• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1161 (resized).PNG
51582148158__232A530B-673A-4BF4-992C-6E44148F2E4F (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hey guys I'm thinking of picking up a used Addams family that it is really decent shape. There is some play field wear around som of the inserts. The buyer is asking 8600.00 I attached a few pics would love any advise, the play field wear makes me a little nervous.

#2 6 years ago

Your photos don't appear to be showing up.

That's way above the average price for a TAF. It should be near mint at that price point.

Average working examples hover around $5k.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Hey guys I'm thinking of picking up a used Addams family that it is really decent shape. There is some play field wear around som of the inserts. The buyer is asking 8600.00 I attached a few pics would love any advise, the play field wear makes me a little nervous.

Are those Canadian dollars? That is about $3k too high for anything other than a PERFECT version of TAF. it's the highest selling pin ever.. dude you can find another one!

#4 6 years ago

Hey guys sorry here are pics, yes I thought he was way high also. It has been cleaned but not leds. I attached some pics of the play field wear and here is the listing.
sfbay.craigslist.org link

51582148158__232A530B-673A-4BF4-992C-6E44148F2E4F (resized).JPG51582148158__232A530B-673A-4BF4-992C-6E44148F2E4F (resized).JPG

IMG_1161 (resized).PNGIMG_1161 (resized).PNG

#5 6 years ago

Way high. Hate to see u get ripped off. Fun game though!

#6 6 years ago

Run away!

#7 6 years ago

If the upper inserts are that bad, the mansion inserts will be much worse (inspect for a sticker overlay on them). I'm guessing this is a $4,500 TAF.

#8 6 years ago

Thankyou so much guys, I was trying to be realistic and workout some sort of reasonable deal with the guy and not waste anyone's time but he's got pretty upset with me. I mean I could get a new medieval madness for that

#9 6 years ago

People who list games for twice their value aren't worth dealing with. Just wait for something in the right stratosphere or have a game shipped from outside of CA.

#10 6 years ago

Thankyou so much guys, I was trying to be realistic and workout some sort of reasonable deal with the guy and not waste anyone's time but he's got pretty upset with me. I mean I could get a new medieval madness for that

He's out of his mind if he wants that much. Let him act like a dirty diaper man-baby all he wants. Walking away is the smart decision.

#11 6 years ago
#12 6 years ago

Thanks guys I did walk away, and he got very bent out of shape, and basically I had just say "look I'm done". I mean I don't get it, I was just being honest with the guy... it was like he thought he had some jewel of the Nile in his hand or something lol.

#13 6 years ago

I went to look at a SWT once and the dude spent an hour showing me all his other toys. Once he'd finally given me 5 minutes with the pin, I offered him a very fair price about $1k than he was asking. He flipped out and told ME to quit wasting HIS time. I told him to call me if he changed his mind, and he told me not to call him if I did! Cranky old bastard.

#14 6 years ago

Hell to the no, (especially) with that wear

#15 6 years ago

Thanks guys I did walk away, and he got very bent out of shape, and basically I had just say "look I'm done". I mean I don't get it, I was just being honest with the guy... it was like he thought he had some jewel of the Nile in his hand or something lol.

Never deal with psycho sellers. He's just looking for a sucker and you're not playing his game. Playfield looks like shit and he prob has a ton of emails telling him so.

#16 6 years ago

$6K should land you a VERY NICE machine. $8600 is insanity. Based on the insert wear, that's a sub-$5K example all day long.

#17 6 years ago

Did he tell you that they sell for that much on ebay?

#18 6 years ago

crlush ya he tried to... I said yes people list them at these insane prices, but u have to look at what they actually sell for... he basically dismissed every piece of input I provided and told me I was a typical craiglister wit ev not my problem I'll take my money elsewhere lol

#19 6 years ago

Congrats on doing your homework and coming on here to consult the community. You just saved yourself thousands of dollars and who knows how many headaches!

The previous comments were right, too: You can find a really nice player for around $6k all day long. It's just all about the timing. I waited a few years before I finally got my hands on a great TAF. Patience can save you money and work(as in fixing a poor condition game).

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

Congrats on doing your homework and coming on here to consult the community. You just saved yourself thousands of dollars and who knows how many headaches!
The previous comments were right, too: You can find a really nice player for around $6k all day long. It's just all about the timing. I waited a few years before I finally got my hands on a great TAF. Patience can save you money and work(as in fixing a poor condition game).

I was patient and scored mine for $2400! Woop woop!

#21 6 years ago

Miguel351 yes thank you! And thanks to everyone on this thread as well. I am in no rush. I will be as pati mr as I need to be in order to find the correct one, and the more I look the more I learn

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was patient and scored mine for $2400! Woop woop!

Same here. Mine was $3500. Granted it was about 4 years ago, but even then, for the condition it was in, it was a great deal.

Soulrider911 : Perfect example of a better game for an even better price even here on Pinside was that TAF that was completely restored that sold for $7100. I'm guessing they got it for a song, restored it, and passed the savings onto the next buyer(and made a good amount for themselves as well).

#23 6 years ago

Miguel351 I KNOW! i saw that one but it was already sold i would have bought it in a heartbeat and had it shipped

#24 6 years ago

I paid $8500 for mine last year and over paid by probably $2K but I wanted it and it was local. Done lots of repairs and learned a ton along the way. Would like my $2K back but have thoroughly enjoyed the game and the experience.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-advice-addams-family and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.