Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by shock_me
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I'm looking for a good quality scan of Angus' mug on an AC/DC Pro model. I'd like to get an overlay made for my lower playfield....yeah, yeah I know it sounds nuts, but I think it'll look alright if done properly. I'm not a big fan of the firey robot demon look.

Thanks.

#2 11 years ago

I was skeptical opening this thread. That is a good idea.

#3 11 years ago

It would be cool if you could scan it and make it lighter in color so it covers the clear but you could still see thru it to play the mini playfield.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

It would be cool if you could scan it and make it lighter in color so it covers the clear but you could still see thru it to play the mini playfield.

I was going to put it right on the surface of the lower pf, and discussions were had about maybe using a transparent overlay, so that possibly the current flame artwork could be seen through his face in the fleshtone areas. Dunno yet, it's just a concept so far.

Your idea sounds cool too though

#5 11 years ago

If I had a AC/DC I would buy one. I really don't like the look of the mini playfield at all.

#6 11 years ago

I for one like the lower play field more than angus To each their own.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I'm looking for a good quality scan of Angus' mug on an AC/DC Pro model. I'd like to get an overlay made for my lower playfield....yeah, yeah I know it sounds nuts, but I think it'll look alright if done properly. I'm not a big fan of the firey robot demon look.
Thanks.

If you make this make some extras if they come out nice and I may buy one. I like the Angus face too.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

If you make this make some extras if they come out nice and I may buy one. I like the Angus face too.

I wouldn't be making them myself, but I've got a good guy on the job I still need that scan though

#9 11 years ago

The lower playfield is supposed to be hell. The face is supposed to be the devil as seen by his eyes, nose, and horns. I think the angus face would not fit the theme of hell properly and would look bad with the lit inserts. That's just my thoughts.

#10 11 years ago

It's a good pf modification, Angus. If I could stand looking at SR's silly mug, I'd consider that for the lower pf as well, since it's his voice, also possibly the skull, which would have to be totally custom art from a local artist.

#11 11 years ago

I think the face was a last minute knee jerk reaction to armchair rgp designers. It makes no sense and looks ridiculous. I'm aware of the spin otherwise but don't buy it. I'd gladly replace my flaming Ironman head with a proper Angus.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The lower playfield is supposed to be hell. The face is supposed to be the devil as seen by his eyes, nose, and horns. I think the angus face would not fit the theme of hell properly and would look bad with the lit inserts. That's just my thoughts.

Nope, it was originally intended to be Angus in "The Underworld", but after all the complaining and uproar when the Pro was released they quickly changed it to what it is today. If I could figure out how to attach a damn PDF I'd show you the original Stern Spec sheets I have. It was a last minute change.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-acdc-pro-playfield-scan-angus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.