Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by whisper
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 8 years ago

Hey man, welcome to the addiction. The Pinball Arcade is a great place to learn about a wide variety of pins, but as others said, no digital recreation can really compare to the kinetic feeling of a real game.

Here are some other suggestions based on your comment about enjoying progression and unlocking new areas or mechanical events on a game: (and trying to keep suggestions under 5k)

Funhouse -- hit ramps and targets and lanes to put Rudy to sleep, shoot into his mouth to wake him up and start 3-ball Multiball, then go into the trap door for jackpots. Not the deepest rule set for the long term, but super fun for kids and adults, and the animated head is pretty amazing mechanically.

Bride of Pinbot -- really awesome artwork, and a very neat progression mechanic as you try to bring the robot bride to life. There is a billion point shot that throws off the entire scoring of the game, but it is still pretty fun to get to the point where her heart starts beating and an astronaut exclaims "my god, she's alive"! (Which also starts Multiball). This is actually my 7 year old daughter's favorite game.

Other games that have a whole lot going on mechanically or rules-wise:
    Twilight Zone
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    No Good Gophers
    Medieval Madness (very expensive, though)
    Monster Bash (also pretty pricy)
    Lord of the Rings
    Star Trek
    Spider-Man
    White Water
    Wizard of Oz (no game has more going on mechanically, but this one is expensive)
    Road Show
    Champion Pub

#28 8 years ago

Honestly though a lot will come down to what happens to come up for sale for a decent price in your area. You will want to physically inspect and play any game before you buy it! Stay flexible. don't get locked into finding one specific title, or you could be looking for years.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-a-suggestion-for-my-first-pinball-purchase?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.