• 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dantesmark
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4c9d76a1e69ea0cae32e56e363491d80735b44f1 (resized).jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Hi guys!
I am looking for suggestions for my 4th pin of my collection!
I have an ACDC vault pro and a WH2O, and am working on getting a Medieval Madness.
What game would be a little different/unique/fun to set next to these titles? Only interested in games from the 90’s and up.
Thanks for the ideas!!

#2 5 years ago

Maybe time to go for a darker theme?

BSD, TFTC. Shadow

#3 5 years ago

Bride of Pinbot 2.0 up for sale in market. Your avatar looks like her.

#4 5 years ago

Yea had bride, but had to get a divorce. Lol

#5 5 years ago

Shadow would work for 90s although I would suggest an early 80s SS

#6 5 years ago

Those are 3 great flow games. I'd go for something with some extra flippers; maybe a little more unique layout - stop n go perhaps? Depends on your budget, but since youre getting an MM I'll throw the high budget games out there - here's my suggestions in order:

JJPOTC
Maiden
Dialed In
WOZ
TAF
SMVE
TZ

#7 5 years ago

Just make certain it matches up with the all the other CCC's. cookie cutter collections.

You should probably buy a Hoops or a Deadly Weapon but you probably won't be able to find either so don't worry about it and just buy whatever you like.

#8 5 years ago

Hobbit, TSPP or LOTR's, longer playing and unique.

IM , Tron, TWD for shorter playing. (in other words a Borg game)

BSD, Shadow, Indy 500.

#9 5 years ago

If your looking for an 80s game, I’d go for something not really deep but still really fun like Time Machine.

#10 5 years ago

LOTR/Shadow have crossed my mind.
Also P3 and TNA... thoughts?

#11 5 years ago

You might consider a NGG. Very fun game, low price for what you get and you could move it on quick and easy if it's not a keeper.

#12 5 years ago

Not sure on your budget but I would go for LOTR or SS. Maybe SS might
be a little harder to fetch these days but LOTR would add a nice change to line up.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

You might consider a NGG. Very fun game, low price for what you get and you could move it on quick and easy if it's not a keeper.

I haven't seen a low price on NGG in ages. Last one I saw was in the low $4k range.

#14 5 years ago

You should add an early Ballys. So simple but so brutal with inline drops and oh so satisfying spinners.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I haven't seen a low price on NGG in ages. Last one I saw was in the low $4k range.

Well OP is picking up a medieval and thinking aboot TNA... So it's relative

#16 5 years ago

Best bang for buck is Shadow imo. Very challenging gameplay and good to have one like that in a collection. Fish Tales another challenging game that goes great with WH20. For more modern games, hard to beat a MET pro. Fantastic gameplay and relatively cheap. Last suggestion is getting a Lawlor pin for a mix of designers. His games are a lot of fun for all ages and skill levels. TZ, TAF, and DI are the best but many other great ones.

#17 5 years ago

Williams IJ

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I have an ACDC vault pro and a WH2O, and am working on getting a Medieval Madness.

Those are all pretty friendly layouts with clean ramp feeds, medium to long ball times. You need an ass kicker. Total Nuclear Annihilation.

#19 5 years ago

Baywatch. But find an imamaculate one.

Sounds like you are in good financial shape (or at least I hope you are ), I think Houdini would give you a different feel from what I've read.

#20 5 years ago

EBD or Harlem Globetrotters will and can hand you your a@@. They look so innocent and simple until you launch a ball. Very affordable,addicting, and easy to clean and work on.

#21 5 years ago

You need a good mode-based game like IJ or LOTR.

#22 5 years ago

love the suggestions guys!
How bout monster bash?

#23 5 years ago

I have a small lineup that we rotate quite often. We acquired MET & ST & are still having a blast w/ both. Both titles offer lightning fast layouts & excellent & challenging deep rule sets. MET & ST are perfect for home use, as everyone is drawn to the title allure. If you want pure pinball then either MET or ST would be a perfect compliment to your collection.

#24 5 years ago

You have two B/W's and one Stern so the most different/unique/fun game from the 90s and up is TNA.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

LOTR/Shadow have crossed my mind.
Also P3 and TNA... thoughts?

P3 is awesome because it is many games in one. The mini-game ROCS is awesome!

I got some time on TNA over last weekend, and I might be converting to it.

But my first thought was a classic one level game. Something from the 70s or 80s. Fast and brutal. That way you can get that quick play feeling.

#26 5 years ago

Narrowed down to 4.
P3
TNA
IJ
SS

#27 5 years ago

Go with TNA

#29 5 years ago

My only hang up on TNA... and this may be ridiculous, but everytime i see that in a lineup it kinda looks silly, just cause its smaller than the rest of the pins. Am i being shallow here?

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

My only hang up on TNA... and this may be ridiculous, but everytime i see that in a lineup it kinda looks silly, just cause its smaller than the rest of the pins. Am i being shallow here?

You already have a game that can be fast and furious with ACDC and of the list you provided IJ what be a good change of pace with lots of modes. Plus it's a widebody!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Am i being shallow here?

You're being ridiculous

#32 5 years ago

See this is why im struggling!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Not if the other pins are the same height

4c9d76a1e69ea0cae32e56e363491d80735b44f1 (resized).jpg4c9d76a1e69ea0cae32e56e363491d80735b44f1 (resized).jpg
#34 5 years ago

Bad cats.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Not if the other pins are the same height

Without some variety in height I couldn't fit under a support beam or 2.

And without some variety in play it wouldn;t be much fun for me

#36 5 years ago

Maybe Scott could do a one off in a bigger cab for me!?! Lol

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Without some variety in height I couldn't fit under a support beam or 2.
And without some variety in play it wouldn;t be much fun for me

What's better is that TAF next to it is moving to a different spot and getting something else put there. Hopefully by the end of next week

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Maybe Scott could do a one off in a bigger cab for me!?! Lol

Not for a couple years at least. Spooky is plenty busy with TNA and ACNC. Scott is in no rush for game #2...but I'll be ready when they announce it!

If you put TNA at the end of a row, it wouldn't look bad at all.

#39 5 years ago

I guess you ever getting a Safe Cracker is out.

#40 5 years ago

Getting a P3 would be more like getting games 4-7+ though, right?

#41 5 years ago

P3 ive geard a lot about but will need to play b4 purchase... any1 tried it yet? Whadya think?

#42 5 years ago

IMO Scared Stiff is the best choice of the 4 you narrowed down to

#43 5 years ago

Couple reasons why please.

#44 5 years ago

I’d go with a Jersey Jack pin. We love our JJP pins. Definitely on another level compared to stern or spooky. Of the four you listed, I’d go with Indiana Jones.

#45 5 years ago

Ok i think its finally between Scared Stiff and TNA.
Lets here your votes!

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Lets here your votes!

Have you played TNA?

#47 5 years ago

Yes. Prolly 20 times.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Yes. Prolly 20 times.

Ok - only ask because I think it’s a love it or hate it game. Definitely wouldn’t buy it without having some games on it.

I like it but not enough to add to my collection.

#49 5 years ago

TNA for sure. I plan on making it my first nib game. Over the years, I've really become fond of late 70's/early 80's solid state titles. To me, that was the golden age of pinball. Fast games with awesome designs and art, but without too much else tacked-on (like non-interactive toys, video/dmd displays, etc). Yes, tna has an lcd, but it also has digital displays for the scores, and the lcd isn't a big focal point of the game.

To me, TNA is the future of that era of pinball. It *is* all about the action on playfield. The rules are fairly simple, but to actually beat the game is devilishly difficult. Beyond that, Scott actually created the soundtrack for the game (and it's amazing!), and has been actively working on bug fixes and new features (co-op and vs. co-op? Nobody else is doing that!)

Build quality is excellent. I'll admit to being a fan of Spooky, but that only happened after following the development of TNA over the past couple years. If anyone deserves our nib pinball $, I'd be hard-pressed to find a better candidate.

Good luck whatever you choose, but if you *actually* want a game that's different, i think the choice is clear. SS is fun, no doubt. I'd like to get one someday bc it's a crowd-pleaser and an awesome game visually (and climbing the stiff-o-meter is a rush!)...But in terms of overall gameplay, TNA will hold my interest far longer. Plus i think TNA will prove itself to be one of the more enjoyable multiplayer games, to boot. Good luck! Ain't it nice to be in a position to choose between 2 awesome games?

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Lets here your votes!

Between those 2, TNA by miles. I find it a lot more fun.

Quoted from Dantesmark:

P3 ive geard a lot about but will need to play b4 purchase... any1 tried it yet? Whadya think?

My friend has one, and we brought it to Pintastic last weekend in our booth. The game got tons of play, and was very stable. We were constantly switching games by peoples requests. BUT... NEVER buy a pinball machine without playing it first. Not even one I happen to really like. P3 has a very different feel as you play it. So you should try one first.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 85.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 38.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-a-suggestion-for-my-4th-game?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.