5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cn9 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Working on a 520-5000-00 PPB. This board was used on:

ABC Monday Night Football
    Back to the Future
    Laser War
    Phantom of the Opera
    Playboy 35th Anniversary
    Robocop
    Secret Service
    The Simpsons
    Time Machine
    Torpedo Alley

At CN9 (Bottom right corner, below the relay) there are 4 wires that come out of this board (and are missing from mine). From the photos I've been able to find online, I know that #s 1 & 3 are white wires, and #2 and 4 are yellow. What I don't know about is the order of the wires on the other end of the connector...

So, if you can help me out, I need to know which order the wires are in-- we'll use the "pointy" end of the connector as reference.

Thanks in advance!

#2 5 years ago

Bump...

#3 5 years ago

Page 31 in the Time Machine manual shows where the wires at CN9 are coming from. Looks like they are inputs for the 6.3v AC coming right off the transformer as shown on page 28.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Page 31 in the Time Machine manual shows where the wires at CN9 are coming from. Looks like they are inputs for the 6.3v AC coming right off the transformer as shown on page 28.

That's helpful-- thanks! It looks like it may not matter which is the "pointy" end of the connector-- since it's all 6.3v-- or does it? Are they all doing GI, or is some of it for inserts? Hmm...
    cn9 (resized).jpgcn9 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-a-photo-or-description-from-someone-with-a-520-5000-00-ppb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.