(Topic ID: 156549)

Need a little help with Bally startup sequence (1966 Gold Rush)

By drsfmd

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1647_(resized).JPG
IMG_1645_(resized).JPG
dBazaar2-Work_(resized).jpg
help_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

My Gold Rush has suddenly stopped working, and I'm a little stumped as to why.
What's happening: Game is set to free play via a rewiring of the coin return button to be a start button (I've never seen another one does this way, but it's worked for the 45+ years that the machine has been in my family). When I push the start button, it initiates startup sequence, and will reset the score reels, then stop and turn off. A video is below.
» YouTube video
If the score reels are zeroed, and I push the start button again, it will sometimes add score to the ones or tens reel, and if I push the start button again, it will zero those reels out. A video is below.
» YouTube video
I have a schematic (there's no manual available for this machine), but I can't figure out why it the machine would shut off like this. I found this thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-1964-startup-sequence#post-1350163) that discussed the startup sequence of a 1964 Bally machine-- can I assume that this applies to my machine as well? If so, it makes it up to at least "The reset relay, through the score motor, will reset the stepper units (zero the ball count and player units)." I can't say for sure if the next step ("The coin relay, through the score motor, will decrement the credit unit.") applies or not, as it's a single player, "add-a-ball" version that doesn't record more than 1 credit (but the add-a-ball stepper does decrement).
Stumped... any guesses would be welcome.

Is the tilt relay tripping at the end of reset? I have a gottlieb machine that does this. Haven't been able to fully solve it. Been cleaning and adjusting switches to the point it only does it about 30% of the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pauz21.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-a-little-help-with-bally-startup-sequence-1966-gold-rush?tu=Pauz21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.