• Latest reply 3 years ago by Pin_Guy
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

697417E5-5F98-40BC-860B-E30301310535 (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Looking for insight here as many have worked on so many boards and games of this era . And I’m still a rookie really

Under solenoid tests .

All are working fine until I ask for right gate loop 26 .. it fires but also pulls in drop target reset 25 .

Then ask it to fire left top popper 28 and it pulls in left ramp diverter with it ...

I’m the manual I see about tie backs and see they are all together in the j122 plug . Along with the solenoid trigger wires .

Is there a problem with those tie backs ? Can they be removed ? The looped wire I mean .

Sorry I’m a rookie with electronics but have been searching and spending hours trying to figure this out .

Thank you in advance everyone

697417E5-5F98-40BC-860B-E30301310535 (resized).jpeg697417E5-5F98-40BC-860B-E30301310535 (resized).jpeg

#2 3 years ago

WOW, I did not know there were any games wired in this manner.

Quoted from Localspeedshop:

I’m the manual I see about tie backs and see they are all together in the j122 plug . Along with the solenoid trigger wires .

Is there a problem with those tie backs ? Can they be removed ? The looped wire I mean .

NOOOooo. The tieback wires connected to pins 6, 8, and 9 are the only thing keeping the drive transistors on the Power board from burning up when those 3 coils operate.

I suspect you have some type of control issue between the CPU and the control IC for that driver block. The first thing I would try is to rule out the small flat ribbon cable between the CPU and Power Board. Just remove this cable and flip it over so that the side with the red stripe is on the other side (if its on top, make it so its on the bottom and vice versa) Be very careful to ensure all of the pins are properly lined up when you put this back on as its easy to get installed incorrectly. What you are looking for is if the problem either moved to some other issue, or just goes away completely.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-a-little-help-on-wpc94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.