• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

last lap (resized).jpg
rare (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

A couple of years ago, I picked up a Chicago Coin Golden Gloves-- the playfield is amazing for an almost 70 year old game, and the cabinet is quite nice as well. The only drawback is the backglass, which is trash... more missing than what is there. There's no hope in restoring this one... so I need to find a high quality scan of the backglass to have a translite made for it (or hell, total shot in the dark, but if anyone has a backglass for sale... PM me).

Anyone have on and willing to make a high res scan for me? I'd be greatly appreciative.

1 month later
#2 6 years ago

Bump. Maybe someone who can lend a hand will see this

2 weeks later
#3 5 years ago

Bump

6 months later
#4 5 years ago

Bump.

3 weeks later
#5 5 years ago

Maybe I’ll get a Christmas miracle, and someone who has a backglass they can scan will see this.

#6 5 years ago

there is one on ebay now. maybe contact them?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

there is one on ebay now. maybe contact them?

Do you have a link? I wasn't able to find it.

#9 5 years ago

Messaged the seller. Hopefully I’ll get lucky and they can take a full resolution photo for me.

#10 5 years ago

That eBay seller is also a member of Pinside and Pinballowners.com with same ID.....
Man, that game is very rare.......Good Luck!!

rare (resized).jpgrare (resized).jpg

Check Pinballparlour from UK....he's a pinsider too!

1 week later
#11 5 years ago

Thanks Theo_Ioannis I actually reached out to the folks here and on pinball owners some time back... no one who responded has a particularly good backglass.

I have seen a low resolution (really low) of one that was used in a postcard advertising the Walter Day collection. I reached out to them as well, and was told there are no higher resolution photos available.

1 year later
#12 3 years ago

It's been a long time since I posted in this thread...

I was finally able to get some decent scans of sections of the backglass from a kind collector. I was able to piece those together in photoshop, had to do some touchup, and was able to get a translite printed. The colors of the print weren't as vivid as the original (or as vivid as the image I was working from), but were a whole lot better than the peeled mess that I had been working with.

I have since used the same process for my Last Lap, which was missing a backglass. I need to figure out a better place to get these printed, as the colors just don't pop like they should... but again, something is better than nothing.

#13 3 years ago

Good to hear you were able to find and work up something usable

#14 3 years ago

post a photo even if it does not pop

#15 3 years ago

I've stuck Golden Gloves in storage to make room for some other games, and I don't have a photo of the final product handy. Here's a photo of the Last Lap... if you compare it to the photos on IPDB, you'll see that the colors from this printing process aren't nearly as vibrant as the original (though as noted before, the colors on the psd file are very vibrant). You'll also see I modded the image a bit -- I removed the woman and tiny car from the top left, and the guy from the top right. The photos I had of those areas weren't suitable for redrawing, and I'm not enough of an artist to tackle them from scratch, so the path of least resistance was just to remove them.

last lap (resized).jpglast lap (resized).jpg
#16 3 years ago
Quoted from drsfmd:

It's been a long time since I posted in this thread...
I was finally able to get some decent scans of sections of the backglass from a kind collector. I was able to piece those together in photoshop, had to do some touchup, and was able to get a translite printed. The colors of the print weren't as vivid as the original (or as vivid as the image I was working from), but were a whole lot better than the peeled mess that I had been working with.
I have since used the same process for my Last Lap, which was missing a backglass. I need to figure out a better place to get these printed, as the colors just don't pop like they should... but again, something is better than nothing.

Do you have the original scans still available?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-a-high-res-scan-of-golden-gloves-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.