(Topic ID: 64635)

Need your CUSTOM Backglass artwork printed onto real glass?

By KYpinhead

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_2327.JPG
    100_2331.JPG
    100_2325.JPG
    100_2324.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider openpinballproj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 10 years ago

What resolution do you need to get a good print? How does it look close up. (There is really no way you can tell that with pictures because of jpg compression and such.) I just remember seeing my first Tron machine and looking at the targets and thinking they looked horrible. They resized the images and they looked like a pointilism painting close up. If you get really close on the backglass, do the lines look clean?

Sorry for the pickiness. I'm really picky about resizing things (not that you can tell looking at my crappy icon).

#25 10 years ago

So 150 dpi is the minimum, but what is the native resolution of the printing process being used? You mentioned the Flash backglass looked really good. What was the resolution of the picture that was sent to the printer?

One last question. On the backside picture, I see 3 "dings". Two in the top left, one in the bottom left toward the Tilt. What happened there? Can you notice those from the front? Is that just handling issues, or did it come from the printer like that?

I gotta tell you, the backglass from the pictures looks incredible. It is also a great backglass to do initially because I know there are tons of Flash machines out there with absolutely atrocious backglass. It really seems like you know what you are talking about because you spec'd png files instead of jpgs. That gives me a big vote of confidence.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider openpinballproj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-a-backglass-or-translite-printed-onto-real-glass?tu=openpinballproj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.