(Topic ID: 229614)

Need a 3rd game to complete gameroom - what to add?

By rodcom

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What game to add?”

• WOZ 14 votes
    11%
  • Dialed in 45 votes
    35%
  • Hobbit 7 votes
    5%
  • AC/DC 21 votes
    16%
  • Star Trek Vault 9 votes
    7%
  • TNA 12 votes
    9%
  • Beatles 4 votes
    3%
  • Other 17 votes
    13%

(129 votes)

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

So I am in the process of building out a 3 game basement collection. I have settled on 2 games - Batman 66 and Monster Bash Remake. This leaves room for 1 more game in the space and budget. Ideas so far that I have:

- Jersey Jack - Dialed in, WOZ, Hobbit
- go for some flow - AC/DC or Star Trek stern
- Fast - maybe TNA or even Beatles

Generally like newer stuff but will take any ideas.

#2 5 years ago

I'd go with Dialed In in that list. But I would also look at Metallica (Premium) or an IMDN.

#3 5 years ago

Great suggestion on Iron Man!

#4 5 years ago

Tna, iron man, Metallica... any one of those would be sweet!!

#5 5 years ago

JJP Pirates looks very promising. I'd take that over the other JJP games if you go that route.

#6 5 years ago

Dialed In is such a great game. Iron Maiden is very different and a lot of fun as well. If you frequently play with a few people you might want TNA because it is peerless when it comes to multi-player fun.

#7 5 years ago

You can’t go wrong with either Dialed In or IMDN.

Both would be a good choice next to
Batman 66 and MBR.

#8 5 years ago

On the list.. Dialed In. Off the list...the Munsters, which is coming very soon.

#9 5 years ago

Have you considered iron maiden.

#10 5 years ago

Dialed In!

#11 5 years ago

Beatles. You can play any and all others many places. Beatles all the way. Will have better resale down the road, too

#13 5 years ago

DI, Metallica, or Iron Maiden.
Although and older WCS game would also work...

#14 5 years ago

Good choices so far, I’d say Star Trek.

#15 5 years ago

You have 2 games with long ball times. Getting a 3rd like Dialed In does not make sense.

AC/DC, Tron, or Iron Man would be good choices for a third game.

#16 5 years ago

Iron Man is not horrible, but I wouldn’t include it in your choices.

#17 5 years ago

Sorry. The game short cut names confuse me. Iron Maiden is a great game but not a fan of the music.

#18 5 years ago

I think Dialed In and TNA have sufficient different enough play styles / layouts than the two you have already settled on to keep things interesting for you.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Iron Man is not horrible, but I wouldn’t include it in your choices.

AC/DC then or go older Dmd with BSD, TAF, etc..,

#20 5 years ago

Consider Arcade Legends 3. I get that it’s about pinball, but AL3 has proven to be a great value and super popular as an alternative and/or break when I/guests are pinballed out.

If you’re under 50 and don’t fondly recall the games, ignore this suggestion.

#21 5 years ago

Iron Maiden, and when did they announce StarTrek vault?

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from slcorrado:

Consider Arcade Legends 3. I get that it’s about pinball, but AL3 has proven to be a great value and super popular as an alternative and/or break when I/guests are pinballed out.

If you’re under 50 and don’t fondly recall the games, ignore this suggestion.

I think you mean under 40, I'm 44 and have a AL3 they are all childhood classics. I actually just picked up the Namco PacMan Pixel Bash full size coin op and its amazing.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

but not a fan of the music.

Not sure if you like Metallica music, but I HIGHLY recommend Metallica before AC/DC.

Dump the Batman 66 and go for a JJP POTC

May check out Star Wars or Tron

Good luck sticking to three machines, you will be looking for the next one before you know it.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dump the Batman 66 and go for a JJP POTC

Don't do that, JJP POTC is really boring at least for me it was but BM66 is sheer greatness.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Don't do that, JJP POTC is really boring at least for me it was but BM66 is sheer greatness.

Out of all the JJP games I think Pirates has the best layout, clear objectives, relatable theme, cool toy(ship), and it seems to have the lasting element in a home environment. I have only played a few times but people seem to like it.

Batman 66 rotisserie makes the game clunky and I still prefer the layout on BDK. Code has come a long way but it still does not do it for me. I think I have post traumatic stress disorder from the horrible beta launch. Still can't get that damn Joker turning around 100 times out of my head-seriously traumatized.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Out of all the JJP games I think Pirates has the best layout, clear objectives, relatable theme, cool toy(ship), and it seems to have the lasting element in a home environment. I have only played a few times but people seem to like it.

Batman 66 rotisserie makes the game clunky and I still prefer the layout on BDK. Code has come a long way but it still does not do it for me. I think I have post traumatic stress disorder from the horrible beta launch. Still can't get that damn Joker turning around 100 times out of my head-seriously traumatized.

Fair enough, for me DI is the best of the JJP pins.I can see having BM66 launch issues I recently had some serious time on one with the latest code and it was really great, I'm not of that era and really haven't even seen an episode of BM66 but damn is was fun.

#27 5 years ago

Definitely need a JJP pin in your lineup. I suggest Dialed In. Great pin

#28 5 years ago

Wait - get Munsters next month!!!!!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Wait - get Munsters next month

I am not one to say wait and see, but I would wait and see what Munster's has to offer before pulling the trigger on MB. Something fresh and new vs been there done that. Hoping the layout on Munster's kicks ass.

#30 5 years ago

Both the games you have were coded by Lyman, which would be a great theme to unify a 3 game collection. The only one you mention that this also Lyman code is ACDC (worth getting the premium). As others have mentioned Iron Man and Met would also be great choices.

#31 5 years ago

How did you leave IMDN out of your poll? Its the best game out there right now.

#32 5 years ago
#33 5 years ago

Doesn't really matter as three will never be enough. I always say to myself the next one will be the last.

#34 5 years ago

You already have a Stern and a CGC. I think it's time to complete this set with a JJP. One of each maker would be a good idea imo.

Doesn't matter which. You really can't go wrong with a JJP title. There's not a bad one in the bunch.

#35 5 years ago

Ok, your looking for a good third wheel for your manage et trois eh?

Well yesterday I played IMDN, POTC, DI, AC/DC, TNA, GB, BM66, MET, TBL, BBB, as well as FGy, Diner, NGG, I500, TS, GOTG, and JB while attending our last league tournament event for the year. Argosy, and Stars were the throwback machines in the tournament. I have recently played MBrLE at Expo, along with TJ, TB’s, and Mafia, Houdini, and OF, and DP, Aerosmith, SW, WOZ, TH.

Two machines out of all of those stand out as incredible shooters for me and that is JJP POTC, and Stern IMDN. I didnt think I would get into POTC, and I don’t get into the rules too deep while playing, but damn if it wasn’t a fuck ton of fun.

I am not a hard core Iron Maiden fan, but the flow and feel of IMDN reminds me of LOTR, and so let me make my recommendation...

Get a LOTR to sit next to MBrLE and BM66... or a IMDN if you can’t find a LOTR any cheeper than a NIB Maiden.

#36 5 years ago

IMDN, TWD, JJPPOTC, Dialed In, AC/DC would probably be my top choices.

#37 5 years ago

We have WOZ in the lineup & it's really a fantastic machine that is universally recognized. Absolutely the most visually stunning machine out there. You really can't go wrong w/ WOZ.

Also, I would highly recommend Houdini, as it has both a very unique layout & rule set. Awesome machine that is challenging & has a boat load of objectives to achieve, making this title perfect for home use. We're having a ball w/ it!

#38 5 years ago

I agree with you on the Iron Maiden plays great. but just not my music and theme so am passing on it!!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

I agree with you on the Iron Maiden plays great. but just not my music and theme so am passing on it!!

Feel same but gameplay is really good. Thought the same about Metallica years ago. Now it's one of my top fav games. Thinking I might look for a good deal on used when people start looking for something new.

From that list I say DI. Expensive but really fun game. Honorable mention is Hobbit. You can find pretty good deals on used these days.

#40 5 years ago

SW premium has a lot of good flow and a lot of great modes and is well integrated.

Hobbit is about to have a major release and I am hearing from the beta testers is that it is a good release.

#41 5 years ago

If you go JJP, save cash and keep that third slot ready for HUO as hype settles down on your choice.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

You really can't go wrong with a JJP title. There's not a bad one in the bunch.

Yeah there is, more than one and theres only 4.

#43 5 years ago

I'd also consider MMr and AFMr

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

You have 2 games with long ball times. Getting a 3rd like Dialed In does not make sense.
AC/DC, Tron, or Iron Man would be good choices for a third game.

What does that matter in home pins? That only applies to bars in most cases. Most people who aren't 'pin' people don't mind longer ball times because it makes them feel like they don't suck and gives them more time to familiarize themselves with the game.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, your looking for a good third wheel for your manage et trois eh?
Well yesterday I played IMDN, POTC, DI, AC/DC, TNA, GB, BM66, MET, TBL, BBB, as well as FGy, Diner, NGG, I500, TS, GOTG, and JB while attending our last league tournament event for the year. Argosy, and Stars were the throwback machines in the tournament. I have recently played MBrLE at Expo, along with TJ, TB’s, and Mafia, Houdini, and OF, and DP, Aerosmith, SW, WOZ, TH.
Two machines out of all of those stand out as incredible shooters for me and that is JJP POTC, and Stern IMDN. I didnt think I would get into POTC, and I don’t get into the rules too deep while playing, but damn if it wasn’t a fuck ton of fun.
I am not a hard core Iron Maiden fan, but the flow and feel of IMDN reminds me of LOTR, and so let me make my recommendation...
Get a LOTR to sit next to MBrLE and BM66... or a IMDN if you can’t find a LOTR any cheeper than a NIB Maiden.

But but I know your favorite song is now The Tropper!

#46 5 years ago

You mean “The Trooper”? Hells Yeah! and “Run to the Hills” and “Number of the Beast”? You just never realized how much of an IMDN fan you are till you start playing IMDN... but for some reason, I keep throwing goat heads with both hands, thrashing some mean air riffs, and bashing the imaginary skins... every time between balls... wishing my hair was long again and I could thrash it around like the old days...

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I spent an hour again yesterday trying to get into IMDN. I really enjoy the layout and shots but the music is like nails on a chalkboard. I literally would have to turn down the volume if I owned one. I want to like it but the music is horrid. (Wish Stern would consider a re-skin for IMDN)

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

(Wish Stern would consider a re-skin for IMDN)

Just curious what music/band would you prefer?

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just curious what music/band would you prefer?

I am a big music lover. Grew up touring with the Dead in High School. I would like to say I enjoy all types of music and appreciate different genres of music. For some reason I simply cannot stand Country music and what I call cheesy 80's death metal chorus bands. Iron Maiden music really comes off as high pitch screeching that hurts my ears to listen to.

What band do I prefer- Any band besides Iron Maiden, Barry Manilow, or Garth Brooks.

What band do I prefer- Grateful Dead(dream theme) Led Zepellin(dream theme) Talking Heads(dream theme) also have had recent thoughts of doing a Steve Miller Band pin. Could you imagine flipping to the song Abracadabra?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-a-3rd-game-to-complete-gameroom-what-to-add?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.