New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 274697)

Neat operator "Skill Shot" mod on County Fair

By BlackCatBone

74 days ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by BlackCatBone
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Bally County Fair with Bally logo removed from above game title. Also contains a custom first-ball-in-16 scores bonus feature not present in the factory game. Seen on eBay 2020-08-06 (resized).jpg

#1 74 days ago

I saw this on eBay today. Some enterprising operator has added a "Skill Shot" feature to a County Fair. Hit 16 when the green light on the top marquee is lit and you win the number of games shown on its meter (I'm guessing). I've never seen this mod before. I'm wondering how and when the bonus was incremented. I'm already feeling my juices flow just thinking about playing this baby and looking for that green light.

Bally County Fair with Bally logo removed from above game title. Also contains a custom first-ball-in-16 scores bonus feature not present in the factory game. Seen on eBay 2020-08-06 (resized).jpg
#2 73 days ago

That does look interesting, I wonder it the mod is operable. I think they had jackpot features on some of the games in Vegas in the 70's as well. Frankly, I'd prefer the game next to it in the second photo of the listing - a Lido.

#3 73 days ago

another variation - http://bingo.cdyn.com/oddities/jackpot/

so far, nobody has one of those machines and been willing/able to come up with how the jackpot is wired into the game. In the 5-in-lit-color version of the jackpot, there's max 10 wires going into the upper compartment. Assuming 3 of them are wires 30, 70 and a 6V power wire, that leaves up to seven wires to tie into the original game.

I'd guess there's a continuous stepper in the jackpot unit which controls which color (if any) is a jackpot and it could also add credits to the jackpot every N steps, but I just made that up with no evidence to support it ... hmmm ... do I have political aspirations?

#4 73 days ago

If you want to be a politician you just have to pay the jackpot to everyone even if they don't win it.

#5 72 days ago
Quoted from baldtwit:

another variation - http://bingo.cdyn.com/oddities/jackpot/
so far, nobody has one of those machines and been willing/able to come up with how the jackpot is wired into the game. In the 5-in-lit-color version of the jackpot, there's max 10 wires going into the upper compartment. Assuming 3 of them are wires 30, 70 and a 6V power wire, that leaves up to seven wires to tie into the original game.
I'd guess there's a continuous stepper in the jackpot unit which controls which color (if any) is a jackpot and it could also add credits to the jackpot every N steps, but I just made that up with no evidence to support it ... hmmm ... do I have political aspirations?

Someone near NJ can find out about this game for as little as $100 (opening bid with zero bids to date):

ebay.com link » County Fair Bingo

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
COINTAKER.COM
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Habos Arcade
$ 16.50
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 85.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
£ 99.00
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7.00
$ 12.75
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 10.00
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
COINTAKER.COM

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside