Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Zak440
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hello,

I have always wanted to get into pinball more and have played off an on a SMIDGE, however I finally made the plunge and bought a machine and have been going to some local places (Quarter up, Stonehenge, and Mad cap).

I am not sure of too many other places but I tried the leagues at Quarter and Mad and so far both are great. I could not find the time for Stonehedge but I think its tonight. Do any of these leagues have websites or groups on Facebook? I know the stores do but not sure the leagues are included on those.

Do any of you know of any other leagues? I want to try a few out and maybe narrow down to the place that gets the most people has the best machines etc. Mad cap I will prob go to regardless as its the closest but perhaps a second one would be nice to do throughout the week.

Thanks,

#4 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure the Stonehedge Wednesday thing is just a casual knock-out tournament. 7pm I believe? KidForce Collectibles in Berea has one of the biggest leagues in the nation....168 people I believe played in the last season (4 league seasons a year). Covid has put a dent on that as the regular leagues have been put on hold. They are however starting a smaller casual league starting Oct. 26th with rules in place to make it a safe way to play some pinball. Look them up on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/277089579088925/

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from RedDragons5:

I'm pretty sure the Stonehedge Wednesday thing is just a casual knock-out tournament. 7pm I believe? KidForce Collectibles in Berea has one of the biggest leagues in the nation....168 people I believed played in the last season (4 league seasons a year). Covid has put a dent on that as the regular leagues have been put on hold. They are however starting a smaller casual league starting Oct. 26th with rules in place to make it a safe way to play some pinball. Look them up on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/277089579088925/

Oh Kidforce? I do not remember them having a machine. I think I went there for MTG a few times back when I still payed. I will check that one out too.

I did the same with MTG But rules changed so much I gave it up. When I find a fun new hoppy I jump in full force haha. Sucks for me because all the hobbies I like are expensive lmao.

EDIT: You know what, it was not mtg. it was DND stuff just looked them up. Played that for a bit too but we kind of got bored with it after a while lol.

#6 3 years ago

Jump on in! Pretty sure they have 22 games at the moment.

#7 3 years ago

Southland Lanes is a great place to play pinball. 31 different pinballs. Lineup is always changing. New leagues and tournaments all the time. Located 40 minutes north of you in middleburg heights. Madcap and Stonehedge are the best locations in your area.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from RedDragons5:

Jump on in! Pretty sure they have 22 games at the moment.

So even though the leagues only start the 26th can you still go there to play now?

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from tlsbryan:

Southland Lanes is a great place to play pinball. 31 different pinballs. Lineup is always changing. New leagues and tournaments all the time. Located 40 minutes north of you in middleburg heights. Madcap and Stonehedge are the best locations in your area.

yeah 40 mins is more than I really wanna do. I may go one day to play if I am near by but weekly eh. I already drive for work quite often lol.

#10 3 years ago

Southland is great too! Yes, KidForce is open Monday-Saturday.

#11 3 years ago

i thought stonehedge was mondays. i could be wrong. i say flyers there for it a few weeks back by the change machine.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

yeah 40 mins is more than I really wanna do. I may go one day to play if I am near by but weekly eh. I already drive for work quite often lol.

New league starting up. You can go on weekends when convenient for you. 40 minutes is a hike during the week

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

i thought stonehedge was mondays. i could be wrong. i say flyers there for it a few weeks back by the change machine.

Just called they said its today. Around 7pm

#14 3 years ago

Fieldsweeper Hey,
    My name is Zak and I took over the Stonehedge meeting on Wednesdays. Starts at about 7pm usually 715 but 7 is what we are aiming for. If you come up a bit earlier I’m there at about 6:30 or any other time in the week if you let me know I can make an appearance. We can talk in person to make it easier and give you the run down of the area, places to play and rules of tournaments. It’s pretty welcoming and we have skills/players from all over. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to answer them

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zak440:

fieldsweeper Hey,
    My name is Zak and I took over the Stonehedge meeting on Wednesdays. Starts at about 7pm usually 715 but 7 is what we are aiming for. If you come up a bit earlier I’m there at about 6:30 or any other time in the week if you let me know I can make an appearance. We can talk in person to make it easier and give you the run down of the area, places to play and rules of tournaments. It’s pretty welcoming and we have skills/players from all over. Let me know if you have any questions and I’ll be happy to answer them

I’m so happy to hear this!!!

#16 3 years ago

mrm_4 I didn’t even tell you! Yea come play! Officially a TD

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zak440:

fieldsweeper Hey,

Yeah I made it up there. Was going to Mad cap today but dosed off after work with a headache and only just woke up at 715 I was bummed lol.

Hint we were on the broken monster bash lol

#18 3 years ago

Oh yea! It is rare that happens, I promise lol. Glad you joined us! Next time I see you we will play a few games and chat a bit.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zak440:

Oh yea! It is rare that happens, I promise lol. Glad you joined us! Next time I see you we will play a few games and chat a bit.

Sounds good. And I didn't care about the monster bash lol. btw is a death save allowed in leagues? I read they are not allowed in like major events but curious if any one can even pull em off? I wanna perfect that method haah

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

btw is a death save allowed in leagues?

Most leagues use IFPA rules so we would use the style of rules. Since it’s not worth any points (IFPA has suspended all events) we may do some things against rules but no death saves or bang backs are not allowed. Most tilts in tournaments will cause you to tilt instead of save it. If it comes screaming down, hits behind your flipper and comes back into play that’s called a Lazarus which is legal. Death saves would cause games to last forever and it’s a mixed feeling if a death save is a legit move. I wouldn’t get in the habit of it but I can definitely show you how to do it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ne-ohio-leagues?hl=fieldsweeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.