IMG_1596 (resized).JPG
IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMG_1600 (resized).JPG
NBA_FastbreakRoster.PNG
EABF613F-41CA-4944-8EB2-7CB3BF4DA68F (resized).jpeg
BDE40382-DE55-4C85-BE79-83B6BBA7A20F (resized).jpeg
IMG_4268 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrSanRamon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 10 years ago

White rings with orange flipper rubbers.

Robert

4 weeks later
#23 10 years ago

Probably should have posted here...I'm working with Cliffy to get FB protectors done.

See this link:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fb-protectors

Robert

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Anyone replace their legs with colored ones? The legs mine came with are pretty beat and I was thinking of purple or candy purple legs from Marco.

The whole game is Orange...I was thinking of doing that color for legs, bar, rails...sort of like a Shrek...just not green.

Robert

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Thanks, Robert! The biggest wear spots seem to be the saucers (Crazy Bob's and In the Paint) and the "net" portion of the left ramp. I'm not sure if these would fall under the purview of Cliffy - usually I think of hole protectors with Cliffy, of which NBAFB has none.

When Cliffy asked me to help him, I was wondering where the issues were. I'm sure there are spots that need protection, but yes there are no VUKs or subways.

Well there are no VUKs where the ball falls in a hole, perhaps people are seeing wear at the up-kick points around the basket.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has wear points that might need a protector...so we can evaluate if one can be made and would work/hold up appropriately.

Thanks.

Robert

#29 10 years ago

I've been working on an updated rule sheet for FB, the basis for it was stolen from other sources.

Thought I'd post here in case anyone wants to review and critique it so far.

Thanks.

Robert

2 months later
#39 10 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Also, by the way, how are the Cliffys coming? Any news?

Quoted from westofrome:

Thanks, Robert! The biggest wear spots seem to be the saucers (Crazy Bob's and In the Paint) and the "net" portion of the left ramp.

I have discussed NBAFB protectors with Cliff a couple of times, he's hammered with other projects and I haven't pushed him.

If I can get a few more inputs as to where protection is needed (other than where Dave as suggested), I'll start the discussion with him again.

The key to protectors is to get them all decided at once, as there is more than likely no going back.

Thanks.

Robert

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

I've never seen a topper for sale anywhere, has anyone?

I haven't seen a factory Topper for sale for about 2 years, and that one went for real money.

Robert

#44 10 years ago

NBA Topper.pngNBA Topper.png

#47 10 years ago

Who has an NBAFB playfield or game that is mostly taken apart.

I've looked at my game, that is all assembled, to see what might be done for protectors at the 4 "pass" saucers.

There isn't anything existing that will work and it looks like each might have to be slightly different. I need to have someone with either a bare or partially disassembled game help with the protector effort.

Thanks.

Robert

1 year later
#84 9 years ago

I'm getting ready to replace the artwork in the backbox.

It appears that it is a sticky-back sheet, and is well adhered to the plastic tray.

What would be the best way to remove it? I tried pulling on one edge and it seems too well stuck for that to work without the possibility of cracking the surrounding tray.

Has anyone removed/replaced the artwork and how did they do it, heat gun?

Thanks.

Robert

#85 9 years ago

Checking again to se if anyone has any suggestions as to how to proceed.

I may just stick the new graphic over the old one.

Robert

#86 9 years ago

I got a metal guard ball guide 04-10253 from Marco and can't figure out how it fits. I think I need a mirror image of this bracket to fit my FB.

Any one have an install pics or suggestions?

Robert

2 weeks later
#90 9 years ago

My FB is in the middle of a needed refurb...some of the rubbers under the shot clock & ramps have never been changed.

In checking out the system, the right backbox speaker had no output. I tried another speaker with the same result.

The other 2 speakers seem to work fine.

Anyone know where to start to troubleshoot this? Perhaps a wiring issue or an audio-visual pcb issue?

Thanks.

Robert

#92 9 years ago

Yes, after spending some time with the schematic, I saw that.

I just need to rundown the break.

Robert

#93 9 years ago

I just bought some rivet nuts so I can make a p/n 04-1253-1.

I'll let people know how it works out.

Robert

2 weeks later
#94 9 years ago

Duplicate...

#95 9 years ago

I got a new right ramp from Australia, and started to put decals on it when I noticed that it was broken. Now I start over again...ugh!

This game is a bitch to clean and refurbish...especially the 20 or so solenoids that I needed to rebuild.

It has been torn apart now for about a month, long enough for my wife to ask me when It's going to be done so we can have people over to visit again.

As soon as the new right ramp gets here I can start to put the 2 dozen brackets, flaps, light assemblies back on with rivets.

It will play great again, I hope, but the process isn't as easy as I thought. Some of the rubbers under the shot clock were originals.

Robert

2 weeks later
#97 9 years ago

Except for the backbox assembly and lighting, the game is back together and working great.

New ramps, rubbers, LEDs, cleaned and re-sleeved all of the coils!, installed several new plastics and posts and a through cleaning.

Looks and plays really nice...glad I kept it.

Robert

After Rebuild.JPGAfter Rebuild.JPG

4 months later
#98 8 years ago

Installed my new topper last night!

Robert

2015-07-21 06.44.04.jpg2015-07-21 06.44.04.jpg

#99 8 years ago

Another pic...

FB Topper.jpgFB Topper.jpg

#101 8 years ago

I got it from Greg Butcher. He actually made 2, one got lost in the mail, so he made me another.

Looks great!

Robert

11 months later
#111 7 years ago

I generated this awhile back, needs a little work and I would welcome comments and corrections.

Robert

Guide_to_NBA_FASTBREAK_Rev_4.pdfGuide_to_NBA_FASTBREAK_Rev_4.pdf

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Trying out toppers for my NBA.

This is what I have.

Robert

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Thanks for sharing, Robert! This is a great write-up of the rules and strategies of NBAFB

I suggest that people take a look at these rules and let me know if there are any additions or corrections that need to be made.

Robert

1 year later
#126 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Could someone please tell me what type of screw goes on that metal bracket that holds the blue bumper on the left side where big bobs is? Specifically I'm trying to determine what type head the screw is.
Thanks!

Quoted from KornFreak28:

would also like to know what holds the blue rubber

I think I got my part from Pinbits. If I remember correctly there are 2 of these, and they are mirror images. So, you have to look at the stainless part and figure out which one you need.

Pinbits listing: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_7&products_id=170&zenid=3f4fdef08364844a3432829624dd461a

But, it seems to me that they had the NBAFB part listed incorrectly, and I needed the other one. Maybe it's been fixed now. I bought mine 3 years ago from Pinbits.

In any case, what I remember is that when I looked for the part:

1. It was hard to find
2. Some websites had the incorrect part listed (the mirror image part)
3. I had to buy the wrong part to figure out what the correct part was.
4. I drove to Pinbits and picked up the part so I could see that it was what I needed.

#133 6 years ago

I also wrote a few things about this bracket in post #86 above.

Robert

IMG_20170909_090928690 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_090928690 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170909_090955774 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_090955774 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170909_090941380 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_090941380 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170909_091026523 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_091026523 (resized).jpg

#138 6 years ago

The bottom 2 pictures is how the part fits my game.

The part on the top is from the Pinbits website and the lower part is from the Marco web site. The pictures show them as identical.

Compare those pics to the picture of the part in the game.

If you install the part, note that the bolt hole is up and toward the end of the long ball guide and the width is longer than the height. At least that is how I had to install it to get it to work.

The Marco part would be down and toward the end or up and away from the end long ball guide, as it looks like it's wider than high.

Now the bracket I got may be weird and theirs may fit if it goes in exactly like is shown in the Pinbits picture...that is the height and width are about the same.

Quoted from DocRotCod:

Heck if someone could even upload a pic of how that metal bracket attaches I would appreciate it. I think the one I got from Marco is too tall.

I think if you cut the bottom (the right side in the Marco picture) off a bit, it will fit and work.

Hope you guys can understand this rambling post.

Robert

WPC PN 04-10253 (resized).jpgWPC PN 04-10253 (resized).jpg
Guard - ball guide Marco (resized).jpgGuard - ball guide Marco (resized).jpg
IMG_20170909_090955774 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_090955774 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170909_091026523 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_091026523 (resized).jpg

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Don't know how I could get a clean cut. With a dremel it's so fast I don't think it would look good.

Cut it with a Dremel and then file or grind it flat/square.

Robert

3 weeks later
#157 6 years ago

Nice game!

If you have a price in mind for the topper, let me know.

Robert

2 weeks later
#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Galaga:

Any tips to fix it? Is somebody building a protector for it?

There aren't any protectors for the basket.

The basket it is part of the left ramp assembly and the only way I know of repair is to glue the broken pieces together.

The games usually play OK with a broken basket, so depending on how bad yours is you'll have to decide whether to buy a new ramp or fix yours...or do nothing.

Robert

4 months later
#221 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

spreadsheet + hours of staring at a NBA Fastbreak DMD =

Thanks for this. Tyrone Hill (cavs) once played for the Warriors and lived next door to me.

Robert

5 months later
#231 5 years ago

I would look at the manual then at the game and make sure that the coils are correct.

Robert

1 week later
#232 5 years ago

I'm going to sell my NBA Fastbreak and have a local buyer that is thinking of getting it, but I do have a lot of parts: plastics, metal ball guides, shot clock, rear (passing) coil assemblies that will probably be left over.

If anyone is interested in these let me know and I'll contact you as soon as I know whats available.

Robert

#233 5 years ago

As much as I love the game, the grand-kids just don't come over anymore to play my Fastbreak, it was their favorite pinball game.

So I have listed it on SF bay area Craig's list, but do have quite a few parts that most likely will be available.

So if anyone wants something let me know. I'll update later after game is sold as to what's available.

Thanks.

Robert

Ball guides:

IMG_1596 (resized).JPGIMG_1596 (resized).JPG

Passing coil assemblies:

IMG_1597 (resized).JPGIMG_1597 (resized).JPG

Shot clock:

IMG_1598 (resized).JPGIMG_1598 (resized).JPG

Plastics, plastics, plastics:

IMG_1599 (resized).JPGIMG_1599 (resized).JPG

Decals:

IMG_1600 (resized).JPGIMG_1600 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrSanRamon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nbafb-owners-club?tu=MrSanRamon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.