IMG_1596 (resized).JPG
IMG_1599 (resized).JPG
IMG_1598 (resized).JPG
IMG_1600 (resized).JPG
NBA_FastbreakRoster.PNG
EABF613F-41CA-4944-8EB2-7CB3BF4DA68F (resized).jpeg
BDE40382-DE55-4C85-BE79-83B6BBA7A20F (resized).jpeg
IMG_4268 (resized).JPG

There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 8 years ago

I got it from Greg Butcher. He actually made 2, one got lost in the mail, so he made me another.

Looks great!

Robert

#102 8 years ago

Next to a few of the teams high scores it has a circle...on some two circles..and even if you beat those scores you cant put in your initials. Any idea how to get those removed?

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Next to a few of the teams high scores it has a circle...on some two circles..and even if you beat those scores you cant put in your initials. Any idea how to get those removed?

They are championship rings! What you're actually playing for. You can get up to three rings as far as I know.

#104 8 years ago

Ahhhh ok that makes sense. So if the high score is 50 w/ one ring, you have to score higher, but get a ring as well, to put initials up? Just learning the rules..

#105 8 years ago

I just picked up my fb on Sunday. I love the game. I see some people have installed LED's. I have a few in mine, but would like to add more. Does anyone have a list they have put together and a picture to show what it looks like? There are just so many options, and I am looking for a little guidance as to what to put where. I could just buy a kit, but they seem like they are a lot more compared to buying them individually. Any help here would be great.

Thanks!

1 month later
#106 8 years ago

Is anyone else having trouble with the right loop diverter being slow? It seems that the diverter is normally down, and lifts as the ball is detected when you make the shot while IN THE PAINT is lit. But it lifts slowly and sometimes sends the ball to the bumpers instead of letting it through.

I've taken the assembly apart, cleaned everything, and filed the sharp edges I found on the diverter. It seems to move fine both manually and in coil test, but it's not 100% reliable while playing. Short of putting in a stronger coil, which feels like a hack, is there anything else I could try to do to make it better?

1 month later
#107 8 years ago

Trying out toppers for my NBA..can't decide if it's too much or just right image.jpegimage.jpeg

6 months later
#108 7 years ago

Does anyone make a plastic protector set for this machine?

1 month later
#109 7 years ago

Officially joined the NBAFB club today! Woohoo! Anyone got a link to a rule sheet?

3 weeks later
#110 7 years ago

Joined the club last week and loving the game - for the most part it seems to be playing just fine, but I've got a couple of tech questions:

1. I'm not sure if my magnet is working - it doesn't ever appear to be grabbing the ball during the game. I've tried to run it in test and it doesn't seem to be doing anything there either. Any suggestions for how to verify, or what it should be doing?
2. Similar question about the basket opto - it seems to be registering and scoring shots just fine, but doesn't look like it works in test?
3. While the left ramp diverter is up, there is a fairly loud continuous hum from the coil. Is this common, or should I be concerned?
4. There's a couple of connectors under the playfield that aren't connected to anything (see photo) - what are they for?

Thanks for any and all advice. As I said, the game is still totally playable, so none of this seems critical, but I'd feel better if I knew exactly how it's supposed to be working!

20160708_231738166_iOS_(resized).jpg20160708_231738166_iOS_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#111 7 years ago

I generated this awhile back, needs a little work and I would welcome comments and corrections.

Robert

Guide_to_NBA_FASTBREAK_Rev_4.pdfGuide_to_NBA_FASTBREAK_Rev_4.pdf

#112 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Trying out toppers for my NBA.

This is what I have.

Robert

#113 7 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I generated this awhile back, needs a little work and I would welcome comments and corrections.
Robert

Thanks for sharing, Robert! This is a great write-up of the rules and strategies of NBAFB.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Thanks for sharing, Robert! This is a great write-up of the rules and strategies of NBAFB

I suggest that people take a look at these rules and let me know if there are any additions or corrections that need to be made.

Robert

#115 7 years ago

What are these selling for in the Midwest?
Nice shopped game,new rubbers,high end Comet LEDs everywhere,new balls,superbands,Nvram installed,no credit for,no play field wear whatsoever,cleaned and waxed,new legs,very nice cabinet with no fade.

20160714_182218_(resized).jpg20160714_182218_(resized).jpg

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

What are these selling for in the Midwest?
Nice shopped game,new rubbers,high end Comet LEDs everywhere,new balls,superbands,Nvram installed,no credit for,no play field wear whatsoever,cleaned and waxed,new legs,very nice cabinet with no fade.

If the ramps are uncracked and the basket is uncracked, you can probably get 2k plus. Sounds like yours is in exceptional shape compared to most if description is accurate.

Average condition machines up here typically go for 1700-2000 fully shopped and working.

4 months later
#117 7 years ago

I have an original manual for sale. $20 shipped in the continental U.S.

manual (resized).jpgmanual (resized).jpg

7 months later
#118 6 years ago

Does any know where this plastics goes?

20170801_071251 (resized).jpg20170801_071251 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#119 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have seen these instruction/game cards floating around on some NBAFBs. Anyone know where I can purchase these? If they don't exist for purchase any longer, is anyone able to get me a high resolution color scan of it? Much appreciated!

NBAFB_Instructions (resized).jpgNBAFB_Instructions (resized).jpg

#122 6 years ago

@pcprogrammer

1995-1996 Chicago Bulls NBA Championship Ring

20170830_213144 (resized).jpg20170830_213144 (resized).jpg

20170830_213157 (resized).jpg20170830_213157 (resized).jpg

#123 6 years ago

Could someone please tell me what type of screw goes on that metal bracket that holds the blue bumper on the left side where big bobs is? Specifically I'm trying to determine what type head the screw is.

Thanks!

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Could someone please tell me what type of screw goes on that metal bracket that holds the blue bumper on the left side where big bobs is? Specifically I'm trying to determine what type head the screw is.
Thanks!

I would also like to know what holds the blue rubber? About to buy an NBAFB...

#125 6 years ago

Heck if someone could even upload a pic of how that metal bracket attaches I would appreciate it. I think the one I got from Marco is too tall.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Thanks!

Quoted from KornFreak28:

would also like to know what holds the blue rubber

I think I got my part from Pinbits. If I remember correctly there are 2 of these, and they are mirror images. So, you have to look at the stainless part and figure out which one you need.

Pinbits listing: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_7&products_id=170&zenid=3f4fdef08364844a3432829624dd461a

But, it seems to me that they had the NBAFB part listed incorrectly, and I needed the other one. Maybe it's been fixed now. I bought mine 3 years ago from Pinbits.

In any case, what I remember is that when I looked for the part:

1. It was hard to find
2. Some websites had the incorrect part listed (the mirror image part)
3. I had to buy the wrong part to figure out what the correct part was.
4. I drove to Pinbits and picked up the part so I could see that it was what I needed.

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I think I got my part from Pinbits. If I remember correctly there are 2 of these, and they are mirror images. So, you have to look at the stainless part and figure out which one you need.
Pinbits listing: http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_7&products_id=170&zenid=3f4fdef08364844a3432829624dd461a
But, it seems to me that they had the NBAFB part listed incorrectly, and I needed the other one. Maybe it's been fixed now. I bought mine 3 years ago from Pinbits.
In any case, what I remember is that when I looked for the part:
1. It was hard to find
2. Some websites had the incorrect part listed (the mirror image part)
3. I had to buy the wrong part to figure out what the correct part was.
4. I drove to Pinbits and picked up the part so I could see that it was what I needed.

Wow! This is what scares me about buying NBA to be honest with you. Nobody makes parts for it. Could you please post a pic when you have a chance? Thanks

#128 6 years ago

The bracket I got from Marco was too tall. On the site it's listed for NBAFB but it doesn't fit.

#129 6 years ago

I'm confused about this bracket thing. Doesn't the blue rubber fit into the rail looking rectangle?

#130 6 years ago

Is this the bracket gentlemen?

IMG_2335 (resized).PNGIMG_2335 (resized).PNG

#131 6 years ago

That's the one.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

That's the one.

So I guess a screw of some sort hold the blue rubber?

#133 6 years ago

I also wrote a few things about this bracket in post #86 above.

Robert

IMG_20170909_090928690 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_090928690 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170909_090955774 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_090955774 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170909_090941380 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_090941380 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170909_091026523 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_091026523 (resized).jpg

#134 6 years ago

Thanks Robert! It appears pinbits is sold out

The hunt begins I guess....

#135 6 years ago

When an NBAFB has a topper, do people usually remove it to ship via STI?

#136 6 years ago

I've never shipped a game, but one of my NBAs had the 3 separate toppers all around the backbox (top and sides).
So if you're talking about those 3 pieces, I'd have them removed and see if it might be possible to have them seriously secured somewhere with the game. I can see them getting wrecked/broken very easy. Just particle wood (I think). Easy to screw on/off.

#137 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

I've never shipped a game, but one of my NBAs had the 3 separate toppers all around the backbox (top and sides).
So if you're talking about those 3 pieces, I'd have them removed and see if it might be possible to have them seriously secured somewhere with the game. I can see them getting wrecked/broken very easy. Just particle wood (I think). Easy to screw on/off.

Sound advise, Thanks!

#138 6 years ago

The bottom 2 pictures is how the part fits my game.

The part on the top is from the Pinbits website and the lower part is from the Marco web site. The pictures show them as identical.

Compare those pics to the picture of the part in the game.

If you install the part, note that the bolt hole is up and toward the end of the long ball guide and the width is longer than the height. At least that is how I had to install it to get it to work.

The Marco part would be down and toward the end or up and away from the end long ball guide, as it looks like it's wider than high.

Now the bracket I got may be weird and theirs may fit if it goes in exactly like is shown in the Pinbits picture...that is the height and width are about the same.

Quoted from DocRotCod:

Heck if someone could even upload a pic of how that metal bracket attaches I would appreciate it. I think the one I got from Marco is too tall.

I think if you cut the bottom (the right side in the Marco picture) off a bit, it will fit and work.

Hope you guys can understand this rambling post.

Robert

WPC PN 04-10253 (resized).jpgWPC PN 04-10253 (resized).jpg
Guard - ball guide Marco (resized).jpgGuard - ball guide Marco (resized).jpg
IMG_20170909_090955774 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_090955774 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170909_091026523 (resized).jpgIMG_20170909_091026523 (resized).jpg

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The part on the top is from the Pinbits website and the lower part is from the Marco web site. The pictures show them as identical.
If you install the part, note that the bolt hole is up and toward the end of the long ball guide and the width is longer than the height. At least that is how I had to install it to get it to work.
The Marco part would be down and toward the end or up and away from the end long ball guide, as it looks like it's wider than high.
Now the bracket I got may be weird and theirs may fit if it goes in exactly like is shown in the Pinbits picture...that is the height and width are about the same.

I think if you cut the bottom (the right side in the Marco picture) off a bit, it will fit and work.
Robert

Very helpful info! Thanks!!!

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Robert

Yeah. I appreciate the info. It would definitely require a cut. The way it is now I tried forcing it under the lip and it won't budge. Plus if it would, it would gouge the playfield over time.

Don't know how I could get a clean cut. With a dremel it's so fast I don't think it would look good.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Don't know how I could get a clean cut. With a dremel it's so fast I don't think it would look good.

Cut it with a Dremel and then file or grind it flat/square.

Robert

#142 6 years ago

It's funny, this piece just fell off my friend's NBAFB. I guess the screw got loose. I found the screw in the cabinet and put it back together.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

So I guess a screw of some sort hold the blue rubber?

The screw is an Allen key type (1/16 inch wrench) with a button head. I didn't measure the threads.

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from JohnS:

It's funny, this piece just fell off my friend's NBAFB. I guess the screw got loose. I found the screw in the cabinet and put it back together.

The screw is an Allen key type (1/16 inch wrench) with a button head. I didn't measure the threads.

Thanks!

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

When an NBAFB has a topper, do people usually remove it to ship via STI?

Yes. When mine was shipped to me, the 3 pieces to the topper/border were unscrewed, wrapped in bubble wrap, and placed inside the machine.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Yes. When mine was shipped to me, the 3 pieces to the topper/border were unscrewed, wrapped in bubble wrap, and placed inside the machine.

Oh wow! All this time, I thought the big section was too big to fit inside the cab. Great tip! Thanks!

2 weeks later
#146 6 years ago

Finally in the club! Fast and Fun machine! Question: I scored a 147 playing with the Celtics and didn't get to enter my initials. Then I found out each team has a score next to it. I assume you have to beat that score? Anyway, I picked the Lakers (72) and got 98 points but again, didn't get to enter my initials. Can someone tell me how this works? Thanks!

IMG_2585 (resized).JPGIMG_2585 (resized).JPG

IMG_2591 (resized).JPGIMG_2591 (resized).JPG

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Finally in the club! Fast and Fun machine! Question: I scored a 147 playing with the Celtics and didn't get to enter my initials. Then I found out each team has a score next to it. I assume you have to beat that score? Anyway, I picked the Lakers (72) and got 98 points but again, didn't get to enter my initials. Can someone tell me how this works? Thanks!

They must have champion rings next to them, You must first get the champion ring or rings then the high score to enter initials. Pick one with no rings next to it .

#148 6 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

They must have champion rings next to them, You must first get the champion ring or rings then the high score to enter initials. Pick one with no rings next to it .

Interesting! Thanks!

#149 6 years ago

for never, ever! lose again on scoreboard trivia:

What is Hakeem Olyjuwon's native country? - Nigeria
What is Detlef Schremph's native country? - Germany
Who was the NBA's rebounding leader in 1994-95? - Dennis Rodman
Who was the NBA's 6th man for the 1994-95 Season? - Anthony Mason
What city is home the the Hornets? - Charlotte
What is Vlade Divac's native country? - Yugoslavia
Which NBA player also won a Heisman Trophy? - Charlie Ward
Which team won a record 8 straight NBA titles? - Boston Celtics
What player's nickname is "The Mailman?" - Karl Malone
What is Luc Longley's native country? - Australia
What is Anfernee (Penny) Hardaway's uniform #? - 1
Who is known as *The Worm?* - Dennis Rodman
How many titles have the Celtics won? - 16
What is Scottie Pippen's uniform #? - 33
Who is the NBA career leader in assists? - John Stockton
How many points for answering the question correctly? - 10
Which NBA player was playing high school ball during the 1994-95 season? - Kevin Garnett - T'Wolves
Which team scored the most points during the 1994-95 season? - Orlando Magic, 9091 points.
Which team drafted Damon Stoudamire? -Toronto Raptors

#150 6 years ago

So there are 19 questions total?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
There are 257 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nbafb-owners-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.