Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Darkwing
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So I just recently picked up a NBA Fastbreak... Worked great when I played it at a bro's house. As soon as I got it home, the flippers wouldn't flip and the coin door buttons (volume, menu) wouldn't work either. Seeing that I just moved it, I'm guessing something shook loose. But damn if I can find what...

Just pissed and want this thing fixed and gone at this point. First pin I have ever been unable to play when I got it home. Very frustrating. Of course I've had pins break, but never unplayable upon getting it home.

#2 7 years ago

Forgot to add, I can select a team, but the flippers will never move.

#3 7 years ago

I'd go through it and reconnect every connector. Your flipper buttons work, the coils aren't firing the flippers. Coin door interlock maybe?

#4 7 years ago

Was this the one listed on here in Phoenix for $2250?

#5 7 years ago

Sounds like 12volts is missing on the driver board. Any of the LEDs not lit on the driver board with the game on and coin door closed? If so, you may have a blown fuse.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I'd go through it and reconnect every connector. Your flipper buttons work, the coils aren't firing the flippers. Coin door interlock maybe?

Good idea... The ball does launch, though, which would mean the interlock is closed as needed in order to provide that high power, right? I reseated every single connector I could find in the machine to no benefit

Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Was this the one listed on here in Phoenix for $2250?

That it was. It's for sale again, and hey, surprise surprise, at a lower price now LOL... Seriously, this is such a turn off on a game, I won't want to keep this once it's fixed. Worst pin purchase ever.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Sounds like 12volts is missing on the driver board. Any of the LEDs not lit on the driver board with the game on and coin door closed? If so, you may have a blown fuse.

Thanks for pointing me in that direction. I downloaded the manual/schematics and verified that all the led's on the cpu/driver/av board are on/blinking/off as they should be, per the manual. I called the local pinball tech business for some backup, and they're about 3 weeks out at this point, so unless someone wants to buy/trade as is, it's likely to sit off until I can get some backup on it I'm a computer security guy, but that's all logical, not physical. I know just enough electronics theory to get my ham radio general license, past that I'm lost

#7 7 years ago

Oh, and no fuses in the backbox appear out

#8 7 years ago

Pinball machines likely aren't your thing if you get this upset about one being broken. Relax, ask questions, learn about the hobby and enjoy it. Being able to fix them is part of this hobby.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Pinball machines likely aren't your thing if you get this upset about one being broken. Relax, ask questions, learn about the hobby and enjoy it. Being able to fix them is part of this hobby.

You're totally right bro, I'm sure I'm aggro at more than the machine right now; looking like reorg/layoffs incoming at work. Sorry for the venting Time for me to take a break and relax.

3 weeks later
#10 7 years ago

FYI, reseated a chip on the CPU board and its 100% now. Win!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nbafb-no-flip-or-coin-door-buttons and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.