(Topic ID: 216961)

NBA playoffs thread.....................

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671EC58A-6D30-4BFD-89D7-FBB3D507668F (resized).jpeg
    congrats (resized).jpg
    RAPS (resized).jpg
    lol3 (resized).jpg
    lol5 (resized).jpg
    lol4 (resized).jpg
    lol6 (resized).jpg
    lol2 (resized).jpg
    lol (resized).jpg
    09B5492E-2618-467A-994C-9B83E6408BBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0326 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0327 (resized).jpg
    798F9663-CA06-4D09-9915-8D81468A927E (resized).jpeg
    476F23C3-FB96-4876-898A-7DC2EF57142A (resized).jpeg
    3931EF73-62DD-43E9-AC6D-CA71115E1940 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5809 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider japespin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

I would love nothing more than to see Lebron take another Finals L at the hands of the Warriors this season, should both teams make it. It’ll be the last time we get to see it happen. Starting next year, Philly and Boston will own the East.

2 weeks later
    #55 5 years ago

KD has been frustrating these last couple series. The effort on defense just isn’t there. Slow to pick up his man, confused on switches, not boxing out in the paint (see the JR smith rebound). And the other end, the iso KD ball continues. He looks like he’s not into it out there. Need him to lock in.

#58 5 years ago

Truth. If Bogut wasn’t so injury prone, that version of this squad:

A) Wouldn’t have lost that game 7 first round matchup vs. the Clippers in 2014.
    B) Would have won the championship in 2016.

Draymond has been a bit more turnover prone this year, but I still love his grit and fight. Steph and Klay... still can’t believe we drafted BOTH of them. Two of the greatest shooters of all time.

Quoted from jorge5240:

I am a KD fan but man he just has not been good lately. He is looking soft.
    the mental and physical toughness of those teams with Bogut was fun to watch. Those teams wanted to win more than anything and they wound just grind out wins.
    This latest version, I really sometimes where the motivation is? Still love me some Steph, Drey and Klay. All homegrown and ballers!

#63 5 years ago

Bron is too good not to get one game at home. Plus I want the Dubs to close out at home. I was at Oracle for the game 7 heartbreak two years ago, was there for the game 5 revenge close out last year, and would love nothing more than to be there to witness the close out for this 4-year Cavs/Dubs run.

#65 5 years ago

iceman44 That is awesome! Who is your Dad, if you don’t mind me asking? And yes, that’s a helluva sacrifice you made for your kids last night! LOL

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Lebron was right on when he said this:
    “We gotta get smarter players”
    Throw in character guys too
    Quit whining and making excuses about your hand!

It’s a hand he dealt to himself. That’s what makes his whining so annoying.

You hand-picked that coach. You forced the organization to give contracts to sub-par players like JR Smith and Tristan Thompson. You pushed Kyrie away. You reap what you sow.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Yeah, Lebron has a character issue. That's why the Lakers, 76's, Rockets and 27 other teams would love to have him on their team.

You're obviously missing my point.

So you're telling me Kyrie wanting to leave had absolutely NOTHING to do with Lebron. And Tristian Thompson getting an $82 million contract has absolutely NOTHING to do with Lebron. And JR Smith getting a $58 million contract has absolutely NOTHING to do with Lebron. (Both under his sports management agency.) And Tyronne Lue being the head coach has absolutely NOTHING to do with Lebron. "horse manure".

But hey, if you want to completely absolve him of this Cleveland Finals showing, that's your prerogative.

Meanwhile, I for one can't wait for the parade in the Bay.

34909168_10156150095680552_3574390251814125568_n (resized).jpg34909168_10156150095680552_3574390251814125568_n (resized).jpg
    #100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Bask in the Warriors win instead of bloviating about Lebron. Let it go.

Basking continues this week at the parade. In the meantime, I will continue to bloviate about Lebron as I please.

3 weeks later
    #105 5 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Cousin's going to Warriors...I did not see that coming. It makes sense for him as it is only a one year deal. He can heal and show what he can do so he can get the big bucks next year.
    For the Warriors, this can implode. For him to get big dollars next year, he will need to show he can carry a team. This team shares the ball. If he does excessive ISO ball stuff, or does not get his touches, then this can go sideways. There is only 1 ball. The reason the Warriors work is everybody knows their roles. He's playing more for next year's contract.
    On paper it is crazy. Warriors are as good, if not better than an Eastern All Star team. (Now that Lebron is a Laker)
    Irving at PG
    Oladipo at Off Guard
    Antetokounmpo at SF
    Prozinges at PF
    Embid at C
    (You can sub Lowery, Wall or other players to still make a point)
    versus -
    Curry
    Thompson
    Durant
    Green
    Cousins

Nah, won't implode. Boogie is most likely a one year rental. Worst case, if it doesn't work, they used up their 5.4 mil mid-level exception and still have 4 all-stars in their starting line-up. But if it works? Look out.

Before this move, the only bigs left on the team were Bell and Jones, leaving the Warriors extremely thin for change-of-pace situations that require them to go big. They'll still run the Hamptons 5 to close out games, but they needed this for certain situations. At the very least, this is a low-risk gamble that addresses their lack of depth at the 4/5.

It's a one-year win-win scenario, if you ask me.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

The NBA is straight trash now.....any and all competition is gone. I would image the revue across the league will be down along with tv ratings. Plus other markets will suffer with lower ticket sales.......small market teams counted on big names to draw crowds.....with all the allstars on 4 to 5 teams at most and some of them only visiting once per year the shared revue win take a big hit.....next will be restructuring the playoff to the top 16....no more east/west.......the NBA has big problems on the horizon.

OK sure... except TV ratings, attendance, and merchandise sales are at an all time high, so that debunks anything you just said.

The NBA has always been about dynasties. No different than the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, early 2000s.

Y’all act like you ain’t going to watch next season, but you will... hoping, praying someone dethrones the Warriors.

The leagues knows exactly what it’s doing. Is it October yet?

10 months later
    #158 4 years ago

Die hard Warriors fan here. Season tickets for 10+ seasons now (although this is my final season).

Much props to all you die hard Raptor fans. Y'all deserve this Finals appearance. I think this is going to be a lot more difficult of a series for my Dubs than most people think. Certainly more difficult than any of the Cavs teams we've had to face the last 4 years in the Finals. Can't wait for tomorrow night...

2 weeks later
    #281 4 years ago

Raptor fan base looking like trash right now. Multiple videos of them jumping Dubs fans in the streets in Toronto, cursing out Steph's mom, screaming "F*ck KD! F*ck KD! F*ck KD!" at a bar when the injury went down, posting videos of themselves on Twitter celebrating the injury, cheering loudly at Jurassic Park, one fan even waving bye bye at KD while he was down on the floor grabbing his calf... I get the saying that "there's a bad apple" in every group, but this is excessive. Way too many examples of trash behavior coming to light in the last couple of days. Truly unfortunate, as everyone I know from Toronto is good people.

Meanwhile, 47 of the 50 states in the good ol US of A is rooting against us, and enjoying it as well. I've never experienced this kind of mob mentality against my team. It's crazy.

There's a saying that started in the Warriors locker room back in 2012, before the championships. One the team used as a rallying cry when no one believed they could even make it out of the first round. That saying rings even louder today than it did back then.

#JUSTUS

Can't wait for tomorrow. Underdogs, understandably. All of North America rooting against us. Just us.

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I am going to defend Toronto here.
    First I think there is trash in every fab base.
    Second when Durant got hurt, even as a Warrior fan I thought he reagravated the calf and he would be done for the series but would heal up and be fine. I had no idea he tore his Achilles at that point. So I didn’t mind the cheer by the fan base. I cheer when people foul out and will be honest if Leonard cramps up in the fourth quarter I won’t be shedding any tears. I guess it goes down to severity.

Not shedding tears after an opponent's injury is one thing. Flat our cheering for it is another.

Go back and watch the Kyrie injury at Oracle in 2015. Or the Kawahi injury in 2017. See how the crowd reacts to either of those moments. Not one cheer. Nada.

Regardless, what I'm talking about is beyond what was shown on broadcast TV. A simple search on Twitter or FB reveals it all.

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

but without KD and now Looney

There's been no official report that Looney is out. He'll most likely play, albeit with pain.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-finals-2019-warriors-kevon-looney-should-be-able-to-play-in-game-6-vs-raptors/14xapre38nfdl1qwdlhhmjfxgz

But regardless, yes. Injuries have made the Warriors +2.5 dogs in Vegas. It's what makes this game 6 that much more intriguing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider japespin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-playoffs-thread?tu=japespin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.