(Topic ID: 216961)

NBA playoffs thread.....................

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671EC58A-6D30-4BFD-89D7-FBB3D507668F (resized).jpeg
    congrats (resized).jpg
    RAPS (resized).jpg
    lol3 (resized).jpg
    lol5 (resized).jpg
    lol4 (resized).jpg
    lol6 (resized).jpg
    lol2 (resized).jpg
    lol (resized).jpg
    09B5492E-2618-467A-994C-9B83E6408BBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0326 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0327 (resized).jpg
    798F9663-CA06-4D09-9915-8D81468A927E (resized).jpeg
    476F23C3-FB96-4876-898A-7DC2EF57142A (resized).jpeg
    3931EF73-62DD-43E9-AC6D-CA71115E1940 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5809 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm hoping LeBron gets past the Celtics so we can watch him get destroyed by Golden State.

Anybody watching this game tonight? What an offensive show by Harden and Durant.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

No need to wait, just watch him get destroyed by the Celtics now If only we had Irving and Hayward we could give the warriors a run.

Should get that chance next year. Give the Warriors a run with Kyrie and Hayward.

They might get past Cleveland, LeBron could be worn out carrying the rest of that team.

GS is just too good.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

Looks like LeBron's back is finally breaking under the weight of every other player in the team...

Yeah he's beat. Physically and mentally.

LeBron is packing his bags from Cleveland as we speak.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

and Sixers are probably prepping trade offers now the draft has passed..

He's got a tough road ahead at age 34 next year. The West is loaded and Boston is getting back Irving and Hayward.

Philly seems to be the best option along with them getting Kawhi Leonard somehow.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

He's getting destroyed by Boston. I really thought that LeBron could beat them considering how they handled the Celts last year. They looked really old tonight. They traded for Nance, Clarkson, and Hood for athleticism and energy, yet they are lucky to get 10 minutes of playing time. I realize they play iso ball a lot, but at least when they had Kryie last year, it was another player who could break down a defense.
    Boston's defense will keep them in a series with either Houston or Golden State. Can't believe that this is the same team that almost lost to Milwaukee.

Boston has zero chance against GS. No defense can stop them. They will get destroyed and then it will set up the 2019 matchup!

LeBron is done. Jordan is the best ever.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Ainge would love to pick up that phone considering how the trade with Coangelo went down last year. If they would have stood pat and took Tatum, the 76ers would be in the finals.

Instead they got Fultz, a total disaster. 76ers have a LONG ways to go. They should hire Chip Engelland from the Spurs to develop a jump shot for Simmons.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Not just saying this- I LOVED the way your dad coached. Big Fan.

Thx Jim! Stay tuned during the NBA finals around the first of June. Proud of the old man. Kerr with the "passing game" and D'Antoni, ex Nuggs coach who gets the fast break concept!

Houston needs to run it down GS's throat, forget the "ISO". Running teams hate to be run on!

1 week later
    #23 5 years ago

Well here we go tomorrow night!

The good news is that we get to see either team beat the crap out of Lebron and Cleveland.

If Chris Paul is slowed down it might be too tough.

I'll either be in Oakland or Houston for Game 1.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Hard to believe LeBron could drag this team to the Finals even in the East. No Love? No problem. You swap LeBron for either Harden or KD and the Cavs might make it to the first round at best. Meanwhile Houston or Golden State would go fo, fo, fo, fo with LeBron. I can't stand the guy most of the time off the court, but I think there is no denying at this point that LeBron is the greatest player of all time.

I agree with you. Celtics and the East are WEAK.

I still give Jordan greatest player of all time title. Lebron is a freak of nature beast. Both are two of the basketball smartest players ever as well.

6 titles to 3. 10 time scoring champ. Much better defender, etc.

I grew up with Jordan and saw him up close and personal, he was more talented all around, Lebron is just a beast.

Lebron could play tight end in the NFL right now and blow Gronkowski out of the water!

#27 5 years ago

Which team today is going to beat the Celtics, Pistons, Bulls and Lakers of old? Maybe the Warriors

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

At some point when he's gonna the haters will realize how special he truly is on and off the court with all his charity work. I've been lucky enough to be a season ticket holder for the cavs for 14 years, and just when I think I've seen it all he continues to surprise. This year is the ultimate mismanage from day 1 of the season and yet here he is again in the finals. No other player in this league or from the pass could over come all the hurdles placed in front of them to get there.

He's definitely special. And he's gone from Cleveland after they lose in the finals.

#30 5 years ago

Different era. The rest of those guys on that team all had more than Lebron. And Bill Russell ain't no chump either!

The guy is great. But he's had a cakewalk every single year to the finals.

If he can win this year with that crew against the West then he gets elevated. But he won't.

Btw, Tim Duncan won 5 championships and is arguably a better all around player than Lebron.

Kareem has 6, Magic has 4. I'll put Julius Erving up there too.

#34 5 years ago

Players today are soft by comparison, and it’s not even close

Hand checking and forearms in the back are a foul today. You can’t even breathe on guys today

If you are old enough you remember the Pistons of the late 80’s

A different era for sure today

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Team play is out the door now.

Discussed this with my dad at lunch today who coached with the Spurs, Nuggets and Sixers and played many years prior.

How you let guys come down and jack up 3 after 3, taking bad shot after bad shot is F ing amazing!!!

Celtics did it too down the stretch of their game. Total brickfest and lack of team play.

Golden State let Houston hang around by getting into that ridiculous ISO Bs with KD too much.

Move the F ing ball and make the defense work and get good shots, not that hard! Better team wins.

Btw, Lebron should only have 2 titles. They won a miracle game in San Antonio the year before they got blown out.

And even though i played and went to Texas i am not a fan of KD, respect the greatness though!

Lebron doesn't deserve shit for "getting there". He should by himself. The EAST absolutely BLOWS. That's why he will lose again in the finals.

#42 5 years ago

Honestly, watching the NBA is tough these days. The traveling, carrying, selfish play, etc.

I switched back and forth to see the Vegas Golden Knights get game one in hockey last night!

#64 5 years ago

Gotta say proud of my dad.

He got presented the Chuck Daly NBA Lifetime Achievement award last night

You young guys wouldn’t remember but still pretty cool

I let my kids go out their with my parents to the game instead of wife and I. I should get father of the year right?

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I presume it is Doug Moe?
    Well heck yes, I remember Coach Moe from back in the day. He was awesome! He changed things quite a bit back in the day, and would fit right in with the NBA of today. Those Nuggets teams of the 80s were great. Of course LA and Boston took all the championship limelights, but still, the Nuggets were a major force. Doug Moe brought in that crazy (at the time) run and gun offense, and they had great players like Alex English, Kiki Vandeweghe, and David Thompson. Plus Dan Issel at center, he was great. Those were great times to be an NBA fan.

Thanks for the thumbs up guys. Yeah those were great times and basketball back then. Freaking Lakers and Boston both would have beaten the current day Warriors imo.

Different game today. We were at lunch today and Larry Brown called and expressed his disgust in the way the game is played today as well.

Poor guy is a basketball junkie, bored out of his mind and can't get a job now because of the bridges burned. College or pro.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

You had hand checking which allowed tougher D on the perimeter.

The biggest difference imo. That's why Jordan is the greatest player ever and while Lebron is great he's no Jordan

What a pathetic showing by the Cavs last night. Not that they could have done anything about it, they took their ass whipping but at least show some heart and fight going down.

As for the 80's, the Pistons and any Hubie Brown coached team weren't fun to watch. The Pistons were just that good and tried to beat teams up. Thomas, Dumars, Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman for starters.

If you score 130 pts a game and give up 120 you are a great defensive team as well. If you score 82 points a game and give up 88 on average you are a crap defensive team. Hubie Brown.

The way the Lakers and the Celtics played, the right way. My Nuggets running and the passing game.

The game today is garbage with the exception of teams like Golden State and the Spurs the way they play. I'll take the Pelicans and Gentry too.

The college game is fantastic today, for the most part. Especially watching the one and done Dookies and Kentucky lose every year now!

Of course watching Carolina, that's how you play the game.

My prediction for the July sweepstakes: Lebron and Kawhi to the Lakers!

#90 5 years ago

Lebron was right on when he said this:

“We gotta get smarter players”

Throw in character guys too

Quit whining and making excuses about your hand!

3 weeks later
    #110 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

don’t forget that the Spurs beat him twice and so did Dallas once.

Should have been 3 times, Miami had that miracle win in SA in 2013. Spurs came back to whip their ass in 2014.

Poor LeBron, I wonder what he thought when he heard the Boogie man signed with GS!

Lakers should stand pat this year and wait for Kawhi without giving up anybody.

I think its bye bye to Lonzo and dopey Levar!

1 week later
    #122 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Really? No Boston or Philly in the east or OKC in the West? Rockets are done. Window closed.
    Go Dubs. Keep it going.

Should be Boston in East with Irving and Heyward coming back and the coaching advantage.

If the Rockets sign Carmelo I agree, they are done! He's a team killer and will never change.

Nuggets are a darkhorse here too if Porter can overcome his injury.

GS is beatable, their defense and toughness outside of Green is weak. It's gonna take a team like Houston that can score and defend to beat them.

I agree, for the most part, the regular season NBA is unwatchable

10 months later
    #135 4 years ago

Looks like another Warriors championship. They are just now starting to hit their stride with Curry heating up and Green in playoff beast mode.

Bucks are deep and physical though.

2 weeks later
    #223 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Yes, Nurse has coached better, but it really doesn't matter as the Raptors are the better team right now so no game plan that Kerr could dream up would have changed the series.
    The only misstep that Kerr has done is given extended minutes to Cousins. Kerr's coaching adjustments is not why the Warriors are losing. Nurse is doing an awesome job, but it really boils down to the Raptors are just whipping butt.
    Crazy thing is, the 2 best players on the 2 teams fighting for a championship most likely will not be on those teams next year.

Right on Jim!

And its really Kawhi Leonard on full display and how great he really is. All the little things he does to help you win along with the obvious.

The only one they used to say that could stop and defend Jordan was Dean Smith

Popovich lost Leonard and what should have been another couple of championships, BEFORE Leonard left and maybe after, because of his hard headed behavior and "system".

Let's see what Nick Nurse can do next year without Leonard.

You see what the Warriors are now without Durant. Still no excuse for them. They won without him before.

Boogie Cousins is a talented dummy.

So forgive me if i don't shed a tear for a GS team without Kevin Durant. Compete like the rest of the league has to

Btw, it doesn't look good but if GS can get this next game they can win at home and force a game 7.

Toronto is capable of blowing it.

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

Are you sure Leonard will leave? Even if Raptors win?
    It certainly has been fun to watch the play offs this year.
    Would KD have left OKC if they had won a championship?

What's up Blade! I think Leonard already has his ticket punched for the Clippers, win or lose.

He's a weird dude in a lot of ways. And i think he wants to go back home, build with Doc Rivers and take on Lebron in LA.

Would a normal guy leave after a championship? I wouldn't, but Kawhi isn't "normal"

Nobody ever thought he'd leave the Spurs after winning championships.

The Raptors are built for this year, and match up well with GS because of their length and defense.

They BARELY got by the 76ers who will be the better team next year. Embiid toughens up and Simmons gets better.

And the Bucks, who will also be better next year with a healthy Brogdon.

So yeah, he's GONE!

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Kind of on a side note, has the balance of power shifted to the east? For many years, stars wanted to get to the east because the road to the finals was easier. Looks like the path is easier in the west, especially if KD does leave and goes east.
    Who do you have Rockets, Warriors, Nuggets???

My Nuggets are gonna be team to best in West next yr. GS, Rockets and then a bunch of young up and coming teams

Lakers are a joke right now but if they can add A Davis in a yr. Clippers with Kawhi and that young group

Sac and Dallas gonna be better too. Portland?

Spurs are stuck in mediocrity now with Aldridge and Derozen

Boston is a disaster right now

Bucks should be better but Budenholzer is not the answer. Terrible job against Toronto

#235 4 years ago

The end of an era for Oracle arena formerly known as Oakland Alameda built in 1966.

I went to many games there as a little kid. And became a fan of the heyday Oakland A's too. The first Championship in that arena was won by the Oaks, Rick Barry, Larry Brown and my dad.

IMG_0326 (resized).jpgIMG_0326 (resized).jpgIMG_0327 (resized).jpgIMG_0327 (resized).jpg
    #259 4 years ago

GS hung on somehow. Despite being down 6 and a backcourt violation by Green and dumb ass moving screen by Boogie!

Somebody gotta get open on that last shot when Leonard gets doubled like that.

Not sure GS will have enough left in the tank to win 2 more.

Siakam and Danny Green stunk it up. 0-8 combined from 3

#270 4 years ago

Nurse made a HORRIBLE mistake that cost them the game

Up 6 with 3 min to go. GS was gassed and done after Leonard hit that 3

He calls timeout to “give his team a blow and not waste the TO before 3 min mark”

DUMB!

That gave GS a chance to regroup and they did.

If your team was “tired”. Wtf do you think GS was ?

Which Toronto team will show up? Leonard needs to take over sooner than he did last night

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Leonard was beyond gassed. They needed the timeout. He was still gassed on the final play, no other way to explain the lack of urgency to get to the basket.

No way Koz

Leonard was resting offensively MIA for much of the 3rd qtr

He took over the last 5 min offensively and defensively to take the lead

Curry had just jacked up a couple of missed 3’s and they looked defeated. NEVER let your foot off their throats when you have em!!! See it all the time in football too. Teams go into a “prevent” to try and just protect the lead

The last play was a terrible call by Nurse too

Kawhi had nowhere to go out of the double team right way with the other 4 guys standing around the perimeter. Way too easy to defend

Lowry get the ball to Leonard off a screen closer to the basket, 3 pt line with other guys moving too

Just a shitty setup. He wasn’t going to get a lucky Philly shot again that bounced around the rim 3 times

#274 4 years ago

Even still, it will take a miracle for GS to win 2 more

Curry and Thompson have to continue to both play out of their minds and Toronto has to quit and that ain’t gonna happen

Kawhi will dominate enough, Lowry, Siakam, Green, Ibaka and Gasol will do enough to get one more win

Too good defensively and on boards for GS

#276 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Winning down 3-1 has happened 3 times since 2015 so I wouldn't exactly call it a miracle. I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Just based on what I’m watching

And GS needs that mental midget Boogie to play like he did in the 2nd half for 2 games

Not happening

Vegas is giving out free money. Raptors +4 down to +3

It’s OVER

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wondering what the over/under is on Boogie goaltending calls?

I’ll take the over on Boogie stupid plays that cost his team the game

Like an obvious moving screen that set up that final chance for Tor

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Warriors need to come out strong at home and sustain it. For some reason, they focus and play better on the road. Get to game 7 and anything can happen. For me they are playing with house money now. They have played hard, and competed even though the whole team is basically compromised.
    Problem I have is the Warriors scored 34 points in that first quarter with KD. The offense basically struggled once again the rest of the game without him and he won't be walking through that door again.

I know you love GS but that’s why they won’t win tonight

Combine that with Boogie going nuts in 2nd half and needing Steph and Klay to each score 35 and shoot lights out?

Toronto is up by 10 at half and hold on for the win

Defense, rebounding, attacking the rim versus jump shooters

GS has the experience but without KD and now Looney, it’s gonna be tough, if they win I’ll be hugely impressed

Winning the last game with backs against the wall and Toronto 3-1 inexperience complacency was one thing

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

In Vegas now, and I agree it is too much for Warriors to take it without KD. Too many things have to go Warriors way.
    On the commentary on TV about saying it was a mistake that Durant played, that is stupid.
    Look at the scenarios from worst to best outcomes.
    1. Worst outcome: what went down. Torn Achilles. His future: 1 year rehab. Max contract on a Knicks team that will NEVER sniff a championship. His last chance was to ever play a championship game. People saying Derrick Rose don't know the differences between the 2 players. Rose slashed, drove, created contact, explosive. Durant's offensive game can mimic Klay's game.
    2. Best outcome - chance to do something historic. Never having to say could have/should have. If they would have come back from 3-1 with him, it catapults him in basketball history.
    Easy decision. I don't want to hear crap about blaming the Warriors either. If he opts in, they will pay him 32 million while he rehabs, then he signs a max with the Knicks.
    I feel bad anybody gets hurt, but things need to be put into perspective...99.9% of the population would love to make multimillion playing a game where thousands chant your name.

Put some $$ on Toronto!

#297 4 years ago

Line is down to 1.5

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Congratulations to the Raptors, there are no asterisks. Every champion needs things to break there way, last 2 years Warriors have been lucky with their injuries.

For the Warriors, I wonder what is next. They will sign Klay, Durant can make the most contract money opting out and resigning for 5 years, but NY wants him bad. NY is trash, so if he goes there, bad decision basketball wise.

Staying healthy is so crucial in winning championships in any sport.

And yet it still came down a final shot by Curry that could have sent it to a game 7.

Van Vleet and Siakam came up HUGE down the stretch.

That bucket that Siakam got late when they went away from Kawhi and isolated him was big. Finally Toronto got away from the Kawhi isolation that was too easy to double up top.

What a difficult offseason for both teams i think. If Leonard stays i'll be shocked!

Kyle Lowry is gonna turn 34 and Gasol 35. Point guards fade FAST like Tony Parker. Plus he wants LA

GS is in a really tough spot. What if KD just takes his player option for 31.5 million, doesn't play and then signs elsewhere next year?

All great things must come to an end.

Klay gets a max deal that takes him to age 34. Steph is 31 now and Durant is 30. And he tore his achilles. That's a tough one. Do you give that guy $200 million. No NBA player has ever come back as good or better after that injury. Boogie is still not 100% and probably never will be.

Anyhow, GS needs to get younger and get some guys that can get to the rim and create offense off the dribble to compliment Steph and Klay. I say use the Durant $$ to go after other players. KD won't be the same for 2 years.

#363 4 years ago

Early predictions for next year.

Nuggets win it all.

Jokic 24
    Murray 22
    Harris 24

Add a healthy 20 yr old Michael Porter, Jr. to that nucleus and deep bench and they start out the year as frontrunners in the West.

3 weeks later
    #384 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

They can't, the cap is maxed even without him as they are already over the max. Reading tea leafs, Jay Williams saying that Durant was misdiagnosed and the Warriors put pressure on him to comeback, means Durant is out the door as it shows there is probably some resentment in Durant's camp as Jay is close to Durant. Durant had his own personal physician, so that is crap as from what I read he signed off too.
    Kawhi having bought a 13.3 million dollar house near LA, says he going to the Clippers. He should spend the next 4 years in Toronto and own the city.
    Yes, Denver will be great, but I think the Bucks will be better. If, and only if, Leonard goes to the Clippers, I wonder what they can put around him.

Well it’s gonna be the wild Wild West now!

Not even a championship and excellent future could keep Kawhi back in Toronto

He was always going to LA, long before he ever got to Toronto

In order for me:

Clippers
    Nuggets
    Lakers
    Jazz
    Rockets
    Spurs
    Portland
    New Orleans
    Sacramento
    Warriors —- yep, way down here

Philly
    Bucks
    Nets
    Celts
    Raptors

That’s it

We all know how F Ed up the NBA pay scale has gotten while they continue to raise ticket prices, merchandise and vending at the games

A basic F ing STIFF like Danny Green gets another $30 million over next 2 years. WTF

Yeah I know. So many stiffs signing for that kind of money now

There is a desperate need to shorten the season that drags on F ing forever

6 months later
    #392 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Raps finally getting healthy...only 2 wins behind last year,

Do you really think they have a chance in the playoffs without Kawhi?

Just lost to Spurs and Blazers at home?

#394 4 years ago

Nuggets win it all for me.

Lebron breaks down health wise end of year prediction.

#395 4 years ago

I love the Jazz team. total darkhorse

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-playoffs-thread?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.