(Topic ID: 216961)

NBA playoffs thread.....................

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671EC58A-6D30-4BFD-89D7-FBB3D507668F (resized).jpeg
    congrats (resized).jpg
    RAPS (resized).jpg
    lol3 (resized).jpg
    lol5 (resized).jpg
    lol4 (resized).jpg
    lol6 (resized).jpg
    lol2 (resized).jpg
    lol (resized).jpg
    09B5492E-2618-467A-994C-9B83E6408BBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0326 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0327 (resized).jpg
    798F9663-CA06-4D09-9915-8D81468A927E (resized).jpeg
    476F23C3-FB96-4876-898A-7DC2EF57142A (resized).jpeg
    3931EF73-62DD-43E9-AC6D-CA71115E1940 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5809 (resized).jpg
    There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

u guys were going to lose if Klay didn’t get hurt. Probably would have won in 7 but Klay is a baller!

The refs got the game 6 they wanted but just couldn't pull out a game 7 as much as they tried.

#352 4 years ago

Congrats Raptors and fans! Still in shock to be honest.

#353 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Omg, more sore losers...

Nah, I am not a Warriors or Raptors fan. Just believe the best team didn't win last night in the league. Congrats though!

#354 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Omg, more sore losers...

Yup. That was expected though. No surprise.

#355 4 years ago

Any other canucks be at the championship parade on Monday.. We can hook up for a beer ...I'll be traveling quite early with an eta of 9am.

#356 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Any other canucks be at the championship parade on Monday?.. We can hook up for a beer ...I'll be traveling quite early with an eta of 9am. Ill be focused on pictures and souvenirs

#357 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Oh man, truth hurts, you shamed this guy right off pinside, "Inactive member"... lol.
    Shoot, I forgot to come in here and jump on the bandwagon earlier, also being Canadian...
    "WE THE NORTH!"

He must no longer believe. I don't follow the NBA like I used to, but damn of all fans to pull the injury card--these clowns whose team only beat Houston last year because Paul was injured. Not to mention the condescending chatter for how knowledgeable of a basketball fan that inactive guy was--talking down to any Canadian who dare talk to him about how the game of basketball is. What a goof.

I mean, the Raptors are lucky the Pacers didn't have Oladipo or else things would've been much different.

#358 4 years ago

Getting pumped for parade! Camera ready and cash for souvenirs!!!

#359 4 years ago

There is always next year

#360 4 years ago

Congrats to Toronto!!!

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

There is always next year

Except, good luck with that. No KD and no Thompson. It might be a real tough year to open that amazing new arena.

#362 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Congratulations to the Raptors, there are no asterisks. Every champion needs things to break there way, last 2 years Warriors have been lucky with their injuries.

For the Warriors, I wonder what is next. They will sign Klay, Durant can make the most contract money opting out and resigning for 5 years, but NY wants him bad. NY is trash, so if he goes there, bad decision basketball wise.

Staying healthy is so crucial in winning championships in any sport.

And yet it still came down a final shot by Curry that could have sent it to a game 7.

Van Vleet and Siakam came up HUGE down the stretch.

That bucket that Siakam got late when they went away from Kawhi and isolated him was big. Finally Toronto got away from the Kawhi isolation that was too easy to double up top.

What a difficult offseason for both teams i think. If Leonard stays i'll be shocked!

Kyle Lowry is gonna turn 34 and Gasol 35. Point guards fade FAST like Tony Parker. Plus he wants LA

GS is in a really tough spot. What if KD just takes his player option for 31.5 million, doesn't play and then signs elsewhere next year?

All great things must come to an end.

Klay gets a max deal that takes him to age 34. Steph is 31 now and Durant is 30. And he tore his achilles. That's a tough one. Do you give that guy $200 million. No NBA player has ever come back as good or better after that injury. Boogie is still not 100% and probably never will be.

Anyhow, GS needs to get younger and get some guys that can get to the rim and create offense off the dribble to compliment Steph and Klay. I say use the Durant $$ to go after other players. KD won't be the same for 2 years.

#363 4 years ago

Early predictions for next year.

Nuggets win it all.

Jokic 24
    Murray 22
    Harris 24

Add a healthy 20 yr old Michael Porter, Jr. to that nucleus and deep bench and they start out the year as frontrunners in the West.

#364 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Early predictions for next year.
    Nuggets win it all.
    Jokic 24
    Murray 22
    Harris 24
    Add a healthy 20 yr old Michael Porter, Jr. to that nucleus and deep bench and they start out the year as frontrunners in the West.

Denver is +1800 right now. The mess some call the Lakers are the favorite at +500, LOL.

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I say use the Durant $$ to go after other players.

They can't, the cap is maxed even without him as they are already over the max. Reading tea leafs, Jay Williams saying that Durant was misdiagnosed and the Warriors put pressure on him to comeback, means Durant is out the door as it shows there is probably some resentment in Durant's camp as Jay is close to Durant. Durant had his own personal physician, so that is crap as from what I read he signed off too.

Kawhi having bought a 13.3 million dollar house near LA, says he going to the Clippers. He should spend the next 4 years in Toronto and own the city.

Yes, Denver will be great, but I think the Bucks will be better. If, and only if, Leonard goes to the Clippers, I wonder what they can put around him.

#366 4 years ago

Anthony Davis traded to the Lakers

#367 4 years ago

Iceman I have watched a Oakland Oaks game on you tube..what number is your dad?
    Great stuff...what a difference in the game today.

#368 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Anthony Davis traded to the Lakers

Lakers need to learn how to build a team. Hope they strike out on Anthony Davis.

#369 4 years ago

I didn't make it downtown millions of people downtown. No chance for me.

#370 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I didn't make it downtown millions of people downtown. No chance for me

#371 4 years ago

Unbelievable scene in downtown Toronto.

#372 4 years ago

This is History in our City...I'm in tears I'm so proud of my Country! Yeah I didn't make it but u. So proud to be Canadian. This city is closed. Unbelievable! !!

#373 4 years ago

You guys have you tube this ..it's unreal

#374 4 years ago

The greatest championship party of all time no doubt!!!

#375 4 years ago

Keep in mind weed just came legal in Ontario.

#376 4 years ago

12 hours raptors not close to destination!! Lol

#377 4 years ago

A major highway in toronto is shut down.

#378 4 years ago

How's parking going to be at tonights Jays game? Lol

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

This is History in our City...I'm in tears I'm so proud of my Country! Yeah I didn't make it but u. So proud to be Canadian. This city is closed. Unbelievable! !!

Yeah, dude, haven't seen this level of patriotism sweep the nation since we killed it at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics: very cool to see again!

Live stream...

#381 4 years ago

Golden State bought a full page spread in Toronto Star to congratulate the Raptors and Toronto:

congrats (resized).jpgcongrats (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #382 4 years ago

Kawhi Leonard agrees to sign with Clippers
    Adios quiet man thanks for the memories

#383 4 years ago

Wished he would of stayed in Toronto, but at least he disrupted the Laker organization.

#384 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

They can't, the cap is maxed even without him as they are already over the max. Reading tea leafs, Jay Williams saying that Durant was misdiagnosed and the Warriors put pressure on him to comeback, means Durant is out the door as it shows there is probably some resentment in Durant's camp as Jay is close to Durant. Durant had his own personal physician, so that is crap as from what I read he signed off too.
    Kawhi having bought a 13.3 million dollar house near LA, says he going to the Clippers. He should spend the next 4 years in Toronto and own the city.
    Yes, Denver will be great, but I think the Bucks will be better. If, and only if, Leonard goes to the Clippers, I wonder what they can put around him.

Well it’s gonna be the wild Wild West now!

Not even a championship and excellent future could keep Kawhi back in Toronto

He was always going to LA, long before he ever got to Toronto

In order for me:

Clippers
    Nuggets
    Lakers
    Jazz
    Rockets
    Spurs
    Portland
    New Orleans
    Sacramento
    Warriors —- yep, way down here

Philly
    Bucks
    Nets
    Celts
    Raptors

That’s it

We all know how F Ed up the NBA pay scale has gotten while they continue to raise ticket prices, merchandise and vending at the games

A basic F ing STIFF like Danny Green gets another $30 million over next 2 years. WTF

Yeah I know. So many stiffs signing for that kind of money now

There is a desperate need to shorten the season that drags on F ing forever

3 weeks later
    #385 4 years ago

Fyi
    RAPTORS ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!

#386 4 years ago

Hahahaha almost as funny as the Jays winning back to back.

#387 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well it’s gonna be the wild Wild West now!
    Not even a championship and excellent future could keep Kawhi back in Toronto
    He was always going to LA, long before he ever got to Toronto
    In order for me:
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Lakers
    Jazz
    Rockets
    Spurs
    Portland
    New Orleans
    Sacramento
    Warriors —- yep, way down here
    Philly
    Bucks
    Nets
    Celts
    Raptors
    That’s it
    We all know how F Ed up the NBA pay scale has gotten while they continue to raise ticket prices, merchandise and vending at the games
    A basic F ing STIFF like Danny Green gets another $30 million over next 2 years. WTF
    Yeah I know. So many stiffs signing for that kind of money now
    There is a desperate need to shorten the season that drags on F ing forever

I am done watching professional sports (including NCAA, which is as much about money as their profesional counterparts and they are so hypocritical on top!).

2 months later
    2 months later
    #389 4 years ago

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

Doesn't seem to be much interest in the NBA this season.
    Milw Bucks are leading the Eastern Conf.
    Only the top 6 teams in the E Conf currently have a winning record.
    LA Lakers are leading the Western Conf.
    The top 7 teams in the W Conf currently have a winning record.

1 week later
    #390 4 years ago

Raps finally getting healthy...only 2 wins behind last year,

#391 4 years ago

Lakers to win It all in a snooze? Lebron still Doesn’t seem like a laker to me

#392 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Raps finally getting healthy...only 2 wins behind last year,

Do you really think they have a chance in the playoffs without Kawhi?

Just lost to Spurs and Blazers at home?

#393 4 years ago

Utah Jazz dark horse in playoffs?

#394 4 years ago

Nuggets win it all for me.

Lebron breaks down health wise end of year prediction.

#395 4 years ago

I love the Jazz team. total darkhorse

#396 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Do you really think they have a chance in the playoffs without Kawhi?
    Just lost to Spurs and Blazers at home?

Not really to be truthful.

#397 4 years ago

Yeah me too ...I really like the Jazz

#398 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Lakers to win It all in a snooze? Lebron still Doesn’t seem like a laker to me

Kuzma is starting to look like Justin Bieber.

671EC58A-6D30-4BFD-89D7-FBB3D507668F (resized).jpeg671EC58A-6D30-4BFD-89D7-FBB3D507668F (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #399 4 years ago

so much for the load management Kawhi

There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-playoffs-thread/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.