(Topic ID: 216961)

NBA playoffs thread.....................

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671EC58A-6D30-4BFD-89D7-FBB3D507668F (resized).jpeg
    congrats (resized).jpg
    RAPS (resized).jpg
    lol3 (resized).jpg
    lol5 (resized).jpg
    lol4 (resized).jpg
    lol6 (resized).jpg
    lol2 (resized).jpg
    lol (resized).jpg
    09B5492E-2618-467A-994C-9B83E6408BBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0326 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0327 (resized).jpg
    798F9663-CA06-4D09-9915-8D81468A927E (resized).jpeg
    476F23C3-FB96-4876-898A-7DC2EF57142A (resized).jpeg
    3931EF73-62DD-43E9-AC6D-CA71115E1940 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5809 (resized).jpg
    There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
    #251 4 years ago

Durant is out now, poor dude.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Durant is out now, poor dude.

He is probably going to leave the warriors. I will miss him. He gave us a lot.

Enjoy your championship Raptors but realize the situation. With Durant this would be a different series.

#253 4 years ago

Raptors is 5. Oh yea.

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Raptors is 5. Oh yea.

Probably right but that start and the way they have responded so far is heart of a champion!

U guys are going to have to take it!

I give Durant so much props for going out there!! Huge, he is a true Warrior where ever he ends up.

#255 4 years ago

Where u at Raptors can you take it away from the champs??

If not pretty sad cause Durant is the bomb!!!

#256 4 years ago

Golden State wins! Game six here we go!

#257 4 years ago

One game win, but now Durant is definitely done. I wonder if GS pushed him to play too early. Poor guy.

#258 4 years ago

A great game to watch, but losing by 1 is hard to take. Ah well, we all knew it would be a tough series. On to game 6!

#259 4 years ago

GS hung on somehow. Despite being down 6 and a backcourt violation by Green and dumb ass moving screen by Boogie!

Somebody gotta get open on that last shot when Leonard gets doubled like that.

Not sure GS will have enough left in the tank to win 2 more.

Siakam and Danny Green stunk it up. 0-8 combined from 3

#260 4 years ago

Raptors are gonna have to earn a championship. Warriors aren't gonna give it to them. Pretty intense game.

#261 4 years ago

I watch a few high School BBall games a year and i've never even seen such a piss poor final play.
    All the breaks given to the Raptors and just still pissed it away.

#262 4 years ago

Heart of a champion!!!

I am not giving any credit to the Raptors now. They blew it. They may still win, but can’t win with Durant going down and at home, sorry guys but that is sad.

Now I gotta call it Warriors win this in 5 with Durant!

#263 4 years ago

Just checking if u Canada boys are still partying????

I heard bars open until 4AM

What’s up

#264 4 years ago

Durant has an achilles injury and may not play again or never be the same if he does like D Rose.
    whats sad was the toronto fans were cheering when he went down...
    not cool.

#265 4 years ago

If the warriors win game 6 be ready for the butt pucker especially without KD!

#266 4 years ago

Where all you Canada boys at???

I am unimpressed!!!

U guys are still the favorites but I am feeling good for game 6!

U going to have take it from my boys!

#267 4 years ago

So, Curry outscored Kawhi AGAIN. When will the narrative shift? Last 10 playoff games - which is basically the most important games of the year - Curry >>> Kawhi ppg.

Warriors fans aren’t surprised by this.

King of the North is a SHAM. Curry is the BOSS.

Little 6’ 3” guard. Oh my. Look at his assists and rebounds per game. So, SO impressive, as per usual. For such a little dude. Oh my.

#268 4 years ago

Oh, and best TS % in the history of the world, so don’t get all analytical on me.

#269 4 years ago

A few people cheered at first when they didn’t know the extent of the injury, but they gave him a standing ovation on the way out.

Anything to make yourselves feel better, I guess.

#270 4 years ago

Nurse made a HORRIBLE mistake that cost them the game

Up 6 with 3 min to go. GS was gassed and done after Leonard hit that 3

He calls timeout to “give his team a blow and not waste the TO before 3 min mark”

DUMB!

That gave GS a chance to regroup and they did.

If your team was “tired”. Wtf do you think GS was ?

Which Toronto team will show up? Leonard needs to take over sooner than he did last night

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Nurse made a HORRIBLE mistake that cost them the game
    Up 6 with 3 min to go. GS was gassed and done after Leonard hit that 3
    He calls timeout to “give his team a blow and not waste the TO before 3 min mark”
    DUMB!
    That gave GS a chance to regroup and they did.
    If your team was “tired”. Wtf do you think GS was ?
    Which Toronto team will show up? Leonard needs to take over sooner than he did last night

Leonard was beyond gassed. They needed the timeout. He was still gassed on the final play, no other way to explain the lack of urgency to get to the basket.

#272 4 years ago

The butt pucker will start if the Raptors don't get off to a good start in game 6.

#273 4 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Leonard was beyond gassed. They needed the timeout. He was still gassed on the final play, no other way to explain the lack of urgency to get to the basket.

No way Koz

Leonard was resting offensively MIA for much of the 3rd qtr

He took over the last 5 min offensively and defensively to take the lead

Curry had just jacked up a couple of missed 3’s and they looked defeated. NEVER let your foot off their throats when you have em!!! See it all the time in football too. Teams go into a “prevent” to try and just protect the lead

The last play was a terrible call by Nurse too

Kawhi had nowhere to go out of the double team right way with the other 4 guys standing around the perimeter. Way too easy to defend

Lowry get the ball to Leonard off a screen closer to the basket, 3 pt line with other guys moving too

Just a shitty setup. He wasn’t going to get a lucky Philly shot again that bounced around the rim 3 times

#274 4 years ago

Even still, it will take a miracle for GS to win 2 more

Curry and Thompson have to continue to both play out of their minds and Toronto has to quit and that ain’t gonna happen

Kawhi will dominate enough, Lowry, Siakam, Green, Ibaka and Gasol will do enough to get one more win

Too good defensively and on boards for GS

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Even still, it will take a miracle for GS to win 2 more

Winning down 3-1 has happened 3 times since 2015 so I wouldn't exactly call it a miracle. I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

#276 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Winning down 3-1 has happened 3 times since 2015 so I wouldn't exactly call it a miracle. I don't think it will happen but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Just based on what I’m watching

And GS needs that mental midget Boogie to play like he did in the 2nd half for 2 games

Not happening

Vegas is giving out free money. Raptors +4 down to +3

It’s OVER

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

And GS needs that mental midget Boogie to play like he did in the 2nd half for 2 games

Wondering what the over/under is on Boogie goaltending calls?

#278 4 years ago

I turned the game off after KD injury.
    Happy to see that GSW pulled one out.
    Hoping miracles do happen for fairy tale ending for the Dubs.

#279 4 years ago

Warriors need to come out strong at home and sustain it. For some reason, they focus and play better on the road. Get to game 7 and anything can happen. For me they are playing with house money now. They have played hard, and competed even though the whole team is basically compromised.

Problem I have is the Warriors scored 34 points in that first quarter with KD. The offense basically struggled once again the rest of the game without him and he won't be walking through that door again.

#280 4 years ago

Raptor fans still here licking our wounds!

#281 4 years ago

Raptor fan base looking like trash right now. Multiple videos of them jumping Dubs fans in the streets in Toronto, cursing out Steph's mom, screaming "F*ck KD! F*ck KD! F*ck KD!" at a bar when the injury went down, posting videos of themselves on Twitter celebrating the injury, cheering loudly at Jurassic Park, one fan even waving bye bye at KD while he was down on the floor grabbing his calf... I get the saying that "there's a bad apple" in every group, but this is excessive. Way too many examples of trash behavior coming to light in the last couple of days. Truly unfortunate, as everyone I know from Toronto is good people.

Meanwhile, 47 of the 50 states in the good ol US of A is rooting against us, and enjoying it as well. I've never experienced this kind of mob mentality against my team. It's crazy.

There's a saying that started in the Warriors locker room back in 2012, before the championships. One the team used as a rallying cry when no one believed they could even make it out of the first round. That saying rings even louder today than it did back then.

#JUSTUS

Can't wait for tomorrow. Underdogs, understandably. All of North America rooting against us. Just us.

#282 4 years ago

I am going to defend Toronto here.

First I think there is trash in every fab base.

Second when Durant got hurt, even as a Warrior fan I thought he reagravated the calf and he would be done for the series but would heal up and be fine. I had no idea he tore his Achilles at that point. So I didn’t mind the cheer by the fan base. I cheer when people foul out and will be honest if Leonard cramps up in the fourth quarter I won’t be shedding any tears. I guess it goes down to severity.

Now to the series. As warriors fan the Warriors are playing with house money. So much heart in this play off run and in this series. I don’t care if they lose by 20 in game 6 I have so much respect for this team. Steph, Klay and drey are just such big game players! I love having them on my team.

#283 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Wondering what the over/under is on Boogie goaltending calls?

I’ll take the over on Boogie stupid plays that cost his team the game

Like an obvious moving screen that set up that final chance for Tor

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Warriors need to come out strong at home and sustain it. For some reason, they focus and play better on the road. Get to game 7 and anything can happen. For me they are playing with house money now. They have played hard, and competed even though the whole team is basically compromised.
    Problem I have is the Warriors scored 34 points in that first quarter with KD. The offense basically struggled once again the rest of the game without him and he won't be walking through that door again.

I know you love GS but that’s why they won’t win tonight

Combine that with Boogie going nuts in 2nd half and needing Steph and Klay to each score 35 and shoot lights out?

Toronto is up by 10 at half and hold on for the win

Defense, rebounding, attacking the rim versus jump shooters

GS has the experience but without KD and now Looney, it’s gonna be tough, if they win I’ll be hugely impressed

Winning the last game with backs against the wall and Toronto 3-1 inexperience complacency was one thing

#285 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I know you love GS but that’s why they won’t win tonight
    Combine that with Boogie going nuts in 2nd half and needing Steph and Klay to each score 35 and shoot lights out?
    Toronto is up by 10 at half and hold on for the win
    Defense, rebounding, attacking the rim versus jump shooters
    GS has the experience but without KD and now Looney, it’s gonna be tough, if they win I’ll be hugely impressed
    Winning the last game with backs against the wall and Toronto 3-1 inexperience complacency was one thing

I guarantee they won’t win tonight!!! Game is tomorrow!

I agree they are probably going down but the effort has been awesome. Winning the last game was a feat, as was beating Houston after KD went down.

This season has already been a success. Everything is not judged by championships. I am more proud of this effort then winning the championship with no adversity.

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I am going to defend Toronto here.
    First I think there is trash in every fab base.
    Second when Durant got hurt, even as a Warrior fan I thought he reagravated the calf and he would be done for the series but would heal up and be fine. I had no idea he tore his Achilles at that point. So I didn’t mind the cheer by the fan base. I cheer when people foul out and will be honest if Leonard cramps up in the fourth quarter I won’t be shedding any tears. I guess it goes down to severity.

Not shedding tears after an opponent's injury is one thing. Flat our cheering for it is another.

Go back and watch the Kyrie injury at Oracle in 2015. Or the Kawahi injury in 2017. See how the crowd reacts to either of those moments. Not one cheer. Nada.

Regardless, what I'm talking about is beyond what was shown on broadcast TV. A simple search on Twitter or FB reveals it all.

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

but without KD and now Looney

There's been no official report that Looney is out. He'll most likely play, albeit with pain.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/nba-finals-2019-warriors-kevon-looney-should-be-able-to-play-in-game-6-vs-raptors/14xapre38nfdl1qwdlhhmjfxgz

But regardless, yes. Injuries have made the Warriors +2.5 dogs in Vegas. It's what makes this game 6 that much more intriguing.

#288 4 years ago

That was a good game. GS showed an intense desire to not lose. Toronto showed a lack of killer instinct to slam the door closed when they had the chance, something that they will hopefully develop. They had it done, but didn't finish the job. I thought Leonard sort of coasted for a lot of the game, my idea is that he is conserving energy to put on the finishing blow. He almost did it, but sometimes one guy is not enough.

The whole thing with Durant's injury seems odd to me though. He was gone for a long time because of a "strained calf". That itself is a bit of an unusual injury, you don't hear about it much in pro sports. It appears that this is similar to other muscle strains and tears in that basically the only way to fix it is to rest. However, there are different grades for such an injury. If you have a high grade, that is grade 3 "complete tearing or rupture of muscle fibers" then recovery could take 3-4 months, and this might even require surgery. It would seem that he had a pretty bad one since he was off for quite a while.

This leads to the questions - did he come back too soon? And, was this new injury caused by the old injury? The "story" so far is that he got an achilles injury in the last game, which is unrelated to the calf. That doesn't make sense to me. Those are connected after all. There has to be some relationship. It seems like the entire true story was never let out. It is a bad situation if a summer's rest would have gotten him back to 100%.

Some Googling shows I'm not the only one to think this. Here is a good article that discussed exactly this issue:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nba/news/kevin-durants-original-injury-involved-achilles-sports-doctor-speculates/1pvd1agonr8jj1klkvppwc54wu

All of the talk, such as it was, before the game said that Durant was still not ready. Then, all of a sudden he is playing. I had a sick feeling in my stomach as soon as I saw him get on the court. It didn't seem right that he was called up to play. It felt like impending disaster with every move he made, and eventually, it was. My guess would be that the GS organization didn't do this on their own in the hopes of getting to the championship. I -speculate- that KD insisted he was OK and demanded to play. That's what the great ones do.

I hope there is recovery in the future for KD, he is a great player.

#289 4 years ago

In Vegas now, and I agree it is too much for Warriors to take it without KD. Too many things have to go Warriors way.

On the commentary on TV about saying it was a mistake that Durant played, that is stupid.

Look at the scenarios from worst to best outcomes.

1. Worst outcome: what went down. Torn Achilles. His future: 1 year rehab. Max contract on a Knicks team that will NEVER sniff a championship. His last chance was to ever play a championship game. People saying Derrick Rose don't know the differences between the 2 players. Rose slashed, drove, created contact, explosive. Durant's offensive game can mimic Klay's game.

2. Best outcome - chance to do something historic. Never having to say could have/should have. If they would have come back from 3-1 with him, it catapults him in basketball history.

Easy decision. I don't want to hear crap about blaming the Warriors either. If he opts in, they will pay him 32 million while he rehabs, then he signs a max with the Knicks.

I feel bad anybody gets hurt, but things need to be put into perspective...99.9% of the population would love to make multimillion playing a game where thousands chant your name.

#290 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

In Vegas now, and I agree it is too much for Warriors to take it without KD. Too many things have to go Warriors way.
    On the commentary on TV about saying it was a mistake that Durant played, that is stupid.
    Look at the scenarios from worst to best outcomes.
    1. Worst outcome: what went down. Torn Achilles. His future: 1 year rehab. Max contract on a Knicks team that will NEVER sniff a championship. His last chance was to ever play a championship game. People saying Derrick Rose don't know the differences between the 2 players. Rose slashed, drove, created contact, explosive. Durant's offensive game can mimic Klay's game.
    2. Best outcome - chance to do something historic. Never having to say could have/should have. If they would have come back from 3-1 with him, it catapults him in basketball history.
    Easy decision. I don't want to hear crap about blaming the Warriors either. If he opts in, they will pay him 32 million while he rehabs, then he signs a max with the Knicks.
    I feel bad anybody gets hurt, but things need to be put into perspective...99.9% of the population would love to make multimillion playing a game where thousands chant your name.

Put some $$ on Toronto!

#292 4 years ago

Bet just enough if I lose, I can still be happy the Warriors win.

Raptors have a better balanced team, with more options of scoring. They have 5-6 players who can get 20. Warriors have 2.

#293 4 years ago

What an exciting time to be a basketball fan!
    Basketball is passing hockey when 6.5 million Canadians tuned in to game 5. Well unless the Leafs win the cup. No more hockey nets in every second driveway..it's basketball nets now. American and Canadians are brothers don't let the morons spoI'l anything. Drunk enough, I would of punched out a fan booing KD.

#294 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

What an exciting time to be a basketball fan!
    Basketball is passing hockey when 6.5 million Canadians tuned in to game 5. Well unless the Leafs win the cup. No more hockey nets in every second driveway..it's basketball nets now. American and Canadians are brothers don't let the morons spoI'l anything. Drunk enough, I would of punched out a fan booing KD.

#295 4 years ago

Not today Toronto.

#296 4 years ago

Should be an exciting game!

We the north!

#297 4 years ago

Line is down to 1.5

#298 4 years ago

Go Toronto, hope the team wins the title and remains together for next season.

#300 4 years ago

I am channeling 2007 “We Believe” Warriors!

Iggy is going to be the savior and score 20, to be the third scorer and force game 7!!!

09B5492E-2618-467A-994C-9B83E6408BBE (resized).jpeg09B5492E-2618-467A-994C-9B83E6408BBE (resized).jpeg
    There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-playoffs-thread/page/6?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.