(Topic ID: 216961)

NBA playoffs thread.....................

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671EC58A-6D30-4BFD-89D7-FBB3D507668F (resized).jpeg
    congrats (resized).jpg
    RAPS (resized).jpg
    lol3 (resized).jpg
    lol5 (resized).jpg
    lol4 (resized).jpg
    lol6 (resized).jpg
    lol2 (resized).jpg
    lol (resized).jpg
    09B5492E-2618-467A-994C-9B83E6408BBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0326 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0327 (resized).jpg
    798F9663-CA06-4D09-9915-8D81468A927E (resized).jpeg
    476F23C3-FB96-4876-898A-7DC2EF57142A (resized).jpeg
    3931EF73-62DD-43E9-AC6D-CA71115E1940 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5809 (resized).jpg
    There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 4 years ago

whats the excuse for tonight? Go Raps Go

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

whats the excuse for tonight? Go Raps Go

The excuse would be the best player in the world didn’t play in the series but obviously you didn’t see my last post. Lol

#203 4 years ago

Anyway i hate the Warriors mostly for the "fans",notice how quickly the bandwagon left the court again?

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

Anyway i hate the Warriors mostly for the "fans",notice how quickly the bandwagon left the court again?

You must be new to the NBA, the Warriors have so many fans like myself that endured 20 years of losing. Like losing that is mathematically almost impossible. Lots of fans!!

This probably over but that is a ridiculous statement!

3931EF73-62DD-43E9-AC6D-CA71115E1940 (resized).jpeg3931EF73-62DD-43E9-AC6D-CA71115E1940 (resized).jpeg476F23C3-FB96-4876-898A-7DC2EF57142A (resized).jpeg476F23C3-FB96-4876-898A-7DC2EF57142A (resized).jpeg
    #205 4 years ago
    798F9663-CA06-4D09-9915-8D81468A927E (resized).jpeg798F9663-CA06-4D09-9915-8D81468A927E (resized).jpeg
    #206 4 years ago

I’ll admit, I’ve never been a big fan of GS, but I think that stems from me always wanting to cheer for the underdog, and GS has been the top team for the last few years.
    But with the raptors making it this far, I’ve paid a lot more attention to how GS plays, and even though I’m rooting for the raptors, I’ve found a whole new level of respect for GS.
    I think KD will leave GS after these playoffs, and while that will suck for GS fans, a silver lining will be that some of the bandwagon fans will too, and the true fans can get rid of the bandwagon label that’s been attached unfairly to the fan base as a whole.

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I’ll admit, I’ve never been a big fan of GS, but I think that stems from me always wanting to cheer for the underdog, and GS has been the top team for the last few years.
    But with the raptors making it this far, I’ve paid a lot more attention to how GS plays, and even though I’m rooting for the raptors, I’ve found a whole new level of respect for GS.
    I think KD will leave GS after these playoffs, and while that will suck for GS fans, a silver lining will be that some of the bandwagon fans will too, and the true fans can get rid of the bandwagon label that’s been attached unfairly to the fan base as a whole.

I actually think if they lose there is more a possibility KD stays. We will see.

The Raptors have built a great roster and lived up to their talent. They still have to win on more.

Warriors have rolled to five straight finals. It will be disappointing to only get 3 but this is the finals, they ain’t playing the Suns.

#208 4 years ago

I agree, KD is more likely to stay if they lose. But the series isn’t over yet, and I don’t want to jinx anything by talking like it is lol.
    Kawhi is just as big of a question mark too. I may be wrong, but this is the first finals in a long time where both teams have a superstar who’s futures for next year are very much unknown.
    Before the finals, I said the only way kawhi stays in Toronto is if they win it all. And even then, there’s still a chance he leaves. I still feel this is the case, but with how magical their run has been and how Canada as a whole has embraced this team, I really hope that has increased Toronto’s chances of signing Kawhi to another contract.

#209 4 years ago

Damn, wish I put money on my Raptors in 5 prediction....

#210 4 years ago
    Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I agree, KD is more likely to stay if they lose. But the series isn’t over yet, and I don’t want to jinx anything by talking like it is lol.
    Kawhi is just as big of a question mark too. I may be wrong, but this is the first finals in a long time where both teams have a superstar who’s futures for next year are very much unknown.
    Before the finals, I said the only way kawhi stays in Toronto is if they win it all. And even then, there’s still a chance he leaves. I still feel this is the case, but with how magical their run has been and how Canada as a whole has embraced this team, I really hope that has increased Toronto’s chances of signing Kawhi to another contract.

Yeah when the other dude talked shit and I could have said enjoy your possible one title if u get it because Leonard is gone but we will see what happens.

Warriors already have 3. Warriors were going for historical greatness.

I remember the pain of losing a 3-1 lead. Not likely but would be amazing if t happens. Lol

Would cure the demons of the Cavs.(actually that pain will be for me for life)

#211 4 years ago

I've been a Warriors fan since the Rick Barry days. Raptors are playing the better basketball by far. Toronto is out Warrioring the Warriors. 3 and D. They are the team that looks like a run will happen at any time.

Cousins looks terrible, and was never a fit for how the Warriors want to play. They used up all of their cap money on a player that doesn't fit their style.

The Warriors only have 2 scorers now that Durant is out, so if Thompson is off the floor, the Raptors just dominate.

It's hard to believe but the Warriors don't have the shooters without Durant. Draymond, Iggy, McKinney, Looney aren't the shooter that the Raptors have. Leonard, Siakam, Ibaka, VanVleet, Green, Lowery, and even Gasol can hit from the outside. Switching everything on defense is not working.

The Warrior bench is the worst it's had during their 5 year run. Livingston is a great guy, but you can see his age. Cook gives you nothing as he is not a scorer and is too short for guarding bigger guards.

I realize Durant is a top 3 player, but the Warriors literally have a bench that is not meant to play extended minutes, so him coming back not 100% wouldn't help. Currently, If Looney starts over Cousins, there is nobody on the roster that can give you more than 10 minutes per game. By the fourth, the Warriors are gassed.

I've enjoyed the run, and will root like hell for them on Monday, but it just doesn't look good.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

I've been a Warriors fan since the Rick Barry days. Raptors are playing the better basketball by far. Toronto is out Warrioring the Warriors. 3 and D. They are the team that looks like a run will happen at any time.
    Cousins looks terrible, and was never a fit for how the Warriors want to play. They used up all of their cap money on a player that doesn't fit their style.
    The Warriors only have 2 scorers now that Durant is out, so if Thompson is off the floor, the Raptors just dominate.
    It's hard to believe but the Warriors don't have the shooters without Durant. Draymond, Iggy, McKinney, Looney aren't the shooter that the Raptors have. Leonard, Siakam, Ibaka, VanVleet, Green, Lowery, and even Gasol can hit from the outside. Switching everything on defense is not working.
    The Warrior bench is the worst it's had during their 5 year run. Livingston is a great guy, but you can see his age. Cook gives you nothing as he is not a scorer and is too short for guarding bigger guards.
    I realize Durant is a top 3 player, but the Warriors literally have a bench that is not meant to play extended minutes, so him coming back not 100% wouldn't help. Currently, If Looney starts over Cousins, there is nobody on the roster that can give you more than 10 minutes per game. By the fourth, the Warriors are gassed.
    I've enjoyed the run, and will root like hell for them on Monday, but it just doesn't look good.

This is all true. Hoping for a miracle but all good things must come to and end.

Also, it helps I like the Raptors. I give their GM so much credit. He has balls of steel. Put together a decent roster and then traded for Leonard. Also traded for Gasol. I love that he went for it and it looks like it is going to pay off.

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Damn, wish I put money on my Raptors in 5 prediction....

Hope you guys put some money on the Raptors at the beginning of the series. Looking back there was huge value because most people thought the warriors were better and Durant would comeback at some point.

#214 4 years ago

What a game! Is nurse out coaching Kerr?

#215 4 years ago

Leonard is impressive IMO. He is the dominating force carrying Toronto to these wins, yet you almost don’t even notice it because he plays so even-keeled. He doesn’t jump around like a maniac and thump his chest every time a makes a basket, just goes about his business calm, cool and collected. He kills you with ice. Kind of like Durant, he’s the same way. I’m sorry that Durant isn’t playing. Thompson was impressive if he is nursing a hamstring pull. It is nearly impossible to move and play basketball with that injury, don’t ask me how I know this.

I don’t have a favorite and like both teams, being a sorry-ass Lakers fan.

#216 4 years ago

Jorge...just curious you and your dog got the hammer down on a boat ?(your pic)
    Cheers!

#217 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

It looks like the main excuse is injuries. As if no other team in the history of any sport has had to deal with them. Poor Dubs.

#218 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Jorge...just curious you and your dog got the hammer down on a boat ?(your pic)
    Cheers!

I don’t know exactly what that means? But I used to be a big time wakeboarder. Still ride but have gotten old. Jorge is actually the dogs name. If you look closely my wife edited him with glasses and a captain morgan in the corner.

Jorge has since passed away but lives on forever in my avatar.

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It looks like the main excuse is injuries. As if no other team in the history of any sport has had to deal with them. Poor Dubs.

Most teams that have these type of injuries don’t make the finals.

I thought if fully healthy the Warriors would handle the Raptors easily. Now I am not so sure. Raptors have played great but to say Durant would not make an impact is just ignorant.

#220 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Yes, Nurse has coached better, but it really doesn't matter as the Raptors are the better team right now so no game plan that Kerr could dream up would have changed the series.

The only misstep that Kerr has done is given extended minutes to Cousins. Kerr's coaching adjustments is not why the Warriors are losing. Nurse is doing an awesome job, but it really boils down to the Raptors are just whipping butt.

Crazy thing is, the 2 best players on the 2 teams fighting for a championship most likely will not be on those teams next year.

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It looks like the main excuse is injuries. As if no other team in the history of any sport has had to deal with them. Poor Dubs

Quoted from jorge5240:

Most teams that have these type of injuries don’t make the finals.

Absolutely true. Name 1 team that would have won a championship without there best player for a final. Seriously, any team.

The Bucks or 76ers could have beaten the Warriors if they would have gotten past the Raptors. The Warriors beating the Rockets was a great feat.

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Absolutely true. Name 1 team that would have won a championship without there best player for a final. Seriously, any team.

1980 Lakers, NBA finals game 6 against Dr J and the Sixers, Kareem out with sprained ankle.

We had lower level tickets for Game 7 in LA in our hands, my friend camped out all night to get those.

#223 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Yes, Nurse has coached better, but it really doesn't matter as the Raptors are the better team right now so no game plan that Kerr could dream up would have changed the series.
    The only misstep that Kerr has done is given extended minutes to Cousins. Kerr's coaching adjustments is not why the Warriors are losing. Nurse is doing an awesome job, but it really boils down to the Raptors are just whipping butt.
    Crazy thing is, the 2 best players on the 2 teams fighting for a championship most likely will not be on those teams next year.

Right on Jim!

And its really Kawhi Leonard on full display and how great he really is. All the little things he does to help you win along with the obvious.

The only one they used to say that could stop and defend Jordan was Dean Smith

Popovich lost Leonard and what should have been another couple of championships, BEFORE Leonard left and maybe after, because of his hard headed behavior and "system".

Let's see what Nick Nurse can do next year without Leonard.

You see what the Warriors are now without Durant. Still no excuse for them. They won without him before.

Boogie Cousins is a talented dummy.

So forgive me if i don't shed a tear for a GS team without Kevin Durant. Compete like the rest of the league has to

Btw, it doesn't look good but if GS can get this next game they can win at home and force a game 7.

Toronto is capable of blowing it.

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Right on Jim!
    And its really Kawhi Leonard on full display and how great he really is. All the little things he does to help you win along with the obvious.
    The only one they used to say that could stop and defend Jordan was Dean Smith
    Popovich lost Leonard and what should have been another couple of championships, BEFORE Leonard left and maybe after, because of his hard headed behavior and "system".
    Let's see what Nick Nurse can do next year without Leonard.
    You see what the Warriors are now without Durant. Still no excuse for them. They won without him before.
    Boogie Cousins is a talented dummy.
    So forgive me if i don't shed a tear for a GS team without Kevin Durant. Compete like the rest of the league has to
    Btw, it doesn't look good but if GS can get this next game they can win at home and force a game 7.
    Toronto is capable of blowing it.

Are you sure Leonard will leave? Even if Raptors win?
    It certainly has been fun to watch the play offs this year.
    Would KD have left OKC if they had won a championship?

#225 4 years ago

Gotta give credit where credit is due..the Raps are simply playing better ball then GS. Kawhi is leading by example, and his teammates are contributing big time. I think that both teams play an exciting run n gun offence-kinda reminds me of the good old Laker days SHOWTIME! If the Raps clinch on Monday, it’ll be comparable to when the Blue Jays won it all in ‘92 vs the Phillies..

#226 4 years ago

Agreed ...I'm not so certain Kawhi will leave anymore

#227 4 years ago

Every team is capable of blowing it

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

1980 Lakers, NBA finals game 6 against Dr J and the Sixers, Kareem out with sprained ankle.

We had lower level tickets for Game 7 in LA in our hands, my friend camped out all night to get those.

Series, not game. They closed out the series, with Kareem averaging over 30 over 5 of the 6 games. Durant is averaging 0 for the series.

Nobody is crying for the Warriors, you play with what you got. When Raptors win, there are no excuses as you build a team to withstand injuries, and the Raptors have built a deep team. It bothered the crap out of me in 2015 when I heard the Cav fans talking about putting an asterisk because Love and Irving were out.

Quoted from bladerunner:

He can leave on a high note and Toronto won't have hard feelings as they appreciate what he has done. Just like Cleveland accepted James leaving last year. Once he got the trophy for them, there were no burning jerseys the second time.

Looking at it from the outside, it is hard to say what Leonard will do as he is not an open guy. Toronto has done EVERYTHING right to keep him, but he has stated he wants to go to LA (Not Lakers), and if he really wanted to sign, he could have signed the extension and stated he wants to stay. Just like Klay is doing for his free agency with the Warriors.

Durant isn't a lock to leave either. If the Warriors won, then he would have 100% been gone. Draymond's "we don't need you" speech would have been the nail in the coffin. Durant has stated over and over, he wants to go where he can get the most money. Not even close, Warriors can offer him the most contract wise, plus he can point to the Warriors not being able to win it all without him.

Everybody keeps saying Knicks, I am saying Nets, if KD goes anywhere. The Atlanta trade put them in better position than the Knicks. They have the better culture, better team, and better management.

#229 4 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

It certainly has been fun to watch the play offs this year.
    Would KD have left OKC if they had won a championship?

What's up Blade! I think Leonard already has his ticket punched for the Clippers, win or lose.

He's a weird dude in a lot of ways. And i think he wants to go back home, build with Doc Rivers and take on Lebron in LA.

Would a normal guy leave after a championship? I wouldn't, but Kawhi isn't "normal"

Nobody ever thought he'd leave the Spurs after winning championships.

The Raptors are built for this year, and match up well with GS because of their length and defense.

They BARELY got by the 76ers who will be the better team next year. Embiid toughens up and Simmons gets better.

And the Bucks, who will also be better next year with a healthy Brogdon.

So yeah, he's GONE!

#230 4 years ago

Kind of on a side note, has the balance of power shifted to the east? For many years, stars wanted to get to the east because the road to the finals was easier. Looks like the path is easier in the west, especially if KD does leave and goes east.

Who do you have Rockets, Warriors, Nuggets???

#231 4 years ago

Most Canadians hopes he stays of course..why wouldnt he lead not a team but an entire Country?? Been to Toronto or Canada north?? The most beautiful fresh water lakes/scenery in the world really a short drive from toronto. He delivered the goods and as true Canadians we say , have a beer on us before you go.

#232 4 years ago

BC Canada is spectacular ...take a trip there you won't be disappointed

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Kind of on a side note, has the balance of power shifted to the east? For many years, stars wanted to get to the east because the road to the finals was easier. Looks like the path is easier in the west, especially if KD does leave and goes east.
    Who do you have Rockets, Warriors, Nuggets???

My Nuggets are gonna be team to best in West next yr. GS, Rockets and then a bunch of young up and coming teams

Lakers are a joke right now but if they can add A Davis in a yr. Clippers with Kawhi and that young group

Sac and Dallas gonna be better too. Portland?

Spurs are stuck in mediocrity now with Aldridge and Derozen

Boston is a disaster right now

Bucks should be better but Budenholzer is not the answer. Terrible job against Toronto

#234 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Kind of on a side note, has the balance of power shifted to the east?

Yes, Bucks are motivated.

76ers to me have too many question marks. Will Simmons take it to the next level and develop a jump shot? Will Embid be able to stay healthy with reports his nutrition is terrible? Do they sign Butler to a max? Tobias Harris?

All Western Conference teams are either on the win it now with window quickly closing, (Warriors/Rockets), or 2-3 years away (Nuggets, Dallas,) Free agency can make the Clippers the WC champs next year. I can't wait to see what New Orleans does. David Griffen is a shrewd guy.

San Antonio couldn't keep Leonard, and San Antonio is the gold standard. For 99.9% of the population it would be a no brainer for him to stay in Canada. He would be a forever legend to them. Reports are that Steve Ballmer is securing the rights to Leonard's trademark "Claw" from Nike. If true, he would only even attempt that if he knows something.

Things have really changed when the Nets/Clippers are better free agent destinations than the Lakers/Knicks.

#235 4 years ago

The end of an era for Oracle arena formerly known as Oakland Alameda built in 1966.

I went to many games there as a little kid. And became a fan of the heyday Oakland A's too. The first Championship in that arena was won by the Oaks, Rick Barry, Larry Brown and my dad.

IMG_0326 (resized).jpgIMG_0326 (resized).jpgIMG_0327 (resized).jpgIMG_0327 (resized).jpg
    #236 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Series, not game. They closed out the series, with Kareem averaging over 30 over 5 of the 6 games.

Yeah I know, I just wanted some sympathy for my suffering. Just think that was just about 40 years ago and we still relive it every year. Sitting there in a bar watching it on a “big screen TV” with a huge crowd of Laker fans. With game 7 tickets in our pockets. We had every expectation that the Sixers would win and we would be going to the Great Western Forum to the game 7 of the century. Everyone cheering and we’re watching in disbelief as the Lakers win and our dreams are smashed. Yes it was an awesome game and Magic was unbelievable, but still missing out on that game 7 is painful to this day.

#237 4 years ago

Sounds like Durant is for sure out for Game 5. Probably the end of the warriors. Curry and Klay just can't do it by themselves with the defense the Raptors are playing. And Raptors big guys are just dominating the Warriors. Warriors need to pick up the defensive intensity but they're undersized and can't deal with the Raptors and their physical nature most of the time.

#238 4 years ago

Problem is that the warriors have sacrificed depth for KD. When the Warriors won their first championship, their bench was strong and they had Harrison Barnes who was serviceable. Right now they have neither.

I wouldn’t put this all on Steph and Klay, they can’t score a 100 points a game between the two of them. If the warriors just had Barnes back right now, they would be in such better shape, could space the floor and rebound. If this series does end tomorrow night and Durant does leave, the Warriors are not done, they will just need to add serviceable pieces going forward.

#239 4 years ago

I think it may be too little too late but it looks like KD is on the way!!!!

#240 4 years ago

Game over man!

Gimp KD or not, raps in 5.

#241 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Game over man!
    Gimp KD or not, raps in 5.

You are probably right but we will see.

#242 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I think it may be too little too late but it looks like KD is on the way!!!!

If KD plays and is healthy raptors are in for a surprise! lol

#243 4 years ago
    Quoted from pacman11:

If KD plays and is healthy raptors are in for a surprise! lol

Sweet, I like nba championships.

#244 4 years ago

I am ready for pandemonium in the streets tonight. It's been 26 years since Toronto has had a World Champion team when the Blue Jays won their second World Series way back in 1993.

#245 4 years ago

Go Raptors! Hard part is to be able to stay awake! I normally change into a pumpkin at 10 pm EST

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from bladerunner:

Go Raptors! Hard part is to be able to stay awake! I normally change into a pumpkin at 10 pm EST

Yeah, I know what you mean. Plan to record and watch it tomorrow. Works half the time.

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Sweet, I like nba championships.

Gimp KD is better then everyone on the court! Lol

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I am ready for pandemonium in the streets tonight. It's been 26 years since Toronto has had a World Champion team when the Blue Jays won their second World Series way back in 1993.

Not today.

#249 4 years ago

My heart is hoping but my head thinks this ends tonight. I just think it is too much to ask KD to come back and make a huge difference.

I will say this the Raptors better put them away tonight or they could be in real trouble if Durant is indeed relatively healthy.

#250 4 years ago

We will see if they can sustain it but it is obvious Durant makes no difference!

There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-playoffs-thread/page/5?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.