(Topic ID: 216961)

NBA playoffs thread.....................

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671EC58A-6D30-4BFD-89D7-FBB3D507668F (resized).jpeg
    congrats (resized).jpg
    RAPS (resized).jpg
    lol3 (resized).jpg
    lol5 (resized).jpg
    lol4 (resized).jpg
    lol6 (resized).jpg
    lol2 (resized).jpg
    lol (resized).jpg
    09B5492E-2618-467A-994C-9B83E6408BBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0326 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0327 (resized).jpg
    798F9663-CA06-4D09-9915-8D81468A927E (resized).jpeg
    476F23C3-FB96-4876-898A-7DC2EF57142A (resized).jpeg
    3931EF73-62DD-43E9-AC6D-CA71115E1940 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5809 (resized).jpg
    There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 4 years ago

Raptors in six.

They are like a college team, believe me!!!!!!

#152 4 years ago

Here is the death blow. I was rooting big time for the Raptors. Their isolation offense should feed right into the Warriors style. Leonard has been awesome but the Warriors have dealt with Lebron and Harden many times. Iso ball does not work against them. Not having home court is a bit concerning but if Green plays like he did last series it should not be an issue.

As I say this some how the Raptors will pull it out.

#153 4 years ago

i don't know how the raptors made it to the finals this season...oh yeah, lebron goes to the west.

this should be the most lop sided finals since Shaq and the Lakers destroyed the Nets in 2000ish?

west coast is the best coast! another win for cali this season.

#154 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

We the north! Time to show Canada basketball the respect is deserves!

When Canada earns the respect they’ll receive it. But ya gotta beat the Champs first.

#155 4 years ago

Be nice to bring my son and see the Raps in 1st finals...20k for seats??? Wtf?? 2k for nose bleeds. ...this is game 1

#156 4 years ago

I have seen some BRUTAL basketball since I began following the Raps from day 1. Remember fellow Canucks, when Eric Smith (Raps commentator) would apologize for their performance?? Dark days, so to me, even if we don’t beat the mighty Warriors, it’s still the Best Raptors season ever! KL chances of staying in Toronto are less than zero but he’s still out best player ever and the whole country loves this guy stay or go. Shout out to Tim Leiwicki ..thanks for turning around the Leafs and Raptors!

#157 4 years ago

Anybody know a reliable streaming link? I can't listen to those Canadians network idiots anymore.

#158 4 years ago

Die hard Warriors fan here. Season tickets for 10+ seasons now (although this is my final season).

Much props to all you die hard Raptor fans. Y'all deserve this Finals appearance. I think this is going to be a lot more difficult of a series for my Dubs than most people think. Certainly more difficult than any of the Cavs teams we've had to face the last 4 years in the Finals. Can't wait for tomorrow night...

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

this should be the most lop sided finals since Shaq and the Lakers destroyed the Nets in 2000ish?

gotta give it to the raptors, they seem hungry. This might be a hell of a series!

#160 4 years ago

Haha, lopsided in which direction big guy?

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

lopsided in which direction big guy?

well, still thinking warriors winning in 6. if boogie and durant were healthy i would think that the post game for the raptors would be significantly altered. the raptors just have too much height and dominance down low right now for the warriors to compete with.

#162 4 years ago

Thought the Raptors played well. Their defense is tough. I think the Warriors will adjust in game 2, and even if go down 2-0 Durant will comeback and he will be the answer to the length issue that the Raptors present on defense. For the effort the Warriors gave, I am actually surprised they were not blown out. Way too many open shots, with bad rotations.

Fact: If the Warriors give up 118 points a game, they will be going down in this series.

#163 4 years ago

One of my customers made a good point...10 point spread is nothing for the Warriors ..cpl minutes and they are leading by 10. Toronto should not get so high especially if Durant that monster comes back. Heart with Raps but my money would still be on the GS in 6

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

Die hard Warriors fan here. Season tickets for 10+ seasons now (although this is my final season).
    Much props to all you die hard Raptor fans. Y'all deserve this Finals appearance. I think this is going to be a lot more difficult of a series for my Dubs than most people think. Certainly more difficult than any of the Cavs teams we've had to face the last 4 years in the Finals. Can't wait for tomorrow night...

Thx for props...classy

#165 4 years ago

The warrior have a worse record when Durant plays. They are 39 and 1 in the games where Curry plays and Durant does not.

Raptors in 5.

We the north!

#166 4 years ago

Shiiiit.

Y'all didn't see full blown Leonard yet.

We the north!

#167 4 years ago

I think Kerr is too smart and will neutralize Leonard. See how they left Gasol wide open? One 3 pointer when he had so much time to reset his feet . Curry is guaranteed at the 30 points. This is a Huge mountain for the Raps ..don't get me wrong I love the Raps but the analytics are dismal in our favour. KD is a giant monster, let's keep godzilla beneath the water imo

#168 4 years ago

I'm ok with double teaming Leonard. That happened in Game 1 and we won!

#169 4 years ago

Warriors in 7 and Durant comes back for game 3. Siakam and Gosal were the difference makers last night.

#170 4 years ago

Warriors!! Warriors!!! Warriors!!!

Super concerned about Klay but one hell of a game.

Raptors have returned to reality!

What can I say Iggy has balls of steel and has done it his whole warriors career.

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Raptors have returned to reality!

Yeah, I guess so.

#172 4 years ago

Raptors in 5.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Yeah, I guess so.

Enjoy the victory against the “B” team. I mean good for the Raptors, they did what they were supposed to do but if you think that is the same as beating the warriors at full strength you are kidding yourself.

The team the warriors fielded last night would have a hard time making the play offs.

#174 4 years ago

Could happen. But word on the street is that Durant and Klay will be back which will make for a long series.

The average fan will not notice but the warriors will really miss Looney he was a big time glue guy.

#175 4 years ago

All the shots that Klay would have taken last night were taken by Curry instead. He had a ridiculous game - without that you lose by at least 30. Whose fault is it that the Warriors sacrificed the depth they once had to get KD? So you guys can beat Cleveland...what else?

This ain't Cleveland anymore folks.

#176 4 years ago

Golden State fans weren't complaining when Leonard was whopping them with San Antonio and he got injured.

#excuses

GS actually has a better record when Curry plays and Durant doesn't. Come on back Durant!

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

All the shots that Klay would have taken last night were taken by Curry instead. He had a ridiculous game - without that you lose by at least 30. Whose fault is it that the Warriors sacrificed the depth they once had to get KD? So you guys can beat Cleveland...what else?

Because the raptors faired so well against those cav teams

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from Halfwasted:

Golden State fans weren't complaining when Leonard was whopping them with San Antonio and he got injured.
    #excuses
    GS actually has a better record when Curry plays and Durant doesn't. Come on back Durant!

You guys are acting like this series is over. It is 2-1. Injuries happen. But it isn’t like this 2-1 lead was a against a healthy warriors squad.

KD and Klay should be back for game 4. Hopefully they can stay healthy so if the Raptors win there will be no excuses.

Raptors are in a good spot no matter what happens but don’t under estimate the heart of a champion. Warriors have been through some tough battles before. I would celebrate before sealing the deal.

Last thing Leonard was whooping them for all of one half. No one will know if that would have continued but I would say no. One half is a pretty small sample size.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

The Raps are not even close to the same team from a year ago. Gasol, Green and Leonard have made a huge difference as you are well aware. Defensively especially, they are on another level.

#180 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

The Raps are not even close to the same team from a year ago. Gasol, Green and Leonard have made a huge difference as you are well aware. Defensively especially, they are on another level.

Theres really no debate that if the Warriors were at full strength the series would have been over in 4 or maybe 5 games. Losing four key players like Durant, Thompson, Cousins (he's half of what he could be), and Looney is a really big blow....I don't think the Warriors have a chance if Thompson and Durant don't come back....if they do, and their reasonably healthy than the Warriors have a good chance of winning. If Toronto lost Leonard, Lowry, and someone else they would lose by 20

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Either are the warriors without Durant, Klay, and Looney.

I don’t know what to tell you. If they don’t come back enjoy your championship because they are hard to come by. But come on, facts are facts and the warriors are missing 60+ points a game and 3 of their top 5 defensive players at this stage.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

But come on, facts are facts and the warriors are missing 60+ points a game and 3 of their top 5 defensive players at this stage.

Are you suggesting that the score would have been 169 - 123 for the Warriors last night then?

lol, I'm just stirring up shit. Your team scares the shit out of me regardless of who's playing or not playing. I'm happy the Raps are in the finals and hope for some good games to enjoy. This series is certainly nowhere near over either way.

Cheers man.

#183 4 years ago

Some of the rotations the warriors were playing in that game last night wouldn’t even make it in a pre season game. It obviously effects the offense. But the defense is where we really miss these guys. The rotations are miserable.

Durant has been ruled out for game 4. There are rumblings that his injury is more serious than reported and I am starting to believe it.

Atleast if the warriors go down, I like the raptors and they play hard and a good style of basketball. I think I would have slit my wrist if the rockets some how won.

#184 4 years ago

As someone who has enjoyed watching the warriors the past few years, it's a little hard to watch their current lineup out on the floor. I don't see how they can win without Klay, Looney, and Durant. Cousins is like a non-factor too. Warriors fans are getting to feel what Cavs felt all those years, when you only have one player (Curry) trying to carry the whole team like Lebron did.

When I was watching last night, that line from Unnecessary Roughness kept coming to mind "Maybe now isn't the best time to make sure everyone has played", lol, with all these guys who are normally riding the bench getting major minutes.

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Are you really talking shit when two of our All Star starters and one of our most important rotation players are out? With DMC coming back from his second rehab in the last 12 months? FOH rookie. You couldn’t hold our jack at full strength.

And we’re going to beat your asses anyway.

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

As someone who has enjoyed watching the warriors the past few years, it's a little hard to watch their current lineup out on the floor. I don't see how they can win without Klay, Looney, and Durant. Cousins is like a non-factor too. Warriors fans are getting to feel what Cavs felt all those years, when you only have one player (Curry) trying to carry the whole team like Lebron did.
    When I was watching last night, that line from Unnecessary Roughness kept coming to mind "Maybe now isn't the best time to make sure everyone has played", lol, with all these guys who are normally riding the bench getting major minutes.

“All those years”? Kyrie and Love played alongside of LeBron 2 of those years (Kyrie was there for three and Love for all 4). Besides, Love would have been a defensive liability the first year anyway. Cavs were better without him.

And the year the Cavs won (on a final minute shot in game 7) Steph, Bogut and Iggy were all injured (bogut and Iggy out). And Dray got suspended because LeBron cried.

I know the point your trying to make, but IMO you whiffed.

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Exactly.

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

“All those years”? Kyrie and Love played alongside of LeBron 2 of those years (Kyrie was there for three and Love for all 4). Besides, Love would have been a defensive liability the first year anyway. Cavs were better without him.
    And the year the Cavs won (on a final minute shot in game 7) Steph, Bogut and Iggy were all injured (bogut and Iggy out). And Dray got suspended because LeBron cried.
    I know the point your trying to make, but IMO you whiffed.

I didn't mention the finals, nor just the past 5 years, or anything about the warriors playing the cavs. I just said that Curry last night was like Lebron trying to carry the Cavs all those years (mean his rookie year through when he left, when a lot of time he was the sole person carrying them).

Unless you think Lebron had a lot of help those first 5 years in the league, lol. Drew Gooden and Daniel Gibson were the #2 and #3 best players on the cavs in 07 in their finals appearance.

Maybe you whiffed.

#189 4 years ago

My problem is KD is probably not going to play at all and Klay and Looney May comeback but come on, they are not going to be 100%.

The Raptors are a damn good team. Do I think the Warriors handle them if they are full strength, hell yeah, but shit happens.

I am pulling for them and will be until the end but this is getting really tough to see them winning objectively.

#190 4 years ago

Dude, come on...you can't compare the Raptors this year to the one that couldn't beat the Cavs. That team from last year would have been destroyed by Milwaukee.

#191 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Dude, come on...you can't compare the Raptors this year to the one that couldn't beat the Cavs. That team from last year would have been destroyed by Milwaukee.

Yeah, kind of like comparing beating the warriors without Durant and Klay!!!!

#192 4 years ago

The series is not over...I honestly didn’t think we would get past the Bucks. Every game to me is gravy Raps win or lose.
    I’m glad I am watching the best season the Raps have ever had...every game there are Jurassic park gatherings in many cities. It’s a big deal here in Canada,I just hope no morons spoil our spotlight

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

What kind of boat are you driving? ..how’s the fishing?

#194 4 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Ok.....but the raptors beat the warriors in game one with a healthy Klay....

#195 4 years ago

Having a RAPS party tonight!!!

#196 4 years ago

Let's GO CANADA! LETS GO RAPS!

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Let's GO CANADA! LETS GO RAPS!

WE ARE MORE THAN BEER AND HOCKEY

#198 4 years ago

I love the passion but hopefully the warriors can find a way. I am getting the feeling Durant ain’t coming back so you should be feeling pretty good either way.

#199 4 years ago

GS Warriors are favored by 5-1/2 points.
    The O/U is 214-1/2 points.
    At least one team is figured to score over 100 points, likely both teams.
    NBA Finals 2019 Game #4 tip off coming up.

#200 4 years ago

This is the first game I thought Raptors earned. They played amazing.
    Congratulations!!!

I thought the other games there were opportunities but this one Raptors were clearly better.

There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-playoffs-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.