(Topic ID: 216961)

NBA playoffs thread.....................

By iceman44

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jorge5240
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5E4FC3E1-2835-41D1-9987-2F25AD49282E (resized).jpeg
    Lakers (resized).jpg
    LJ (resized).jpg
    34909168_10156150095680552_3574390251814125568_n (resized).jpg
    32BC22BC-2365-45AC-B048-C9038CDC167D (resized).jpeg

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 months ago
    LJ (resized).jpg
    #102 11 months ago

Worst kept secret...Lebron going to LA.

Gary Payton reported his son is already enrolled, plus he has 2 houses there. Retiring in Cleveland would have been great.

Warrior/Laker rivalry is good for the West Coast. Philly/Boston is good for the East Coast. The Laker situation will be interesting this summer.

3 weeks later
    #103 10 months ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Worst kept secret...Lebron going to LA.

Yep, it's confirmed.

It's still going to take a while for the Lakers to build up the rest of the team's talent.

Lebron will be carrying these guys, for the time being, just like the Cavs.
    Lakers (resized).jpg

#104 10 months ago

Cousin's going to Warriors...I did not see that coming. It makes sense for him as it is only a one year deal. He can heal and show what he can do so he can get the big bucks next year.

For the Warriors, this can implode. For him to get big dollars next year, he will need to show he can carry a team. This team shares the ball. If he does excessive ISO ball stuff, or does not get his touches, then this can go sideways. There is only 1 ball. The reason the Warriors work is everybody knows their roles. He's playing more for next year's contract.

On paper it is crazy. Warriors are as good, if not better than an Eastern All Star team. (Now that Lebron is a Laker)

Irving at PG
    Oladipo at Off Guard
    Antetokounmpo at SF
    Prozinges at PF
    Embid at C

(You can sub Lowery, Wall or other players to still make a point)

versus -

Curry
    Thompson
    Durant
    Green
    Cousins

#105 10 months ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Cousin's going to Warriors...I did not see that coming. It makes sense for him as it is only a one year deal. He can heal and show what he can do so he can get the big bucks next year.
    For the Warriors, this can implode. For him to get big dollars next year, he will need to show he can carry a team. This team shares the ball. If he does excessive ISO ball stuff, or does not get his touches, then this can go sideways. There is only 1 ball. The reason the Warriors work is everybody knows their roles. He's playing more for next year's contract.
    On paper it is crazy. Warriors are as good, if not better than an Eastern All Star team. (Now that Lebron is a Laker)
    Irving at PG
    Oladipo at Off Guard
    Antetokounmpo at SF
    Prozinges at PF
    Embid at C
    (You can sub Lowery, Wall or other players to still make a point)
    versus -
    Curry
    Thompson
    Durant
    Green
    Cousins

Nah, won't implode. Boogie is most likely a one year rental. Worst case, if it doesn't work, they used up their 5.4 mil mid-level exception and still have 4 all-stars in their starting line-up. But if it works? Look out.

Before this move, the only bigs left on the team were Bell and Jones, leaving the Warriors extremely thin for change-of-pace situations that require them to go big. They'll still run the Hamptons 5 to close out games, but they needed this for certain situations. At the very least, this is a low-risk gamble that addresses their lack of depth at the 4/5.

It's a one-year win-win scenario, if you ask me.

#106 10 months ago

I think Cousin's deal is little or no risk for the warriors and has huge upside. As lethal as the Warriors were, they lacked scoring with their second unit. I am sure Cousin's will start but could play with the second unit to get his touches. Also if it doesn't work or he becomes an issue they can cut him loose. It only costs money and with winning 3 of 4 championships they have plenty of it.

No brainer move and rest of the league, haters going to hate.

Lebron what???? Lebron who?????

#107 10 months ago

There is a reason LeBron doesn’t have more rings than he does, he’s a shitty teammate

It’s all about LeBron and that’s it.

#108 10 months ago

The reason why Lebron doesn't have more rings is because of the Golden State Warriors. Now that he's in the west, he may never get back to the finals again.

#109 10 months ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

The reason why Lebron doesn't have more rings is because of the Golden State Warriors. Now that he's in the west, he may never get back to the finals again.

don’t forget that the Spurs beat him twice and so did Dallas once.

I do agree, he likely won’t get there again now that he is in the West.

#110 10 months ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

don’t forget that the Spurs beat him twice and so did Dallas once.

Should have been 3 times, Miami had that miracle win in SA in 2013. Spurs came back to whip their ass in 2014.

Poor LeBron, I wonder what he thought when he heard the Boogie man signed with GS!

Lakers should stand pat this year and wait for Kawhi without giving up anybody.

I think its bye bye to Lonzo and dopey Levar!

#111 10 months ago

OP: Please update title, something along the lines of "Lebron James Haters Club" or "Lebron Sucks" or perhaps "Lebron is such a loser that's why we keep obsessing about him when we mention any other team in this thread and the Warriors had to get another all star just to make super sure he can't nearly beat them by himself".

You guys are funny.

Re: Cousins to GS. Thanks for another boring season NBA!

#112 10 months ago

The NBA is straight trash now.....any and all competition is gone. I would image the revue across the league will be down along with tv ratings. Plus other markets will suffer with lower ticket sales.......small market teams counted on big names to draw crowds.....with all the allstars on 4 to 5 teams at most and some of them only visiting once per year the shared revue win take a big hit.....next will be restructuring the playoff to the top 16....no more east/west.......the NBA has big problems on the horizon.

#113 10 months ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

The NBA is straight trash now.....any and all competition is gone. I would image the revue across the league will be down along with tv ratings. Plus other markets will suffer with lower ticket sales.......small market teams counted on big names to draw crowds.....with all the allstars on 4 to 5 teams at most and some of them only visiting once per year the shared revue win take a big hit.....next will be restructuring the playoff to the top 16....no more east/west.......the NBA has big problems on the horizon.

OK sure... except TV ratings, attendance, and merchandise sales are at an all time high, so that debunks anything you just said.

The NBA has always been about dynasties. No different than the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, early 2000s.

Y’all act like you ain’t going to watch next season, but you will... hoping, praying someone dethrones the Warriors.

The leagues knows exactly what it’s doing. Is it October yet?

#114 10 months ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Poor LeBron, I wonder what he thought when he heard the Boogie man signed with GS!

Awesome addition for Golden State, but Boogie is still recuperating from his achilles injury.

That's going to take time.

#115 10 months ago
    Quoted from japespin:

OK sure... except TV ratings, attendance, and merchandise sales are at an all time high, so that debunks anything you just said.

Maybe I'm the exception, but I did lose interest a few years ago. It was fun when Orlando was competitive. Seems like such a long time ago.

#116 10 months ago

For years I've been basically just watching NBA on tv at home or at a sports bar when the play-offs start. Just can't get motivated to watch NBA during the regular season.

New Orleans and Houston are the two closest major cities to me that have NBA teams. I'd probably go to a few games per year if I lived closer to either the Pelicans or Rockets.

Still enjoy watching college basketball.

#117 10 months ago

I gotta say though, I'm very interested to see how the Lakers thing works out.

#118 10 months ago

Go Warriors, can’t wait to see this team at full steam in the playoffs. After 40 years of mostly horrible teams, it’s great fun to watch them steamroll everyone.

#119 10 months ago

So, is it already pretty much decided as to which 4 teams will make it to the conference finals in Spring 2019?
    GSW vs Hou Rockets
    Ind Pacers vs ??

What seed will the Lakers be in the upcoming play-offs?

#120 10 months ago

The east is actually super interesting now. I think Boston and Philly will be top contenders in the east. I think if Boston is completely healthy and meshes well, they should come out of the east. They are the most talented team and plays the most defense.

#121 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

So, is it already pretty much decided as to which 4 teams will make it to the conference finals in Spring 2019?
    GSW vs Hou Rockets
    Ind Pacers vs ??
    What seed will the Lakers be in the upcoming play-offs?

Really? No Boston or Philly in the east or OKC in the West? Rockets are done. Window closed.

Go Dubs. Keep it going.

#122 10 months ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Really? No Boston or Philly in the east or OKC in the West? Rockets are done. Window closed.
    Go Dubs. Keep it going.

Should be Boston in East with Irving and Heyward coming back and the coaching advantage.

If the Rockets sign Carmelo I agree, they are done! He's a team killer and will never change.

Nuggets are a darkhorse here too if Porter can overcome his injury.

GS is beatable, their defense and toughness outside of Green is weak. It's gonna take a team like Houston that can score and defend to beat them.

I agree, for the most part, the regular season NBA is unwatchable

10 months later
    #123 10 days ago

2019 NBA Play-offs are currently going on. Just sayin.

Conference Finals started this week.
    In the Western Conf Finals (on ESPN), GS Warriors won game 1 at home over Portland Trailblazers.
    Eastern Conference Finals (on TNT) game 1 is Wed night, Toronto Raptors at Milw Bucks.

Do I hear crickets?

The Milw Bucks were good back in the early/mid 70's, and pretty good in the mid 80's, plus a decent year in 2001.
    So this is a big deal this year for the Bucks org.

The Tor Raptors started up in the NBA in the mid 90's. Had some success making the play-offs off-n-on some years.
    2016 they made it to the E Conf Finals, but lost to the Clev Cavs. So this is a big deal this year for the Raptors org.

It's ok with me that the Celtics and Lakers are not in the Conf Finals.

#124 10 days ago

Oh, and, the New Orleans Pelicans got the #1 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft.

2019 NBA Draft is on June 20th.

#125 9 days ago

Warriors fan my whole life and have been through some miserable seasons. The last 5 years have been a dream. The win over the rockets in game 6 was pure joy, old school grinding basketball.

Curry, Thompson, Iggy, and Green have been there for the whole run. So proud of how these guys play as team and step up when needed.

Would love Durant to stay but he certainly brings a lot of baggage with him. If he does indeed leave for Knicks, I think he is in for a rude awakening.

Last random thought, pumped pelicans got the first pick. So tired of players holding franchises hostage when the franchise is willing to pony up 50 million more than any other team.

#126 9 days ago
    5E4FC3E1-2835-41D1-9987-2F25AD49282E (resized).jpeg
    #127 8 days ago

Warriors!!!!! Warriors!!!! Warriors!!!!

#128 8 days ago

I love KD but I am rolling with my boys Steph, Klay and Drey for life!!!!

#129 6 days ago

Warriors!!! Warriors!!! Warriors!!!

Straight grinding!!!!!

#130 6 days ago

Bucks looking better than the Warriors!

#131 6 days ago

Warriors have way too much fire power (no pin pun intended). Even with Iguodala possibly out, there's always another super star up. Having Andre out will make it more interesting.

Being a Cavs fan and finally getting a championship with a "super team"......i still hate the pre formed super teams.

It doesn't stop me from watching the playoffs though. Really enjoyed 90's playoff ball more!

#132 5 days ago
    Quoted from McPin54:

Warriors have way too much fire power (no pin pun intended). Even with Iguodala possibly out, there's always another super star up. Having Andre out will make it more interesting.
    Being a Cavs fan and finally getting a championship with a "super team"......i still hate the pre formed super teams.
    It doesn't stop me from watching the playoffs though. Really enjoyed 90's playoff ball more!

The perception the warriors were formed as a super team is interesting to me. They won the first championship with all home grown talent. Signed one star (Durant) and I guess that qualifies to some as a super team and don’t even mention cousins because he played the year on one leg and was living off reputation. They have played the last 4 1/2 games without those guys and have won them all. Steph, Klay and Drey were all drafted by the warriors and none was a top 3 picks.

The bucks do look good but I don’t think the raptors are done yet and we will see how the Deer match up.

#133 5 days ago

Draymond Green. Love him or hate him, is the most underrated player in the NBA.

See what I did there?

The Bucks look great. I hope we get them and both teams are at full strength.

#134 5 days ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

The perception the warriors were formed as a super team is interesting to me. They won the first championship with all home grown talent. Signed one star (Durant) and I guess that qualifies to some as a super team and don’t even mention cousins because he played the year on one leg and was living off reputation. They have played the last 4 1/2 games without those guys and have won them all. Steph, Klay and Drey were all drafted by the warriors and none was a top 3 picks.
    The bucks do look good but I don’t think the raptors are done yet and we will see how the Deer match up.

Agree with home grown talent. Outstanding team with unbelievable home grown talent. Hats off to you guys!
    Adding the others you mentioned.... Durant is not just a star but arguably the best in the NBA. Cousins wasn't picked up because he only has one leg. Lol

Hey, I took the heat when K love joined LBJ.

I really don't think anyone will stop you guys this year. Like I said.....next star up. I'd like to see more balance throughout the league and a good final series.

GL

#135 5 days ago

Looks like another Warriors championship. They are just now starting to hit their stride with Curry heating up and Green in playoff beast mode.

Bucks are deep and physical though.

#136 5 days ago

Bucks length has given Warriors problems in the past. I would be concerned if Durant does not come back for that match up.

But so proud of the way they have grinded last 4 1/2 games.

#137 5 days ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Bucks length has given Warriors problems in the past. I would be concerned if Durant does not come back for that match up.
    But so proud of the way they have grinded last 4 1/2 games.

What about the Raptors'?

Lol, I kid, I kid.

#138 5 days ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like another Warriors championship. They are just now starting to hit their stride with Curry heating up and Green in playoff beast mode.

Bucks are deep and physical though.

Weird how this years playoff is going. When Durant went down, I thought the Rockets would finally get them.

The Warriors swept the Blazers with Durant out 2 years ago, so this series is like Deja Vu. Jusuf Nurkic was out then too.

Draymond looks better than ever. Last year and part of this year, he was bloated. The weight made him lose a step. Now that the teams are trapping Klay and Curry, when they give it up to Draymond in the middle he can drive for a lay up, or kick it out. Being lighter allows him to close out better on shooters, and when he rebounds he doesn't have to outlet to start a fast break.

Looney being hurt the first 2 years slowed his development, so it is nice to see what he can do. Hard to believe he was an unrestricted free agent last year and nobody offered him a minimal deal.

#139 4 days ago

Warriors warriors warriors

#140 4 days ago

Bucks bucks bucks

#141 4 days ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Bucks bucks bucks

See you soon!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 94.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods
    $ 87.00
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 9.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside