(Topic ID: 216961)

NBA playoffs thread.....................

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

671EC58A-6D30-4BFD-89D7-FBB3D507668F (resized).jpeg
    congrats (resized).jpg
    RAPS (resized).jpg
    lol3 (resized).jpg
    lol5 (resized).jpg
    lol4 (resized).jpg
    lol6 (resized).jpg
    lol2 (resized).jpg
    lol (resized).jpg
    09B5492E-2618-467A-994C-9B83E6408BBE (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0326 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0327 (resized).jpg
    798F9663-CA06-4D09-9915-8D81468A927E (resized).jpeg
    476F23C3-FB96-4876-898A-7DC2EF57142A (resized).jpeg
    3931EF73-62DD-43E9-AC6D-CA71115E1940 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5809 (resized).jpg
    There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 5 years ago

Too bad all the games start at 9pm and most on work nights. Gotten used to not watching.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The referees might as well be wearing Warriors jerseys. They are definitely their sixth man.

Give me a break.

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Lets see... Take the team with the best record in history 73-9 and add the second best player in the game because of a one-time loophole in the salary cap system. Not to mention that KD is a big pussy who left OKC to go to the team he lost to in the playoffs after being up 3-1. What you get is a team that should not be allowed to exist in this era of enforced parity and has too much talent to go around. Team play is out the door now. With the Rockets going 0-27 on 3-pointers and not to mention the amazingly biased referees who threw the momentum completely away from Houston and to Golden State; last night should have been a 50+ point win by Golden State. Chris Paul plays the last two games and Houston wins. To me the season is over at this point and Cleveland is the champion.

Oh my. Sure you don’t live in a Houston? I’m hearing the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance.

#54 5 years ago

As a warriors fan I actually wanted them to lose that game. Now all these people are going to bitch. Even if they lost, they probably would win in 5 or 6 games.

I hate LeBron but man is he good. I used to call him LeClank because he couldn’t shoot but obviously he puts in the work because he has become a very good shooter.

Warriors miss Iggy big time and his return at any point during these finals is questionable at best.

#55 5 years ago

KD has been frustrating these last couple series. The effort on defense just isn’t there. Slow to pick up his man, confused on switches, not boxing out in the paint (see the JR smith rebound). And the other end, the iso KD ball continues. He looks like he’s not into it out there. Need him to lock in.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

KD has been frustrating these last couple series. The effort on defense just isn’t there. Slow to pick up his man, confused on switches, not boxing out in the paint (see the JR smith rebound). And the other end, the iso KD ball continues. He looks like he’s not into it out there. Need him to lock in.

I am a KD fan but man he just has not been good lately. He is looking soft.

Maybe it is because it was the first time but I sure love the first championship team in this run. Obviously Harrison is nowhere near the player KD is but the mental and physical toughness of those teams with Bogut was fun to watch. Those teams wanted to win more than anything and they wound just grind out wins.

This latest version, I really sometimes where the motivation is? Still love me some Steph, Drey and Klay. All homegrown and ballers!

#57 5 years ago

There are 29 other teams with tiny violins playing them just for you Warrior fans...bitching about the 2nd best player in the league not doing enough for your team. Maybe you can get Lebron next year!! lol

#58 5 years ago

Truth. If Bogut wasn’t so injury prone, that version of this squad:

A) Wouldn’t have lost that game 7 first round matchup vs. the Clippers in 2014.
    B) Would have won the championship in 2016.

Draymond has been a bit more turnover prone this year, but I still love his grit and fight. Steph and Klay... still can’t believe we drafted BOTH of them. Two of the greatest shooters of all time.

Quoted from jorge5240:

I am a KD fan but man he just has not been good lately. He is looking soft.
    the mental and physical toughness of those teams with Bogut was fun to watch. Those teams wanted to win more than anything and they wound just grind out wins.
    This latest version, I really sometimes where the motivation is? Still love me some Steph, Drey and Klay. All homegrown and ballers!

#59 5 years ago

Happened to see the end again on a rerun today. It's not just JR channeling Derek Harper (I still remember watching that game it was a great one for Lakers fans lol).

LeBron makes the miracle shot to go up by 2 with 33 seconds left. He was obviously fouled as well but ok.

Curry goes right by Smith for an easy layup, why hack him across the face and give them an extra point? Just let him score and move on from there. Dumb. Bad basketball.

Now 23 seconds left Cleveland has ball and down by one. They have a timeout left and don't call it. Even dumber. Call time out, reset everything, and draw up your best play. Bad coaching.

Hill makes a good play to get fouled. Makes the first free throw, that's the hard one. Misses the second. That is a choke.

By dumb luck JR gets the rebound. He had no game situational awareness. Bad basketball.

Come on people, focus. You get paid millions to do this. You failed. Get you head out of your butt and stop relying on LeBron for every single little thing.

LeBron post interview was pretty good. He refused to throw his teammate JR under the bus. He had every right to, but he didn't. Smith owes him 1,000 return favors. He better pull one of his miracle games out of his butt next game.

#60 5 years ago

That is more like it!

First game was an anamoly. I am feeling sweep but logic says five.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

First game was an anamoly. I am feeling sweep but logic says five.

Cavs knew they needed to win Game #1 to realistically have a chance at winning it in 6 or 7 games.

Cavs have a high winning % playing at home, so I see the Cavs winning at least 1 game in the next two home games (Games 3 & 4).

Seems like the GS Warriors will win the finals in 5 or 7 games. They want to win it in front of their fans at home.

#62 5 years ago

Sorry boys ,its GS all the way
    4 n out !

#63 5 years ago

Bron is too good not to get one game at home. Plus I want the Dubs to close out at home. I was at Oracle for the game 7 heartbreak two years ago, was there for the game 5 revenge close out last year, and would love nothing more than to be there to witness the close out for this 4-year Cavs/Dubs run.

#64 5 years ago

Gotta say proud of my dad.

He got presented the Chuck Daly NBA Lifetime Achievement award last night

You young guys wouldn’t remember but still pretty cool

I let my kids go out their with my parents to the game instead of wife and I. I should get father of the year right?

#65 5 years ago

iceman44 That is awesome! Who is your Dad, if you don’t mind me asking? And yes, that’s a helluva sacrifice you made for your kids last night! LOL

#66 5 years ago

I presume it is Doug Moe?

Well heck yes, I remember Coach Moe from back in the day. He was awesome! He changed things quite a bit back in the day, and would fit right in with the NBA of today. Those Nuggets teams of the 80s were great. Of course LA and Boston took all the championship limelights, but still, the Nuggets were a major force. Doug Moe brought in that crazy (at the time) run and gun offense, and they had great players like Alex English, Kiki Vandeweghe, and David Thompson. Plus Dan Issel at center, he was great. Those were great times to be an NBA fan.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Congratulations to your dad and family.

They briefly showed it on tv, I was going to post it was shown. Glad some of your family members got to go with him. Your kids will always remember it. Good call giving them a chance to spend time with their grandfather.

#68 5 years ago

Lebron and Love have to be two of the biggest cry babies in basketball, really tough to watch. They whine and are looking for a foul call on every play while GS out hustles them down the court.

I wish I could tell them to shut their pie holes and just play the game.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Lebron and Love have to be two of the biggest cry babies in basketball, really tough to watch. They whine and are looking for a foul call on every play while GS out hustles them down the court.
    I wish I could tell them to shut their pie holes and just play the game.

I would say that in general way too many players in NBA cry for a foul to be called, and flop/fall down to try to get a foul called.
    Seems like those are two reasons why many people have lost interest in the NBA.

#70 5 years ago

GS has way too much talent for other teams to handle. I expect GS to win in 4 games. Oh and I predict they will win the championship the next 2 years also.

#71 5 years ago

Moe is your dad? If so, simply awesome

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

GS has way too much talent for other teams to handle. I expect GS to win in 4 games. Oh and I predict they will win the championship the next 2 years also.

Don't the refs usually try to "help" extend the series though?

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You young guys wouldn’t remember but still pretty cool
    I let my kids go out their with my parents to the game instead of wife and I. I should get father of the year right?

Congratulations Doug to you and your family.
    What an incredible achievement and honor.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Don't the refs usually try to "help" extend the series though?

Usually, but not this year for damn sure.

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I presume it is Doug Moe?
    Well heck yes, I remember Coach Moe from back in the day. He was awesome! He changed things quite a bit back in the day, and would fit right in with the NBA of today. Those Nuggets teams of the 80s were great. Of course LA and Boston took all the championship limelights, but still, the Nuggets were a major force. Doug Moe brought in that crazy (at the time) run and gun offense, and they had great players like Alex English, Kiki Vandeweghe, and David Thompson. Plus Dan Issel at center, he was great. Those were great times to be an NBA fan.

Thanks for the thumbs up guys. Yeah those were great times and basketball back then. Freaking Lakers and Boston both would have beaten the current day Warriors imo.

Different game today. We were at lunch today and Larry Brown called and expressed his disgust in the way the game is played today as well.

Poor guy is a basketball junkie, bored out of his mind and can't get a job now because of the bridges burned. College or pro.

#76 5 years ago

As a warrior’s fan I will take the warriors over those teams everyday and twice on Sunday.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

We were at lunch today and Larry Brown called and expressed his disgust in the way the game is played today as well.

All I know is that the pro game is way better to watch now than it was 20 years ago. College is kind of a disaster because of the 1 and done thing, but the pro game is infinitely more watchable now than it was. Like the warriors with win with great passing and shooting, those things didn't really exist for a spell there in the NBA. Sometime after the Pistons won it all the game devolved into some sort of barely watchable game for like 10 years where the Bulls and Lakers just ran over everyone.

#78 5 years ago

I know the Warriors got Durant as a free agent but everyone else was drafted. And not drafted as high picks. I love the Warriors because they are great and I went through over twenty years of hell with them. Maybe you hate them but this is not the miami heat of 2012.

They are a great team!!

Sweep here we come!

#79 5 years ago

A question is where will Lebron play next year???

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

A question is where will Lebron play next year???

Golden State

#81 5 years ago

Would be his best chance to win a championship.

#82 5 years ago

I'm a finals fan only... I never watch regular season, I'll watch a game here or there of the playoffs, but try to catch every game of the Finals, I do same thing with theStanley Cup finals as well... just don't have the time/interest for too much else, but appreciate watching the best in their respective sports going at it.

& I do have to admit, there is always greater chance of me watching if Lebron has got a good chance to lose. I'm just not a big fan... Incredible physical talents no doubt. Definitely one of the top 2-3 to ever play. Hard to compare players from different eras & players of different positions for who is the best ever, but he is clearly a once a generation talent. But his antics during a game just get old. I have never seen someone whine as much as he does, about everything, & he is good flopper as well, but that's just seems to be part of the league today, so I don't hold that all against him. I don't agree with him bringing politics into his press conferences etc as much as he does either. I wish we could just keep politics out of sports.... So I've just never been a huge fan.

Game 2, you could definitely see the Cavs just give up at the end.... Game 1 ending was just pure entertainment for obvious reasons.... Last night, was definitely the Cav's best effort, especially on defense & that's what kept it so close. You could just tell Curry & Thompson were uncomfortable almost the entire game due to the Cavs defense & Curry's shooting showed it. If KD had't just been on fire, I Suspect the Cavs would have won by 5 or 6 at least. They have certainly put up way better fight other than end of Game 2 than I ever expected going into the series & it has turned it into a very watchable series right down to the end of each game for the most part.

Game 4 will be interesting just to see if Cavs can give same defensive effort again, knowing that the series for all practical purposes is basically over, it's just a matter of time. For them to think they can beat GS four games in a row at this point, is a pretty long stretch.

As far as whether the game is more entertaining now than in the past..... I would agree with that. Everyone is bigger/faster/stronger than ever & the refs lets them play fast & loose (most of the time) & this is what people want to see.... it's the same reason we see the offenses in the NFL given a lot of the rules breaks with PI etc. People come to watch TDs not INT's or really good run defense.... I know it's a skill etc, but if you want eyeballs on the game.... you gotta have action, you gotta have scoring. Let's face it....no one wants to watch Wisconsin play Princeton in College Basketball..... unless you went to one of those schools...

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from WeatherbyMAG:

I'm a finals fan only... I never watch regular season, I'll watch a game here or there of the playoffs, but try to catch every game of the Finals, I do same thing with theStanley Cup finals as well... just don't have the time/interest for too much else, but appreciate watching the best in their respective sports going at it.
    & I do have to admit, there is always greater chance of me watching if Lebron has got a good chance to lose. I'm just not a big fan... Incredible physical talents no doubt. Definitely one of the top 2-3 to ever play. Hard to compare players from different eras & players of different positions for who is the best ever, but he is clearly a once a generation talent. But his antics during a game just get old. I have never seen someone whine as much as he does, about everything, & he is good flopper as well, but that's just seems to be part of the league today, so I don't hold that all against him. I don't agree with him bringing politics into his press conferences etc as much as he does either. I wish we could just keep politics out of sports.... So I've just never been a huge fan.
    Game 2, you could definitely see the Cavs just give up at the end.... Game 1 ending was just pure entertainment for obvious reasons.... Last night, was definitely the Cav's best effort, especially on defense & that's what kept it so close. You could just tell Curry & Thompson were uncomfortable almost the entire game due to the Cavs defense & Curry's shooting showed it. If KD had't just been on fire, I Suspect the Cavs would have won by 5 or 6 at least. They have certainly put up way better fight other than end of Game 2 than I ever expected going into the series & it has turned it into a very watchable series right down to the end of each game for the most part.
    Game 4 will be interesting just to see if Cavs can give same defensive effort again, knowing that the series for all practical purposes is basically over, it's just a matter of time. For them to think they can beat GS four games in a row at this point, is a pretty long stretch.
    As far as whether the game is more entertaining now than in the past..... I would agree with that. Everyone is bigger/faster/stronger than ever & the refs lets them play fast & loose (most of the time) & this is what people want to see.... it's the same reason we see the offenses in the NFL given a lot of the rules breaks with PI etc. People come to watch TDs not INT's or really good run defense.... I know it's a skill etc, but if you want eyeballs on the game.... you gotta have action, you gotta have scoring. Let's face it....no one wants to watch Wisconsin play Princeton in College Basketball..... unless you went to one of those schools...

The problem with college basketball is that the one and done players make too big of a difference. If they had less impact and the good players were juniors and seniors, then it would be way more interesting. You can't relate to the good players because they're not there long enough. I remember when Curry was playing with Davidson, he still is the best college player I've ever seen...you don't get that today because talented freshman leave after one year, so things like Curry's sophomore season never would have happened.

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Totally agree. I love them being up 3-0 right now. Just love it!!!

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Freaking Lakers and Boston both would have beaten the current day Warriors imo.

Quoted from iceman44:

Different game today.

This will always be true. People discredit the players now too much though. I wish the old rules were in place, just like football, because the game is not the same game. I liked the games better then.

The game has changed and players have had to adapt their game to the new game. When Kareem played, who really was up to the challenge of playing against him? How many athletic 7 footers were there then compared to today? Now, the NBA has a lot. Durant, Anthony Davis, Towns, Embid, Deandre Ayton (soon to be NBA player), Porzingis, etc... all players that space the floor and shoot. I really do not know any team that feeds the post anymore.

I think James' game would easily translate to 80's and 90's basketball. Steph Curry would be a Mark Jackson type player.

Today's players are bigger, stronger and more athletic. There will be exceptions like Shaq, but this is just a fact: Every generation is getting faster and stronger. Give me any strength or speed world record that has lasted over 20 years.

Plus now the game is international. In the 80's-90's great European players like Detelf Shrempf would be counted on 1 hand, now you have 1/5 of the league with great foreign players.

You had less teams and different cap rules allowing teams to stay together, longer.

You didn't have a 3 point line until later.

You had hand checking which allowed tougher D on the perimeter.

Just so many reasons why the game has changed. I'm just saying it is impossible to compare eras that far apart. The Kobe/Shaq Lakers would probably beat the Warriors as the match up would be a terrible one for GS.

#86 5 years ago

Feeling no pain right now!!!

3 in 4 years!!!!!

#87 5 years ago

Saw the game at a Sports Bar. Awesome.....

Damn, Warriors took it to them and the Cavs folded like lawn chairs. Their defense caught up with them and that was a butt kicking.

LeBron revealing the hand thing is too much like a sour grape thing. If he was able to keep it quiet for over a week, it wouldn't be hard to keep it a secret now the series is over. Bad sportsmanship.

Free agency keeps the league relevant in the off season.

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

You had hand checking which allowed tougher D on the perimeter.

The biggest difference imo. That's why Jordan is the greatest player ever and while Lebron is great he's no Jordan

What a pathetic showing by the Cavs last night. Not that they could have done anything about it, they took their ass whipping but at least show some heart and fight going down.

As for the 80's, the Pistons and any Hubie Brown coached team weren't fun to watch. The Pistons were just that good and tried to beat teams up. Thomas, Dumars, Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman for starters.

If you score 130 pts a game and give up 120 you are a great defensive team as well. If you score 82 points a game and give up 88 on average you are a crap defensive team. Hubie Brown.

The way the Lakers and the Celtics played, the right way. My Nuggets running and the passing game.

The game today is garbage with the exception of teams like Golden State and the Spurs the way they play. I'll take the Pelicans and Gentry too.

The college game is fantastic today, for the most part. Especially watching the one and done Dookies and Kentucky lose every year now!

Of course watching Carolina, that's how you play the game.

My prediction for the July sweepstakes: Lebron and Kawhi to the Lakers!

#89 5 years ago

Lebron holding his hand more drama BS. Half the network was focused on his future ? Celebrate the Champs ! GS should be 4 in a row !

#90 5 years ago

Lebron was right on when he said this:

“We gotta get smarter players”

Throw in character guys too

Quit whining and making excuses about your hand!

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Lebron was right on when he said this:
    “We gotta get smarter players”
    Throw in character guys too
    Quit whining and making excuses about your hand!

It’s a hand he dealt to himself. That’s what makes his whining so annoying.

You hand-picked that coach. You forced the organization to give contracts to sub-par players like JR Smith and Tristan Thompson. You pushed Kyrie away. You reap what you sow.

#92 5 years ago

Yeah, Lebron has a character issue. That's why the Lakers, 76's, Rockets and 27 other teams would love to have him on their team.

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from japespin:

It’s a hand he dealt to himself. That’s what makes his whining so annoying.

You hand-picked that coach. You forced the organization to give contracts to sub-par players like JR Smith and Tristan Thompson. You pushed Kyrie away. You reap what you sow.

horse manure

#94 5 years ago

I love the outcome. Golden State forever.

#95 5 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

Yeah, Lebron has a character issue. That's why the Lakers, 76's, Rockets and 27 other teams would love to have him on their team.

You're obviously missing my point.

So you're telling me Kyrie wanting to leave had absolutely NOTHING to do with Lebron. And Tristian Thompson getting an $82 million contract has absolutely NOTHING to do with Lebron. And JR Smith getting a $58 million contract has absolutely NOTHING to do with Lebron. (Both under his sports management agency.) And Tyronne Lue being the head coach has absolutely NOTHING to do with Lebron. "horse manure".

But hey, if you want to completely absolve him of this Cleveland Finals showing, that's your prerogative.

Meanwhile, I for one can't wait for the parade in the Bay.

34909168_10156150095680552_3574390251814125568_n (resized).jpg34909168_10156150095680552_3574390251814125568_n (resized).jpg
    #96 5 years ago

Bask in the Warriors win instead of bloviating about Lebron. Let it go.

#97 5 years ago

Hats off to GS, however pro basketball is no interest to me and many people I know. No balance in the NBA on the other hand the NHL is up for grabs i.e. Vegas and Washington winning it.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:My prediction for the July sweepstakes: Lebron and Kawhi to the Lakers!

That would be one team with a glut of forwards-

LeBron, Kawhi, Kuzma, Ingram, Frye, and Deng (who they can't trade because of contract) and Julius Randle who I guess they will let walk for nothing.

What is Ball going to do? They might as well trade him as he wouldn't be able to develop because he needs the ball in his hands, and needs to work on his shot.

Plus the Spurs won't trade within the conference...I don't know what Pop/Buford are going to do with him. They are caught between a rock and a hard spot.

#99 5 years ago

I'm glad that the Cavs lost so that Lebron fanboys can stop comparing him to the GOAT.

It's always been ridiculous talk anyway.

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Bask in the Warriors win instead of bloviating about Lebron. Let it go.

Basking continues this week at the parade. In the meantime, I will continue to bloviate about Lebron as I please.

There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-playoffs-thread/page/2?hl=weatherbymag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.