(Topic ID: 216961)

NBA playoffs thread.....................

By iceman44

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 37 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jorge5240
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5E4FC3E1-2835-41D1-9987-2F25AD49282E (resized).jpeg
    Lakers (resized).jpg
    LJ (resized).jpg
    34909168_10156150095680552_3574390251814125568_n (resized).jpg
    32BC22BC-2365-45AC-B048-C9038CDC167D (resized).jpeg

There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

I'm hoping LeBron gets past the Celtics so we can watch him get destroyed by Golden State.

Anybody watching this game tonight? What an offensive show by Harden and Durant.

#2 1 year ago

Durant and Golden State look tough to beat. Sixers fan here, so anytime Celtics lose it makes me smile.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm hoping LeBron gets past the Celtics so we can watch him get destroyed by Golden State.
    Anybody watching this game tonight? What an offensive show by Harden and Durant.

No need to wait, just watch him get destroyed by the Celtics now If only we had Irving and Hayward we could give the warriors a run.

#4 1 year ago

Warriors will win again.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

No need to wait, just watch him get destroyed by the Celtics now If only we had Irving and Hayward we could give the warriors a run.

Should get that chance next year. Give the Warriors a run with Kyrie and Hayward.

They might get past Cleveland, LeBron could be worn out carrying the rest of that team.

GS is just too good.

#6 1 year ago

I would love nothing more than to see Lebron take another Finals L at the hands of the Warriors this season, should both teams make it. It’ll be the last time we get to see it happen. Starting next year, Philly and Boston will own the East.

#7 1 year ago

Would like to see the Rockets pull it off but doubtful...defense is not good enough. Offensively the Rockets are as good or better than any team and the defense has improved but GS is still the better team I believe.

#8 1 year ago

I was not too happy when the Celtics got rid of Isaiah Thomas, but I understood why it was done. The team is doing so much better now. I hope they can go all the way. And I would like to see LeBron lose to anyone.

#9 1 year ago

Warriors are loaded! I don’t think any team can beat them in a playoff series. I’d like to see the rockets and Celtics in the finals, the last few years have been dominated by lebron and the warriors

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Would like to see the Rockets pull it off but doubtful...defense is not good enough. Offensively the Rockets are as good or better than any team and the defense has improved but GS is still the better team I believe.

The Rockets need better play from their bench/role players. I was very disappointed in the team effort last night. Glad we don't have to wait too long to see if they can turn this ship around. Tomorrow night let's get a W!

#11 1 year ago

Looks like LeBron's back is finally breaking under the weight of every other player in the team...

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

Looks like LeBron's back is finally breaking under the weight of every other player in the team...

Yeah he's beat. Physically and mentally.

LeBron is packing his bags from Cleveland as we speak.

#13 1 year ago

and Sixers are probably prepping trade offers now the draft has passed..

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

He's getting destroyed by Boston. I really thought that LeBron could beat them considering how they handled the Celts last year. They looked really old tonight. They traded for Nance, Clarkson, and Hood for athleticism and energy, yet they are lucky to get 10 minutes of playing time. I realize they play iso ball a lot, but at least when they had Kryie last year, it was another player who could break down a defense.

Boston's defense will keep them in a series with either Houston or Golden State. Can't believe that this is the same team that almost lost to Milwaukee.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

He's got a tough road ahead at age 34 next year. The West is loaded and Boston is getting back Irving and Hayward.

Philly seems to be the best option along with them getting Kawhi Leonard somehow.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gerrard17:

Ainge would love to pick up that phone considering how the trade with Coangelo went down last year. If they would have stood pat and took Tatum, the 76ers would be in the finals.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

He's getting destroyed by Boston. I really thought that LeBron could beat them considering how they handled the Celts last year. They looked really old tonight. They traded for Nance, Clarkson, and Hood for athleticism and energy, yet they are lucky to get 10 minutes of playing time. I realize they play iso ball a lot, but at least when they had Kryie last year, it was another player who could break down a defense.
    Boston's defense will keep them in a series with either Houston or Golden State. Can't believe that this is the same team that almost lost to Milwaukee.

Boston has zero chance against GS. No defense can stop them. They will get destroyed and then it will set up the 2019 matchup!

LeBron is done. Jordan is the best ever.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Ainge would love to pick up that phone considering how the trade with Coangelo went down last year. If they would have stood pat and took Tatum, the 76ers would be in the finals.

Instead they got Fultz, a total disaster. 76ers have a LONG ways to go. They should hire Chip Engelland from the Spurs to develop a jump shot for Simmons.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Boston has zero chance against GS. No defense can stop them

I agree- I just found an old couple of posts of us talking BB 5 years ago.

Quoted from jimjim66:

With Lee down, and Curry playing on his porcelain ankles I'm not seeing it happening this year.

Just getting one in Denver was awesome, and they almost got 2 there. Denver has too much depth and inside game for the Warriors to handle. Thompson and Curry shooting can keep them close if they stay hot, but I don't see them taking a 7 game series.

Then you came back with:

Quoted from iceman44:

They have a bright future, Barnes will get a lot better next year too....

#20 1 year ago

Not just saying this- I LOVED the way your dad coached. Big Fan.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

Not just saying this- I LOVED the way your dad coached. Big Fan.

Thx Jim! Stay tuned during the NBA finals around the first of June. Proud of the old man. Kerr with the "passing game" and D'Antoni, ex Nuggs coach who gets the fast break concept!

Houston needs to run it down GS's throat, forget the "ISO". Running teams hate to be run on!

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Houston needs to run it down GS's throat, forget the "ISO". Running teams hate to be run on!

NO tried that, and I think it helped GS for this series. Obviously, Houston is way better at it than NO. Houston can get red hot, and I expect them to blow out the Warriors in at least one game. Harden can have a quarter like he did against the TWolves.

I can also see Harden doing a 1-2-3 Cancun if they get too far down like he did the last 2 series with GS in 15, and 16, and like he did last year against the Spurs.

1 week later
    #23 12 months ago

Well here we go tomorrow night!

The good news is that we get to see either team beat the crap out of Lebron and Cleveland.

If Chris Paul is slowed down it might be too tough.

I'll either be in Oakland or Houston for Game 1.

#24 12 months ago

Hard to believe LeBron could drag this team to the Finals even in the East. No Love? No problem. You swap LeBron for either Harden or KD and the Cavs might make it to the first round at best. Meanwhile Houston or Golden State would go fo, fo, fo, fo with LeBron. I can't stand the guy most of the time off the court, but I think there is no denying at this point that LeBron is the greatest player of all time.

#25 12 months ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Hard to believe LeBron could drag this team to the Finals even in the East. No Love? No problem. You swap LeBron for either Harden or KD and the Cavs might make it to the first round at best. Meanwhile Houston or Golden State would go fo, fo, fo, fo with LeBron. I can't stand the guy most of the time off the court, but I think there is no denying at this point that LeBron is the greatest player of all time.

I agree with you. Celtics and the East are WEAK.

I still give Jordan greatest player of all time title. Lebron is a freak of nature beast. Both are two of the basketball smartest players ever as well.

6 titles to 3. 10 time scoring champ. Much better defender, etc.

I grew up with Jordan and saw him up close and personal, he was more talented all around, Lebron is just a beast.

Lebron could play tight end in the NFL right now and blow Gronkowski out of the water!

#26 12 months ago

At some point when he's gonna the haters will realize how special he truly is on and off the court with all his charity work. I've been lucky enough to be a season ticket holder for the cavs for 14 years, and just when I think I've seen it all he continues to surprise. This year is the ultimate mismanage from day 1 of the season and yet here he is again in the finals. No other player in this league or from the pass could over come all the hurdles placed in front of them to get there.

#27 12 months ago

Which team today is going to beat the Celtics, Pistons, Bulls and Lakers of old? Maybe the Warriors

#28 12 months ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

At some point when he's gonna the haters will realize how special he truly is on and off the court with all his charity work. I've been lucky enough to be a season ticket holder for the cavs for 14 years, and just when I think I've seen it all he continues to surprise. This year is the ultimate mismanage from day 1 of the season and yet here he is again in the finals. No other player in this league or from the pass could over come all the hurdles placed in front of them to get there.

He's definitely special. And he's gone from Cleveland after they lose in the finals.

#29 12 months ago

6 titles to 3.

Bill Russell has 11......so that makes him better then MJ right!

#30 12 months ago

Different era. The rest of those guys on that team all had more than Lebron. And Bill Russell ain't no chump either!

The guy is great. But he's had a cakewalk every single year to the finals.

If he can win this year with that crew against the West then he gets elevated. But he won't.

Btw, Tim Duncan won 5 championships and is arguably a better all around player than Lebron.

Kareem has 6, Magic has 4. I'll put Julius Erving up there too.

#31 12 months ago

32BC22BC-2365-45AC-B048-C9038CDC167D (resized).jpeg

#32 12 months ago

GOAT

#33 12 months ago
    Quoted from tdiddy:

Bill Russell has 11

Just like nothing in the NFL counts before the first Super Bowl, nothing counts in the NBA before the merger with the ABA. Sure Russell was a great player for his time, but there were only 8 teams in the NBA when the Celtics starting winning back in the late 50s. Basketball was basically a club league back then. I grew up an Eagles fan in the 70s and never considered the Eagles to have won a championship until 2018. For the same simple and realistic reason Russell never won a championship. Not his fault...the NBA championship didn't exist yet in his day.

#34 12 months ago

Players today are soft by comparison, and it’s not even close

Hand checking and forearms in the back are a foul today. You can’t even breathe on guys today

If you are old enough you remember the Pistons of the late 80’s

A different era for sure today

#35 12 months ago

Ice,
    Welcome to Oakland. Get ready for another parade in the east bay. Warriors are lebron’s nightmare.

#36 12 months ago

Warriors should win easily. Lebron tired, love concussed.

#37 11 months ago

I am not a Lebron fan at all, but I don't hate him. The one thing that I get sick of, is that you can't watch a playoff game without it being the Lebron show. Before the game 7 start, is was all about him. Every replay is about him. All the commentary is about him. You come back from a commercial and its more about Lebron. Enough already. There are two other teams on the court, and they hardly focus on any of those players.

#38 11 months ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Warriors should win easily.

I would hope so, they have an All-Star lineup...Lebron has ?JR Smith and....? NBA should give Lebron a ring just for getting there with that team. Maybe next year the Warriors can pick up Harden and Westbrook to come off the bench so they don't have to go 7 games.

#39 11 months ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

I would hope so, they have an All-Star lineup...Lebron has ?JR Smith and....? NBA should give Lebron a ring just for getting there with that team. Maybe next year the Warriors can pick up Harden and Westbrook to come off the bench so they don't have to go 7 games.

I always love this all star team comment about the warriors. The warriors team is basically homegrown besides Durant. Curry pick number 7, Klay pick number 11 and Green in the second round. They got lucky and have been smart with their finances.

You want to see an all star team that is artificial look at the Miami Heat with LeBron or watch what he does this year after getting blown out in the finals. He wants another ring and knows the only way to get one is to assemble another team. He knows his current squad wouldn’t have made it out of the second round in the West.

#40 11 months ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

I always love this all star team comment about the warriors.

Lets see... Take the team with the best record in history 73-9 and add the second best player in the game because of a one-time loophole in the salary cap system. Not to mention that KD is a big pussy who left OKC to go to the team he lost to in the playoffs after being up 3-1. What you get is a team that should not be allowed to exist in this era of enforced parity and has too much talent to go around. Team play is out the door now. With the Rockets going 0-27 on 3-pointers and not to mention the amazingly biased referees who threw the momentum completely away from Houston and to Golden State; last night should have been a 50+ point win by Golden State. Chris Paul plays the last two games and Houston wins. To me the season is over at this point and Cleveland is the champion.

#41 11 months ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Team play is out the door now.

Discussed this with my dad at lunch today who coached with the Spurs, Nuggets and Sixers and played many years prior.

How you let guys come down and jack up 3 after 3, taking bad shot after bad shot is F ing amazing!!!

Celtics did it too down the stretch of their game. Total brickfest and lack of team play.

Golden State let Houston hang around by getting into that ridiculous ISO Bs with KD too much.

Move the F ing ball and make the defense work and get good shots, not that hard! Better team wins.

Btw, Lebron should only have 2 titles. They won a miracle game in San Antonio the year before they got blown out.

And even though i played and went to Texas i am not a fan of KD, respect the greatness though!

Lebron doesn't deserve shit for "getting there". He should by himself. The EAST absolutely BLOWS. That's why he will lose again in the finals.

#42 11 months ago

Honestly, watching the NBA is tough these days. The traveling, carrying, selfish play, etc.

I switched back and forth to see the Vegas Golden Knights get game one in hockey last night!

#43 11 months ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Lets see... Take the team with the best record in history 73-9 and add the second best player in the game because of a one-time loophole in the salary cap system. Not to mention that KD is a big pussy who left OKC to go to the team he lost to in the playoffs after being up 3-1. What you get is a team that should not be allowed to exist in this era of enforced parity and has too much talent to go around. Team play is out the door now. With the Rockets going 0-27 on 3-pointers and not to mention the amazingly biased referees who threw the momentum completely away from Houston and to Golden State; last night should have been a 50+ point win by Golden State. Chris Paul plays the last two games and Houston wins. To me the season is over at this point and Cleveland is the champion.

And when LeBron went to Miami that was not a loop hole or Shaq to the Lakers?

And if they are so dominant why would Chris Paul playing making a difference?

You watch another super team will be formed next year and it won’t be by adding one player. It will be multiple players agreeing to make a move. At least most of the warriors were drafted and we not number 1 picks. They all had question marks that turned out to be great players.

In sports sometimes you are the hammer sometimes you are the nail. I suffered for more than 20 years as a warrior fan. They finally drafted well after years of making decisions, like passing on Kobe Bryant for Todd Fuller, drafting Joe Smith number one over all and drafting Mike Dunlevey at all.

I am going to enjoy it while it is there because being the nail is always around the corner.

#44 11 months ago

The referees might as well be wearing Warriors jerseys. They are definitely their sixth man.

#45 11 months ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The referees might as well be wearing Warriors jerseys. They are definitely their sixth man.

Cavs got the screw job the last 2 minutes and JR didnt help at the end

#46 11 months ago
    Quoted from John_I:

If JR Smith had an f'n clue, Cleveland could have won the game. Glad Golden State won. F*c* Cleveland!

#47 11 months ago

Miss a gimme, rebound it, and have nearly five seconds to get the rock to your best player who is playing on fire for the game winning shot?

I’m not a Cavs fan but come on, at least make it interesting.
    That was weak sauce.

#48 11 months ago

Has there ever been a team in the finals that has had so much internal strife during/before the season.

Kyrie Irving wanting a trade.
    Their general manager David Griffith leaving.
    Isaiah Thomas calling out Kevin Love.
    Kevin Love rebounding then giving the ball to Isaiah sarcastically.
    JR Smith throwing soup on an assistant coach.
    Tristan Thompson and the Kardashian cheating thing which was tabloid fodder for months.
    Ty Lue panic attack.
    Derrick Rose tweeting about retiring out of the blue.
    Blowing up the team before the trade deadline.
    Rodney Hood not wanting to go in saying, "I'm Good" during the conference finals.
    Chris Paul rumored to talk to LeBron Tuesday about joining him in Houston next year. Even if it is a rumor, every city is putting up billboards courting him, that's got to be off putting for Cleveland fans.
    LeBron cryptic messages and icy relationship with the owner.

I realize the East is Least, and all of the other excuses we hear, but LeBron bringing this team to the finals is crazy.

The Warriors are frustrating this year to watch. They really have not been as engaged as they should be. The Phoenix game when Kerr let them coach themselves, the butt whipping Utah put on them, the techs by Green and Durant all year, have all just been a lack of focus. The 2017 Warriors would sweep the 2018 Warriors just based on focus and effort alone.

#49 11 months ago

Wow, didn't know about all the drama going on, have only had a casual interest in the playoffs this season.

It looks to me like GS has Cleveland significantly out-talented. Witnessing LeBron carry his team is pretty impressive. As a casual fan this season, that's about the only endearing thing that comes to mind with either of these teams. Seeing them get screwed over today with some suspect calls, makes them come across as even more of an underdog, so will cheer for them next game.

I'm curious to hear why anyone likes one team more than the other: neither have much appeal to me, so hoping to find something more to pique my interest.

#50 11 months ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

they have an All-Star lineup...Lebron has ?JR Smith and....?

JR...Ooof. Bummer

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 20.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 89.99
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 141 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside