(Topic ID: 28308)

NBA fastbreak switch question

By mattmain

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

The left and right switches in the back need to be changed. I ordered a couple but the ones i got
don't have a diode on them like the ones that are in the game already. Do I need a new diode or can I use the old one or do I need one at all? thanks fellas

#2 11 years ago

Order some new ones.....yes you need them, watch the the bands to make sure you have in correct direction. NBAFB is a great game!

#3 11 years ago

You can pick said diodes up at radio shack if you don't won't to wait

#4 11 years ago

Just move the old diodes over. The switches don't get hot and the diodes almost never go out. Move the diodes along with the wires to the new switches and you'll be fine.

#5 11 years ago

I found some I had left over and just replaced them. Forgot about the direction part until after i soldered the first one in. Got em both working and the game is back to fully functional except for the top left plastic in the backbox. The ball gets stuck because it isn't there. Gonna rig something till I can find one. This machine was very dirty and I can't believe how much smooth and faster it plays now that it has a couple coats of wax. People say it's a bad game but it's the one that has taught me how to catch balls and it holds a place in my heart. Thanks for the quick replies. Really appreciate it.

#6 11 years ago

It's a great game! The one I owned had some plastics rigged together in the backbox as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-switch-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.