Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I picked up NBA Fastbreak with the Shot Clock known to be not displaying. I've done minimal troubleshooting at this point but I wanted to have a thread regarding it since I didn't see anything in my search.

The only thing I've done so far is check the voltage which it is getting, but I need to check the manual for the proper voltage. I registered about 15vdc at the connector. I'm going to start checking the boards for simple stuff like continuity at the moment. There is a transistor on that board as well which I'm horrible at remembering how to check. I swear I have to look it up every time.

If anyone has any tips, please feel free to let me know.

#2 1 year ago

does it display anything at all?

#3 1 year ago

It displays nothing. I checked the voltage and it's supposed to be 12v, but it's coming in at 15v. In my opinion that's too high, but I'd think that it should still display?

I found a crispy resistor on the Power Driver board, R249. But that looks like it's in the circuit for the Coin Counter. Although, I could have read that schematic wrong.

I checked continuity on the LED board (not the one with the displays) where the header is and continuity seemed good. I can reflow the header, but I doubt that's the issue at this point.

#4 1 year ago

So far I've reflowed the headers on the LED display and driver boards with no luck yet.

#5 1 year ago

I just checked voltages.

Pin 1 - 12v (unregulated?) - 15v [mine]
Pin 2 - Ground - Good
Pin 3 - Blank
Pin 4 - Shot Clock Enable (12v) - 11v [mine]
Pin 5 - Shot Clock Count (12v) - 11v [mine]

So as far as I can tell, everything is coming in the way it is supposed to, so I'd say I can relegate the problem to either the display or the driver board which they have listed as solenoid #39 and #40.

All of the header pins on J1 & J2 (the connector that directly connects both boards, 16 pins.) had 11v going to them except for the grounds.

#6 1 year ago

possibly just the display

#7 1 year ago

i think theres a display up on ebay now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Suffield, CT
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside