You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

I will add this... If it is adding points while holding the ball on the flipper I think you can narrow it down to the hoop (most likely) or the ramps (least likely) as there are only a few ways to score points in that game.

1 week later
#8 6 years ago

There is an opto across the hoop (you can see them near the bottom of the clear hoop plastic, they attach to the metal base plate) that if it is misaligned could be just off enough to give you the apparent break to score points. With the glass off, go into the switch test and look for the hoop opto switch. I would then see if a small nudge of the ramp is enough to trigger the switch. If that triggers the switch in the test, align the optos and repeat trying to trigger it with the ramp movement. Once they stop triggering the switch with ramp movements I would see if your problem has cleared up.

2 weeks later
#12 6 years ago

That foil or tape around the basket could easily block the opto, making the game think a ball is always going through the basket. That is also manifested with the knocks down the freethrow call-out when passing by that gate (picture two). That gate is hooked up to a coil to act as a diverter when you have in the paint lit. When in the paint is lit the coil turns on and keeps the gate from opening making the ball bounce into the pass holes rather than continuing around and up the ramp leading to the right flipper. The switch error you are getting, I think, is from the right inlane roll over switch. That will cause other issues on your game, but not anything you have described. It is normally a sticky switch, I have fixed them in the past by cleaning them, but is a temporary fix and normally is replaced soon after. Check to make sure that you don't see any broken wires coming from that switch. Do you know how to get into the switch test menu?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-keeps-adding-points?tu=Apex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.