You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4054 (resized).jpg
IMG_4056 (resized).jpg
IMG_4058 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi there, I have just tried to see how to make one of the "hinged" gates to open. It seems like something is missing in this area. It´s in the right top corner of the playfield and it can only stay closed - anyone knows how to check the function of this "gate" and how to test it? I can see there is a spring - just "standing" and I can imagine that something should activate the "gate" so it possible to shoot up this ramp. I have tried to attach some pictures- I hope it makes sense? Thx / Jesper

IMG_4054 (resized).jpgIMG_4054 (resized).jpgIMG_4056 (resized).jpgIMG_4056 (resized).jpgIMG_4058 (resized).jpgIMG_4058 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Solinoid test looks complete with what i can see

#3 3 years ago

john17a Hi there - thx for your feedback - could you pls explain a little more?

#4 3 years ago

Do you have the manual. I don’t own this game. You may want to see if there are any diagrams in the manual on this function. Best bet someone with the game can look at their. Definitely a mechanical issue.

#5 3 years ago

I had the same question/issue when I purchased the game. On the top side of the playfield, that spring attaches to the gate, then open/closes as part of game play. You can test it within the menu test area.

#6 3 years ago

thx Kredmore - if you have a chance to take a picture of how it looks on your machine - it would help me a lot - it have never worked - so I just want to figure out if something is missing and do you know what is activating/opening the gate? are there any sensors that should activate it? NBA Fastbreak

#7 3 years ago

alexanr1 thx a lot - yes I just got a message from another member Kredmore - who´s got the same model - I hope I will find the solution. Thx for your response! Jesper

#8 3 years ago

See this post, same question you have. This should help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nbafb-owners-club/page/5#post-4889207

then see this post, I answered my own question...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nbafb-owners-club/page/5#post-4891758

#9 3 years ago

sorry mate ..,, go to solinoid tests if you are getting power to coil there there will be some indication of this if not power issue if there is power spring broken gate stuck spring stretched ,,,,download the manual

1 week later
#10 3 years ago

JD01519 - Did you solve it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.