(Topic ID: 44464)

NBA FASTBREAK is in the house....finally a pin my kids will play a lot!

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

So far....spent two hours with them last night on it.....

I got this pin from Pinitration and you wouldn't know it's ever been played before and looks it came right out of the box..my WPT from Brannon looks almost as good too...

Those that have it, the call outs and old 90's players really bring me back and I wish someone would make an updated version of the teams and player software...that would be cool

#2 11 years ago

I really like it. I've had it for one week now, and my high score has been 136.

I'm starting to get in touch with the rules, and I suspect I'll be winning a ring soon..

#3 11 years ago

I'm currently shopping 2 of these for a local operator.

I find the game quite fun - has that "just one more game" feeling when a game is over.

Remember to try the midnight mode!

Dont like the exit from below the pop-bumpers - results in a drain too often!

#4 11 years ago

First night I had it I waited up for Midnight Madness mode...

I was too drunk to fully appreciate it, but I did play through it, and even in my altered state, I thought it was pretty cool...

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from mr-zed:

Remember to try the midnight mode!

Haven't seen the midnight mode? What the heck is it!

Quoted from tamoore:

I really like it. I've had it for one week now, and my high score has been 136.

That's really good, I've got about a dozen games on it, my kids are hogging it, and 85 is my high score so far...

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's really good, I've got about a dozen games on it, my kids are hogging it, and 85 is my high score so far...

Start a game around midnight. Lose the first ball after midnight, and the next ball will start a 'midnight madness' multiball round...

Seems to be a Gomez specialty...

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just set the time and play the game around midnight, and you'll see!
(Or set the time 2 minutes before midnight and start a game)

#8 11 years ago

I didn't know it had the Midnight Madness mode when I bought it and one of my first games on it happened to be at midnight so it was a pleasant surprise.
I nudge the machine to the right just as the ball drops out of the pops. Problem is when the ball comes out of their too fast to nudge.

#9 11 years ago

Great family game, just got it a couple of weeks ago too for the kids. A surprise feature for us was that the game keeps the high score for each team (29 total). This results in the kids trying to own all their favorite teams and really try to get their initials up on the list. With so many teams, there is more opportunity to "get your initials into the game". The boys are always checking to see if someone took one of their teams. With us living in Indiana, the Pacers is the most coveted team.

Lots of fun. I too have been trying to adjust something so the exit from the pops is not a drain. We have been averaging about 50 pts per game and have a top score of 125.

Jesse

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

A surprise feature for us was that the game keeps the high score for each team (29 total). This results in the kids trying to own all their favorite teams and really try to get their initials up on the list. With so many teams, there is more opportunity to "get your initials into the game". The boys are always checking to see if someone took one of their teams. With us living in Indiana, the Pacers is the most coveted team.

I know, the kids love this, one of my daughters is out there right now trying to set the high score on different teams, I know she is serious when she pulls up the bar stool and takes a seat to play!

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

Great family game, just got it a couple of weeks ago too for the kids. A surprise feature for us was that the game keeps the high score for each team (29 total). This results in the kids trying to own all their favorite teams and really try to get their initials up on the list. With so many teams, there is more opportunity to "get your initials into the game". The boys are always checking to see if someone took one of their teams. With us living in Indiana, the Pacers is the most coveted team.

Lots of fun. I too have been trying to adjust something so the exit from the pops is not a drain. We have been averaging about 50 pts per game and have a top score of 125.

Jesse

I am glad you are having fun. I have enjoyed the RS a bunch.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I am glad you are having fun. I have enjoyed the RS a bunch.

We miss the RS, but having a new game has been fun.

Thanks!

#13 11 years ago

NBAFB is completely underrated. Should be a top 100 pin.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from mr-zed:

Dont like the exit from below the pop-bumpers - results in a drain too often!

Put some beer foam on the left side of the exit from the pops, right under the bottom pop bumper on the ball guide, it makes a world of difference! See placement here:

http://gallery.metahugh.com/main.php?g2_itemId=34641&g2_imageViewsIndex=2

#15 11 years ago

What is the jerk doing sending pins down from this area. What a sell out!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Oh yeah, one more down south for good!....

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

Put some beer foam on the left side of the exit from the pops, right under the bottom pop bumper on the ball guide, it makes a world of difference! See placement here:
http://gallery.metahugh.com/main.php?g2_itemId=34641&g2_imageViewsIndex=2

Hmm. I'll have to try this. Thanks for the tip.

#18 11 years ago

As a beer lover what is "beer foam".....the only kind I know is from a beer tap!

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh yeah, one more down south for good

Send us lots of good chorizo and all will be well.

#20 11 years ago

Will do....And all kinds of good mexican food...going to get some good ole tamales right now!

#21 11 years ago

NBAFB is a tabular game, good score.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

good improvement, thanks for the idea

#23 11 years ago

I'm glad you and your kids are enjoying the game!

Quoted from captainadam_21:

Sorry Adam. I didn't know that was against the rules LOL! Never fear, I am bringing some games back from MGC tomorrow.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I didn't know that was against the rules LOL! Never fear, I am bringing some games back from MGC tomorrow.

Bring back some reasonably prices system 11 machines.

#25 11 years ago

Educational too kids will learn from the questions asked from pin. Nice game Iceman

#26 11 years ago

210 and won trophy multiball for my first ring this morning!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

210 and won trophy multiball for my first ring this morning!

Wow, ok something for me to shoot for now! Nice job....I do have an advantage over my kids because I can add 10 points for getting all those trivia questions right, haven't stumped me yet...

It's funny to see Jason Kidd in a Suns uniform, Detlef Schrempf, Penny Hardaway on the trans lite....great call outs for me too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 37.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-is-in-the-housefinally-a-pin-my-kids-will-play-a-lot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.