Screenshot_20240421-180408-054 (resized).png
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
IMG_2613 (resized).JPG
IMG_2623 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Well I've completely cleaned and re-lubed the motor gears and still nothing. So I assume I've killed the motor by moving it by hand

Check your fuses.... You might be lucky and just blew a fuse.

8 months later
#280 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Never noticed this sound on mine

I am running two head to head with the latest rom, and both of them DO make this sound.

2 weeks later
#302 4 years ago

Great, I have two linked Fastbreaks, this is gonna get expensive quickly.

3 weeks later
#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

This standup snapped off A-17793-3. Anyone have a line on one?[quoted image]

I believe the only place that has them is overseas. I just finished a restore on one of my two fastbreaks a couple of weeks ago and after about the 10th game, that exact target snapped in half on mine. I swapped out all of them to orange, and actually like the orange look better. The only problem was that Pinball life only had the rectangluar orange and Marco only had the round orange, so I had to order them from two different places.

#364 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Pinballlife.com has them instock now circle and oblong in orange. Put them on mine and cant complain. I know purple is the original color but its a solid option.

Son of a..... I literally just ordered last week and they were out. Damn you Terry! LOL

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Guys, its not for my game but the original part number has different mounting according to Marco's image. The playfield mounting is perpindicular to the switch.
unless the photo is just wrong?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-17793

The photo appears to be wrong. I ordered and installed all three of the orange ones and they were all correct.

2 weeks later
#378 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I feel like these flashers are very bright and go off a lot. Any suggestions on dimming them down somehow?

Has it been converted to LED flashers? If so, convert the flashers back to incandescent. LED flashers are blinding in this game.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Yup. Just swapped then to incandescent. Still pretty bright.

You could put a small piece of electrical tape vertically on the bulbs on the side facing the player. That should knock down the direct light coming right at you.

2 weeks later
#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

I'm looking to replace this plastic on top (sits back left in the playfied), so see this https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-2810-6a.html, and when I order from another place, the replacement comes and looks like the bottom. I look around the web and the bottom looks like the part most common, so then what do I have currently??? Some one-off part? I'm asking the person I bought it from too. Just kind of weird. Maybe someone else can take a look at what they have......[quoted image]

I just restored one and I am restoring another one right now. Both are identical.

6FF56E0D-32F3-4ECD-BB9A-FAF3B2A3601B (resized).jpeg6FF56E0D-32F3-4ECD-BB9A-FAF3B2A3601B (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#464 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Anyone have any fastbreak cabinet decals they would sell me? Really need the head decals and if I can't find those I'm going to have to buy the whole set and apply. Thanks

You can contact Pete at RetroRefurbs. He would probably sell just the head decals.

3 weeks later
#486 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Hello everyone. Joined the club a few days ago. Just a bad diode on player #4 bulb and the ball launch switch was the wrong way so the lockbar wouldn’t fully lock and the switch was shorting sometimes but fixed those and all good. Fun game.
I do have a question I found in the thread that didn’t seem to get a solid answer. When lifting the translite? or whatever it’s called in this case, there is something fighting it getting it up over the speaker panel. The lock is definitely cleared but it feels like maybe near where the flipper solenoid is. I (never again) tried removing with the game on when I first got it fired up and whatever happened back there caused a reset. Lifted again and another reset. Powered down and finally got it out but every time is a chore. Wondering if there is a secret way to get it out I’m missing? I’m a little worried if something is hitting back there I’ll break of a capacitor or something.

Can you take a picture of the front and back of your translite? Especially where the molding on the edges meets the translite? I suspect you may have the wrong molding on it. I have had a couple with the wrong molding and the behavior is as you describe.

There is a specific thicker molding that isn't as tall, that is needed for this translite and tub.

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

So on further inspection after work, the solenoid on the back box flipper has a rubber protector of some sort that is coming against the cabinet audio amp at u6. You can see where’s it’s discolored.
It’s the correct solenoid on the flipper, thought maybe it was changed to larger. So it has to be forced and when I do get it on they are right up against each other. Little scary. I took a picture holding it with the speaker panel down.
Does what I have matchup with standard? Do you guys have clearance?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I haven't cracked open my fastbreak to compare, but looking at your photos, I would spin the coil 180 so your lugs are up by the middle of the mech.

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I haven't cracked open my fastbreak to compare, but looking at your photos, I would spin the coil 180 so your lugs are up by the middle of the mech.

The manual is showing the orientation that I am describing...

Screenshot_20200608-213223 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200608-213223 (resized).png
1 month later
#563 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Me again (new to the game, just picked one up last weekend)...
Every time I try to “pass right” from the 2-spot to the 3-spot, the ball doesn’t make it over. Coil seems to be firing fine...in test mode without a ball there doesn’t seem to be any noticeable ‘weakness’. Any ideas where to start on adjustment?
Also getting a lot of air-borne balls launched off the right ramp. Is this ‘normal’? Live with it, or is there something available to help cut down on these?

You can loosen the screws to slightly move the coil so the plunger strikes it more squarely.

Airborne from the right ramp entrance or airborne from the shooter lane to the right ramp?

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from curban:

Airborne from the right ramp entrance.

—yes, that is what I’m experiencing. Left flipper sends the balls flying. Backhand from right doesn’t cause any problems. Was just wondering if there were any good mod solutions.

A lot of times when these get shopped, the ramps are put on too tightly. In the picture below, I would loosen the two screws (circled in red) so they have just enough tension to hold the ramp. Also, many of the Williams games of this era had green foam under the ramps (I drew a green line) to keep the bend from being too steep in the metal flap. If loosening the screws doesn't fix it, you can add some foam under there to help it out as well.

For the record, I pitch my games super steep and they play super fast, and my left flipper never causes a jump at this entrance.

Screenshot_20200715-131254 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200715-131254 (resized).png
#571 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

Usually when it happens for me is at ball launch. It will bounce back towards the ramp so it’s not moving fast. Settles there.

Just was showing where it happens. Since those of us with the issue didn’t have the service bulletin done and you guys with the nut don’t have it hang up then that’s the fix. I’ll get mine replaced sometime. But as I mentioned on mine it happens rarely so far. I’ll need to remember to check out service bulletins when I get a game. Thanks.

I have the same post. I pulled the rubber off and just have the clear post. I have never had a ball get stuck in over 2 years of ownership.

2 weeks later
#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

From Russia with love!
[quoted image]

Let us know how it fits.... I actually bought two of them from Russia a few months ago and the bottom hole didn't align with the mount, and I had to dremel down part of the very bottom to keep it from rubbing against the playfield.

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I asked a ways back but need to ask again in trying to solve some things.
Can someone check in switch test if your defender optos are normally open or closed. Mine are normally open.
I’m guessing that’s ok since I don’t get any errors but I do have some weird things during games I’m trying to hunt down and want to verify since manual says (and all optos I’ve seen) are normally closed.
Also while in test do you get this extra dot appearing when defender center lock position opto is active? No idea what it is.
[quoted image]

Defender is always open. There is a bent metal tab that passes through each opto.

7 months later
#725 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is it just me or is the translite panel really difficult to remove on this game. Mine doesn't want to be removed at all, unlocking the backbox gives me less than an inch of space to move it up to remove

One thing to check.... Make sure you have the right trim for your backbox panel. This game and a couple of others used a different trim for the completely enclosed tub design of the backbox panel. I have had to replace every fastbreak I have had because of the wrong trim.

That all being said, I have two fastbreaks, and am scaling down to one. If anyone wants to get into the club and has something to trade, let me know!

Machine - For Sale
NBA Fastbreak Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Completely tore this machine down in 2019, and it has collected dust in my basement since the restore. The basics- Full teardown, new cabinet decals, new legs/levelers, brand new ...”
2021-03-12
Sullivan, WI
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 603 times

2 months later
#758 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

I'm trying to track down some replacement lamp sockets. I've tried ordering new replacements from several sources, and none fit. The contacts aren't wide enough and don't reach the pads on the PCB. I'll include an image of the bad new ones and the good originals. Anybody here have some extras they don't need? DM me know how much! Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

How many do you need? I can check my used parts stash... I probably have 15-20, but I would have to look, it has been a long time....

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

I don't need any more than that. Would gladly take whatever ya got. Lemme know!

I will check tonight and let you know. I am pretty sure they were from a spare Lethal Weapon 3.... but they should work.

11 months later
#869 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Still looking for a linked header for my two NBAFB's. Hoping someone can help. Had a lead on the artwork file, unfortunately the owner has gone silent and no longer returns messages.

I have one I bought from a Pinsider here that I am not going to use now. I can probably get a shipping estimate overseas if you are interested.

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

That would be great, thank you. Is it a decal that can be rolled up, or is it adhered to a board of some sort?

Rolled decal. You would have to create a mount for it. I am fighting the flu right now, but when I am feeling a bit better I will grab some pics for you.

1 week later
#878 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thank you. How would you describe the quality of the print/artwork? Hope you feel better soon.

Okay, was able to get back to where I have the header decal stored. Here are some pics of it unrolled on my ping pong table. It is very nice quality, and is a decal. If I were still doing my head to head project, I would be mounting this on lexan and then backlighting it for maximum effect. Plenty of ways to mount it though.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

20220428_002039663_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002039663_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002048112_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002048112_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002052395_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002052395_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002056779_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002056779_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002100062_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002100062_iOS (resized).jpg
#882 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

ralphwiggum did you receive my PM?

Yessir… pm responded to…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.