IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Hey guys - just making a repro part announcement. We began making repro MRS' (as found in NBAFB - there are 7 - in fact, the most in a WMS pin) in mid-2019 - but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and didn't want to get overrun with orders). We've been branching out to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in CV, SC, NGG, SW EP1 and CC ...MRS' went unobtanium half a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. Our MRS is plug/play - it is lighter, thinner and more sensitive (which we've found is key when playfields have clear-coats applied!) than the original MRS. You can see a pic of the repro MRS solo and in a lineup with an original Williams MRS, a Sega MRS (used in Maverick, Space Jam and SWT) and a repro M&M Creations MRS. The wait list was caught up so time to help more folks...just PM if interested!
Matt & Dan[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have these listed in a separate post and what is the price please?

1 year later
#721 3 years ago

Recently joined the club with my 2nd Fastbreak, hoping to set them up side-by-side sometime soon and link them.

Does anyone have the art files for the 3 piece topper? Or the link banner? Hoping someone can help.

6 months later
#793 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Added speaker panel stickers today. It looks better than I thought. I also bought some magnetic aprons that do not fit at all.
So I would say yes to the speaker panel sticker but don't waste your money on the magnetic apron.
[quoted image]

Any chance you could have your header scanned please, even in sections? I have been trying to locate one for my games without any luck.

2 weeks later
#803 2 years ago

Update: Just received revised aprons. Fits perfectly. Highly recommend Wizard Mods.
[quoted image]

Nice setup marioparty34 where did you source your link header?

#805 2 years ago

Thanks! I love playing head to head.
I bought the two chips online and made the connection myself. I think the hardest part was finding the chips. One of the chips is no longer in production. You can look at the manual to see which ones you need. Let me know if you need help.

Thank you. I have the chips required. I was wondering where you found your header/topper that spans both games?

2 months later
#836 2 years ago

Still looking for a linked header for my two NBAFB's. Hoping someone can help. Had a lead on the artwork file, unfortunately the owner has gone silent and no longer returns messages.

3 months later
#863 2 years ago

Still looking for a linked header for my two NBAFB's. Hoping someone can help. Had a lead on the artwork file, unfortunately the owner has gone silent and no longer returns messages.

#868 2 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

I got given a rough linked header. I don’t have the ability to scan this size of an item, and I’m not sure that the condition is a good starting place. I’ll post photos as soon as I receive them from my partner.

Great, thank you.

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have one I bought from a Pinsider here that I am not going to use now. I can probably get a shipping estimate overseas if you are interested.

That would be great, thank you. Is it a decal that can be rolled up, or is it adhered to a board of some sort?

#872 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Rolled decal. You would have to create a mount for it. I am fighting the flu right now, but when I am feeling a bit better I will grab some pics for you.

Thank you. How would you describe the quality of the print/artwork? Hope you feel better soon.

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

It seems you may have found one, 73. I just got these photos from my partner of the header that adorns our NBAFBs at the arcade.
The linked header was a Wonderful gift from a good friend of ours that had routed 2 linked NBAFBs. Of historical note, the game on the right was one of the games that sat under this very linked header when they were originally on route. Naturally I had gotten games on them when they were at that location. Pretty neat full circle NBA action.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting the photos! How is you header constructed, is is stiff cardboard, thin ply or sheet metal?

1 week later
#880 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Okay, was able to get back to where I have the header decal stored. Here are some pics of it unrolled on my ping pong table. It is very nice quality, and is a decal. If I were still doing my head to head project, I would be mounting this on lexan and then backlighting it for maximum effect. Plenty of ways to mount it though.
If you are interested, shoot me a PM.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. PM incoming.

#881 1 year ago

ralphwiggum did you receive my PM?

2 months later
#924 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Received an order from pinballspareparts Australia.
For some reason the backbox plastics there are $22 for one set or in bulk at $11 each if you buy two sets.
The good news in that i installed a new set for my broken ones and to brighten them all up.
The bad news is both sets have the same one missing. I didn't need that one (second one up on the right curving towards the top), so it wasn't the end of the world, i just polished that one up.
Second time i ordered from them. Took like two weeks, but holy crap did i save alot of money compared to US prices.

EDIT: Found them.

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Skimmed through the thread and didn't spot this being discussed, but most people i spoke to here about NBA have said that there aren't many around because people bought them cheap and turned them into Medieval Madness machines.
This doesn't make sense to me, there were a stack of MM made and then remade and the costs of getting all new mechs, cab art, backglass etc doesn't add up to just buying a used MM. Seems like an urban myth.
Can anyone shed some actual factual light on this rumour?

Quite a number of NBAFB's were converted to MM. There was a period of time after WMS closed their Pinball Division and Stern turning out very ordinary playing games, saw the used game market dry up, especially for the top end machines. If they were available, they commanded a very high price. This drove some to convert NBAFB's to MM just due to the price difference alone. Back then it was hard to sell an NBAFB, quite a number got scrapped just for the boardset alone, as they were also very hard to find at a reasonable prices.

Here in Australia, Mark.C had a number of NBAFB's converted due to his availability of WMS parts.

Parts availability has come along way since those dark days. That and the remakes have driven prices down considerably.

#933 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

So is there historical info on this stuff, besides a retheme thread?
It's an ace story, adds to the mystique and the rarity.

You could try searching through old threads, but that time in question may pre-date Pinside. There maybe some evidence found on RGP.

Most resellers that did this, weren't exactly forth coming that those games were converted. Remember, they were attempting to sell these games to unsuspecting buyers or those just desperate to own the game and price tag was >$10k, which was a huge amount back then for any pinball machine.

That was a time when some MM's were fetching 3x that of a NIB game from Stern. If it was a HEP restored game, sometimes even more! The game was in massive demand and supply had almost dried up, and what was for sale fetched huge money.

The few conversions I saw at Mark.C's back in the day weren't high on quality workmanship, like a HEP restore. They all sold though, for crazy amounts.

Prior to the conversions, which all relied on reproduction playfields being available, resellers would buy NBAFB's cheap, sub $1k, sometimes for as little as $600 - $800 AUD. As they were a very cheap source of WPC-95 boardsets.

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

I am used metal edges to place it on back box.

Do you sell just the decals for the toppers? Do you have the link kit topper artwork?

5 months later
#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from chriz99:

Thank you Terry, will try the gm16c450 Goldstar chip and report back when everything works
cheers Chris

Any links to where the Goldstar IC is available to purchase?

#1005 1 year ago
Quoted from chriz99:

found it on ebay, search for goldstar gm16c450

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club?tu=pinballer73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.