Screenshot_20240421-180408-054 (resized).png
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
IMG_2613 (resized).JPG
IMG_2623 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#482 3 years ago

Hi guys! Anyone in the MA/CT area looking to sell their Fastbreak?

1 week later
#502 3 years ago

I’m still on the hunt for an NBA Fastbreak for anyone in the MA / CT area. Gotta be someone out there

1 week later
#507 3 years ago

I finally found and bought the pin! I have a pop bumper I need to replace...the one under the right ramp ugh...

Speaking of which, when would the ball ever flow through off the plunge to the back end of the right ramp? Seems like it always goes in the hole to the pop bumpers.

4EA354CE-6F6D-42D4-85C0-CC87228DC058 (resized).jpeg4EA354CE-6F6D-42D4-85C0-CC87228DC058 (resized).jpeg
#510 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Circled in orange is a curve in the launch that would prevent the ball going up the right ramp.
Circled in green are the pop bumpers, red x is the one I think you are referring to (you probably know this but your arrow made it confusing)
Blue lines are just hair for the green pop bumper man.
Do you know what is wrong with the pop bumper, did the seller tell you?
You may not have to take the ramp off, it may (most likely) be able to be repaired from underneath.
[quoted image]

My orange arrow was just pointing at the back end of the right ramp, which I do t know how the ball would ever make it there.

Your red x is the busted pop bumper. I don’t know the term, but it’s the metal ring that gets pulled down from the coil that needs to be replaced. The nut and thread that attaches to the yoke underneath PF broke so it’s both above and below playfield job.

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

That back end of the ramp is for a shot that comes around from the left and wraps around the back of the playfield. It then returns to the right flipper. Happens to start Alley-Oop. There is a gate at the entrance behind to the right of the basket so sometimes the ball is stopped to go in the paint.

Thanks that makes sense!

#513 3 years ago

For those of you that changed the bulb in the shooter button, what is the process? Do I need to remove the switch from the assembly first? Then what happens?

Plastic seems brittle so I do t want to screw up. Thanks for the help.

71DD9F8F-6EAC-4525-8990-2FE0EB9E9211 (resized).jpeg71DD9F8F-6EAC-4525-8990-2FE0EB9E9211 (resized).jpeg
#517 3 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

You just wiggle and pull on the whole thing. I’m always worried it will break but it hasn’t. Snaps back in to replace.
[quoted image]

Thanks. Got it. Then I had an issue putting the piece that holds the bulb back in flush. Had to push pretty hard with a screwdriver to get it to click in.

#539 3 years ago

Got two questions

1. The bottom line of my shot clock has gone out. Where would I start to try and fix this? I’m a newbie so please be as specific as possible.

2. My rollover switch where the ball comes out of the pop bumpers doesn’t make a noise upon exit. Seems like it only starts working after I smash the ball into it via the flippers. Switch works fine in test mode though.

What does this switch do anyway?

Below is a pic of the shot lock. Thanks everyone.

3F768460-F708-4B1E-9C65-E473EEFB05FF (resized).jpeg3F768460-F708-4B1E-9C65-E473EEFB05FF (resized).jpeg
#543 3 years ago

Anyone using pinblades on your Fastbreak? Was hoping to find some that had fans sitting in the seats or something to that effect but can’t seem to find any. I don’t care for the 1 or 2 pinblades that I’ve seen specific for this game. Was also thinking about mirror blades

Show me some pics of what you got!!

#546 3 years ago

Anyone know where this plastic goes? Can you please share a pic?

Thanks

236BE31C-4367-45F4-BF55-B48A947EADF6 (resized).jpeg236BE31C-4367-45F4-BF55-B48A947EADF6 (resized).jpeg
#548 3 years ago
Quoted from GroundControl:

From the red bumper under the center ramp to the left ramp.[quoted image]

thanks!

1 week later
#572 3 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

Hi Fastbreak Owners.
I just bought my first fast break and I’m having problems with the ball getting trapped at the left hand side of the shooter lane ramp (at the top). There is something missing and I’m not sure what it is... it was just an empty space with a screw going down through the ramp plastic, and the ball was getting trapped in the area so I’ve Remove the screw and put a post in there with an orange rubber on it, but it hasn't helped, now the ball just gets trapped behind it, against the lip where the ramp ends.
Can anyone offer me some advice please?[quoted image]

I only have a screw. No nut
F90F4417-5403-4B4C-8810-14C51284F3E8 (resized).pngF90F4417-5403-4B4C-8810-14C51284F3E8 (resized).png

Added over 4 years ago:

Realized I have the original post

#575 3 years ago

Wanted to show my machine. Man I love this game! Added a Rodman and Garnet starting lineup in the back, 4” led strip behind shot clock for more light, a 20” led strip in top rear, comet sunlight GI, fluted orange at outlines, led inserts, and trough lighting. ColorDMD is in future and have been contemplating mirror pinblades but that might be too much.

What has everyone else done!

22E05FBE-8D71-459C-9BC1-9E91F45261FE (resized).jpeg22E05FBE-8D71-459C-9BC1-9E91F45261FE (resized).jpeg2A446BF7-7243-48DF-9473-0017EF0FC475 (resized).jpeg2A446BF7-7243-48DF-9473-0017EF0FC475 (resized).jpeg48E7E51D-4A28-466C-9821-CC0C182D5C5A (resized).jpeg48E7E51D-4A28-466C-9821-CC0C182D5C5A (resized).jpegAC9911F2-6BAD-4FD8-95F5-0A69C6564739 (resized).jpegAC9911F2-6BAD-4FD8-95F5-0A69C6564739 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#578 3 years ago

From Russia with love!

A6B85734-88DB-4111-9052-86D08AE63ACF (resized).jpegA6B85734-88DB-4111-9052-86D08AE63ACF (resized).jpeg
#580 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Let us know how it fits.... I actually bought two of them from Russia a few months ago and the bottom hole didn't align with the mount, and I had to dremel down part of the very bottom to keep it from rubbing against the playfield.

Same here. I cut the bottom hole off. Basically near the top of his sneakers so the wheel spins freely. So he is only secured by the top two screws. Other than that it is good. The seller seems like a good dude. Quick communication

1 week later
#590 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

First attempt and making a cup holder for fastbreak. Here are a couple finished pics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great! I would gladly pay $30-$40 for one of those.

Maybe do a 1/8 weep hole at the bottom to air out condensation?

Well done!

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Thanks i appreciate it. Good call on a weep hole for condensation was uncertain if it needed one or not. Will definitely add that in sounds like i should and it wont hurt having it there anyways.
For those interested i will start a list

Interested!

#594 3 years ago

Mirror blades installed. Pinball decals.

37F62496-5C2C-4BB1-89BC-A2F803CAC68D (resized).jpeg37F62496-5C2C-4BB1-89BC-A2F803CAC68D (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#599 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Does anyone know where I can buy the cap screw for the blue rubber ball guide? Or what kind of screw it is?
Thanks for any leads![quoted image][quoted image]

Buy a few. Same screws for plastic defender as well

27BE442E-8F6A-49FF-9692-A288408F1BDB (resized).jpeg27BE442E-8F6A-49FF-9692-A288408F1BDB (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#617 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I need to make some more adjustments, but if people wanted one I guess I would. I just wanted to make it look better.

I would be interested if you are selling!

#618 3 years ago

Does anyone have an occasional issue with shooter #2 in the paint not getting the ball into the hoop? Sometimes it seems like there isn’t enough strength to get it up and over. Doesn’t seem like the ball is hitting the guide and losing power but I could be wrong. Guide is tight.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Recently my Player 3 (passing to the right) plunger stopped working. FYI- the shooting and the passing to the left plunger works perfectly.
Trying to troubleshoot, I swapped the entire assembly out with a known working one from another NBAFB. With the new one in, it will pass to the right, but very weakly....it just "dribbles out" (pardon the pun) to the right...and sometimes doesn't even drop in the Player 4 hole. The new assembly passes to the left and shoots perfectly just like the old one.
Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix it? What's confusing to me is I know the new assembly works perfectly so I don't think it is a coil or soldering issue with the right plunger.
Thanks!

Did you try adjusting the legs? Maybe it’s not leveled correctly.

Also for my previous post, I seemed to have fixed my shooter #2 issue by cleaning the plastic sleeve in the coil

1 month later
#674 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

So here are some pics of the machine. Trading for a excellent condition Nascar.
It is said to have a missing segments so a new segment display for the shot clock probably or if pins are bent or broken a new pin set soldered on. Also has a tiny bit of wear on the free throw insert. and the hoop looks to have been repaired. not sure where to find another. and the ball trough ball 2 opto is not working or has a alert for. BUT plays fine so somehow it doesnt matter if it sees ball 2 for what ever reason. said game plays fine right now tho could use a cleaning/shop and new rubbers.
thought on this trade? I was asking 3500 obo for my game and he's asking 3200 BUT I think mines not going to get 3k for it. BUT I see nba going for roughly same prices so fair trade in condition or perhaps asking for some cash on top or something? Since I am the one trading I do not think I would be able to get anything.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your missing the blue rubber by crazy bobs. Get that and fixed and your shot clock to maximize value.

#679 3 years ago

You will need the blue rubber, plate that holds it on, and the little screw. All can be found on Marcos. The screw is the same kind as the ones holding the plastic defender 4-40 1/4”

1 month later
#689 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Made a stencil and sprayed these basketballs on my speaker grills. Looks like they are meant to be there.
[quoted image]

Looks great!

#691 3 years ago

Hi all,

I am looking to trade my Fastbreak for a Last Action Hero or Getaway. Located in MA. Ad is posted in Market. If you know anyone let me know!

2 weeks later
#698 3 years ago
Quoted from chemscab:

Hi everyone! I just joined the club. I am currently knees deep in this thing and need a new defender plastic. Anyone have an extra one? I saw one is available from Russia on Ebay, but was hoping to get one sooner. Thanks

Russia is the only place I found it. He’s a good guy and a pinsider.

1 month later
#716 3 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hi guys! Can you give me some advice? I've played NBA maybe 3 times in my life so it's hard to say if I like it for a long time. Overall I like sports topics.
I'm wondering if it's worth buying it. My doubs are related to the fact that in the various ranks the pinball is in quite low position, I mean on Pinside 117 position, on IPDB 122 position. The most strange is that it is so low despite of the fact that basketball is so much popular in US. The WCS94 (World Cup Soccer 94) is much higher in ranks but soccer is probably not very known in United States.
What do you think? Will have I and my friends fun playing NBA? In the past American basketball was extremally popular in my country (when M. Jordan was playing).

My opinion it’s good in a 4+ pin collection. If you have kids or someone to play against it will probably have better longevity. My advice is not to set the game up too easy. It should be difficult to get a ring. I made the mistake of setting the game too easy with multiple extra balls awarded and found myself getting to trophy multi ball way too often. The game became boring after that. Although I only have room for a couple pins. If I had room for 5 pins I definitely would have kept it.

1 month later
#729 3 years ago
Quoted from wilsonza:

Anyone have opinions on mirrors vs art blades for NBAFB? If art, which are your favorites? Leaning towards mirrors ATM.

I had mirrors on mine. Looked amazing. You can never go wrong with mirrors

1 month later
#744 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Hey FB'ers! Question...I am trying to replace (well, add for the first time, I suppose...mine has been missing since I got it) the little guide bracket that holds the blue bumper bit by Crazy Bob's. I ordered a new bracket from Marco, but hell if I can figure out how to align it and make it work. Nothing looked right. Here's a couple pictures of what I've tried. Anyone have a decent image of that piece that might shed some light on it for me? Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Edit: I think it needs to be turned so the right angle of the bracket faces up to the lockout. Then I think you need to cut a bit off the bottom.

Your first pic is correct. I had same issue and just used a dremel to cut a little off the bottom. You could also use a hacksaw. I think another company sells the correct size. It’s somewhere in this thread.

1 week later
#752 2 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

I have a chance to buy a NBA fastbreak but it’s missing the left ramp diverter. Are those completely unattainable?

Very tough to find. I would suggest trying to contact everyone you find on eBay that is associated with this game to see if they have the part. I was able to get mine from some guy in Poland. I would not buy the game if you can’t find one

2 months later
#778 2 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Has anyone replaced the defender plastic?
I got a repro off eBay. When I put it on the holes don’t quite line up. And getting to the screw holes is nearly impossible. Might just have to take off the ramps but figured I’d check with the pros first.

I replaced mine. Got it from the guy in Russia. Good dude. I think I cut the bottom off because the holes did not line up. I was able to access the screw by moving the mech between the 3rd and 4th saucers

4 months later
#818 2 years ago
Quoted from roboclan:

hi guys
does anybody have a spare rebound diverter they want to part with
part no 04-10725 or can point me in the right direction
[quoted image]

Is yours broken or missing? If broken jb weld may work to bond it together

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club?tu=mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.