IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#427 3 years ago

Just joined the club! This is a great game!

20200423_000347 (resized).jpg20200423_000347 (resized).jpg
#431 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

nice game can you tell me what colour they went with on dennis rodmans hair? i going to put one in mine i think

Joka- Here you go. Rodman's hair is a nice canary yellow. The game really benefits from a colordmd. Highly recommended.

Resized_20200424_132327 (resized).jpgResized_20200424_132327 (resized).jpg
#433 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

love it! you sold me. you have lcd or led? im thinking led

LED all the way!

#446 3 years ago

Just got my first ring and was so close to a second. Does anything special happen when you get all the rings for every team?

1 week later
#454 3 years ago

I have been playing NBA FB for hours daily in my quest to get rings for all the teams. I noticed tonight that most of the time when I pass from 3 to 2...the ball rolls over to the 1 position - occasionally it stops at the 2. Most of the time the ball skips 2 and lands in 1 and then I have to pass the ball back from 1 to 2.

Is this normal? If not, how do I adjust it so that a left pass from 3 will consistently land in the 2 spot?

Thanks for any help.

#458 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies. It helps to know nothing is wrong with my machine.

2 weeks later
#469 3 years ago

For those of you with linked machines, can you please tell me where I can find detailed instructions how on to create the linking serial connector? Is there any place where I can just buy the it?

Thanks!

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Go to rec.games.pinball and search "nba link cable."
Seems like a good amount of info there.
There's also this. If this link works, scroll down to "how do I link my nba..."
http://web.archive.org/web/20070927201858/http://www.pinrepair.com/wpc/index3.htm#odd

Thank you for the links. What I don't know is where to buy the "head" of what goes here. Every time I search for Rs 232, it gives me the standard db15 pin layout. Where can I buy a 9 pin connector. I tried searching "molex" but I couldn't find it. Does the "head" go by a different name? If I had the parts, I think I could do it. I just don't know what those parts are called.

Thanks for any help.

rs232 (resized).jpgrs232 (resized).jpg
#473 3 years ago

#476 3 years ago

Does anyone have the file for the linked championship topper? If there isn't any NOS out there, maybe I could just get one printed. Thx!

4 weeks later
#516 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

The backglass bottom trim broke when I was removing the backglass from the game. I recently ordered from Marco Specialities a new set with the bottom being measured at 25 3/4" Part # 03-9420 without realizing the bottom Trim currently on the backglass measures 26 7/8". More than 1" longer... So, putting the new trim on will not overlap the Side Trims.
Can someone confirm if your bottom backglass trim is the same length as Part # 03-9420 (25 3/4") and not longer? Perhaps this is why it is tough to get this backglass out... Previous owner installed the wrong one?
Input appreciated.

Here is my measurement. It's under 26".

20200627_194227 (resized).jpg20200627_194227 (resized).jpg
#527 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think my defender is tough. I’d say it blocks me 50% of the time.

I would say I get blocked about 25%... Not a good feeling.

On a side note, putting my initials for the Bulls has become my life mission. I just can't make it to the third ring!

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from GroundControl:

I just found that to be false!!
I tried with glass off, playing as Bulls, got 3 rings and 498 points.
And I'm pretty certain what they missed when they tested it...
After 2nd around-the-world MB (where you always are if you won 2 rings) there is a new game rule: You have to be IN THE PAINT to light the 1234 lamps!!
If you just keep dropping the ball in the scopes they never light.
If you think about it, an easter egg like that would have made absolutely no sense, because it would mean the Bulls can never score higher than 2 rings, while every other team could.
ROM version 3.1.

Maybe this is why I can't seem to get the third ring!

3 weeks later
#576 3 years ago

While playing tonight, I realized that only my right (main) speaker was producing sound. I checked all the connections and they all looked good.

Not sure what to do next. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#587 3 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

First attempt and making a cup holder for fastbreak. Here are a couple finished pics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome! Good job!

1 week later
#598 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the cap screw for the blue rubber ball guide? Or what kind of screw it is?

Thanks for any leads!

20200817_220106_LI (resized).jpg20200817_220106_LI (resized).jpgIMGP0369_LI (resized).jpgIMGP0369_LI (resized).jpg
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Buy a few. Same screws for plastic defender as well
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#603 3 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

A local hardware store should also have those on hand. Just need to know the thread size, length, and pitch. From the Marco bag above the 4-40 is the size and pitch and 1/4" is the length.

I was going to place a large Marco order so I think I will just pick some up from them this time. Thanks!

1 week later
#608 3 years ago

I was finally able to pull it all together! Thanks to all the pinsiders who helped me. There is no way I would have been able to do it without everyone's advice/help.

But I wish someone would have warned me how addictive it is. All I want to do is to keep challenging people to games. It is so much fun!

20200828_214849 (2) (resized).jpg20200828_214849 (2) (resized).jpg
#610 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Very cool! Where did you find the topper?

Thanks! I think the topper really completes the look.

I got the topper as a hookup from another pinsider. I will let him chime in on this thread.

2 weeks later
#619 3 years ago

Recently my Player 3 (passing to the right) plunger stopped working. FYI- the shooting and the passing to the left plunger works perfectly.

Trying to troubleshoot, I swapped the entire assembly out with a known working one from another NBAFB. With the new one in, it will pass to the right, but very weakly....it just "dribbles out" (pardon the pun) to the right...and sometimes doesn't even drop in the Player 4 hole. The new assembly passes to the left and shoots perfectly just like the old one.

Any thoughts on what I need to do to fix it? What's confusing to me is I know the new assembly works perfectly so I don't think it is a coil or soldering issue with the right plunger.

Thanks!

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Did you try adjusting the legs? Maybe it’s not leveled correctly.
Also for my previous post, I seemed to have fixed my shooter #2 issue by cleaning the plastic sleeve in the coil

I adjusted the legs and that seemed to do the trick! So simple. Thx!

1 week later
#634 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Anyone want to beta test my design for me ( meaning I give it to you for free)? Before I sell any, want to make sure that it works for someone else and they're happy with it. Just post here if you are and I'll contact you. Thanks

I am game.

Thx!

4 weeks later
#665 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

How's the Color DMD?

A color dmd is a must for this game...especially when you win the championship!

#666 3 years ago

Just received KozMckPinball lollipop mod. They look awesome!

I played around with location and decided the shooter lane worked out best for me.

Just wished I had another set for my 2ND NBAFB linked one. (wink wink Mick)

Thanks!

20201027_134739 (resized).jpg20201027_134739 (resized).jpg20201027_134749 (resized).jpg20201027_134749 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#700 3 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Hi guys, I just installed 2 new plungers for both diverts that were shot, and used the opportunity to pull all the ramps out and clean everything real good. Installed that nice shot clock mod too.
I thought it all went back together well, but now I am finding the ball getting stuck in the 3 standoffs that support the clock to be a common occurrence if my hookshot ramp shots dont have enough juice to make it all the way around.
Is there a part back there that I missed in reassembly?

Can you provide a pic?

1 month later
#712 3 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

Thx for the link and I have those instructions.
Now the problem part is my machine does not have the linking IC chips and that post was from 6 years ago.
So putting on my newbie hat to electronics. What chips do I need to purchase? Does anyone have current upto date links?
I have no idea where to even start looking really and for that matter what suitable alternative chips will work.
Thx in advance

G'day Crafty!

I just went through the same journey you are on last year trying to link 2 NBAFBs. Everyone on this forum was really helpful to me.

Here are the two chips you need. I don't remember exactly if they are spec to what is in the manual as I believe one of the chips is no longer in production. But I can tell you 100% that these chips work to link them.

Good luck!

144494841_1097530990764933_6422081132816463901_n (resized).jpg144494841_1097530990764933_6422081132816463901_n (resized).jpg144884784_453570822468563_3484684736726828954_n (resized).jpg144884784_453570822468563_3484684736726828954_n (resized).jpg
#713 3 years ago

UPDATE:

Here is the link for one of them. https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/maxim-integrated/max239cng+/?qs=1THa7WoU59EsWoJbg5MpMA%3D%3D&countrycode=US&currencycode=USD

For the ST16c450, the guy I bought it from on ebay no longer stocks them. Sorry.

1 month later
#720 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is it just me or is the translite panel really difficult to remove on this game. Mine doesn't want to be removed at all, unlocking the backbox gives me less than an inch of space to move it up to remove

Mine is really tight too. I have to make sure the side guides for the translite panel is pushed all the way up and not necessarily "centered" on the panel.

2 weeks later
#731 3 years ago

I love mirror blades, but my for NBAFB I went with art blades. To me, it gives it more of a stadium venue feel seeing the fans in their seats.

20210327_215159 (resized).jpg20210327_215159 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#785 2 years ago
Quoted from F3TT:

Hi fellow owners, just joined the club. Quick question for you. This one is in really nice shape, and no credit dot. However, it does not let you pass the ball from hole to hole. It immediately shoots every time, so getting hole 4 completed is quite difficult. The software is 1.1, could that be the issue? I searched for this, but couldn't find anything on it. Any insight would be appreciated.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

You will only be able to pass in certain modes. If you are concerned that it is not working, you can always go to the menu test option and trigger the passing manually. That will tell you if everything is working correctly.

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from F3TT:

thank you! these switches were exactly what was wrong with mine. going to update roms too.

I was just going to respond you should check those switches and you beat me to it.

Glad you found the issue. Now you just need to find another NBA FB and link them!

3 weeks later
#791 2 years ago

Added speaker panel stickers today. It looks better than I thought. I also bought some magnetic aprons that do not fit at all.

So I would say yes to the speaker panel sticker but don't waste your money on the magnetic apron.

242771183_387831749595247_1413729798199787367_n (resized).jpg242771183_387831749595247_1413729798199787367_n (resized).jpg
#795 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I second that. Where do you buy those?

https://wizardmod.com/collections/nba-fastbreak-pinball-mods/products/nba-fastbreak-pinball-wizpanels

Update on the magnetic apron, they said they had the wrong template. So they will try to design a new one and ship to me. No idea how long it will take for them to design a new one.

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Any chance you could have your header scanned please, even in sections? I have been trying to locate one for my games without any luck.

Sorry I don't have a scan.

I bought the print from someone here on Pinside, but I can't remember who it was.

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

How do you remove the Bally logo on the existing panel or did you just place the sticker over the top?

I didn't remove the logo. It lays over the logo just fine.

2 weeks later
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

I can't speak for this part, but I have some experience with WizardMods service. They have been top notch so far. I have purchased for 6 Stern games now and one of the orders came with black magnet stuff melted in shards within the packaging. Impacting some of the graphics. They replaced the entire $400 order immediately no argument. Arrived as usual in about 10 days, since this is overseas. Now I have two sets. I'm about to pick up an NBA FB set myself, so hopefully they get the template right. If you don't mind, keep us posted! Thx

Update: Just received revised aprons. Fits perfectly. Highly recommend Wizard Mods.

20211013_125858 (resized).jpg20211013_125858 (resized).jpg
#804 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Nice setup marioparty34 where did you source your link header?

Thanks! I love playing head to head.

I bought the two chips online and made the connection myself. I think the hardest part was finding the chips. One of the chips is no longer in production. Here is what worked for me.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/15#post-6115058

Let me know if you need help.

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thank you. I have the chips required. I

Thank you. I have the chips required. I was wondering where you found your header/topper that spans both games?

Pm'ed

6 months later
#862 1 year ago

Did you set up each pin #1 and #2 respectively?

#865 1 year ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

I did the install the player 1 and 2 respectively on each game via the Utilities menu.

Have you tried reversing which pin is 1 and which pin is 2?

Its been a while since I set up mine, and I vaguely remember it was important how the cable that connects them is run (which end goes to which pin)

3 months later
#943 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

No I don’t have it

I will take 2 please.

7 months later
#1025 1 year ago
Quoted from Silverballmania:

Hello,
I finally have 2 NBAs and am in the process of trying to link them. I am getting the "waiting for link" message. I have read multiple other cases of this and couldn't tell for sure what the fix ended up being, but believe the issue to be with U25. I ordered the one from Jameco TL16C550CN that is referenced on pinwiki and other posts. Is the Goldstar GM16C450 the correct replacement? Is this what ended up fixing the other "waiting for link" issues?
Here is the rest of what I have tried.
-I have tried 2 different length cables. I thought the first one might have been too long. I have pins 1 to 1, 2 to 3, and 3 to 2.
-I have assigned the left one as 1 and right one as 2 and left as 2 and right as 1
-Both are 3.1 and sound 3.0
-I added the MAX239CNG from mouser in U22
Is there something else I am missing? Thank you for any help with this. I can't wait to play some head to head!

Have you tried reversing which is Pin 1 and which is Pin 2?

#1027 1 year ago

I have in the settings yes.

Sorry, I read your initial post too quickly. You already stated that.

So are you able to start and play a non linked game on both machines separately?

If so, you may want to try this one instead... ebay.com link: itm

Startech ST16C450CP and Max239CNG are the ones in mine.

#1037 1 year ago

Ok so I successfully got them linked! I’m just adding this post for others to reference in the future. The issue was with U25. I had originally tried the one from Jameco TL16C550CN and was getting the “waiting for link”. Once I swapped it for Startech ST16C450CP they are now successfully linked! Thank you marioparty34 for helping point me in the right direction! Next mission. Does anyone have high resolution linked header photos?

Congrats! So glad that worked!

I don't have any high res photos, but I did buy a print from someone in this thread. I can't recall who it was, but I can research if you'd like.

Pinside_forum_5821424_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_5821424_0 (resized).jpg
10 months later
#1172 72 days ago

Hey NBA Fans,

I came across a problem I cannot solve. So I have 2 NBA FBs linked up. I decided to do a quick shop job on them both this weekend. After which, I played a few games on each.

I noticed that it takes a different number of Jet Bumper hits to activate the Power Point modes for each pin. For example, one of them only needs 20 to start Hook Shot, while the other one takes 40 bumper hits. So I went into their respective menus to see if I could set them on the same. Easiest thing to do was set them both on Easy Preset and see what happens. But even after both were set on the same preset, the number of bumper hits were still different.

I looked at the manual and here is what it says:

"ln order to compensate for game-to-game variation in Jet Bumper response, the award levels are based on a percentage of the average number of Jet Bumper hits made per game played. The minimum average number of Jet Bumper hits is five. The first Power Points award is always given at 1% of the average number of Jet Bumper hits per game. All Power Points awards following the first are based on a percentage of the average number of Jet Bumper hits per game and the difficulty adjustment. The start of Power Hoops modes are based on a percentage of the average number of Jet Bumper hits per game and the difficulty adjustment. "

So does this mean if I have longer games on one of them (and hence more pop bumper hits) it will take longer to move through the Power Point modes? I feel like I should have the ability to adjust it. I have no idea how this will affect head 2 head game play.

I did consider doing a factory reset to bring the number back down to 5, but then I would lose all my rings/scores. Plus eventually it will get to the same point as it is now as I tend to favor one of them more than the other.

Any advice?

#1175 72 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Just a thought but if I'm reading that right, the "variation in Jet Bumper resposne" jumps out at me. Since you have two games I would expect the games to be out of sync if (probably) even one of the pop switches was less sensitive than the other game. Maybe pull the glass on both games and roll a ball around in the pops and compare the reaction. Another thing, are all of the wafers not chipped? A chipped wafer can reduce switch sensitivity. Again just a thought.

Yes. You are 100% correct. One of the pins had less sensitive pop switches than the other (which I have now corrected)

The weird thing is the less sensitive pop switch pin is the one I need more hits on. I think that can be explained by the fact that is the pin I play all my solo games on.

I really wish there was an easy way to reset them to be the same without losing all my rings.

#1176 72 days ago
Quoted from Santis:

Go to setting. Look for easy medium or as any other settings. Is in setting an adjustment. Goid luck.

I installed the presets to be the same and that didn't work. I also can't find a setting specifically for the pop bumpers/power points.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club?tu=marioparty34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.