IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
nba5 (resized).jpg
IMG_9189 (resized).png
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#182 5 years ago

I picked up a nbafb today so I am in the club! Any suggestions on what led bulbs work best for the GI and the backbox?

#185 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions

1 week later
#187 4 years ago

I wound up going with warm white for all of the G.I. and color matching non ghosting inserts. I also put in red and orange titan rubbers throughout. It cleaned up really nice to almost new condition. It was a good find for me, probably the nicest cleanest 90s pin I have ever picked up. All I have left to do is replace the blue rubber near the left saucer. I have the rubber part but I do not have the hardware to attach it. Can somebody tell me what I use?

7805FE20-A3B3-4F73-BBDB-C6C05A258D50 (resized).jpeg7805FE20-A3B3-4F73-BBDB-C6C05A258D50 (resized).jpeg9AC36A56-6242-4FAA-9AEA-9D01B5AC2545 (resized).jpeg9AC36A56-6242-4FAA-9AEA-9D01B5AC2545 (resized).jpegD8C0F80E-74D2-4CCF-9875-5D0253F55428 (resized).jpegD8C0F80E-74D2-4CCF-9875-5D0253F55428 (resized).jpeg
#191 4 years ago

I got the piece https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10253 to hold on the blue pad and I got it on there but it was a little bit too tall for the hole to line up perfectly so I had to put another washer underneath the metal lane guide to make it a little taller. I attached it with a 4-40-3/8 screw. Anybody else have this problem?

#194 4 years ago

You probably need to disassemble the gearbox for the defender clean it and re-lubricate it

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It was working fine before I changed the plastic but probably worth doing anyway

Same here, my defender was half off and I reattached him and then I had problems and said defender mech broken. I took off the gearbox and took it apart and the old lube on there was like taffy. I scraped it all off and used some goo gone and then relubricated and works great now. It was not very hard to do, take pic when you open gearbox.

11 months later
#408 3 years ago

I took the shoot button off because the light was burned out and now after I press it a few times in a game it pushes the piece down a little and it does not hit the little switch button. Is there a way to secure the light insert piece that holds it firmly in place?

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I took the shoot button off because the light was burned out and now after I press it a few times in a game it pushes the piece down a little and it does not hit the little switch button. Is there a way to secure the light insert piece that holds it firmly in place?

Anybody?

#417 3 years ago

The switch part with the light attached is easily pulled from the shoot button part. If I press down on that with my finger the button part clicks the switch otherwise it does not reach quite far enough to click it every time. I’m pretty sure I have it hooked up right

4BAE3557-A778-4DEE-9347-8312B09A520E (resized).jpeg4BAE3557-A778-4DEE-9347-8312B09A520E (resized).jpeg
#419 3 years ago

There was not any issues previously. The shoot button moves freely up and down as well. Is something supposed to hold the switch assembly in place?

#423 3 years ago

Thanks guys, the picture really helped. I didn’t have the light bulb piece snapped down into the shoot button. I really had to push hard with a screwdriver but it does snap into place.

2 months later
#501 3 years ago

Try having the left side a little higher than the right side even if it’s not perfectly level. That’s what worked for me and it doesn’t seem to affect anything else in the game by not being perfectly leveled.

2 weeks later
#522 3 years ago
Quoted from GroundControl:

I was to grease the defender gearbox because of "defender mech is broken" error - at ball search it went to the far right beyond 4 and got stuck, trapping a ball in the lane above. No ball search moved the defender at all. Had to power cycle. Removed the defender altogether, and guess what... the game is better without it. The defender isn't any challenge anyway.
Other thing. Right loop diverter gets stuck in raised position. It feels like it attaches magnetically. A light tap on the cabinet drops it. Suggestions?

Its relatively easy to take apart the defender and re lubricate. I would think the game is not the same at all without the defender. It's one of the better functions of the game to pass with the flippers and hurry up and take the shot before the defender gets there.

3 months later
#646 3 years ago

You need a rivet gun to replace rivets. I had never done any rivets but purchased a cheap rivet gun and rivets from harbor freight recently, and it's actually pretty easy. To remove the rivets, the only way I know is to drill through them but perhaps somebody else knows a better way.

#650 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Did you use hardware store rivets, just wondering Bally had a special rivet size like some of their washers did. Sorry I know I can get this from the parts list for NBAFB, and I will when I get to that restore work, but I am just throwing it out there now to someone who's already done it.

I have never done the ramps on my nbafb but I have done some ramp riveting and other plastics where a lamp or plastic is riveted on. I purchased a kit at harbor freight for around $30. The kit had different sized rivets and is easy to use. While it is not a brass or nickel plated rivet, it looks pretty good although there is a small dimple in the middle of the rivet, good enough for me although not for if you are doing a high end restore. If you want I will post a pic later of what the rivets look like on a ramp or plastic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club?tu=don44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.