Screenshot_20240421-180408-054 (resized).png
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
IMG_2613 (resized).JPG
IMG_2623 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 5 years ago

I’ve just joined the club! I assume it’s common to have the basket plastic broken? Any cool mods I should add?

4 weeks later
#142 5 years ago

Has anyone replaced the main ramp with the basket on it? Seems to be a lot of metal parts attached that don’t remove? They don’t seem to be riveted either. Any help would be appreciated

1 month later
#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Walter:

I'm fixing up an NBAFB and a friend mentioned I'm missing a blue rubber pad on the ball guide between the mystery shot and left orbit.
Could someone please tell me more about this?
How big is the rubber pad?
How does it attach to the rail?
Pictures?
Thanks!
Walter

I assume you mean this one? It’s a bit over an inch tall and looks either glued there or inserted into the metal? Do you have a metal piece on the inside of the lane?

1870C94D-582B-49BD-B210-7E8281AA3B25 (resized).jpeg1870C94D-582B-49BD-B210-7E8281AA3B25 (resized).jpegE57EE1E7-F6BC-4305-8B70-CEEB517A4FC9 (resized).jpegE57EE1E7-F6BC-4305-8B70-CEEB517A4FC9 (resized).jpeg
#156 5 years ago

For future reference here are a couple of close up pics of the pad area. Hope these help!

66DB5B40-B4B9-4212-BA52-49EA1B1B9E46 (resized).jpeg66DB5B40-B4B9-4212-BA52-49EA1B1B9E46 (resized).jpegA802F196-C4B8-4BE8-9062-ACA55FF09613 (resized).jpegA802F196-C4B8-4BE8-9062-ACA55FF09613 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

ok, I solved that one as the loop gate back spring was worn/loose, so tightening it up made the ball gate work as it should, so now the ball goes through the orbit properly and around to the right inline unless In the Paint is active.
One other question that is very easy via other NBA Fastbreak pins to compare, if someone is so kind to share.
Mine didn't come with the left orbit ball guide blue bumper and back plate. I purchased both of those, and then fit them as best it made sense (had to use my own bolt). See the pictures - can someone with this pin tell me if I installed them correctly? When the ball comes back down the ball guide (from left orbit), it hits off the bolt head, so thinking something is not correct. Thanks....[quoted image][quoted image]

As you can see in my post #156 it’s a rivet rather than a screw with bolt. Maybe try a countersunk screw in there instead?

3 weeks later
#193 5 years ago

I thought I’d throw this to the group for some help. I’ve replaced the defender plastic as mine was broken. To get it out I moved the defender arm by hand into a spot where I could safely remove the plastic
I powered on the game after the swap and now I get a “defender mech broken” message and he won’t move during gameplay. Surely moving it by hand doesn’t break it?

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

You probably need to disassemble the gearbox for the defender clean it and re-lubricate it

It was working fine before I changed the plastic but probably worth doing anyway

#198 5 years ago

Well I've completely cleaned and re-lubed the motor gears and still nothing. So I assume I've killed the motor by moving it by hand

#201 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Did you carry out a motor test 1st up before stripping down gearbox.

Yes, motor works, tested it on 12v. The shot clock isn’t working either so something isn’t sending information to those 2 areas

#203 5 years ago

Still no luck on the defender problem and shot clock doesn’t work either, my tech is even stumped!
Also unrelated noticed the basket isn’t level at the top upon install of new ramp, right side is higher than left. Can anyone confirm or deny it’s supposed to be this way?

2 weeks later
#206 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hopefully ColorDMD availability is in the near future.

I think ColorDMD will be unlikely on this title, there are headshots for each player on each team isn’t there?. That’s a lot of work

8 months later
#327 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Swapping over the ColorDMD LCD from Demo Man. Luckily I have a foam gasket I bought to use the ColorDMD with Star Trek pro - because NBA has the same issue where the screen cannot mount flush.
Not getting power from J138 though, so checking what's up with that.

Do you have a picture of how this is mounted? I like LCD better but if there is a space issue I may have to go LED

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a compilation of the trivia questions and answers somewhere? Just joined the club and want to study up!

http://pinball.org/rules/nbafastbreak.html#Trivia_Section
I think that’s all the questions Chuck

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I have an LED in my Frankenstein that looks great too. I'm thinking I'll buy an LED for my NBA Fastbreaks when I get a chance.

Different led in the larger screen games that Sega made, the dots are much closer together than standard size led

2 weeks later
#371 4 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

Would love to see a led colordmd in action to help make up my mind, can anyone confirm if they coloured Dennis Rodmans hair

I’d be happy to see either lcd or led

3 months later
#479 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can someone post pics of the left ramp diverter in the down position? I’m getting tons of rejects on mine and wanted to make sure mines setup right.
Thanks!

Here you go Chuck!

5911C4E8-8613-431B-8A6A-B6B6FB643C92 (resized).jpeg5911C4E8-8613-431B-8A6A-B6B6FB643C92 (resized).jpeg
#483 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My diverter was getting caught on the plastic. Fixed that and it seems to be much better. Thanks again !

So you don't need the extra pic now?

3 weeks later
#528 3 years ago

I want to get my name up for the Lakers but every time I play as them I put up a dog and scores over 200 with teams like the Raptors lol

3 weeks later
#577 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wanted to show my machine. Man I love this game! Added a Rodman and Garnet starting lineup in the back, 4” led strip behind shot clock for more light, a 20” led strip in top rear, comet sunlight GI, fluted orange at outlines, led inserts, and trough lighting. ColorDMD is in future and have been contemplating mirror pinblades but that might be too much.
What has everyone else done!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The mirror blades look nice, I’ve done that and colordmd led on mine. I also would get the topper if you can, it looks great

1 month later
#609 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I was finally able to pull it all together! Thanks to all the pinsiders who helped me. There is no way I would have been able to do it without everyone's advice/help.
But I wish someone would have warned me how addictive it is. All I want to do is to keep challenging people to games. It is so much fun!
[quoted image]

Very cool! Where did you find the topper?

4 weeks later
#633 3 years ago

I’d be happy to test too but I’m in Australia so I’m guessing you won’t want to ship here?

3 months later
#703 3 years ago

I also have bought a 4” basketball stencil from eBay and painted basketballs on my speaker grill. I’m quite happy with the result. Thanks BioBa for the inspiration

CBD6FC74-F556-436F-A61C-B2A2310DF34D (resized).jpegCBD6FC74-F556-436F-A61C-B2A2310DF34D (resized).jpegCEBE1898-8BBF-40BD-AB6A-049DF6A9C255 (resized).jpegCEBE1898-8BBF-40BD-AB6A-049DF6A9C255 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#719 3 years ago

Is it just me or is the translite panel really difficult to remove on this game. Mine doesn't want to be removed at all, unlocking the backbox gives me less than an inch of space to move it up to remove

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi. NBA is a deeper game has more games than World Cup and is also a faster game World Cup is a nice game ( I also have booth ). But ruleshit is smaller.

I quite like the rules, don’t think they are shit at all

2 weeks later
#730 3 years ago

I have mirrors on mine and I’m quite happy. Have art blades on quite a few of my games too

#738 3 years ago

I'd buy one in Australia too if someone can get them over here

5 months later
#794 2 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Where did you get the speaker panel sticker from?

I second that. Where do you buy those?

#797 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Added speaker panel stickers today. It looks better than I thought. I also bought some magnetic aprons that do not fit at all.
So I would say yes to the speaker panel sticker but don't waste your money on the magnetic apron.
[quoted image]

How do you remove the Bally logo on the existing panel or did you just place the sticker over the top?

1 month later
#811 2 years ago

Hi all
Just an FYI I bought the apron magnet from Wizard Mod and it fits well enough, here is a pic

22D73918-FBF4-4009-BEE3-BE9BD95DDA2B (resized).jpeg22D73918-FBF4-4009-BEE3-BE9BD95DDA2B (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#853 2 years ago

I believe someone a little while back was selling a mod cover for the scoreboard- are any of those still available?

4 months later
#918 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Did the fastbreak sticker come originally on the coin door?

I was thinking the same thing. Haven’t seen one of those before but wish someone would reproduce it

2 weeks later
#944 1 year ago

I'll take a coin door decal please! I'm confused to who actually has them lol

#948 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

If you are getting one sent could you grab me one too mate please?

Will do mate

9 months later
#1059 11 months ago

How do you actually mount the larger screen into the game? I have a colordmd led in it right now but could move that to a different game if this works

8 months later
#1161 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

ColorDMD is better in every category except price.
Actually, it’s a taller unit too and I’m not sure how well that would fit under the Fastbreak backbox insert game. Seems like it would make an already challenging translite to get out even more difficult.

I went with colordmd LED not LCD on this game, fits perfectly

2 months later
#1202 12 days ago

Just finished reading the kineticist NBAFB tutorial and have a question
In trophy Multiball I was under the opinion that only the centre ramp scores baskets but the tutorial states any shot to a basket so does that mean the left ramp is open for baskets?

1 week later
#1225 2 days ago

I’m getting a little something weird happen, when I get shoot around Multiball I don’t get any extra balls into play, all other multiballs seem to work fine
Is there something else that needs to happen other than spelling shoot?

#1249 5 hours ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

when you spell SHOOT, does the DMD show that shoot around multiball has been activated? It could be a switch not working

Yes it does with the callout

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider allsportdvd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club?tu=allsportdvd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.