IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider afm95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from nunnchucker:

I'm having an issue with getting the alley oop shot. I shoot the left orbit to light it up the middle ramp but by the time the ball comes back down to the flippers I have barely a second to shoot the middle ramp. Is this normal?? I can't find anything in the menu to change the timer on it either. It's the only thing keeping me from getting a championship ring

My brother and I were playing today and have the same issue as you do. The ball slows down quite a bit before it reaches the top of the orbit. A lot of times it's too slow that it can't complete the orbit, which means you're out of luck with nailing the alley oop combo shot. We did some testing and think it's hitting a rivet along the metal curved wall (which is located in the upper left hand corner, right after the "Left Loop Made" sensor (page 64 in the manual)).

Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm not sure if my right flipper is lacking the necessary power to make this shot, but as the previous poster said, you can't collect a ring if you can't make this shot. I'm open to ideas on how to resolve this. Thanks!

2 months later
#72 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have seen these instruction/game cards floating around on some NBAFBs. Anyone know where I can purchase these? If they don't exist for purchase any longer, is anyone able to get me a high resolution color scan of it? Much appreciated!

NBAFB_Instructions (resized).jpgNBAFB_Instructions (resized).jpg

#74 6 years ago

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately they didn't have the instruction cards I was looking for.

#77 6 years ago

Thanks Brtlkat and @oldpinguy! Another Pinsider PM me the same link. I don't know how I missed it. I think I clicked somewhere else for NBAFB and saw something different.

You guys rock!

1 year later
#210 4 years ago

I just want to say that I miss being in this club! Such a fun game.

11 months later
#441 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I just want to say that I miss being in this club! Such a fun game.

I'm back in the club! Nothing like dropping 187 with the Washington Bullets, only to lose trophy multi-ball by a point.

Are you guys going LCD or LED for the color DMD?

20200425_212719.jpg20200425_212719.jpg
#448 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

Nice man it is decided led is the go, like your LED light layout

Quoted from joelbob:

I went LED in mine and it looks great.

Quoted from moTiv8:

LCD Here.
LED on WPC95 does not look very nice in my opinion.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Thank you.

#452 3 years ago

If he only knew the future...

Screenshot_20200425-212949_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200425-212949_Chrome (resized).jpg
#456 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

That’s normal

Is that the only one that skips a pass? Or should 2 go to 4 by skipping 3?

1 week later
#461 3 years ago

1 week later
#468 3 years ago

For those who have the ColorDMD LED, is it just me, or did they make mistakes on some of the team colors? Why are the Grizzlies green instead of blue on the NBA Team Champion high scores? Why are the Warriors red and yellow versus blue and yellow in the team selection? Same goes for the Knicks - blue and red versus blue and orange?

I'm also seeing a grayed out Bally's for a 1/2 second, then it goes to color.

Do you guys see this too, or maybe my settings are screwed up?

Any guidance or help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Added over 4 years ago:

Worked with ColorDMD to successfully correct team colors. Thanks ColorDMD!

3 weeks later
#503 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

So I am having no luck with the ball coming down from the pop bumper.... moved around the ball guides many different way, even redid some screw holes but still nothing consistent. I have tried dead bounce foam strip in different spot but it either get the ball stuck or drop off...
I am surprise no one has made a better fix for it... what's the best recommendations?

J-Freeze put a square, clear adhesive, rubber bumper (typically called a "cabinet door bumper") inside the guide after it leaves the pop bumper area.

I would say that the specific placement of this bumper pushes the ball to the other guide, which drops it to the right flipper about 98% of the time. It's not foolproof, but it's the best I've seen and experienced.

https://www.amazon.com/Adhesive-Bumper-106-PC-Spherical-Square/dp/B06XPCLN23
20200615_104933.jpg20200615_104933.jpg

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Grizzlies were an expansion team from Vancouver and their colours were green before switching their jerseys. As for the warriors and Knicks, those seem like mistakes. I see the grayed our Bally’s at the start too.

I worked with Chris at ColorDMD to update the colors. I didn't know exactly how expansive the color pallet is for ColorDMD, but Chris did a fantastic job updating the team colors. It really made a big difference.

Shout out to ColorDMD for great customer service.

2 weeks later
#523 3 years ago
Quoted from GroundControl:

The defender isn't any challenge anyway.

I respectfully disagree. Even on factory settings (medium difficulty), the defender is more challenging after you win your first ring.

Also, there is an "In the Paint" difficultly setting if you think it's currently too easy. Set it to extra hard where the defender moves a quarter of a second after passing the ball.

Screenshot_20200701-181742_Drive.jpgScreenshot_20200701-181742_Drive.jpg
#525 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think my defender is tough. I’d say it blocks me 50% of the time.

You need to hit the gym, watch Klay Thompson film, and work on your quick release jump shot.

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

I have sold a few items so far, so let me know if you need anything. Will be posting to ebay soon.

I can attest he's a great seller, excellent communicator, and fast shipper. Don't hesitate to pick up some hard to find NBAFB parts from him.

1 week later
#566 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

[quoted image]
Sometimes weird stuff just happens, check this I have had a wedgie, ya wouldn’t even think it’s possible

That would be a jump ball.

jumpball (resized).jpgjumpball (resized).jpg
#568 3 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

Great thanks, but if I did that on my game, the ball would get stuck between the nut and the ramp.Whats wrong with my set up do you think?

Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

I have the post but still every once in a while it gets stuck and needs a danger nudge to get it out. There’s still space for a round ball to hang up. Need to get something in there to flatten it but it’s rare. Happened to my daughter just now so took a pic.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Guys,

As chuckwurt pointed out, it should just be a nut. I provided a closer snapshot to what that looks like from the side (see below).

I have never had a problem with the ball getting stuck. However, very once in awhile, when I hit the right ramp fast, the ball almost gets hung up, but it always comes down the ramp successfully.
20200715_125709 (resized).jpg20200715_125709 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#846 2 years ago

EDIT - Took the glass off and ran it up to two rings. Still wouldn't save my high score. Can someone confirm they're having the same issue with the Pistons? Thank you.

I ran into an odd issue today. I've been playing teams in alphabetical order. Once I collect a ring, I move on to the next team.

Last night, I picked up a ring with the Pistons, then shut down the game for the night. I come back, and it didn't hold my high score of 171, plus a ring I earned. I thought I might have made a mistake, thinking I didn't win a ring with the Pistons. Sure enough, 211 and another ring with the Pistons, and it didn't hold my high score again.

From a troubleshooting standpoint - all of my other high scores are holding, including a ring with the Lakers, as they are preloaded with one. I tried putting up a small high score without a ring with the Raptors a moment ago to help troubleshoot further, but it held my score.

Any reason why it won't hold my high score with Detroit? Very, very odd.

#848 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Bad batteries or not connected properly in the battery holder or cpu board.

I ended replacing the batteries, which reset the high scores and cleared out other items such as the time/date. I was able to get a high score with the Pistons with one ring after that.

I was surprised that did the trick, since it was holding other high scores, and recording new ones, just not for the Pistons.

Thanks for the help @santis.

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Wasn't there a rumored "easter egg" that prevented the Pistons from getting three rings? Some kind of Chicago/Detroit rivalry or some such?

You could be right. Need to hit up George Gomez for the info.

I just don't get why it would hold other high scores, and hold new high scores AFTER I tried with the Pistons. Super, super odd.

Maybe you're right - they wanted to mess with Pistons fans. Sometimes their scores hold, sometimes they don't. Haha!

5 months later
5 months later
#1001 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I don’t think that TI chip will work for this, as that was the chip that was preventing the link. Been there, bought more than 1 set of those. It’s that Goldstar chip I eventually found on eBay (the bigger one). It was a tech at next level arcade that illuminated that fact, when helping me on a new CC on the phone. Even tried both modem wiring (null modem and straight, but that wasn’t the problem) Bought that chip and whalaaa.
I guess you could try those and see? Hope this helps -Terry

Congrats on being the 1,000th post in the club!

Such a great game.

4 months later
#1053 11 months ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

Changed out my ColorDMD with a Pin2DMD.
Well worth the swap!
[quoted image]

What is the difference between the two?

#1055 11 months ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

The Pin2DMD is much larger, same size as the CGC HD displays but the Pin2DMD is LED not LCD.
Here’s a comparison (ignore the blue line across the Pin2DMD, it’s just the camera picking up the refresh that you can’t actually see in person)

Dumb question, does Pin2DMD color their own games like ColorDMD?

#1057 11 months ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

It’s all community based, some games are done, most aren’t. The software is pretty easy to learn just time consuming if you want to color a game that isn’t already done.
Some people charge for their work, other’s don’t.
Here’s a list of what’s out there: https://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/5391-complete-pin2dmd-serum-colour-file-list-for-virtual-real-pins/
You can buy the DMDs preassembled with color files from either Stumblor or Retrocity.
Stumblor uses CNC plywood for the panel where as Retrocity uses powder-coated metal panels.
https://stumblorpinball.com/products/hd-pin2dmd
https://retrocity.com.au/products/pin2dmdhd

Thank you so much for the explanation. Is NBAFB completed?

5 months later
#1110 5 months ago
Quoted from dscapo:

You need to take advantage of the midnight madness feature

I remember a few days after buying NBAFB as my first pin and Midnight Madness came on. I thought my game broke for a moment and I was so mad! What a fun mode!

Now that I’m older, I changed the time in NBAFB to hit midnight at 8pm. I’m too old to stay up that late.

1 month later
#1130 4 months ago
Quoted from DK:

Hey so I tried something new yesterday..
How low of a score can you get and earn a championship ring?
I got 49 lol[quoted image]

I’m in on this challenge.

Thanks for bringing this up! Fun idea.

#1137 4 months ago
Quoted from DK:

Hey so I tried something new yesterday..
How low of a score can you get and earn a championship ring?
I got 49 lol[quoted image]

I finally had an opportunity to play tonight. It is so weird trying not to score points. But I did it!
IMG_9112 (resized).jpegIMG_9112 (resized).jpegIMG_9116 (resized).jpegIMG_9116 (resized).jpeg

#1139 4 months ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Has anybody had difficulty removing the translite? I removed the locking mech and it's still not moving.

I have not.

Is it not moving up to give you clearance to pull out the bottom?

#1140 4 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I finally had an opportunity to play tonight. It is so weird trying not to score points. But I did it!

Thinking about cutting the score down from 49:

I mistakenly made a free throw (by habit).

Another way is to shoot one of the combo shots, have the ball ricochet off the backboard, and it falls into a saucer that hasn’t been counted for Around the World Multi-ball. It saves you 2 points.

Other than that, you just hope not to get the ball rattling in the pops for extra buckets during any power hoop or multi-ball mode. I think a sub 45 is really tough.

I had 39 points going into the wizard mode.

#1142 4 months ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

That is correct. No difference from when it's locked.

I do remember this backbox not having much wiggle room in order to get the back glass out. Mainly due to the interactive backbox. I felt you had to perfectly push up and pull out. Even then you would almost scrap the black speaker panel.

I’m not sure what could be causing it to not move. Have you ever tried taking it out since purchasing it? Maybe something is lodged in there?

I took the picture below to show you how much room I can lift mine. It isn’t much.

IMG_9131 (resized).jpegIMG_9131 (resized).jpeg
#1152 3 months ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Been away for a few days. Thanks so much for the picture! Appreciate you taking the time on this. I'll be careful when I try to remove it - first time since owning it. Wanted to change out the batteries.

No problem - if you need other pictures, just let me know.

Good luck.

#1155 3 months ago

Contact taylor34 as he made them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider afm95.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club?tu=afm95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.