IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acronymicon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#406 4 years ago

I just installed that plastic set from Marco's, looks like it might have been their last one too. Sorry about that, but my backbox needed some rehab! Got some new backdrop art, plastic set, and a whole lot of Novus and elbow grease on the translite to make it look new!

Wanted to retrobrite the lamp sockets, but hydrogen peroxide is in short supply, and I wasnt sure how smart it was to do in the first place.

This is my first table, just picked it up a few weeks ago after a 16 hour non stop round trip! Love how fast it is, and I am a happy new member of the club.

If this is a faux pas I apologize, but I have a tech support question? I am hearing a humming coming from the right side of the table, seems to correlate to the operation and general vicinity of the right loop diverter; is that indicative of a coil in need of replacement? Just kinda hums for extended periods of time, and it seems shots bust right through and end up in the paint regardless of what is lit.

ps if anyone wants the pictured plastics I uninstalled, seems they might clean up ok and be serviceable, I will happily send them to anyone that sends me a self addressed envelope at no charge. Pretty sure its a complete set, but a little grimy, and one piece has had some tape repair work done to it. It played just fine though.

Backboxdirt2 (resized).jpgBackboxdirt2 (resized).jpgBackboxclean2 (resized).jpgBackboxclean2 (resized).jpgBackboxdirt (resized).jpgBackboxdirt (resized).jpgBackboxclean (resized).jpgBackboxclean (resized).jpg
#410 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What did you use to clean up the white tub? If Novus, Novus 1, 2 or 3? This tub seems to be unobtainable. Also, does anyone know if the backbox switch is available for purchase? Thanks!

After stripping it completely I used a magic eraser and an only slightly diluted mix of simple green. I let it soak a bit and went over it 3 times.

Thankfully the original background art didnt leave much of a mess behind with adhesive.

I was worried I was going to end up breaking it and have to buy a light tub and punch holes in it myself, but it was a pretty easy process altogether.

I couldnt find the backbox rollover switch for purchase; it has a diode across some of its legs, so I am guessing its not interchangeable? Luckily mine still works fine, if not I was going to use a more accessible rollover and solder the diode on there and hope for the best.

Novus I used to clean up the translite as mine was dinged up, and it worked really well. Looks almost new.

Just got my first trophy.. well as it drained it said "trophy complete!" so I didnt have much time to enjoy it but I still felt it.

Loving this table!

#412 4 years ago

What did you use for new adhesive for the art panel to the tub?

The replacement is a big sticker basically. Its think too; no need to worry about bubbles.

#414 4 years ago

Thanks. I have the replacement art as well. Starting my NBAFB restore soon.

post pics!

I got a decal set for mine, but I gotta wait for it to warm up before I bondo/paint and apply them.

8 months later
#699 3 years ago

Hi guys, I just installed 2 new plungers for both diverts that were shot, and used the opportunity to pull all the ramps out and clean everything real good. Installed that nice shot clock mod too.

I thought it all went back together well, but now I am finding the ball getting stuck in the 3 standoffs that support the clock to be a common occurrence if my hookshot ramp shots dont have enough juice to make it all the way around.

Is there a part back there that I missed in reassembly?

#701 3 years ago

Probably should have figured a picture might help.

IMG_20201225_100313816 (resized).jpgIMG_20201225_100313816 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#708 3 years ago

seemed like I was never going to break 100pts or get a ring, for months that seemed to be my cieling.

Started at the bottom, now Im here.

ONE Slam Dunk combo away from a second ring too

CHAMP (resized).jpgCHAMP (resized).jpg
1 week later
#714 3 years ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

Anyone have experience with replacing the hoop whirl pool ramp plastic? Mine is cracked and I was hoping to replace it, but was wondering how much you have to remove to get to that particular ramp. It’s right below the actual backboard, but looks like it hooks around to the left. Expensive part it would appear.

You have to take off shooter 1 and 2, the clock, and IIRC pretty much every plastic from the slingshot up that left side, then the diverter and ramp back to the slingshot. Then youll have to unplug some stuff under the playfield to pull the ramp out.

I only replaced the plunger on my diverter and the rubbers under the ramp, but it wasnt as difficult as it was time consuming as I was extra careful to take lots of pictures and reference them as it went back together.

Then I forgot the one way gate under said ramp and had to do it all over again

1 month later
#742 3 years ago

Brand new maple plywood bottom cab for my restore project, fully trimmed NBA Fastbreak manufactured by Paul Maletich At VirtuaPin....
https://virtuapin.net/
Paul does a fantastic job. He's got a very busy shop, well worth the wait.
[quoted image]

I bet it smells amazing

6 months later
#807 2 years ago

Hi everyone.

I have a bunch of Fastbreak parts for sale, so if you need anything just send me a PM.

Nice playfield for it too!

IMG_20210711_191651035 (resized).jpgIMG_20210711_191651035 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider acronymicon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club?tu=acronymicon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.