Screenshot_20240421-180408-054 (resized).png
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
IMG_2613 (resized).JPG
IMG_2623 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kredmore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#173 5 years ago

Just picked up this pin and working through some smaller issues. Have a question about game play that I can't figure out via manual, online searching, pinside, etc. When/how does the loop gate off the left orbit shot open to send the ball down the right inlane? The loop gate tests ok and I can see it open during game play, but then it's always closed when I hit a shot up the left orbit.

#174 5 years ago

ok, I solved that one as the loop gate back spring was worn/loose, so tightening it up made the ball gate work as it should, so now the ball goes through the orbit properly and around to the right inline unless In the Paint is active.

One other question that is very easy via other NBA Fastbreak pins to compare, if someone is so kind to share.

Mine didn't come with the left orbit ball guide blue bumper and back plate. I purchased both of those, and then fit them as best it made sense (had to use my own bolt). See the pictures - can someone with this pin tell me if I installed them correctly? When the ball comes back down the ball guide (from left orbit), it hits off the bolt head, so thinking something is not correct. Thanks....

IMG_0219 (resized).jpgIMG_0219 (resized).jpgIMG_0220 (resized).jpgIMG_0220 (resized).jpg
#176 5 years ago

Thanks. And sorry to have missed the previous posts - I should have seen that.

1 month later
#208 4 years ago

Anybody ever solve the SDTM issue? How? Saw some posts, tried the ideas, but ball probably sdtm about 50% of the time. Takes the fun out of the game for all.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I took a 90 second video tonight and was able to get about 6 drops from the bumpers. You'll see how each time it feeds to the right flipper. Total game changer and sets up your strategy for shots and combos when eliminating the STDM or close to STDM returns.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AMfyHse1uAgdV5LaA

Thank you, very helpful. With enough speed coming out from the bumpers, the ball hits the left guide (with the slight bend at the end) which should make the ball go to the right flipper, as in the video. My issue is that sometimes the ball is slow enough to not make it over to the left guide, and hugs the right side guide, so just fails down to SDTM.

#216 4 years ago

ok, I will try the testing/adjusting. Thank you for the help.

1 month later
#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I got the piece https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10253 to hold on the blue pad and I got it on there but it was a little bit too tall for the hole to line up perfectly so I had to put another washer underneath the metal lane guide to make it a little taller. I attached it with a 4-40-3/8 screw. Anybody else have this problem?

Quoted from J-Freeze:

Yeah mine was too tall as well, I filed about an 1/8" off but I like your solution better haha.

Same here - purchased from Marco and too tall. Took a chance and ordered from Pinball Spare Parts, and the correct size. Same part number. See the picture. Marco on left, PSP on right.

IMG_0507 (resized).jpgIMG_0507 (resized).jpg
#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Palepoli:

Kredmore
So here is my fix for the straight down the middle dilemma. I used some self stick foam furniture leg pads and cut them as seen in the pictures. So far they have worked great and where it used to be all the time I rarely get a drain from the pops now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So, in the end after many trail and error, my STDM issue is resolved via proper leveling of the game. Had to spend a little bit more time to ensure the leveling is correct, and STDM is very rare now. Thanks for all the help .

1 week later
#235 4 years ago

The net decal would be great!

1 month later
#243 4 years ago

per the picture, the jet bumper ring hits the ball guide underneath on the way down. Don't see any other way it would go.
Can someone confirm this is happening with their NBAFB game? Any fix/work around?

85e866837e64627655c021a6fc5a2dfd8c85ef93 (resized).jpg85e866837e64627655c021a6fc5a2dfd8c85ef93 (resized).jpg
#246 4 years ago

the skirt is cut off to allow for the ball guide, but not the ring.

#248 4 years ago

Thanks, will give that a try, the option I saw was to just bend the ring a little on the top to clear the ball guide.

4 months later
#273 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

I had 3 different shape and colors for the 3PT targets so i just soldered in new orange ones. Purple was not available but im going to be putting on cushioned target decals that are orange so its not that big of a deal imo. Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I replaced my purple targets recently, and they were challenging to find. I think the orange look good!

#274 4 years ago

Can I ask that someone with a NBAFB game to see if their sling switches made a double beep when activated during game play? I have a limited game set, with a modern stern and an AFM Remake only, so can't test that. Been doing all sorts of troubleshooting.

I have the coil disconnected so you can hear the beep easily in the video link below. You can hear it with the coil on in normal game play. It's not that audible, but gets annoying at ever hit.

Thank you.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Thanks Fellas I really appreciate it!!

yes, thank you.

#296 4 years ago

Would really like it, but haven't heard anything lately...

#297 4 years ago

In fact, I work in software, so reached out to see if I could offer my team's help for the NBAFB ColorDMD updates. Never heard back.

1 week later
#303 4 years ago

Awesome!

#321 4 years ago

installing new ROM today...

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

I was thinking the same thing, but if you had to go back to the original, maybe some washers or nylon spacers may work.

yup. I also noticed that if you have the LCD version, the screen is bigger at the top than the frame, so it rests against a piece of plastic lengthwise. That would need to be trimmed too.

Nice to see the color for NBA - thank you to ColorDMD.

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No need to trim anything when using the LCD screen, fits just fine. This is what I installed the other day. The LCD screen has been taller than the speaker panel in all the games I’ve installed it in and it has fit. Shadow, Star Trek Pro, Demi Man, NBA, TFTC and a few others I can’t recall.

yes, it fits fine, but still sits back. If you want it to be flush (like the LED with the standoffs clipped), you need to clip the standoffs and trim the long piece as well. Or you can install the gasket to cover the gap.

#344 4 years ago

All good!

1 month later
#387 4 years ago

I'm looking to replace this plastic on top (sits back left in the playfied), so see this https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-2810-6a.html, and when I order from another place, the replacement comes and looks like the bottom. I look around the web and the bottom looks like the part most common, so then what do I have currently??? Some one-off part? I'm asking the person I bought it from too. Just kind of weird. Maybe someone else can take a look at what they have......

IMG_0520 (resized).jpgIMG_0520 (resized).jpg
#391 4 years ago

Thank you for the responses. Kind of strange why it was even made that way. The player plastics were also slight different with blue trim, not clear you see on most games. Could be many things - someone was making them years ago, factory had different versions throughout production, etc.

2 months later
#477 3 years ago

With my fully restored NBA Fastbreak, I am selling all the extra & removed parts, almost all are in good working condition. See the list below. Looking to help people out and re-coup some of the cost in a fair hobby type way.

I wanted to post here before anywhere else. Pricing (unless otherwise noted) is half of the new price (I can help locate if needed) plus $10 shipping as an estimate. Will go actual shipping cost if lower/smaller parts, slightly more for the bigger heavier items. Or make an offer, happy to help out. Listing out all the part numbers is quite tedious.

PM for prices, pictures, offers, more info, etc. Paypal via friend method (non-credit card so no fee) is the preferred payment method.

Original Lockbar with hole for shoot button
Receiver bar
Replacement shoot button
Player 1 assembly plastic and connector (have 2)
Player 2 assembly plastic and connector (2)
Player 3 assembly plastic and connector
Player 3 assembly plastic and connector, plastic is in two pieces
Player 4 assembly plastic and connector
Player 1 wire guide shooter to the basket
Player 4 wire guide shooter to the basket
Player 4 assembly plastic
Player 1 coil and bracket assembly
Player 2 coil and bracket assembly
Player 3 coil and bracket assembly
Player 4 coil and bracket assembly
AE-29-2000 coils (2)
AE-29-2000 coils (2) New
Yellow square target switches on right side of playfield (4)
Purple three pointer target switches (3)
Tilt assembly
Left ramp and round to the basket
Center ramp
shot clock glass backboard
red flasher cover
white flasher cover (2)
blue flasher cover (3)
4 legs and levelers
4 yellow cabinet protectors
cabinet interior leg brackets (4)
Side rails chrome
Side rails black glass holders
Original DMD Display
Speaker grills (2)
Wire white/gray 30' 22awg
Slingshot coil and assemblies (2)
Playfield glass receiver under backbox
Magetic post and coil for ball hold under basket
Pop bumper light sockets (4)
Pop bumper assembly (2)
Jet bumper assembly (2)
Jet bumper coil and bracket assembly (3)
Jet bumper cap red outer and inner
Bracket and coil for diverter
Plastics (4)
Cabinet secure bar holders (2)
Reed switch under right ramp
Main Flippers all parts from complete replacement including buttons and opto switches
Backglass translite (2)
Backbox black frame pieces (4)
Backbox basketball
Backbox old clear pieces
Backbox light sockets
Playfield - $250+$25 shipping
Playfield handles (2)
Playfield hanger (2)
misc small pieces if you're looking for anything in particular....

4 weeks later
#509 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I worked with Chris at ColorDMD to update the colors. I didn't know exactly how expansive the color pallet is for ColorDMD, but Chris did a fantastic job updating the team colors. It really made a big difference.
Shout out to ColorDMD for great customer service.

Great! How do we get the update? ColorDMD only shows the original version on the site.

1 week later
#541 3 years ago

I have sold a few items so far, so let me know if you need anything. Will be posting to ebay soon.

Quoted from Kredmore:

With my fully restored NBA Fastbreak, I am selling all the extra & removed parts, almost all are in good working condition. See the list below. Looking to help people out and re-coup some of the cost in a fair hobby type way.
I wanted to post here before anywhere else. Pricing (unless otherwise noted) is half of the new price (I can help locate if needed) plus $10 shipping as an estimate. Will go actual shipping cost if lower/smaller parts, slightly more for the bigger heavier items. Or make an offer, happy to help out. Listing out all the part numbers is quite tedious.
PM for prices, pictures, offers, more info, etc. Paypal via friend method (non-credit card so no fee) is the preferred payment method.
Original Lockbar with hole for shoot button
Receiver bar
Replacement shoot button
Player 1 assembly plastic and connector (have 2)
Player 2 assembly plastic and connector (2)
Player 3 assembly plastic and connector
Player 3 assembly plastic and connector, plastic is in two pieces
Player 4 assembly plastic and connector
Player 1 wire guide shooter to the basket
Player 4 wire guide shooter to the basket
Player 4 assembly plastic
Player 1 coil and bracket assembly
Player 2 coil and bracket assembly
Player 3 coil and bracket assembly
Player 4 coil and bracket assembly
AE-29-2000 coils (2)
AE-29-2000 coils (2) New
Yellow square target switches on right side of playfield (4)
Purple three pointer target switches (3)
Tilt assembly
Left ramp and round to the basket
Center ramp
shot clock glass backboard
red flasher cover
white flasher cover (2)
blue flasher cover (3)
4 legs and levelers
4 yellow cabinet protectors
cabinet interior leg brackets (4)
Side rails chrome
Side rails black glass holders
Original DMD Display
Speaker grills (2)
Wire white/gray 30' 22awg
Slingshot coil and assemblies (2)
Playfield glass receiver under backbox
Magetic post and coil for ball hold under basket
Pop bumper light sockets (4)
Pop bumper assembly (2)
Jet bumper assembly (2)
Jet bumper coil and bracket assembly (3)
Jet bumper cap red outer and inner
Bracket and coil for diverter
Plastics (4)
Cabinet secure bar holders (2)
Reed switch under right ramp
Main Flippers all parts from complete replacement including buttons and opto switches
Backglass translite (2)
Backbox black frame pieces (4)
Backbox basketball
Backbox old clear pieces
Backbox light sockets
Playfield - $250+$25 shipping
Playfield handles (2)
Playfield hanger (2)
misc small pieces if you're looking for anything in particular....

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I can attest he's a great seller, excellent communicator, and fast shipper. Don't hesitate to pick up some hard to find NBAFB parts from him.

Thank you.

1 week later
#555 3 years ago
Quoted from veejay:

Great thanks, but if I did that on my game, the ball would get stuck between the nut and the ramp.Whats wrong with my set up do you think?

There is a service bulletin:
https://www.ipdb.org/files/4023/Bally_1997_NBA_Fastbreak_Service_Bulletin_99.pdf

1 year later
#766 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Brand new maple plywood bottom cab for my restore project, fully trimmed NBA Fastbreak manufactured by Paul Maletich At VirtuaPin....
https://virtuapin.net/
Paul does a fantastic job. He's got a very busy shop, well worth the wait.
[quoted image]

Added 97 days ago: Paul did not make the decals.

Good deal! I was talking to Paul about this awhile back for my NBAFB too, didn't pull the trigger, still might. Two questions for you:

1) How did it go with putting everything back in?
2) What did you do with the old NBAFB cabinet? Paul was hesitant to do a licensed cabinet unless I 'destroyed' or shipped him my current one. (even if he didn't make the decals)

Thanks, Keith

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 37.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kredmore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club?tu=Kredmore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.