Screenshot_20240421-180408-054 (resized).png
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
IMG_2613 (resized).JPG
IMG_2623 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KozMckPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone know what I can use to replace the switch in the backbox that scores baskets?
Manual says A-21710 but I’m not finding that.

+1

Can get on the wishlist here:

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/playfield-parts/switches/rollover-wires/a-21710.html

3 weeks later
#91 6 years ago

Anybody know the part number for the ramp metal flap securing rivets? I assume the rivets are 1/2" long or so...

6 months later
#104 5 years ago

Has anybody put a tv mod on a fastbreak yet? Could play game footage of your favorite players..

6 months later
#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

You mean hoop ramp?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-21406-8
I bought a couple sets at Allentown years ago. Made by pinball inc I think.

Try Starship Fantasy or Bay Area Amusements, got mine at BAA for $179.

#169 5 years ago

Is ColorDMD coming on NBAFB?

3 weeks later
#183 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I picked up a nbafb today so I am in the club! Any suggestions on what led bulbs work best for the GI and the backbox?

There are past posts especially from OLDPINGUY regarding this. I think the synopsis was warm white 2SMD for GI and color matched inserts 2SMD. I think most people said leave the back box as incandescant. MHO.

1 month later
#204 5 years ago

Does anyone know if NBAFB playfields are diamond plate? The NBAFB playfield on my machine is probably like other NBAFB pfs and has absolutely no dimples whatsoever. The top coat looks different than clear coated pfs.

1 month later
#227 4 years ago

Anybody install cliffys on their NBAFB? I have rollover switch protectors but how about saucer/scoops?

1 month later
#236 4 years ago

+1 on the decal

#237 4 years ago

duplicate post

3 months later
#250 4 years ago

My insert list (the number of inserts on the pf, not amount I ordered) :

1) Pink - 9 #555 1SMDT10PFT (purple)
2) Red - 18 #555 1SMDT10RFT
3) Blue - 6 #555 1SMDT10BFT and Ice Blue #555 1SMDT10IBFT and Ice Blue #44 1SMDT10IBFT bayonet
4) Green - 7 #555 1SMDT10GFT and #44 1SMDBA49SGFT bayonet
5) Orange - 7 #555 1SMDT10AFT
6) Yellow - 10 or 12 #555 1SMDT10YFT
7) White - 0 or 2

I bought insert bulbs Comet P/N example for Red 1SMDT10RFT, these are #555 (wedge) frosted. #44 is a bayonet bulb. I bought all frosted.

I bought a 25 pack 5050 frosted warm white #44 bayonet. 1SMDBA49SWWFT
I bought a 25 pack 5050 frosted natural white #555 wedge. 1SMDT10NWFT
I bought a 25 pack 5050 frosted warm white #555 wedge. 1SMDT10WWFT

Most people leave backbox bulbs as incandescent, but here's my misc bulbs list as well:

Twin 2835 frosted Red #555 wedge. 2SMD2835T10RFT (ordered 4)
Twin 2835 frosted Warm White #555 wedge. 2SMD2835T10WWFT (ordered 10)
2 SMD Fluted Dome Warm White #44 bayonet. 2SMDBA9SWWFD (ordered 13)
5 SMD 5050 Tower #906 Warm White (flashers) wedge. 5SMDFLASHT10WW (ordered 12)
8 SMD #906 FLASHER Warm White wedge. 8SMDT15WEDGEWW (ordered 2)
OPTIX MAXIMUS Sunlight White #44 bayonet. OPMAXBA9SS (ordered 4)
OPTIX MAXIMUS Sunlight White #555 wedge. OPMAXT10S (ordered 4)

Order total was about $150. OldPinGuy suggested using Sunlight White so I bought some and the OPMAX as options, along with higher SMD flasher to install and see if I liked them but for me the default was 1SMD Warm Whites and color matched inserts. Some people suggested 2SMD so I bought a few to test with to see if I liked them.

So in short, the misc list you don't have to order. Decide if you want color matched inserts, 2SMD or 1 SMD, Warm White or Sunlight White for GI and flasher brightness on the playfield and whether to use LEDs or incandy in the backbox for flashers. You probably don't need 3 25 packs of GI bulbs like I ordered, maybe only 2 needed, but they are only $16.25 per pack and I wanted to experiment with different GI whites.

Good Luck. Some suppliers might sell pre-packaged LED kits as an option to this.

2 weeks later
#261 4 years ago
Quoted from MrElbow:

I am pretty new to pinball and pinside, but I couldn't find anything on this topic, so sorry if it has been discussed before...
Has anyone ever tried/thought about modding the code to this game to update the "TRIVIA" section with new questions and answers for present day NBA stats? I have a background in coding, but no experience with how to mod pinball code, but would be happy to work with someone on this. I think it would be pretty fun to update based on present day players/stats/etc
Could even change some team names: Vancouver -> Memphis.
I feel like if you could search the code for "Vancouver" and do a global find/replace with "Memphis" it would work?
Similarly, if you found where the trivia questions were stored in the code, you could just replace all the text/multiple choice answers for each trivia question with new ones.

You need feedback from the Pinball Browser creator/users. I believe that the code is in a compiled state (binary) only in shipped form like other software. For Pinball Browser, the music files could still be identified in the compiled format and replaced wholesale file for file same size. Not certain that the trivia would have been objectified like that, meaning an easy file swap. Maybe if the trivia was resourced for multiple languages it would have been set up that way, as resource files, but as such, English only, probably not. I am just an outsider looking in, just my 2 cents.

1 month later
#276 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

I had 3 different shape and colors for the 3PT targets so i just soldered in new orange ones. Purple was not available but im going to be putting on cushioned target decals that are orange so its not that big of a deal imo. Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where'd you get the side blades?

#295 4 years ago

What are the odds of getting Color DMD on this title? In 2020?

1 week later
#312 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

So whats the big difference between the two avaible on there website

Yes what's the recommendation between LED and LCD here? I'd guess LCD better for me.

#316 4 years ago

LED hardware is smaller, fits a tighter space than the LCD.

2 months later
#405 4 years ago

I bought this kit, has both the plastics and standoffs needed:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-2814-XX

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I just installed that plastic set from Marco's, looks like it might have been their last one too. Sorry about that, but my backbox needed some rehab! Got some new backdrop art, plastic set, and a whole lot of Novus and elbow grease on the translite to make it look new!
Wanted to retrobrite the lamp sockets, but hydrogen peroxide is in short supply, and I wasnt sure how smart it was to do in the first place.
This is my first table, just picked it up a few weeks ago after a 16 hour non stop round trip! Love how fast it is, and I am a happy new member of the club.
If this is a faux pas I apologize, but I have a tech support question? I am hearing a humming coming from the right side of the table, seems to correlate to the operation and general vicinity of the right loop diverter; is that indicative of a coil in need of replacement? Just kinda hums for extended periods of time, and it seems shots bust right through and end up in the paint regardless of what is lit.
ps if anyone wants the pictured plastics I uninstalled, seems they might clean up ok and be serviceable, I will happily send them to anyone that sends me a self addressed envelope at no charge. Pretty sure its a complete set, but a little grimy, and one piece has had some tape repair work done to it. It played just fine though.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did you use to clean up the white tub? If Novus, Novus 1, 2 or 3? This tub seems to be unobtainable. Also, does anyone know if the backbox switch is available for purchase? Thanks!

#411 4 years ago

What did you use for new adhesive for the art panel to the tub?

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

The replacement is a big sticker basically. Its think too; no need to worry about bubbles.

Thanks. I have the replacement art as well. Starting my NBAFB restore soon.

5 months later
#615 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Made a new version. Now attaches to the back and has pads at the bottom
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you selling these?

1 week later
#623 3 years ago

Here is a mod I am in the process of making for my NBA Fastbreak. KozMck Arcade made lollipop tops. I also call them as assembled, lollipop posts. These are easily installed on machine screw posts and in this case, they go on the 8 (4 per side) posts that hold the lane guides on. The screw head is recessed in the cap so the screw does not lose any engagement length and the existing screws are used as-is. I still need to let them dry before seal coating them with acrylic varnish so I will post the installed pictures later. Just thought you might like to see them!

IMG_4461 (resized).JPGIMG_4461 (resized).JPGIMG_4462 (resized).JPGIMG_4462 (resized).JPG

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I think this is my final version, I painted the back and secured it slightly more. I think it looks pretty good now, more finished.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, but can the electronics "breathe"? Maybe a grill pattern on top or a heat sink if needed?

#626 3 years ago

KozMck Arcade made lollipop tops/lollipop posts installed.
IMG_4475 (resized).JPGIMG_4475 (resized).JPG

IMG_4478 (resized).JPGIMG_4478 (resized).JPG
#628 3 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

hi it's great but i don't find it
would you have a link ?
Thanks

There's no link. It's a mod I made for my personal NBA Fastbreak pin that I am restoring.

#635 3 years ago

More Kozzies (lollipop tops) installed as my NBA Fastbreak restore progresses...

IMG_4494 (resized).JPGIMG_4494 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#637 3 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

All,
Just got the final production version of taylor34 mod for the shot clock frame to try out before he puts it up for sale. This item is like lollipop tops.
Never thought about wanting the mod, but if you install the mod it feels natural. These mods attempt to hid all the electronics and extra washers to enhance the cosmetic look.
My photos does not do justice, but take a look at how much cleaner the shot clock looks with the frame. You can no longer see the circuit board, and the red paint on the edge matches the playfield. Personally it was suttle, but effective execution.
Easy install.
Great Job!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I hope George Gomez reads this thread. He'd be impressed I think. I would be willing to provide a couple of lollipop tops, the NBA logo one on a #8 white cap as pictured to a few Pinsiders if anyone is interested. I think the best location for those Kozzies is the head of the lane guide near the outlane as I pictured the Celtics one. A couple of Pinsiders who already restored an NBAFB and have answered some restore questions for me have first dibs and I'll contact them directly. I could do this for a couple more Pinsiders, just PM me with your address and I can send you two for the lane guides. Please just post your installed pictures and opinion.**Update** I have enough Pinsiders to give the spare inventory to for the NBA logo lollipop tops. 2 per person. Thanks for your interest.

#640 3 years ago

Anyone know where a new right ramp 03-9668.2 can be found?

#642 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

were those ever repro? I only saw the left and center ones...

I thought bay area amusements/pps would have them but they do not. I think if people get on the waiting list at Pinball Center in Germany they might make them is there's enough interest and they have the rights I guess. Bally P/N is 03-9668.2:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/nba-fastbreak/9302/right-ramp-for-nba-fastbreak-03-9668.2

#645 3 years ago
Quoted from PeanutBRad:

Does anyone know how to remove and replace the rivets on the ramps?

^^^ Also, the rivets on the metal piece around the hook ramp basket.

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

You need a rivet gun to replace rivets. I had never done any rivets but purchased a cheap rivet gun and rivets from harbor freight recently, and it's actually pretty easy. To remove the rivets, the only way I know is to drill through them but perhaps somebody else knows a better way.

Did you use hardware store rivets, just wondering Bally had a special rivet size like some of their washers did. Sorry I know I can get this from the parts list for NBAFB, and I will when I get to that restore work, but I am just throwing it out there now to someone who's already done it.

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from SpartyPinball:

Anyone have an NBA Fastbreak topper for sale or know where to find one?

There's repros on ebay, sometimes an NOS there or here on Pinside but the repro's always available, just comes from Eastern Europe though long ship times. Got mine here from a Pinsider who had 2 NOS ones a year or so ago.

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Made mod for the ramp enhance. [quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea! Where did you procure the basketball piece?

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

We actually sell this mod at the Pinball Haus Brisbane. $12.50 each. Includes pre-installed mounting hardware.

Sorry I see the soccer WCS one but not the NBAFB one.

#658 3 years ago

Anyone know where to procure this basketball post? Upper left side of the picture, the post that the diverter uses...(Or just the basketball part and I can find the top post and mounting hardware separately). I have seen it for sale somewhere but I forget where. Thanks!

basketball post (resized).jpgbasketball post (resized).jpg

#660 3 years ago

Not the post itself, the basketball and mounting hardware. The post to the playfield is always there for the diverter. Anyone know where to find that basketball and mounting hardware?

#661 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not the post itself, the basketball and mounting hardware. The post to the playfield is always there for the diverter. Anyone know where to find that basketball and mounting hardware?

Ok found it. Promo keychain plastic..

1 week later
#664 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballer247:

I officially joined the club! Man this game is a blast!
[quoted image]

How's the Color DMD?

#667 3 years ago

More Lollipop Tops. Now I have enough inventory for my restore project to pick from as I go along.

10 28 20 More lollis just the best ones (resized).jpg10 28 20 More lollis just the best ones (resized).jpg

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Can we buy them from you at all?

I am not selling them. Just doing them for my restore project and my kids wanted a few. I can instruct you on how to make them if you PM me.

#671 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

I am thinking of getting one of these and wondering if there is anything to look for? fair price on these? Any problem areas to look out for or anything finnicky to check on?
thanks

Look for cracked ramps. especially the hook ramp basket. This is expensive to replace, probably $100 or more. Cracked plastics could be the left side sling cheerleader ($12 maybe) and the left side lane guide flame plastic (maybe $8-$10?). Check both plastics mentioned where the metal return ramp to the left in lane from the ball dropping.

#672 3 years ago

I am thinking of getting one of these and wondering if there is anything to look for? fair price on these? Any problem areas to look out for or anything finnicky to check on?
thanks

Good luck it's a great game!

#677 3 years ago

oh I see what you mean that blue post is missing going to that ramp good lord this things in bad shape then huh?
can any of you find a replacement hoop as well? the middle one I looked and could not even find reference of it lol. it seems this game has hard to find parts?

The right ramp is hard to get but get on the list to make by Starship Fantasy if you need one. The reed switches were hard to get but they are being remade now, details in a past post here.

#683 3 years ago

My latest NBAFB mod. The Hook Ramp Basket Bracket Cover: Not sure how that leading edge (rounded edge) will hold up with ball strikes, but it could be trimmed away easily, the cover is only 1/16" thick. Time will tell if it needs modification.
IMG_4990 (resized).JPGIMG_4990 (resized).JPGIMG_4991 (resized).JPGIMG_4991 (resized).JPG

IMG_5002 (resized).JPGIMG_5002 (resized).JPGIMG_5003 (resized).JPGIMG_5003 (resized).JPG
#684 3 years ago

never noticed it when seeing that ramp i thought the basket was it self no wonder I could not find it. so whats the weird color in then or the metal / silver part??
where is that at?
is there any thing on here that IS hard to get or NOT able to be gotten any ore?> if so what's the fix if its broke? just wanna know before I pick up a machine to look for that. i have seen its relatively hard to get the pass kickers tho. so if it doesnt pass well or kick up then it may be hard to fix?
Also how much stuff of this can I replace with OUT working on the back of the playfield also? I know a lot of stuff is held on with nuts at the bottom with nuts as well as screws on top how much of the above can be replaced/worked on just with glass off?

The left ramp, hook ramp, requires riveting the plastic to the metal basket rim as well as disassembly.

4 months later
#732 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I love mirror blades, but my for NBAFB I went with art blades. To me, it gives it more of a stadium venue feel seeing the fans in their seats.
[quoted image]

Where did you get the art blades?

#740 3 years ago

Brand new maple plywood bottom cab for my restore project, fully trimmed NBA Fastbreak manufactured by Paul Maletich At VirtuaPin....

https://virtuapin.net/

Paul does a fantastic job. He's got a very busy shop, well worth the wait.

Final product in the basement (resized).jpgFinal product in the basement (resized).jpg

Added over 3 years ago:

Paul did not make the decals.

1 month later
#753 2 years ago

I am in the process of restoring an NBA Fastbreak and replacing the original playfield with a NOS clear coated playfield. The original playfield has zero ball dimples. Was the NBA Fastbreak playfield processed differently, a different playfield coat than other machines? It really is solid in that respect. I know I can google it but anyone with fresh knowledge of it?

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

Where did you get the NOS?

Kruzman about 3 years ago. CC'd by Bill Davis he said.

2 months later
#770 2 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Good deal! I was talking to Paul about this awhile back for my NBAFB too, didn't pull the trigger, still might. Two questions for you:
1) How did it go with putting everything back in?
2) What did you do with the old NBAFB cabinet? Paul was hesitant to do a licensed cabinet unless I 'destroyed' or shipped him my current one. (even if he didn't make the decals)
Thanks, Keith

Not finished with the playfield swap yet.

3 months later
#810 2 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

The NBA right ramp should be available late next week.

Price?

1 week later
#813 2 years ago

I bought both of these from Planetary Pinball for my restore.

I don't think this linked outfit delivers to the US easily. Group buys from them were arranged in the past by a Pinsider named Zitt. He might be able to shed some light on that.

4 weeks later
#820 2 years ago
Quoted from Santis:

Hi everyone. Did someone got the new right ramp yet? To see how it looks. Thank you

I have it. I'll take a picture when I get the chance.

#822 2 years ago

Starship Fantasy NBAFB right ramp...

NBAFB Right Ramp SF (resized).jpgNBAFB Right Ramp SF (resized).jpg
6 months later
#905 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

It's missing the backbox ball.
I do not see it available anywhere
Part number- 31-2816.1
Marcos says 1.38 inches.
That's a little smaller than a ping pong ball i think.
Also on my first one i never handled the ball, so i don't know what it feels like or the weight.
Solutions?
Thanks,
Joe

I think I got mine from Planetary Pinball. There seems to be 2 different ones a brighter orange one and more brownish one. I have both. The Planetary one I thought was the right one.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-2816-1

4 weeks later
#951 1 year ago

I believe some people have put a spot bumper on the ball guide on the right, located below the pop. That's my re-collection anyway...

3 months later
#991 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Great stuff. Mines getting closer, decals went on this week. The great guy who's restoring it keeps sending me teaser pics.
Hope to have it when the fat guy rolls in.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those look like the PinballDecalseu.com ones. I used those as well.

3 months later
#1035 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Just in case...
ebay.com link: itm

I was able to get center and left ramp (hoop hook ramp) from Bay State amusements and the right ramp from Starship Fantasy. That was right when Larry had the right ramp first ready so it's been awhile.

10 months later
#1159 3 months ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Are PIN2DMD colorization files done and available for NBA Fastbreak? Who has them and how do I get (or purchase) a set? I don't see mention of it on the VPUniverse forum.

What's better PIN2DMD or ColorDMD?

2 months later
#1198 22 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

Hello everyone, the shot clock on my Fastbreak every time it turns on remains static at number 24, could this be a bug in the rom? I've already noticed some sound bugs in this version I'm using (2.1)

Stuck on Kobe's follow up uniform number. Spooky.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/why-kobe-bryant-changed-jersey-numbers-and-what-no-8-and-no-24-meant-to-the-nba-legend/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KozMckPinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club?tu=KozMckPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.