IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
nba5 (resized).jpg
IMG_9189 (resized).png
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.
#401 3 years ago

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-plastics/playfield-plastics-complete-sets/nba-fastbreak-back-box-plastic-set-nbafb/

I’m going to get new backbox plastics. I also need the plastic fasteners that attach these guides to the backbox. Anyone know what they are called and where to get them?

Thanks!

#402 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m going to get new backbox plastics. I also need the plastic fasteners that attach these guides to the backbox. Anyone know what they are called and where to get them?

Something like those I assume?
https://www.pinballlife.com/pcb-standoffspacer-12.html

#403 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

plenty of details in the manual it seems
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#405 3 years ago

I bought this kit, has both the plastics and standoffs needed:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-2814-XX

#406 3 years ago

I just installed that plastic set from Marco's, looks like it might have been their last one too. Sorry about that, but my backbox needed some rehab! Got some new backdrop art, plastic set, and a whole lot of Novus and elbow grease on the translite to make it look new!

Wanted to retrobrite the lamp sockets, but hydrogen peroxide is in short supply, and I wasnt sure how smart it was to do in the first place.

This is my first table, just picked it up a few weeks ago after a 16 hour non stop round trip! Love how fast it is, and I am a happy new member of the club.

If this is a faux pas I apologize, but I have a tech support question? I am hearing a humming coming from the right side of the table, seems to correlate to the operation and general vicinity of the right loop diverter; is that indicative of a coil in need of replacement? Just kinda hums for extended periods of time, and it seems shots bust right through and end up in the paint regardless of what is lit.

ps if anyone wants the pictured plastics I uninstalled, seems they might clean up ok and be serviceable, I will happily send them to anyone that sends me a self addressed envelope at no charge. Pretty sure its a complete set, but a little grimy, and one piece has had some tape repair work done to it. It played just fine though.

Backboxdirt2 (resized).jpgBackboxdirt2 (resized).jpgBackboxclean2 (resized).jpgBackboxclean2 (resized).jpgBackboxdirt (resized).jpgBackboxdirt (resized).jpgBackboxclean (resized).jpgBackboxclean (resized).jpg
#407 3 years ago

I got a set of backbox plastics from here.

https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-31-2814.html

#408 3 years ago

I took the shoot button off because the light was burned out and now after I press it a few times in a game it pushes the piece down a little and it does not hit the little switch button. Is there a way to secure the light insert piece that holds it firmly in place?

#409 3 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I just installed that plastic set from Marco's, looks like it might have been their last one too. Sorry about that, but my backbox needed some rehab! Got some new backdrop art, plastic set, and a whole lot of Novus and elbow grease on the translite to make it look new!
Wanted to retrobrite the lamp sockets, but hydrogen peroxide is in short supply, and I wasnt sure how smart it was to do in the first place.
This is my first table, just picked it up a few weeks ago after a 16 hour non stop round trip! Love how fast it is, and I am a happy new member of the club.
If this is a faux pas I apologize, but I have a tech support question? I am hearing a humming coming from the right side of the table, seems to correlate to the operation and general vicinity of the right loop diverter; is that indicative of a coil in need of replacement? Just kinda hums for extended periods of time, and it seems shots bust right through and end up in the paint regardless of what is lit.
ps if anyone wants the pictured plastics I uninstalled, seems they might clean up ok and be serviceable, I will happily send them to anyone that sends me a self addressed envelope at no charge. Pretty sure its a complete set, but a little grimy, and one piece has had some tape repair work done to it. It played just fine though.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What did you use to clean up the white tub? If Novus, Novus 1, 2 or 3? This tub seems to be unobtainable. Also, does anyone know if the backbox switch is available for purchase? Thanks!

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

What did you use to clean up the white tub? If Novus, Novus 1, 2 or 3? This tub seems to be unobtainable. Also, does anyone know if the backbox switch is available for purchase? Thanks!

After stripping it completely I used a magic eraser and an only slightly diluted mix of simple green. I let it soak a bit and went over it 3 times.

Thankfully the original background art didnt leave much of a mess behind with adhesive.

I was worried I was going to end up breaking it and have to buy a light tub and punch holes in it myself, but it was a pretty easy process altogether.

I couldnt find the backbox rollover switch for purchase; it has a diode across some of its legs, so I am guessing its not interchangeable? Luckily mine still works fine, if not I was going to use a more accessible rollover and solder the diode on there and hope for the best.

Novus I used to clean up the translite as mine was dinged up, and it worked really well. Looks almost new.

Just got my first trophy.. well as it drained it said "trophy complete!" so I didnt have much time to enjoy it but I still felt it.

Loving this table!

#411 3 years ago

What did you use for new adhesive for the art panel to the tub?

#412 3 years ago

What did you use for new adhesive for the art panel to the tub?

The replacement is a big sticker basically. Its think too; no need to worry about bubbles.

#413 3 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

The replacement is a big sticker basically. Its think too; no need to worry about bubbles.

Thanks. I have the replacement art as well. Starting my NBAFB restore soon.

#414 3 years ago

Thanks. I have the replacement art as well. Starting my NBAFB restore soon.

post pics!

I got a decal set for mine, but I gotta wait for it to warm up before I bondo/paint and apply them.

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I took the shoot button off because the light was burned out and now after I press it a few times in a game it pushes the piece down a little and it does not hit the little switch button. Is there a way to secure the light insert piece that holds it firmly in place?

Anybody?

#416 3 years ago

Go back and make sure you put it back together correctly.

#417 3 years ago

The switch part with the light attached is easily pulled from the shoot button part. If I press down on that with my finger the button part clicks the switch otherwise it does not reach quite far enough to click it every time. I’m pretty sure I have it hooked up right

4BAE3557-A778-4DEE-9347-8312B09A520E (resized).jpeg4BAE3557-A778-4DEE-9347-8312B09A520E (resized).jpeg
#418 3 years ago

Looks fine to me. While holding it like that push the shoot button and make sure it’s moving freely and not binding. Something happened when you took it apart and put it back together. I assume there was no issues with the button before?

#419 3 years ago

There was not any issues previously. The shoot button moves freely up and down as well. Is something supposed to hold the switch assembly in place?

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Is something supposed to hold the switch assembly in place?

Yeah the plastic housing surrounding it. Looks like yours is there. The switch should be snug.

440C4002-A077-4302-B11C-9F6A62739FF5 (resized).jpeg440C4002-A077-4302-B11C-9F6A62739FF5 (resized).jpeg9EAEC8FC-C1F9-4920-A675-4BBD56C0D724 (resized).jpeg9EAEC8FC-C1F9-4920-A675-4BBD56C0D724 (resized).jpeg
#421 3 years ago

On the one I had you had to add a bit of force to reseat the switch assembly back into the shoot button. It would feel like you bottomed out the switch into the button but if you pressed the button you could see the white prongs not fully pressing the black nub of the microswitch down.

#422 3 years ago

Do you have the inner part of the the switch properly seated into the tabs on the switch and check the female sta-kons make sure they still got a good bite on the terminals of the switch.

#423 3 years ago

Thanks guys, the picture really helped. I didn’t have the light bulb piece snapped down into the shoot button. I really had to push hard with a screwdriver but it does snap into place.

2 weeks later
#424 3 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with resetting mid game? Just started happening. No evidence of battery leakage. Thanks for any thoughts

1037F69F-5A46-4BF1-8702-FFDE9D0DB3EB (resized).jpeg1037F69F-5A46-4BF1-8702-FFDE9D0DB3EB (resized).jpeg
#425 3 years ago

My understanding is you have a power issue. Dropping the 5 volts I believe. That’s precisely where my knowledge ends. Haha

#426 3 years ago

I have been working on a project machine where i had to replace the translite and the backbox glass. I am not sure I am able to keep the translite as flush as it could against the glass when I put the trim on and it seems the translite catch the ball once in a while...

Am I missing a post inside the assembly to keep the translite flush against the glass to avoid getting the ball stuck? The repro ball seems the same size as teh beat up original so I don't think that's it... why is it so cramped in there?!?

20200422_203450 (resized).jpg20200422_203450 (resized).jpg

#427 3 years ago

Just joined the club! This is a great game!

20200423_000347 (resized).jpg20200423_000347 (resized).jpg
#428 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I have been working on a project machine where i had to replace the translite and the backbox glass. I am not sure I am able to keep the translite as flush as it could against the glass when I put the trim on and it seems the translite catch the ball once in a while...
Am I missing a post inside the assembly to keep the translite flush against the glass to avoid getting the ball stuck? The repro ball seems the same size as teh beat up original so I don't think that's it... why is it so cramped in there?!?
[quoted image]

do you have the standoffs that go from the ball guides the the translite installed ?

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Just joined the club! This is a great game![quoted image]

nice game can you tell me what colour they went with on dennis rodmans hair? i going to put one in mine i think

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

[quoted image]

The standoffs seem too short. They should be longer like the ones you have over by the guides by the flipper. They should be the same ones all the way around.

#431 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

nice game can you tell me what colour they went with on dennis rodmans hair? i going to put one in mine i think

Joka- Here you go. Rodman's hair is a nice canary yellow. The game really benefits from a colordmd. Highly recommended.

Resized_20200424_132327 (resized).jpgResized_20200424_132327 (resized).jpg
#432 3 years ago

Joka- Here you go. Rodman's hair is a nice canary yellow. The game really benefits from a colordmd. Highly recommended.[quoted image]

love it! you sold me. you have lcd or led? im thinking led

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

love it! you sold me. you have lcd or led? im thinking led

LED all the way!

#434 3 years ago

LED all the way!

Great to hear you have LED yours looks mint

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

do you have the standoffs that go from the ball guides the the translite installed ?

I tried to follow the manual and look at picture but i could not see any of those? The manual legend call for some 1/2" standoff but the drawing doesn't show where it goes...

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The standoffs seem too short. They should be longer like the ones you have over by the guides by the flipper. They should be the same ones all the way around.

I used the size mentioned in the manual, 3/4" tall standoff

This is what mine looks like, the 3 plastics in the middlehave holes in the center, should i put 3x 1/2 standoff there?
20200424_194852 (resized).jpg20200424_194852 (resized).jpg

#436 3 years ago

Not sure. Yours might be right. Not sure what your issue is.

#437 3 years ago

I'm completely missing the light tub in my project

Anyone know where I might find one?

#438 3 years ago

LED all the way!

Now I'm sold on the LED. Thanks for that.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I'm completely missing the light tub in my project
Anyone know where I might find one?

they are on ebay for sale
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NBA-Fastbreak-Backbox-Globe-Tray-Inner-Mr-Pinball/151367168143?hash=item233e2fb08f:g:CAIAAOSwEK9T1eIK

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I tried to follow the manual and look at picture but i could not see any of those? The manual legend call for some 1/2" standoff but the drawing doesn't show where it goes...

I used the size mentioned in the manual, 3/4" tall standoff
This is what mine looks like, the 3 plastics in the middlehave holes in the center, should i put 3x 1/2 standoff there?
[quoted image]

yes your missing the standoffs that go out to the translite

put the smaller standoffs through those holes in the middle plastics, ill send a pic if you need more help

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I just want to say that I miss being in this club! Such a fun game.

I'm back in the club! Nothing like dropping 187 with the Washington Bullets, only to lose trophy multi-ball by a point.

Are you guys going LCD or LED for the color DMD?

20200425_212719.jpg20200425_212719.jpg
#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

yes your missing the standoffs that go out to the translite

put the smaller standoffs through those holes in the middle plastics, ill send a pic if you need more help

that did it, 3x 1/2" standoff and there is no problem with hang up now.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I'm back in the club! Nothing like dropping 187 with the Washington Bullets, only to lose trophy multi-ball by a point.
Are you guys going LCD or LED for the color DMD?[quoted image]

Nice man it is decided led is the go, like your LED light layout

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

that did it, 3x 1/2" standoff and there is no problem with hang up now.

Perfect

#445 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I went LED in mine and it looks great.

#446 3 years ago

Just got my first ring and was so close to a second. Does anything special happen when you get all the rings for every team?

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I

LCD Here.

LED on WPC95 does not look very nice in my opinion.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

Nice man it is decided led is the go, like your LED light layout

Quoted from joelbob:

I went LED in mine and it looks great.

Quoted from moTiv8:

LCD Here.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Thank you.

#449 3 years ago

Just got my first ring and was so close to a second. Does anything special happen when you get all the rings for every team?

More then likely your initials for that team. Nothing happens collecting rings for every team. You just make it harder for some else to get the high score for that time because now they have to get the same number of rings or more plus beat high score.

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

LCD Here.

Do you mind posting a pic of the LCD?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
There are 1,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/9?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.