IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
There are 1,212 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 25.
#351 4 years ago

Anyone ever have the flippers just die during the game? Midway through a decent ball, they just die. The ball drains. It starts up another ball just fine... until it gets midway through a good ball again.

#352 4 years ago

I don't know WPC games well but my first guess is the opto's in the trough are confused and think the ball drained and it ends the ball. So maybe run some tests on your trough switches.

second guess is a loose fuse clip/holder on the flipper board. Are they called fliptronic boards? maybe check there.

#353 4 years ago

I’m having periodic rejects from the left ramp when the diverter is down. Anyone else seen this? Any tips? My diverter is new. Was installed right before I got it.

I’d say it rejects on hard forehand shots about 50% of the time.

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Biggest gripe i have with that is i have to reset the screen every damn time i turn it on.

Never heard of a problem like that. Which firmware version do you run ?. Is it a EVO board ? Is it set to DE128x16 mode or do you use autodetection ?

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

Anyone ever have the flippers just die during the game? Midway through a decent ball, they just die. The ball drains. It starts up another ball just fine... until it gets midway through a good ball again.

I just posted in the Avengers thread about this a few minutes ago. My avengers keeps doing it and it is driving me nuts...has to be switch related but i'm not seeing it.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

I just posted in the Avengers thread about this a few minutes ago. My avengers keeps doing it and it is driving me nuts...has to be switch related but i'm not seeing it.

Too many balls in the game? Test your trough switches individually in the switch test.

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Never heard of a problem like that. Which firmware version do you run ?. Is it a EVO board ? Is it set to DE128x16 mode or do you use autodetection ?

Evo board. The firm version is whatever it was 5 months ago when i first got it. It does come up as virtual pinball unitl i do the manual reset and after it goes to what it should. But hey it does work. I havent gone through the actually menus. Havent tried to be honest. If you know something im all ears

20200130_200722 (resized).jpg20200130_200722 (resized).jpg20200130_200325 (resized).jpg20200130_200325 (resized).jpg
#358 4 years ago

Evo board. The firm version is whatever it was 5 months ago when i first got it. It does come up as virtual pinball unitl i do the manual reset and after it goes to what it should. But hey it does work. I havent gone through the actually menus. Havent tried to be honest. If you know something im all ears[quoted image][quoted image]

Just go into the onscreen menu by holding down either BTN1 or BTN2 during reset, change the devicemode to DE128x16 and save the config. That should fix the problem.

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Just go into the onscreen menu by holding down either BTN1 or BTN2 during reset, change the devicemode to DE128x16 and save the config. That should fix the problem.

Awesome! I will be doing it later this evening and get back to you on it. Appreciate it

Couldnt resist. Had to pop out the display to see what i was clicking on but changed the setting and boom no more reseting. I can finally just turn the machine on and its good.

Its BTN1 you hold down during reset

#360 4 years ago

Does anyone one know if you change the strength or power of the ball launch. My machine sends it flying majority of time.Looked through the manual and didnt see an adjustment for it.

#361 4 years ago

This standup snapped off A-17793-3. Anyone have a line on one?

Switch (resized).PNGSwitch (resized).PNG
#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

This standup snapped off A-17793-3. Anyone have a line on one?[quoted image]

I believe the only place that has them is overseas. I just finished a restore on one of my two fastbreaks a couple of weeks ago and after about the 10th game, that exact target snapped in half on mine. I swapped out all of them to orange, and actually like the orange look better. The only problem was that Pinball life only had the rectangluar orange and Marco only had the round orange, so I had to order them from two different places.

#363 4 years ago

Pinballlife.com has them instock now circle and oblong in orange. Put them on mine and cant complain. I know purple is the original color but its a solid option.

Quoted from Boat:

This standup snapped off A-17793-3. Anyone have a line on one?[quoted image]

#364 4 years ago

Pinballlife.com has them instock now circle and oblong in orange. Put them on mine and cant complain. I know purple is the original color but its a solid option.

Son of a..... I literally just ordered last week and they were out. Damn you Terry! LOL

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Son of a..... I literally just ordered last week and they were out. Damn you Terry! LOL

Have you already put the new ones in? If not hold onto them as backup

#366 4 years ago

Guys, its not for my game but the original part number has different mounting according to Marco's image. The playfield mounting is perpindicular to the switch.

unless the photo is just wrong?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-17793

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Guys, its not for my game but the original part number has different mounting according to Marco's image. The playfield mounting is perpindicular to the switch.
unless the photo is just wrong?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-17793

The photo appears to be wrong. I ordered and installed all three of the orange ones and they were all correct.

#369 4 years ago

I had 3 different shape and colors for the 3PT targets so i just soldered in new orange ones. Purple was not available but im going to be putting on cushioned target decals that are orange so its not that big of a deal imo. Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks nice, what color are those lights under your ramps ?

#370 4 years ago

Would love to see a led colordmd in action to help make up my mind, can anyone confirm if they coloured Dennis Rodmans hair

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from Joka:

Would love to see a led colordmd in action to help make up my mind, can anyone confirm if they coloured Dennis Rodmans hair

I’d be happy to see either lcd or led

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’d be happy to see either lcd or led

there is a LCD on youtube and here

#374 4 years ago

Does anyone have any backbox plastics for the ball track? I need one piece that missing from mine and they don't sell it individually unless I order from Australia. Marco has the entire kit, but I don't want to get the entire kit so I didn't know if anyone had bought a kit and didn't need the piece I need.

I need the triangle shaped piece right next to the switch, 31-2814-4A

736A02E0-227D-40DE-AB65-59E9FE93ADC3 (resized).jpeg736A02E0-227D-40DE-AB65-59E9FE93ADC3 (resized).jpeg
#375 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

Does anyone have any backbox plastics for the ball track? I need one piece that missing from mine and they don't sell it individually unless I order from Australia. Marco has the entire kit, but I don't want to get the entire kit so I didn't know if anyone had bought a kit and didn't need the piece I need.
I need the triangle shaped piece right next to the switch, 31-2814-4A[quoted image]

get intouch with vbobrusev here on pinside.

#376 4 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I need the triangle shaped piece right next to the switch, 31-2814-4A[quoted image]

Should have it. Will check it tomorrow

#377 4 years ago

I feel like these flashers are very bright and go off a lot. Any suggestions on dimming them down somehow?

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I feel like these flashers are very bright and go off a lot. Any suggestions on dimming them down somehow?

Has it been converted to LED flashers? If so, convert the flashers back to incandescent. LED flashers are blinding in this game.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Has it been converted to LED flashers? If so, convert the flashers back to incandescent. LED flashers are blinding in this game.

Yup. Just swapped then to incandescent. Still pretty bright.

#380 4 years ago

Flashers are brighter than the other bulbs to distract the player to help loose the ball faster. Remember these are games meant to be in a dark arcade to make money for the operator.

Now, if one is locked on and brighter that usual, that is a problem.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

You could put a small piece of electrical tape vertically on the bulbs on the side facing the player. That should knock down the direct light coming right at you.

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

You could also paint the inside of the dome flasher cover with a matching paint so it wont be as translucent.

#383 4 years ago

Does anyone else have problems with the ball launching at beginning of turn. That thing comes flying out and doesnt go to the pop bumpers how it should. Ive replaced the coil and plunger and still it shoots it way to hard.

#384 4 years ago

Hey guys, I started this tread for my NBA Fastbreak rebooting issues if you don't mind taking a look.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-reseting

Middle of a game last night everything restarted and now my CPU looks to be stuck in a reboot loop.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Hey guys, I started this tread for my NBA Fastbreak rebooting issues if you don't mind taking a look.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-reseting
Middle of a game last night everything restarted and now my CPU looks to be stuck in a reboot loop.

Have you installed the never reset mod for the bally williams games? I put one on my fastbreak and no issuses on a self reset.

No More Reset – PinSound
https://www.pinsound.org/no-more-reset/

I believe there are a couple other places that sell this also.

#386 4 years ago

Have you installed the never reset mod for the bally williams games? I put one on my fastbreak and no issuses on a self reset.
No More Reset – PinSound
https://www.pinsound.org/no-more-reset/
I believe there are a couple other places that sell this also.

The original is cheaper and as effective (see link below) - but neither should take the place of a proper 5V fix on the driver board...I do own a Kahr to get me through parties or when troubleshooting....

In Joel's case, I had him simply re-seat his ASIC chip and all was well again....he had a different type of game reset issue.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1013-kahrus-circuits/00092-wpc-power-fix-daughterboard

1 week later
#387 4 years ago

I'm looking to replace this plastic on top (sits back left in the playfied), so see this https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-2810-6a.html, and when I order from another place, the replacement comes and looks like the bottom. I look around the web and the bottom looks like the part most common, so then what do I have currently??? Some one-off part? I'm asking the person I bought it from too. Just kind of weird. Maybe someone else can take a look at what they have......

IMG_0520 (resized).jpgIMG_0520 (resized).jpg
#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

I'm looking to replace this plastic on top (sits back left in the playfied), so see this https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-2810-6a.html, and when I order from another place, the replacement comes and looks like the bottom. I look around the web and the bottom looks like the part most common, so then what do I have currently??? Some one-off part? I'm asking the person I bought it from too. Just kind of weird. Maybe someone else can take a look at what they have......[quoted image]

I just restored one and I am restoring another one right now. Both are identical.

6FF56E0D-32F3-4ECD-BB9A-FAF3B2A3601B (resized).jpeg6FF56E0D-32F3-4ECD-BB9A-FAF3B2A3601B (resized).jpeg
#389 4 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

I'm looking to replace this plastic on top (sits back left in the playfied), so see this https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-2810-6a.html, and when I order from another place, the replacement comes and looks like the bottom. I look around the web and the bottom looks like the part most common, so then what do I have currently??? Some one-off part? I'm asking the person I bought it from too. Just kind of weird. Maybe someone else can take a look at what they have......[quoted image]

My machine has the one at the bottom of your pic

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Mine is the same as the bottom plastic. The top plastic at the end on the right would just go around that post supporting the ramp. A ball cant get that far back. So technically in my opinion it does not serve a purpose.

#391 4 years ago

Thank you for the responses. Kind of strange why it was even made that way. The player plastics were also slight different with blue trim, not clear you see on most games. Could be many things - someone was making them years ago, factory had different versions throughout production, etc.

#392 4 years ago

How sensitive do you have your pop bumpers? When I first got my machine they barely registered and I could never get through more than one power hoops in a game so could never get to a championship. I have now tightened them up but am almost always in a power hoops until they are completed. Should I loosen them back up or change something in my game settings? How many “pops” do you typically get after every shot?

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

How sensitive do you have your pop bumpers? When I first got my machine they barely registered and I could never get through more than one power hoops in a game so could never get to a championship. I have now tightened them up but am almost always in a power hoops until they are completed. Should I loosen them back up or change something in my game settings? How many “pops” do you typically get after every shot?

Put your game in switch test and bang on the playfield a bit with your hand. Do the pops register? If so, then you're too tight. If your pops are only going off when the ball hits them, then you have them set great. The more pops the better.

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Put your game in switch test and bang on the playfield a bit with your hand. Do the pops register? If so, then you're too tight. If your pops are only going off when the ball hits them, then you have them set great. The more pops the better.

They never go off unless a ball hits them. I must be good then.

#395 4 years ago

Sounds like they are adjusted perfectly then. If it gets too easy to get through those modes, I think you can make them harder in the settings.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from Y3AG3R:

Found it. The coin door switch needed to be adjusted. It was just barely closed most of the time, so if anything happened the flippers would disconnect because the coin door was open. Just a minor bend on the bracket and it's great now.

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from Draegermeister:

Found it. The coin door switch needed to be adjusted. It was just barely closed most of the time, so if anything happened the flippers would disconnect because the coin door was open. Just a minor bend on the bracket and it's great now.

Good find, I just opened mine up and noticed the tab on my lock was a little bent causing the door to remain a little more open than it should. I have bent it back into shape so the door is a little more snug when closed. I'll keep you posted to see if that solved my issue as well.

#398 4 years ago

I'm guessing this is a no, but any hoarders have a nice right ramp? I have the left and centers, but I want to go ahead and replace them all.

#399 4 years ago

I had a great game today 214 and one ring with the Pistons. Spurs are my go to team on this game, but I was clearing out any initials that weren't mine. My topper is a Spurs hat signed by George Gomez from Expo.

IMG_4889 (resized).jpgIMG_4889 (resized).jpg
#400 4 years ago

Trent came over and put 247 on the raptors on mine. I haven’t played any other team since he did that. Closest I’ve been is 240. Can’t get it off of there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 1,212 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/8?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.