IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
nba5 (resized).jpg
IMG_9189 (resized).png
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.
#302 4 years ago

Great, I have two linked Fastbreaks, this is gonna get expensive quickly.

#303 4 years ago

Awesome!

#304 4 years ago

Dammit there goes another few hundred but definitely excited about this i think 100% in

#305 4 years ago

Just purchased mine. This will be my first Color DMD.

#306 4 years ago

Curious , how does the LCD fit into fast break? We tried a week or so ago and it didn’t fit as the flipper mech on the back glass seemed to get in the way. Have any of you had success ?

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Curious , how does the LCD fit into fast break? We tried a week or so ago and it didn’t fit as the flipper mech on the back glass seemed to get in the way. Have any of you had success ?

The LCD will have to fit in, as I have mates that have them in their MM, and they have the same plastic tub in the head.

#308 4 years ago

Anyone know if the jersey colors change with team selection? That would be cool

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

The LCD will have to fit in, as I have mates that have them in their MM, and they have the same plastic tub in the head.

Yes, it fits fine in MM as well as Gophers, they don't have flipper mech's attached to the translight lol

#310 4 years ago

I am so excited to enjoy my baby in color !!
The waiting is over.

#311 4 years ago

So whats the big difference between the two avaible on there website

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

So whats the big difference between the two avaible on there website

Yes what's the recommendation between LED and LCD here? I'd guess LCD better for me.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:Yes what's the recommendation between LED and LCD here? I'd guess LCD better for me. I think LED is sharper HD quality but I like the LCD display in the MMR I own.

I would like to see the differnece with pics

#316 4 years ago

LED hardware is smaller, fits a tighter space than the LCD.

#317 4 years ago

LCD for deeper blacks (IMO) and consistent colors from all angles. LED version you still see the LEDs which are off (unless you add a film over the screen), and at an angle you can see separation in the LED colors a bit(IE for purple you can see the individual red and blue LEDs). Gonna have to see if LCD is a confirmed fit in this machine before I order though

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

LCD for deeper blacks (IMO) and consistent colors from all angles. LED version you still see the LEDs which are off (unless you add a film over the screen), and at an angle you can see separation in the LED colors a bit(IE for purple you can see the individual red and blue LEDs). Gonna have to see if LCD is a confirmed fit in this machine before I order though

The LED version is the one with deeper blacks and better viewing angles.
LCD has more options as far as dots and smoothing.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The LED version is the one with deeper blacks and better viewing angles.

hehe the difference in opinions continue

#320 4 years ago

If the LCD did not fit, it would not be available in their store. A local Pinsider installed a Sigma LCD for TPF 2017 without any issues.

http://shop.colordmd.com

#321 4 years ago

installing new ROM today...

#322 4 years ago

Hey guys - just making a repro part announcement. We began making repro MRS' (as found in NBAFB - there are 7 - in fact, the most in a WMS pin) in mid-2019 - but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and didn't want to get overrun with orders). We've been branching out to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in CV, SC, NGG, SW EP1 and CC ...MRS' went unobtanium half a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. Our MRS is plug/play - it is lighter, thinner and more sensitive (which we've found is key when playfields have clear-coats applied!) than the original MRS. You can see a pic of the repro MRS solo and in a lineup with an original Williams MRS, a Sega MRS (used in Maverick, Space Jam and SWT) and a repro M&M Creations MRS. The wait list was caught up so time to help more folks...just PM if interested!

Matt & Dan

MRS-R (resized).jpgMRS-R (resized).jpgmrs_compare (resized).jpgmrs_compare (resized).jpg
#323 4 years ago

Swapping over the ColorDMD LCD from Demo Man. Luckily I have a foam gasket I bought to use the ColorDMD with Star Trek pro - because NBA has the same issue where the screen cannot mount flush.

Not getting power from J138 though, so checking what's up with that.

#324 4 years ago

It's looks great in led!

20200118_080021 (resized).jpg20200118_080021 (resized).jpg
#325 4 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

Hey guys - just making a repro part announcement. We began making repro MRS' (as found in NBAFB - there are 7 - in fact, the most in a WMS pin) in mid-2019 - but only announced on the RFM page (they are handmade and didn't want to get overrun with orders). We've been branching out to other pin clubs that utilize this crazy unobtanium switch....the MRS stands for Magnetic Reed Switch - and they are also found in CV, SC, NGG, SW EP1 and CC ...MRS' went unobtanium half a dozen years ago or so - so my partner and I at M&M Creations decided to remake them. Our MRS is plug/play - it is lighter, thinner and more sensitive (which we've found is key when playfields have clear-coats applied!) than the original MRS. You can see a pic of the repro MRS solo and in a lineup with an original Williams MRS, a Sega MRS (used in Maverick, Space Jam and SWT) and a repro M&M Creations MRS. The wait list was caught up so time to help more folks...just PM if interested!
Matt & Dan[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have these listed in a separate post and what is the price please?

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Do you have these listed in a separate post and what is the price please?

It's pretty much listed in every pinball club forum they were used in - as well as under the new parts announcement forum...shipping to AU is $15 (I've shipped dozens there already)....the switches are $25/piece (this is the price they were 6 years ago when they went poof).....shipping domestically in the US is $4.50

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Swapping over the ColorDMD LCD from Demo Man. Luckily I have a foam gasket I bought to use the ColorDMD with Star Trek pro - because NBA has the same issue where the screen cannot mount flush.
Not getting power from J138 though, so checking what's up with that.

Do you have a picture of how this is mounted? I like LCD better but if there is a space issue I may have to go LED

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Do you have a picture of how this is mounted? I like LCD better but if there is a space issue I may have to go LED

No issue with space fitting the LCD, but it appears to be set back from the clear plastic area of the speaker panel quite a bit because of the fix-mounted studs that NBA has. The foam gasket I have fixes that. This is a mounting kit for WPC though since I had originally bought it for The Shadow and I had a Stern mounting kit when I swapped it over in Star Trek. So not sure if you ordered a ColorDMD specifically for WPC95 if you'd have the set-back issue I have?

Right now though, trying to figure out why I get no power when connected to J138. The power cable is long enough to reach to Demo Man next to NBA. I plugged in the cable to J116 on there and get power just fine.

#329 4 years ago

I have the kit specifically listed for NBAFB (lcd). It fits just fine in the backbox but does sit back. It doesn't look bad at all, but I will get the gasket too. It will make it a cleaner install. No power problem on my J138 btw.

#330 4 years ago

If anybody gets some time would they mind posting a clip of this new beauty in action

#331 4 years ago

Is there a compilation of the trivia questions and answers somewhere? Just joined the club and want to study up!

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

I have the kit specifically listed for NBAFB (lcd). It fits just fine in the backbox but does sit back. It doesn't look bad at all, but I will get the gasket too. It will make it a cleaner install. No power problem on my J138 btw.

I do have the same mounting kit after checking the documentation on their site. Foam gasket works well, forget which Pinsider was selling them a while back. It was needed for Star Trek due to the angled speaker panel allowing a lot of light to bleed thru and it just looked ugly with the large gap.

I’ll get back to it later today when watching football and take video of no one else has posted one yet.

#333 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is there a compilation of the trivia questions and answers somewhere? Just joined the club and want to study up!

http://pinball.org/rules/nbafastbreak.html#Trivia_Section
I think that’s all the questions Chuck

#336 4 years ago

Great, glad there’s a workaround. I can’t snip my posts because I tend to move around my colordmd and no idea if it will stay in NBA.

#337 4 years ago

All good here, no power from J138 was due to a blown fuse at F109. Need to download and install the code and I'll take some video and cycle thru the different LCD options.

#338 4 years ago

Here's some video of the LCD modes available.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Great, glad there’s a workaround. I can’t snip my posts because I tend to move around my colordmd and no idea if it will stay in NBA.

I was thinking the same thing, but if you had to go back to the original, maybe some washers or nylon spacers may work.

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

I was thinking the same thing, but if you had to go back to the original, maybe some washers or nylon spacers may work.

yup. I also noticed that if you have the LCD version, the screen is bigger at the top than the frame, so it rests against a piece of plastic lengthwise. That would need to be trimmed too.

Nice to see the color for NBA - thank you to ColorDMD.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

yup. I also noticed that if you have the LCD version, the screen is bigger at the top than the frame, so it rests against a piece of plastic lengthwise. That would need to be trimmed too.
Nice to see the color for NBA - thank you to ColorDMD.

No need to trim anything when using the LCD screen, fits just fine. This is what I installed the other day. The LCD screen has been taller than the speaker panel in all the games I’ve installed it in and it has fit. Shadow, Star Trek Pro, Demi Man, NBA, TFTC and a few others I can’t recall.

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

No need to trim anything when using the LCD screen, fits just fine. This is what I installed the other day. The LCD screen has been taller than the speaker panel in all the games I’ve installed it in and it has fit. Shadow, Star Trek Pro, Demi Man, NBA, TFTC and a few others I can’t recall.

yes, it fits fine, but still sits back. If you want it to be flush (like the LED with the standoffs clipped), you need to clip the standoffs and trim the long piece as well. Or you can install the gasket to cover the gap.

#343 4 years ago

Oh ok, I got what you are saying. You’re right, even with the standoffs clipped, it would still sit back since it’s taller than the speaker panel.

#344 4 years ago

All good!

#345 4 years ago

Im so confused and having a hard time trying to decide led and lcd. I have a color led on my data east hook thats made by pin2dmd i believe. Biggest gripe i have with that is i have to reset the screen every damn time i turn it on.

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Im so confused and having a hard time trying to decide led and lcd. I have a color led on my data east hook thats made by pin2dmd i believe. Biggest gripe i have with that is i have to reset the screen every damn time i turn it on.

I guess decide if you prefer dots or want to play around the with different modes available on the LCD screen. On some games, I do prefer the HiRES, SCAN or DOTSXL (prefer this on NBA). The LED screen is certainly brighter - I have the LED screen on my Baywatch and am very happy with the brightness and viewing angles. With the LCD, I'm not 100% happy with the brightness and viewing angles.

At my 6'4" height, the screen is a a bit washed out. But if I crouch down a bit, the black background looks more black than gray. If I was to buy a dedicated ColorDMD for NBA, it would be the LED screen for sure.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I guess decide if you prefer dots or want to play around the with different modes available on the LCD screen. On some games, I do prefer the HiRES, SCAN or DOTSXL (prefer this on NBA). The LED screen is certainly brighter - I have the LED screen on my Baywatch and am very happy with the brightness and viewing angles. With the LCD, I'm not 100% happy with the brightness and viewing angles.
At my 6'4" height, the screen is a a bit washed out. But if I crouch down a bit, the black background looks more black than gray. If I was to buy a dedicated ColorDMD for NBA, it would be the LED screen for sure.

I have an LED in my Frankenstein that looks great too. I'm thinking I'll buy an LED for my NBA Fastbreaks when I get a chance.

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I have an LED in my Frankenstein that looks great too. I'm thinking I'll buy an LED for my NBA Fastbreaks when I get a chance.

Different led in the larger screen games that Sega made, the dots are much closer together than standard size led

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Different led in the larger screen games that Sega made, the dots are much closer together than standard size led

I have seen other Colordmd LED screens in machines and it looks fine to me. I like dots.

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It will be dedicated. Thanks for the tip. Looks like ill get the led. Might as well make it match my other colordmd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 1,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/7?hl=y3ag3r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.