IMG_2639.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-22 000700.png
Screenshot_20240421-180408-054 (resized).png
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
There are 1,256 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 26.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

My insert list (the number of inserts on the pf, not amount I ordered) :
1) Pink - 9 #555 1SMDT10PFT (purple)
2) Red - 18 #555 1SMDT10RFT
3) Blue - 6 #555 1SMDT10BFT and Ice Blue #555 1SMDT10IBFT and Ice Blue #44 1SMDT10IBFT bayonet
4) Green - 7 #555 1SMDT10GFT and #44 1SMDBA49SGFT bayonet
5) Orange - 7 #555 1SMDT10AFT
6) Yellow - 10 or 12 #555 1SMDT10YFT
7) White - 0 or 2
I bought insert bulbs Comet P/N example for Red 1SMDT10RFT, these are #555 (wedge) frosted. #44 is a bayonet bulb. I bought all frosted.
I bought a 25 pack 5050 frosted warm white #44 bayonet. 1SMDBA49SWWFT
I bought a 25 pack 5050 frosted natural white #555 wedge. 1SMDT10NWFT
I bought a 25 pack 5050 frosted warm white #555 wedge. 1SMDT10WWFT
Most people leave backbox bulbs as incandescent, but here's my misc bulbs list as well:
Twin 2835 frosted Red #555 wedge. 2SMD2835T10RFT (ordered 4)
Twin 2835 frosted Warm White #555 wedge. 2SMD2835T10WWFT (ordered 10)
2 SMD Fluted Dome Warm White #44 bayonet. 2SMDBA9SWWFD (ordered 13)
5 SMD 5050 Tower #906 Warm White (flashers) wedge. 5SMDFLASHT10WW (ordered 12)
8 SMD #906 FLASHER Warm White wedge. 8SMDT15WEDGEWW (ordered 2)
OPTIX MAXIMUS Sunlight White #44 bayonet. OPMAXBA9SS (ordered 4)
OPTIX MAXIMUS Sunlight White #555 wedge. OPMAXT10S (ordered 4)
Order total was about $150. OldPinGuy suggested using Sunlight White so I bought some and the OPMAX as options, along with higher SMD flasher to install and see if I liked them but for me the default was 1SMD Warm Whites and color matched inserts. Some people suggested 2SMD so I bought a few to test with to see if I liked them.
So in short, the misc list you don't have to order. Decide if you want color matched inserts, 2SMD or 1 SMD, Warm White or Sunlight White for GI and flasher brightness on the playfield and whether to use LEDs or incandy in the backbox for flashers. You probably don't need 3 25 packs of GI bulbs like I ordered, maybe only 2 needed, but they are only $16.25 per pack and I wanted to experiment with different GI whites.
Good Luck. Some suppliers might sell pre-packaged LED kits as an option to this.

Thanks a lot for the list and your time!

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from dasmico:

its been stated you cant get 3 because the Chicago programmers have made it impossible. ive had everything ready but found it will not let you start one of the multiballs required while on your 3rd ring attempt. Confirmed by pinside user FreeGoldWatch. also in online rulesheet.
must be a feature of the linked fastbreak rom being different / modded.

Just wanted to clarify in case this wasn’t answered, that this is simply not the case and not true at all.

What happens after two rings is, it’s harder to get around the world multiball to start.

Rings 1-2, if a ball dribbles into one of the four saucers at random, will light up the plastic dome above the saucer, making it easier to start around the world multiball.

On rings 3-4, you have to roll into either the left or right inlane “in the paint” (by ramp makes it easiest) , then you have a couple seconds to hit the left or right orbit shot to start “pass the ball” mode, to manually light all 4 saucers. A random fall into a saucer out of this mode will not light up the saucer beyond two rings, thus making it more difficult to start that multiball and not allowing “trophy multiball”

1 week later
#253 4 years ago

Hi. I bought this game about a month ago. I just noticed that the pop bumpers that count the power hoops dont roll from ball to ball, so every ball I have to start over with three point power shot after 23 pop bumper hits. It just started and now cant get to a ring mode. Also the in the paint at the left ramp doesnt register anytime my ball rolls over it. How do I fix that. I am a newbie to this hobby and want to learn. Love the game. Thanks

#254 4 years ago

Just joined the club a few weeks ago. Bought it from a fellow pinsider.

Adding this pin has now Filled my new Gameroom Wall of Pins!!! I'm glad I got this game right now instead of World Cup Soccer . I grew up watching the Bulls during the Jorden/Pippen/Armstrong years while playing NBA JAM. I'm in the honeymoon phase right now.

I noticed that I have intermittent weak Plunger strength. Every now and then I would hit the shoot button, but the ball would only travel 1/2 way up and back down... It would take a 2-3 attempts. The immediate instinct is a faulty coil... Anyone experience this and can tell me their solution to this problem?

IMG_3488 (resized).JPGIMG_3488 (resized).JPGIMG_3970 (resized).JPGIMG_3970 (resized).JPG
#255 4 years ago

Hello everyone,
Looking for some help with a very basic question for someone who is very inexperienced. Thought I would ask the question here first before calling a pinball tech. On my NBAFB my left shooter stopped working. I noticed that a wire has broken off. Is it as simple as re-soldering it? I attached a picture. Thanks in advance on any tips.

IMG_3704 (resized).jpgIMG_3704 (resized).jpg
#256 4 years ago

Yup, strip that wire and solder it back on.

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from 3rdbase:

Hello everyone,
Looking for some help with a very basic question for someone who is very inexperienced. Thought I would ask the question here first before calling a pinball tech. On my NBAFB my left shooter stopped working. I noticed that a wire has broken off. Is it as simple as re-soldering it? I attached a picture. Thanks in advance on any tips.[quoted image]

Yes

#258 4 years ago

Has anybody seen a plastic for guard in front of the hoop. Im missing the guy that blocks your shot on the bracket. Also during ball launch the ball flys off the ramp is there a guard to keep it from jumping up in the air off the launch

#259 4 years ago

Been scratching my head on the lamp matrix being all out of whack for 3 days now and figured it out. Can anybody tell me why in the paint 2 and 3 were missing the diode for the lamp. Checked it out and seen 1 and 4 had a blue butt connecter tied into the wire with a diode crimped into it. Looked up on marcos and seen they sell it like that??? Can anybody take pics of under there playfield.

Screenshot_20191104-210059_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191104-210059_Chrome (resized).jpg
#260 4 years ago

I am pretty new to pinball and pinside, but I couldn't find anything on this topic, so sorry if it has been discussed before...

Has anyone ever tried/thought about modding the code to this game to update the "TRIVIA" section with new questions and answers for present day NBA stats? I have a background in coding, but no experience with how to mod pinball code, but would be happy to work with someone on this. I think it would be pretty fun to update based on present day players/stats/etc

Could even change some team names: Vancouver -> Memphis.

I feel like if you could search the code for "Vancouver" and do a global find/replace with "Memphis" it would work?

Similarly, if you found where the trivia questions were stored in the code, you could just replace all the text/multiple choice answers for each trivia question with new ones.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from MrElbow:

I am pretty new to pinball and pinside, but I couldn't find anything on this topic, so sorry if it has been discussed before...
Has anyone ever tried/thought about modding the code to this game to update the "TRIVIA" section with new questions and answers for present day NBA stats? I have a background in coding, but no experience with how to mod pinball code, but would be happy to work with someone on this. I think it would be pretty fun to update based on present day players/stats/etc
Could even change some team names: Vancouver -> Memphis.
I feel like if you could search the code for "Vancouver" and do a global find/replace with "Memphis" it would work?
Similarly, if you found where the trivia questions were stored in the code, you could just replace all the text/multiple choice answers for each trivia question with new ones.

You need feedback from the Pinball Browser creator/users. I believe that the code is in a compiled state (binary) only in shipped form like other software. For Pinball Browser, the music files could still be identified in the compiled format and replaced wholesale file for file same size. Not certain that the trivia would have been objectified like that, meaning an easy file swap. Maybe if the trivia was resourced for multiple languages it would have been set up that way, as resource files, but as such, English only, probably not. I am just an outsider looking in, just my 2 cents.

#262 4 years ago

You need feedback from the Pinball Browser creator/users. I believe that the code is in a compiled state (binary) only in shipped form like other software. For Pinball Browser, the music files could still be identified in the compiled format and replaced wholesale file for file same size. Not certain that the trivia would have been objectified like that, meaning an easy file swap. Maybe if the trivia was resourced for multiple languages it would have been set up that way, as resource files, but as such, English only, probably not. I am just an outsider looking in, just my 2 cents.

I don't think pinball browser works with rom based games?

You could try editing some using a hex editor and test in pinMame? I think they have a checksum so not sure how much you can change before that fails.

#263 4 years ago

Could somebody shed some light on how this plastic attaches with a pic

20191111_192049 (resized).jpg20191111_192049 (resized).jpg
#264 4 years ago

My game doesn't have that plastic.

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from garretswinning:

Could somebody shed some light on how this plastic attaches with a pic[quoted image]

I think that's just a keychain.

#266 4 years ago

Yeah, I have that and figured it was for keys.

#267 4 years ago

I thought it was for keys also until i seen this pic and questioned it.

#268 4 years ago

Hey NBA FBers, has anyone gotten their game stuck in shoot around multiball? I updated my ROM to 3.1 from Matt's Basement arcade and now whenever you get shoot around multiball it stays in that mode, even after the multiball ends. I don't think it's a trough/ball recognition issue as it stops correctly after the 2nd ball drains. I'm just wondering if it's a settings change or something. Thanks!

#269 4 years ago

Im running the same version and do not have that issue

Quoted from Joniano:

Hey NBA FBers, has anyone gotten their game stuck in shoot around multiball? I updated my ROM to 3.1 from Matt's Basement arcade and now whenever you get shoot around multiball it stays in that mode, even after the multiball ends. I don't think it's a trough/ball recognition issue as it stops correctly after the 2nd ball drains. I'm just wondering if it's a settings change or something. Thanks!

#270 4 years ago

Im running the same version and do not have that issue

Thanks for the info! I ended up just switching back to my 2.3 code and it works fine again. Is it a selection in the settings for some reason? Oh well, works fine with the older code.

1 month later
#271 4 years ago

I had 3 different shape and colors for the 3PT targets so i just soldered in new orange ones. Purple was not available but im going to be putting on cushioned target decals that are orange so its not that big of a deal imo. Thoughts?

20191227_220705 (resized).jpg20191227_220705 (resized).jpg20191210_190025 (resized).jpg20191210_190025 (resized).jpg20191218_204713 (resized).jpg20191218_204713 (resized).jpg
#272 4 years ago

I had 3 different shape and colors for the 3PT targets so i just soldered in new orange ones. Purple was not available but im going to be putting on cushioned target decals that are orange so its not that big of a deal imo. Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice machine.

#273 4 years ago

I had 3 different shape and colors for the 3PT targets so i just soldered in new orange ones. Purple was not available but im going to be putting on cushioned target decals that are orange so its not that big of a deal imo. Thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I replaced my purple targets recently, and they were challenging to find. I think the orange look good!

#274 4 years ago

Can I ask that someone with a NBAFB game to see if their sling switches made a double beep when activated during game play? I have a limited game set, with a modern stern and an AFM Remake only, so can't test that. Been doing all sorts of troubleshooting.

I have the coil disconnected so you can hear the beep easily in the video link below. You can hear it with the coil on in normal game play. It's not that audible, but gets annoying at ever hit.

Thank you.

#275 4 years ago

Hi Guys need a little help with a bizarre issue on this game.Me and pinsider Kredmore(his post right above mine) are trying to figure out the slingshot tone/sound are correct or not... Thanks Mike

#276 4 years ago

Where'd you get the side blades?

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Hi Guys need a little help with a bizarre issue on this game.Me and pinsider Kredmore(his post right above mine) are trying to figure out the slingshot tone/sound are correct or not... Thanks Mike

Have you checked the spacing between the nodes on the switch. Maybe it could be making double contact if its sticking or to tight.

They arecustom made by a fellow pinsider vbobrusev

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Never noticed this sound on mine

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Thanks russdx i'll let him know

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I am running two head to head with the latest rom, and both of them DO make this sound.

#281 4 years ago

Just put in purple led flipper buttons. They def can get bright but look way better in person. Strobe, pulse,intensity, and solid with each one being adjustable.

20191230_181537 (resized).jpg20191230_181537 (resized).jpg20191230_181540 (resized).jpg20191230_181540 (resized).jpg
#282 4 years ago

Just put in purple led flipper buttons. They def can get bright but look way better in person. Strobe, pulse,intensity, and solid with each one being adjustable.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks alright but I think orange or red would have looked nicer as it would work with the theme a bit more.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Sounds the same on mine id say normal. Just a funky sound effect

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am running two head to head with the latest rom, and both of them DO make this sound.

Sounds the same on mine id say normal. Just a funky sound effect

Thanks Fellas I really appreciate it!!

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Thanks Fellas I really appreciate it!!

yes, thank you.

#286 4 years ago

Was replacing the flippers yesterday and noticed this was cut off. Should be a C shape. I tried searching but didnt have much luck. Anyone know the part number or replacement thats equivalent for this thin metal piece that acts as a spring back.

20191230_175937 (resized).jpg20191230_175937 (resized).jpg
#287 4 years ago

Was replacing the flippers yesterday and noticed this was cut off. Should be a C shape. I tried searching but didnt have much luck. Anyone know the part number or replacement thats equivalent for this thin metal piece that acts as a spring back.[quoted image]

Hey Garret
Williams part number 01-14348.1 spring-flipper switch.
Wally

#288 4 years ago

Why do they use x2 opto? Is one a backup?

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Hey Garret
Williams part number 01-14348.1 spring-flipper switch.
Wally

Thanks for the info

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Why do they use x2 opto? Is one a backup?

One opto is for upper playfield flipper and second one is for bottom playfield flipper

#291 4 years ago

i have few extra side decals for Fastbreak. Also topper made by myself for garretswinning

#292 4 years ago

Got cushioned target decals put on the other night. I believe they make a noticeable difference.

20200102_101940 (resized).jpg20200102_101940 (resized).jpg20191231_172254 (resized).jpg20191231_172254 (resized).jpg
#293 4 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

i have few extra side decals for Fastbreak. Also topper made by myself for garretswinning

Could you post some pics? I could be interested.

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Could you post some pics? I could be interested.

What pics would you like

#295 4 years ago

What are the odds of getting Color DMD on this title? In 2020?

#296 4 years ago

Would really like it, but haven't heard anything lately...

#297 4 years ago

In fact, I work in software, so reached out to see if I could offer my team's help for the NBAFB ColorDMD updates. Never heard back.

1 week later
#298 4 years ago

It's official.

Screenshot_20200113-064944_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200113-064944_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#299 4 years ago

Heh, figures after I just moved my ColorDMD from Star Trek (since I'm selling it) to my Demo Man. Looks like DemoMan is going back to an orange DMD. Looks like the ROM is being released on Friday.

#300 4 years ago

I really gotta go get an nbafb now lol It’s next on the list for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

There are 1,256 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/6?hl=joniano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.