IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
There are 1,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Did you carry out a motor test 1st up before stripping down gearbox.

Yes, motor works, tested it on 12v. The shot clock isn’t working either so something isn’t sending information to those 2 areas

#202 5 years ago

Retrace your steps, something is not right, likely while working on/around the ramp area.

#203 5 years ago

Still no luck on the defender problem and shot clock doesn’t work either, my tech is even stumped!
Also unrelated noticed the basket isn’t level at the top upon install of new ramp, right side is higher than left. Can anyone confirm or deny it’s supposed to be this way?

#204 4 years ago

Does anyone know if NBAFB playfields are diamond plate? The NBAFB playfield on my machine is probably like other NBAFB pfs and has absolutely no dimples whatsoever. The top coat looks different than clear coated pfs.

1 week later
#205 4 years ago

Back in the NBA club!

I briefly owned one last year that I bought bundled in a 6 pin deal. So it was never intended to stay, but I was really surprised how much fun I had playing it. The music is contagious and the callouts are high energy. Fun flow when you have the shots dialed in, otherwise brick city, so this is a challenging game.

Had the chance to buy a great looking example locally and it's back in the lineup to stay. Hopefully ColorDMD availability is in the near future.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hopefully ColorDMD availability is in the near future.

I think ColorDMD will be unlikely on this title, there are headshots for each player on each team isn’t there?. That’s a lot of work

#207 4 years ago

Recently I went to my friend Julius’s home to play his linked Bally NBA Fast Break pinball machines. The two games are linked by a cable that allows simultaneous head 2 head game play between two opponents.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/05/06/pinball-tech-ballys-linked-nba-fast-break-pinball-machines-overview-and-gameplay-video/

YouTube Video :

Image 1 (resized).jpgImage 1 (resized).jpgImage 2 (resized).jpgImage 2 (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpg
1 week later
#208 4 years ago

Anybody ever solve the SDTM issue? How? Saw some posts, tried the ideas, but ball probably sdtm about 50% of the time. Takes the fun out of the game for all.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Anybody ever solve the SDTM issue? How? Saw some posts, tried the ideas, but ball probably sdtm about 50% of the time. Takes the fun out of the game for all.

Talking about exiting out of the pops? I solved it on mine by adjusting the left side metal ball guide. The top of the guide had a little play in it, so I inserted a toothpick into each top mounted hole (broke it off level with playfield) to eliminate that play and keep the guide in position. The ball exits to the middle of the right flipper, where I can hit it on the fly or let it bounce over to the left flipper and trap it.
Makes the game MUCH better obviously than those infuriating drains.

#210 4 years ago

I just want to say that I miss being in this club! Such a fun game.

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I just want to say that I miss being in this club! Such a fun game.

Ditto!

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

I took a 90 second video tonight and was able to get about 6 drops from the bumpers. You'll see how each time it feeds to the right flipper. Total game changer and sets up your strategy for shots and combos when eliminating the STDM or close to STDM returns.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AMfyHse1uAgdV5LaA

#213 4 years ago

Earned my first ring ever about 5 minutes ago! Just couldn't win the Trophy Multiball the first four times I reached it. Finally I didn't choke!

Once the rules are learned and understood, and the game is properly dialed in, what is not to like about it? The callouts are top-notch, maybe up there with the best of any game. The control of the ball the player has, passing from shot to shot, is what I look for in a pinball "toy".

The music is up-tempo and downright addictive. The shots, while some can be tight, are flowtastic when your groove is on. And your bricked shots fit right into the theme of basketball and the defense denying your scoring attempts. Great theme integration.

The left orbit right ramp shot is currently my favorite shot in pinball.

ColorDMD! Where are you??

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I took a 90 second video tonight and was able to get about 6 drops from the bumpers. You'll see how each time it feeds to the right flipper. Total game changer and sets up your strategy for shots and combos when eliminating the STDM or close to STDM returns.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AMfyHse1uAgdV5LaA

Thank you, very helpful. With enough speed coming out from the bumpers, the ball hits the left guide (with the slight bend at the end) which should make the ball go to the right flipper, as in the video. My issue is that sometimes the ball is slow enough to not make it over to the left guide, and hugs the right side guide, so just fails down to SDTM.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Thank you, very helpful. With enough speed coming out from the bumpers, the ball hits the left guide (with the slight bend at the end) which should make the ball go to the right flipper, as in the video. My issue is that sometimes the ball is slow enough to not make it over to the left guide, and hugs the right side guide, so just fails down to SDTM.

Yup, that was also my issue with slower moving balls. Took a bit of adjusting the rails. Use some pieces of double side tape on the right ball guide (leave the paper on the out facing side) to change the ball trajectory. Velcro strips cut to size also works for testing. Once you see what helps, you can then adjust the rails. That helped me figure out where I needed to make adjustments.

#216 4 years ago

ok, I will try the testing/adjusting. Thank you for the help.

#217 4 years ago

I just purchased NBAFB and have always loved playing it. Need some advice, when the ball goes "in the paint" should you be able to always pass the ball? There are times where the ball automatically shoots when "in the paint" and will not let me pass.

Another issue is within the first few minutes when I turn it on the speaker volume increases significantly. Once I lose the next ball it goes back to normal and stays that way until I turn it off again.

I do not post much (but been reading/following it for years) as I'm still learning and appreciate everyone's help on this forum. Thanks!

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from 3rdbase:

I just purchased NBAFB and have always loved playing it. Need some advice, when the ball goes "in the paint" should you be able to always pass the ball? There are times where the ball automatically shoots when "in the paint" and will not let me pass.

I'm not quite sure the rules for in the paint, but yes, this is the behavior on mine as well.

Do you have the latest game and sound ROMs? I had a volume issue on the last NBA Fastbreak I owned and it was due to an issue with the sound rom.

#219 4 years ago

Kredmore
So here is my fix for the straight down the middle dilemma. I used some self stick foam furniture leg pads and cut them as seen in the pictures. So far they have worked great and where it used to be all the time I rarely get a drain from the pops now.

20190523_173532 (resized).jpg20190523_173532 (resized).jpg20190523_173545 (resized).jpg20190523_173545 (resized).jpg20190523_173824 (resized).jpg20190523_173824 (resized).jpg
#220 4 years ago

Yup, you do whatever gets the job done.

#221 4 years ago

Can someone please help. Everytime i get around the world multiball no balls come out it says arounfd the world multiball but no other balls come out anyone know why? thanks mike

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from alienspit:

Can someone please help. Everytime i get around the world multiball no balls come out it says arounfd the world multiball but no other balls come out anyone know why? thanks mike

Maybe trough switch error? Check all switches in test mode, roll balls slowly down and check each register and roll all the way down, maybe magnetized also so try new balls. Good luck

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Maybe trough switch error? Check all switches in test mode, roll balls slowly down and check each register and roll all the way down, maybe magnetized also so try new balls. Good luck

Sounds dumb, but make sure you have the correct amount of balls in the game. Don't recall how many of the top of my head though.

Any errors in the Test Report?

#224 4 years ago

Could also check you have the latest ROM - I think it's 3.1.

Maybe if you have an earlier version you found a bug that has been fixed.

#225 4 years ago

Is it only around the world, or all multi-balls? If the trough switches check as good, you may also need to check the trough to make sure the balls are not hanging up due to trough groove wear. Next time you get the multi-ball give it a good upward nudge and see if it starts spitting out balls.

#226 4 years ago

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=449

Not sure if this is the correct one but this would fix the above issue if it's the cause...

#227 4 years ago

Anybody install cliffys on their NBAFB? I have rollover switch protectors but how about saucer/scoops?

#228 4 years ago

Ok, I'm confused. Recently purchased this game. Loving it and now time to clean, rubber and LED. The flasher dome covers of which there are five in the game are my issue. What colours are they supposed to be, and in which locations. Every time I look at photo's there are different variations including the flyer on IPDB.

Cheers

#229 4 years ago

Getting this game in shortly and excited to play it a bunch, only played a handful of times before but always liked it.

2 weeks later
#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I got the piece https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10253 to hold on the blue pad and I got it on there but it was a little bit too tall for the hole to line up perfectly so I had to put another washer underneath the metal lane guide to make it a little taller. I attached it with a 4-40-3/8 screw. Anybody else have this problem?

Quoted from J-Freeze:

Yeah mine was too tall as well, I filed about an 1/8" off but I like your solution better haha.

Same here - purchased from Marco and too tall. Took a chance and ordered from Pinball Spare Parts, and the correct size. Same part number. See the picture. Marco on left, PSP on right.

IMG_0507 (resized).jpgIMG_0507 (resized).jpg
#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Palepoli:

Kredmore
So here is my fix for the straight down the middle dilemma. I used some self stick foam furniture leg pads and cut them as seen in the pictures. So far they have worked great and where it used to be all the time I rarely get a drain from the pops now.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So, in the end after many trail and error, my STDM issue is resolved via proper leveling of the game. Had to spend a little bit more time to ensure the leveling is correct, and STDM is very rare now. Thanks for all the help .

#232 4 years ago

What pitch is everyone at on this, been playing with it some but not seeing big differences in the play anywhere from 6.5-7.5, wondering what people think is ideal?

#233 4 years ago

Getting ready to replace the hoop ramp and is there anything people do to prevent the ramp from cracking at the hoop since mine will be new? I was thinking some pacing at the front of the hoop.... thoughts?

#234 4 years ago

Has anyone thought about making a netting decal to go around the hoop?

20190701_093110_1561991475827 (resized).jpg20190701_093110_1561991475827 (resized).jpg
#235 4 years ago

The net decal would be great!

#236 4 years ago

+1 on the decal

#237 4 years ago

duplicate post

#238 4 years ago

That would be cool.

#239 4 years ago

Can anyone show me how the right loop diverter plate attaches to the top of the post? I've just bought one from mezel mods but no fixing instructions. Is it a small spring clip? Any ideas where to pick one up?! Cheers gang, I just wired up a sub to this game, really makes it rock!

#240 4 years ago

Does anyone have a right ramp for sale? Mine has a crack on it and I'm looking to replace it. It's also missing the metal piece

1 week later
#241 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I'm not quite sure the rules for in the paint, but yes, this is the behavior on mine as well.
Do you have the latest game and sound ROMs? I had a volume issue on the last NBA Fastbreak I owned and it was due to an issue with the sound rom.

Updated both roms and that seemed to help. Also switches 38 & 48 were causing the "in the paint" passing and shot issues. Fixed those and the machine is working perfectly.

Thanks!

#242 4 years ago

I have last one set of insert decals. Who interested. Let me know F735900D-122F-4411-A4CF-5FFF454FAD15 (resized).jpegF735900D-122F-4411-A4CF-5FFF454FAD15 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#243 4 years ago

per the picture, the jet bumper ring hits the ball guide underneath on the way down. Don't see any other way it would go.
Can someone confirm this is happening with their NBAFB game? Any fix/work around?

85e866837e64627655c021a6fc5a2dfd8c85ef93 (resized).jpg85e866837e64627655c021a6fc5a2dfd8c85ef93 (resized).jpg
#244 4 years ago

I'm not home to look, but isn't that one of those bumper caps with a piece shaved off?

#245 4 years ago

I'm definitely wrong.
Bump again.

#246 4 years ago

the skirt is cut off to allow for the ball guide, but not the ring.

#247 4 years ago

If I remember correctly from when I tore mine down, the pop is super close to the ball guide. I could see wear marks from where the pop ring would graze the ball guide. When I rebuilt the pops I loosened everything and cheated the whole pop assembly enough for the ring to clear the guide.

#248 4 years ago

Thanks, will give that a try, the option I saw was to just bend the ring a little on the top to clear the ball guide.

1 month later
#249 4 years ago

Helping out a local pinguy with 2 NBA Fastbreaks. He plays them without issue but when he syncs them up the one on the right resets. My first initial thought is the WPC-95 reset issue but (again) it's only happening when he syncs the games.

On another note, he's contemplating putting LEDs in the game. Wondered if anyone here has LED the inserts and has an inventory as to what is needed to LED the inserts. Lastly, to LED this game is anything needed so he doesn't experience ghosting?

I started a post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-nba-fastbreak-resetting-and-led-use#post-5267516 but figured I would post here as well.

Also, anyone have a good parts manual? Pulled manual off of IPDB but it's hard to scroll through and I am also having troubles locating a few parts. I need to know what size coil sleeve and armateur that is used in the coils that kick the ball up into the basket through the wire-form as well as the sockets used in the pop bumper.

#250 4 years ago

My insert list (the number of inserts on the pf, not amount I ordered) :

1) Pink - 9 #555 1SMDT10PFT (purple)
2) Red - 18 #555 1SMDT10RFT
3) Blue - 6 #555 1SMDT10BFT and Ice Blue #555 1SMDT10IBFT and Ice Blue #44 1SMDT10IBFT bayonet
4) Green - 7 #555 1SMDT10GFT and #44 1SMDBA49SGFT bayonet
5) Orange - 7 #555 1SMDT10AFT
6) Yellow - 10 or 12 #555 1SMDT10YFT
7) White - 0 or 2

I bought insert bulbs Comet P/N example for Red 1SMDT10RFT, these are #555 (wedge) frosted. #44 is a bayonet bulb. I bought all frosted.

I bought a 25 pack 5050 frosted warm white #44 bayonet. 1SMDBA49SWWFT
I bought a 25 pack 5050 frosted natural white #555 wedge. 1SMDT10NWFT
I bought a 25 pack 5050 frosted warm white #555 wedge. 1SMDT10WWFT

Most people leave backbox bulbs as incandescent, but here's my misc bulbs list as well:

Twin 2835 frosted Red #555 wedge. 2SMD2835T10RFT (ordered 4)
Twin 2835 frosted Warm White #555 wedge. 2SMD2835T10WWFT (ordered 10)
2 SMD Fluted Dome Warm White #44 bayonet. 2SMDBA9SWWFD (ordered 13)
5 SMD 5050 Tower #906 Warm White (flashers) wedge. 5SMDFLASHT10WW (ordered 12)
8 SMD #906 FLASHER Warm White wedge. 8SMDT15WEDGEWW (ordered 2)
OPTIX MAXIMUS Sunlight White #44 bayonet. OPMAXBA9SS (ordered 4)
OPTIX MAXIMUS Sunlight White #555 wedge. OPMAXT10S (ordered 4)

Order total was about $150. OldPinGuy suggested using Sunlight White so I bought some and the OPMAX as options, along with higher SMD flasher to install and see if I liked them but for me the default was 1SMD Warm Whites and color matched inserts. Some people suggested 2SMD so I bought a few to test with to see if I liked them.

So in short, the misc list you don't have to order. Decide if you want color matched inserts, 2SMD or 1 SMD, Warm White or Sunlight White for GI and flasher brightness on the playfield and whether to use LEDs or incandy in the backbox for flashers. You probably don't need 3 25 packs of GI bulbs like I ordered, maybe only 2 needed, but they are only $16.25 per pack and I wanted to experiment with different GI whites.

Good Luck. Some suppliers might sell pre-packaged LED kits as an option to this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

There are 1,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.