Topic Stats

• 220 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 64 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190523_173545 (resized).jpg
20190523_173532 (resized).jpg
20190523_173824 (resized).jpg
Image 2 (resized).jpg
Image 1 (resized).jpg
Title (resized).jpg
20190322_125345 (resized).jpg
D8C0F80E-74D2-4CCF-9875-5D0253F55428 (resized).jpeg
9AC36A56-6242-4FAA-9AEA-9D01B5AC2545 (resized).jpeg
7805FE20-A3B3-4F73-BBDB-C6C05A258D50 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0219 (resized).jpg
IMG_0220 (resized).jpg
695B090D-ADA2-4467-85B2-48984D49DF93 (resized).jpeg
20190222_170401 (resized).jpg
0AA69E3D-D8CE-4F79-981E-81497BAB556F (resized).jpeg
20190127_154938_resized.jpg

There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 40 days ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Did you carry out a motor test 1st up before stripping down gearbox.

Yes, motor works, tested it on 12v. The shot clock isn’t working either so something isn’t sending information to those 2 areas

#202 40 days ago

Retrace your steps, something is not right, likely while working on/around the ramp area.

#203 35 days ago

Still no luck on the defender problem and shot clock doesn’t work either, my tech is even stumped!
Also unrelated noticed the basket isn’t level at the top upon install of new ramp, right side is higher than left. Can anyone confirm or deny it’s supposed to be this way?

#204 29 days ago

Does anyone know if NBAFB playfields are diamond plate? The NBAFB playfield on my machine is probably like other NBAFB pfs and has absolutely no dimples whatsoever. The top coat looks different than clear coated pfs.

1 week later
#205 19 days ago

Back in the NBA club!

I briefly owned one last year that I bought bundled in a 6 pin deal. So it was never intended to stay, but I was really surprised how much fun I had playing it. The music is contagious and the callouts are high energy. Fun flow when you have the shots dialed in, otherwise brick city, so this is a challenging game.

Had the chance to buy a great looking example locally and it's back in the lineup to stay. Hopefully ColorDMD availability is in the near future.

#206 19 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Hopefully ColorDMD availability is in the near future.

I think ColorDMD will be unlikely on this title, there are headshots for each player on each team isn’t there?. That’s a lot of work

#207 18 days ago

Recently I went to my friend Julius’s home to play his linked Bally NBA Fast Break pinball machines. The two games are linked by a cable that allows simultaneous head 2 head game play between two opponents.

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/05/06/pinball-tech-ballys-linked-nba-fast-break-pinball-machines-overview-and-gameplay-video/

YouTube Video :

Image 1 (resized).jpgImage 2 (resized).jpgTitle (resized).jpg
1 week later
#208 10 days ago

Anybody ever solve the SDTM issue? How? Saw some posts, tried the ideas, but ball probably sdtm about 50% of the time. Takes the fun out of the game for all.

#209 9 days ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Anybody ever solve the SDTM issue? How? Saw some posts, tried the ideas, but ball probably sdtm about 50% of the time. Takes the fun out of the game for all.

Talking about exiting out of the pops? I solved it on mine by adjusting the left side metal ball guide. The top of the guide had a little play in it, so I inserted a toothpick into each top mounted hole (broke it off level with playfield) to eliminate that play and keep the guide in position. The ball exits to the middle of the right flipper, where I can hit it on the fly or let it bounce over to the left flipper and trap it.
Makes the game MUCH better obviously than those infuriating drains.

#210 9 days ago

I just want to say that I miss being in this club! Such a fun game.

#211 9 days ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I just want to say that I miss being in this club! Such a fun game.

Ditto!

#212 9 days ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

I took a 90 second video tonight and was able to get about 6 drops from the bumpers. You'll see how each time it feeds to the right flipper. Total game changer and sets up your strategy for shots and combos when eliminating the STDM or close to STDM returns.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AMfyHse1uAgdV5LaA

#213 9 days ago

Earned my first ring ever about 5 minutes ago! Just couldn't win the Trophy Multiball the first four times I reached it. Finally I didn't choke!

Once the rules are learned and understood, and the game is properly dialed in, what is not to like about it? The callouts are top-notch, maybe up there with the best of any game. The control of the ball the player has, passing from shot to shot, is what I look for in a pinball "toy".

The music is up-tempo and downright addictive. The shots, while some can be tight, are flowtastic when your groove is on. And your bricked shots fit right into the theme of basketball and the defense denying your scoring attempts. Great theme integration.

The left orbit right ramp shot is currently my favorite shot in pinball.

ColorDMD! Where are you??

#214 9 days ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I took a 90 second video tonight and was able to get about 6 drops from the bumpers. You'll see how each time it feeds to the right flipper. Total game changer and sets up your strategy for shots and combos when eliminating the STDM or close to STDM returns.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/AMfyHse1uAgdV5LaA

Thank you, very helpful. With enough speed coming out from the bumpers, the ball hits the left guide (with the slight bend at the end) which should make the ball go to the right flipper, as in the video. My issue is that sometimes the ball is slow enough to not make it over to the left guide, and hugs the right side guide, so just fails down to SDTM.

#215 9 days ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

Thank you, very helpful. With enough speed coming out from the bumpers, the ball hits the left guide (with the slight bend at the end) which should make the ball go to the right flipper, as in the video. My issue is that sometimes the ball is slow enough to not make it over to the left guide, and hugs the right side guide, so just fails down to SDTM.

Yup, that was also my issue with slower moving balls. Took a bit of adjusting the rails. Use some pieces of double side tape on the right ball guide (leave the paper on the out facing side) to change the ball trajectory. Velcro strips cut to size also works for testing. Once you see what helps, you can then adjust the rails. That helped me figure out where I needed to make adjustments.

#216 8 days ago

ok, I will try the testing/adjusting. Thank you for the help.

#217 5 days ago

I just purchased NBAFB and have always loved playing it. Need some advice, when the ball goes "in the paint" should you be able to always pass the ball? There are times where the ball automatically shoots when "in the paint" and will not let me pass.

Another issue is within the first few minutes when I turn it on the speaker volume increases significantly. Once I lose the next ball it goes back to normal and stays that way until I turn it off again.

I do not post much (but been reading/following it for years) as I'm still learning and appreciate everyone's help on this forum. Thanks!

#218 5 days ago
Quoted from 3rdbase:

I just purchased NBAFB and have always loved playing it. Need some advice, when the ball goes "in the paint" should you be able to always pass the ball? There are times where the ball automatically shoots when "in the paint" and will not let me pass.

I'm not quite sure the rules for in the paint, but yes, this is the behavior on mine as well.

Do you have the latest game and sound ROMs? I had a volume issue on the last NBA Fastbreak I owned and it was due to an issue with the sound rom.

#219 1 day ago

Kredmore
So here is my fix for the straight down the middle dilemma. I used some self stick foam furniture leg pads and cut them as seen in the pictures. So far they have worked great and where it used to be all the time I rarely get a drain from the pops now.

20190523_173532 (resized).jpg20190523_173545 (resized).jpg20190523_173824 (resized).jpg
#220 1 day ago

Yup, you do whatever gets the job done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 220 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside