IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9116 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2585 (resized).JPG
IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
There are 1,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 25.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:

Man so close! And you did the harder ones! Try going for combos first, if it’s set to factory settings you’ll light EB at the scoop when you complete them which helps a ton for chasing rings. Another not as obvious EB is spelling SHOOT again in shoot multi.

Thanks, those are some good tips, on that game i did not actually know what the "fast break" combo was so was trying everything! I have since gotten close but still not got that ring one day!

2 weeks later
#152 5 years ago

I'm fixing up an NBAFB and a friend mentioned I'm missing a blue rubber pad on the ball guide between the mystery shot and left orbit.

Could someone please tell me more about this?

How big is the rubber pad?
How does it attach to the rail?
Pictures?

Thanks!

Walter

#153 5 years ago

I just put a linked NBAFB on route. Wish it luck!

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Walter:

I'm fixing up an NBAFB and a friend mentioned I'm missing a blue rubber pad on the ball guide between the mystery shot and left orbit.
Pictures?
Thanks!
Walter

I assume you mean this one? It’s a bit over an inch tall and looks either glued there or inserted into the metal? Do you have a metal piece on the inside of the lane?

1870C94D-582B-49BD-B210-7E8281AA3B25 (resized).jpeg1870C94D-582B-49BD-B210-7E8281AA3B25 (resized).jpegE57EE1E7-F6BC-4305-8B70-CEEB517A4FC9 (resized).jpegE57EE1E7-F6BC-4305-8B70-CEEB517A4FC9 (resized).jpeg
#155 5 years ago

hmm im also missing that pad! (never new any different hehe)

#156 5 years ago

For future reference here are a couple of close up pics of the pad area. Hope these help!

66DB5B40-B4B9-4212-BA52-49EA1B1B9E46 (resized).jpeg66DB5B40-B4B9-4212-BA52-49EA1B1B9E46 (resized).jpegA802F196-C4B8-4BE8-9062-ACA55FF09613 (resized).jpegA802F196-C4B8-4BE8-9062-ACA55FF09613 (resized).jpeg
#157 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

For future reference here are a couple of close up pics of the pad area. Hope these help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for that. I'm also missing the blue pad and the metal bracket.

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from deeplennon1:Helloo binary01, can you take a picture of your opening put of the pops? I think I’m following you but a photo would help.
Also whysnow if your feed to the flipper is still solid can you take a picture of yours? This is still driving me nuts. The best I’ve been able to do adjusting the ball guide is to get a consistent feed to the tip of the right of flipper, it at least makes multi player matches fair with no stdms but it makes the game brutal, scores are much higher even with a 1 in 4 stdm.

Sorry about the delayed response. SDTM was an ongoing issue with my machine, as I believe whysnow was the previous owner. As you can see in the pic, the target assembly is moved to the far right covering the edge of the ball guide. I also lowered the right front leg slightly enough so that the bubble on my torpedo level is just touching the left line (lift the flippers and place the level across, behind them). An issue with target assemblies in general is that they are riveted together. The ones that take a beating evevtually loosen to the point where you can move the target itself, left and right, with your fingers. If the plastic targets are still good, what I do is drill out the rivets and replace them with 6-32 machine screws and nuts. The trick also works for other riveted leaf switch assemblies, such as the ones for slingshots.

20190127_154938_resized.jpg20190127_154938_resized.jpg
#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Walter:

Pictures?
Thanks!
Walter

Mine is not missing, but is worn and will eventually need to be changed. The part is obsolete, but Stern has one that supposedly works - part 626-5057-00. I ordered a couple of them but haven't replaced mine yet because I can't get the little screw out of the metal rail that holds it in place.

1 week later
#160 5 years ago

I’m in this game is awesome the prices on these just jumped like mike too.these late Bally’s always shine up nice.check out this huo beauty I grabbed yesterday

0AA69E3D-D8CE-4F79-981E-81497BAB556F (resized).jpeg0AA69E3D-D8CE-4F79-981E-81497BAB556F (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#161 5 years ago

Is anyone making reproduction hoops yet?

#162 5 years ago

You mean hoop ramp?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-21406-8

I bought a couple sets at Allentown years ago. Made by pinball inc I think.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

You mean hoop ramp?

Not the hoop ramp but the hoop or basket itself. Anyone I've ever saw always has a crack on the front of it

#164 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure the hoop is part of the ramp.

#165 5 years ago

Hi all, love this game, just got it, but this a common hang up spot or is my game missing something at the top of the plunger lane please? The plastic is flat and the metal ball rails sit higher than it so the balls just leans against it. There is what looks like sellotape residue under where the ball is was something stuck there originally?
20190222_170401 (resized).jpg20190222_170401 (resized).jpg

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I bought one in great condition for $1900 and it will never leave my collection!

LIAR!

#167 5 years ago

Not sure what it’s called, but looks like you’re missing a piece for sure!

695B090D-ADA2-4467-85B2-48984D49DF93 (resized).jpeg695B090D-ADA2-4467-85B2-48984D49DF93 (resized).jpeg
#168 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

You mean hoop ramp?

Try Starship Fantasy or Bay Area Amusements, got mine at BAA for $179.

#169 5 years ago

Is ColorDMD coming on NBAFB?

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

Not sure what it’s called, but looks like you’re missing a piece for sure!
[quoted image]

Thanks mate, definitely not got that bit! hopefully someone here may have a lead on where I can find one?!

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from JonCrox:

Thanks mate, definitely not got that bit! hopefully someone here may have a lead on where I can find one?!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-22014

This kit is suppose to fix the problem you are having. I ordered one for my machine last year.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-22014
This kit is suppose to fix the problem you are having. I ordered one for my machine last year.

Amazing! Thank you mate!

3 weeks later
#173 5 years ago

Just picked up this pin and working through some smaller issues. Have a question about game play that I can't figure out via manual, online searching, pinside, etc. When/how does the loop gate off the left orbit shot open to send the ball down the right inlane? The loop gate tests ok and I can see it open during game play, but then it's always closed when I hit a shot up the left orbit.

#174 5 years ago

ok, I solved that one as the loop gate back spring was worn/loose, so tightening it up made the ball gate work as it should, so now the ball goes through the orbit properly and around to the right inline unless In the Paint is active.

One other question that is very easy via other NBA Fastbreak pins to compare, if someone is so kind to share.

Mine didn't come with the left orbit ball guide blue bumper and back plate. I purchased both of those, and then fit them as best it made sense (had to use my own bolt). See the pictures - can someone with this pin tell me if I installed them correctly? When the ball comes back down the ball guide (from left orbit), it hits off the bolt head, so thinking something is not correct. Thanks....

IMG_0219 (resized).jpgIMG_0219 (resized).jpgIMG_0220 (resized).jpgIMG_0220 (resized).jpg
#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

ok, I solved that one as the loop gate back spring was worn/loose, so tightening it up made the ball gate work as it should, so now the ball goes through the orbit properly and around to the right inline unless In the Paint is active.
One other question that is very easy via other NBA Fastbreak pins to compare, if someone is so kind to share.
Mine didn't come with the left orbit ball guide blue bumper and back plate. I purchased both of those, and then fit them as best it made sense (had to use my own bolt). See the pictures - can someone with this pin tell me if I installed them correctly? When the ball comes back down the ball guide (from left orbit), it hits off the bolt head, so thinking something is not correct. Thanks....[quoted image][quoted image]

As you can see in my post #156 it’s a rivet rather than a screw with bolt. Maybe try a countersunk screw in there instead?

#176 5 years ago

Thanks. And sorry to have missed the previous posts - I should have seen that.

#177 5 years ago

You're right. I sold it.

#178 5 years ago

It should be a tiny hex screw like the one that holds on the defender

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Kredmore:

orbit ball guide blue bumper and back plate. I purchased both of those

I was able to track down the bumper but couldn't find the back plate where were you able to find that for sale ?
Thanks

#181 5 years ago

Thanks!! I most have looked past that part over 10 times.

#182 5 years ago

I picked up a nbafb today so I am in the club! Any suggestions on what led bulbs work best for the GI and the backbox?

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I picked up a nbafb today so I am in the club! Any suggestions on what led bulbs work best for the GI and the backbox?

There are past posts especially from OLDPINGUY regarding this. I think the synopsis was warm white 2SMD for GI and color matched inserts 2SMD. I think most people said leave the back box as incandescant. MHO.

#184 5 years ago

Comet 2smd frosted
Sunlight white for GI, yellow, and orange inserts
Purple passion for the pink/purple inserts
Color match 2 smd for Red, Green, and blue inserts.
Backbox either leave incandescent or use warm white led.

#185 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions

#186 5 years ago

This Sunday in 11:00am GMT-5 will be playing in NBA fastbreak. https://www.twitch.tv/pinballrussia Will be glad if you guys will be with us.

1 week later
#187 5 years ago

I wound up going with warm white for all of the G.I. and color matching non ghosting inserts. I also put in red and orange titan rubbers throughout. It cleaned up really nice to almost new condition. It was a good find for me, probably the nicest cleanest 90s pin I have ever picked up. All I have left to do is replace the blue rubber near the left saucer. I have the rubber part but I do not have the hardware to attach it. Can somebody tell me what I use?

7805FE20-A3B3-4F73-BBDB-C6C05A258D50 (resized).jpeg7805FE20-A3B3-4F73-BBDB-C6C05A258D50 (resized).jpeg9AC36A56-6242-4FAA-9AEA-9D01B5AC2545 (resized).jpeg9AC36A56-6242-4FAA-9AEA-9D01B5AC2545 (resized).jpegD8C0F80E-74D2-4CCF-9875-5D0253F55428 (resized).jpegD8C0F80E-74D2-4CCF-9875-5D0253F55428 (resized).jpeg
#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I wound up going with warm white for all of the G.I. and color matching non ghosting inserts. I also put in red and orange titan rubbers throughout. It cleaned up really nice to almost new condition. It was a good find for me, probably the nicest cleanest 90s pin I have ever picked up. All I have left to do is replace the blue rubber near the left saucer. I have the rubber part but I do not have the hardware to attach it. Can somebody tell me what I use?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, have been planning to led my g.i. and will after seeing yours. Scroll up 7 or 8 posts for a link to the part you seek...

#189 5 years ago

Picked one of these up a few weeks ago and have working to get it playing in tip top shape. Replaced alot of banged up or broken parts... Except for one. The Hook Diverter Blade! I have been scouring the internet looking for this part. The guy I purchased it from didn't realize it was broken and found the other half of it with the manuals. (I'm sceptical about this) Tried ordering one from Mr pinball in Australia but that got refunded and shows out of stock now. Does anyone know where I can find one? Thanks in advance for any help.

20190322_125345 (resized).jpg20190322_125345 (resized).jpg
#190 5 years ago

we sold a heap to Planetary Pinball
should still have some somewhere

#191 5 years ago

I got the piece https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10253 to hold on the blue pad and I got it on there but it was a little bit too tall for the hole to line up perfectly so I had to put another washer underneath the metal lane guide to make it a little taller. I attached it with a 4-40-3/8 screw. Anybody else have this problem?

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I got the piece https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10253 to hold on the blue pad and I got it on there but it was a little bit too tall for the hole to line up perfectly so I had to put another washer underneath the metal lane guide to make it a little taller. I attached it with a 4-40-3/8 screw. Anybody else have this problem?

Yeah mine was too tall as well, I filed about an 1/8" off but I like your solution better haha.

#193 5 years ago

I thought I’d throw this to the group for some help. I’ve replaced the defender plastic as mine was broken. To get it out I moved the defender arm by hand into a spot where I could safely remove the plastic
I powered on the game after the swap and now I get a “defender mech broken” message and he won’t move during gameplay. Surely moving it by hand doesn’t break it?

#194 5 years ago

You probably need to disassemble the gearbox for the defender clean it and re-lubricate it

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

You probably need to disassemble the gearbox for the defender clean it and re-lubricate it

It was working fine before I changed the plastic but probably worth doing anyway

#196 5 years ago

I moved mine with the test in the menu.
Moving it by hand could break it, or at least make it not recognize where it is.

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It was working fine before I changed the plastic but probably worth doing anyway

Same here, my defender was half off and I reattached him and then I had problems and said defender mech broken. I took off the gearbox and took it apart and the old lube on there was like taffy. I scraped it all off and used some goo gone and then relubricated and works great now. It was not very hard to do, take pic when you open gearbox.

#198 5 years ago

Well I've completely cleaned and re-lubed the motor gears and still nothing. So I assume I've killed the motor by moving it by hand

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Well I've completely cleaned and re-lubed the motor gears and still nothing. So I assume I've killed the motor by moving it by hand

Check your fuses.... You might be lucky and just blew a fuse.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Did you carry out a motor test 1st up before stripping down gearbox.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

There are 1,207 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/4?hl=tramd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.