Screenshot_20240421-180408-054 (resized).png
IMG_2637.jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
IMG_2613 (resized).JPG
IMG_2623 (resized).JPG
There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 26.
#101 5 years ago

love the NBA FB its my fav, im pretty keen to see any mods that you do

#102 5 years ago

I'm selling my Fastbreak, but have some parts that most likely will be available after the game sells...posted here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nbafb-owners-club/page/5#post-4531358

Robert

#103 5 years ago

okay so just watched a video of Robert Gagno playing Fastbreak, he puts up over 400 points. the thing is, he gets 3 rings !!!! you are aupposedly locked out from getting 3 rings, which i have found to be true. the video skips forward a little so cant see everything. Anyone know of any alternate ROMs for this game? could find no mention anywhere.

#104 5 years ago

Has anybody put a tv mod on a fastbreak yet? Could play game footage of your favorite players..

#105 5 years ago

I won 3 rings while playing a friend on linked machines. Never heard of not being able to win 3 rings.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Has anybody put a tv mod on a fastbreak yet? Could play game footage of your favorite players..

Sounds like a great idea, where would you put it though? Maybe right ramp in the corner?

How about a tablet or 22" LCD Topper with a cool marquee around it. Throw in an actual nerf basketball hoop as part of the topper and you got some real multiball action.

#107 5 years ago

its been stated you cant get 3 because the Chicago programmers have made it impossible. ive had everything ready but found it will not let you start one of the multiballs required while on your 3rd ring attempt. Confirmed by pinside user FreeGoldWatch. also in online rulesheet.

must be a feature of the linked fastbreak rom being different / modded.

#108 5 years ago

The bulls are the only team that you can't get 3 rings with..

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I asked this question in another thread with a guy selling them I’ll dig up the thread

#111 5 years ago

Haha you were practically begging him to make one, gave him the jumbotron idea and a bunch of clips. Hopefully he takes your advice and makes one it would be awesome.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Haha you were practically begging him to make one, gave him the jumbotron idea and a bunch of clips. Hopefully he takes your advice and makes one it would be awesome.

Haha yah didn’t get much of a reply though lol

#113 5 years ago

Be good to get some harassment going over at Colordmd

#114 5 years ago

Will be amazing when dmd is colored. So many different scenes though. I imagine it would be quite a chore to do.

#115 5 years ago

Just purchased a fastbreak and have a question. When the hook shot diverter coil fires it makes a pretty loud humming sound. When it releases the sound stops. Is that normal for this game? I tested resistance on that coil and it tests good. May be nothing to worry about but was curious if others make this noise and is normal. Thanks

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Just purchased a fastbreak and have a question. When the hook shot diverter coil fires it makes a pretty loud humming sound. When it releases the sound stops. Is that normal for this game? I tested resistance on that coil and it tests good. May be nothing to worry about but was curious if others make this noise and is normal. Thanks

Normal. If it’s annoying you or performing poorly you can try using a new coil sleeve on the diverter.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Got mine a few months ago,exactly the same issue.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Normal. If it’s annoying you or performing poorly you can try using a new coil sleeve on the diverter.

Okay, thanks. Will probably try a new sleeve (just because they are so cheap) to see if it quiets it a bit, but good to know some noise is normal.

#119 5 years ago

Quick update. I took diverter apart and cleaned steel post and coil sleeve with alcohol and no more hum. Very happy to get rid of that noise.

#120 5 years ago

Any idea why its so hard to lift up the translite/back box insert out.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Tell me about it.

Lift up on the frame of the backbox as you lift the translight. Should help.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Quick update. I took diverter apart and cleaned steel post and coil sleeve with alcohol and no more hum. Very happy to get rid of that noise.

thanks mine makes the humm, i might try it, i just thought it was normal

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

more info?

#124 5 years ago

When lifting up the translite by the plastic lift trim the whole translite/white inner plastic insert doesn't lift high enough & can't lift & pull it over the speaker panel, hard to work out where it's jamming up.

#125 5 years ago

Custom Pincup made by modfather

20180821_163750 (resized).jpg20180821_163750 (resized).jpg20180824_190104 (resized).jpg20180824_190104 (resized).jpg
#126 5 years ago
Quoted from skywalker:

When lifting up the translite by the plastic lift trim the whole translite/white inner plastic insert doesn't lift high enough & can't lift & pull it over the speaker panel, hard to work out where it's jamming up.

Sounds obvious I know but the only thing I can see that would do that is the lock plate in the locked position, some other thoughts, the correct plastic trims pushed on all the way, nothing along the top of the ply where it pushes up

1 month later
#127 5 years ago

I love mine so much !!

20180503_192439 (resized).jpg20180503_192439 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#128 5 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

[quoted image] working on inserts. let me know if somebody need it too

I do need them. Do you have them? I'd be interested in the middle yellow one as well because I can't find it anywhere. Thank you.

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

I bought mine 12/2017 and had the same issue with hum, but cleaning didn't help. For me, the culprit was the coil bracket on the diverter assembly. When the diverter goes up, the metal cup on the bottom of the plunger assembly slams against the coil bracket. This essentially over time 'stamps' a ring into the bracket, causing the hum. Rather than order a new bracket, I swapped around a less worn one from one of the pass assemblies. The coils for those assemblies only fire momentarily, whereas the diverter coil is energized for much longer periods. No more hum!

1 week later
#130 5 years ago

I’ve just joined the club! I assume it’s common to have the basket plastic broken? Any cool mods I should add?

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I’ve just joined the club! I assume it’s common to have the basket plastic broken?

Yes, mine is broken as well.

Hey guys, could any of you take a vertical photo of the center "Fastbreak" insert? I'd appreciate if you can make it have good quality. Mine is peeled out and I need to make a decal to cover it.

#132 5 years ago

does any one have an issue with shooting the left ramp and the ball just hitting the top of the diverter and coming back down the ramp most of the time?

Also when the ball falls out the pops it just goes straight down the middle?

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from cteixeira:

Yes, mine is broken as well.
Hey guys, could any of you take a vertical photo of the center "Fastbreak" insert? I'd appreciate if you can make it have good quality. Mine is peeled out and I need to make a decal to cover it.

i can take a photo later

#134 5 years ago

not sure if any of thes are helpful, with and without flash

20181117_210112 (resized).jpg20181117_210112 (resized).jpg20181117_210125 (resized).jpg20181117_210125 (resized).jpg
#135 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

not sure if any of thes are helpful, with and without flash
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, thank you so much!! I'll try to combine both to make a decal. Mine is in pretty bad shape right now...

IMG_20181118_153258 (resized).jpgIMG_20181118_153258 (resized).jpg
#136 5 years ago

do you need pictures of those other missing insert decals?

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

I've found that if you give a good forward nudge just when the ball hits the left pop that more often than not it'll push the ball in a single movement without hitting the other pops into the right orbit where it'll drain far less.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

do you need pictures of those other missing insert decals?

Not for now, but i really appreciate it.

#139 5 years ago

I have an issue on a NBAFB where both the scoring display & motor are currently not functioning. I installed a new scoring display & no such luck. I also purchased a new motor, but have not installed yet thinking the display & motor problems are related.

Is this problem on the smaller driver boards, or could this be a transistor in the main driver board. Also, could a bad ASIC Chip in the MPU be a connection to why both are not working? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

1 week later
#140 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:does any one have an issue with shooting the left ramp and the ball just hitting the top of the diverter and coming back down the ramp most of the time?

Straight down the middle - had the same problem, very frustrating. I removed the 'P' standup target assembly and elongated the holes on the mounting bracket so as to move the whole thing as far right as possible. When I re-installed it, I loosened the metal ball guide to get the backstop on the assembly to cover the front edge of the guide. Now the ball drops to the right flipper. Another fix would be to buy a new round target assembly and cut off each side of the target so as to make it wider than the original. It might be tricky getting the target up through the opening of the playfield as its not very wide - maybe diagonally would work.

1 week later
#141 5 years ago

I put one of these on. got them from Lowe's or home depot, they are cabinet door or drawer bumpers. Feeds to the right flipper 95% of the time, hardly ever goes SDTM anymore. Placement is important.

20181209_163048 (resized).jpg20181209_163048 (resized).jpg
#142 5 years ago

Has anyone replaced the main ramp with the basket on it? Seems to be a lot of metal parts attached that don’t remove? They don’t seem to be riveted either. Any help would be appreciated

#143 5 years ago

I finally did it! It was the only team I hadn't won a ring and beat the high score with!

20181214_193850 (resized).jpg20181214_193850 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#144 5 years ago

just got 133, i suck at pinball so pretty happy with that

#145 5 years ago

so soooo close, actually gutted

20190102_114857 (resized).jpg20190102_114857 (resized).jpg
#146 5 years ago

I wish there was a wizard mode for getting all the rings.

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

[quoted image]

That was a bloody good effort!

#148 5 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

That was a bloody good effort!

thx, actually cried when the last ball drained

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from binary01:

Straight down the middle - had the same problem, very frustrating. I removed the 'P' standup target assembly and elongated the holes on the mounting bracket so as to move the whole thing as far right as possible. When I re-installed it, I loosened the metal ball guide to get the backstop on the assembly to cover the front edge of the guide. Now the ball drops to the right flipper.

Helloo @binary01, can you take a picture of your opening put of the pops? I think I’m following you but a photo would help.

Also Whysnow if your feed to the flipper is still solid can you take a picture of yours? This is still driving me nuts. The best I’ve been able to do adjusting the ball guide is to get a consistent feed to the tip of the right of flipper, it at least makes multi player matches fair with no stdms but it makes the game brutal, scores are much higher even with a 1 in 4 stdm.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Man so close! And you did the harder ones! Try going for combos first, if it’s set to factory settings you’ll light EB at the scoop when you complete them which helps a ton for chasing rings. Another not as obvious EB is spelling SHOOT again in shoot multi.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 1,251 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 26.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/3?hl=ruzeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.