Screenshot_20240427-002047-717 (resized).png
IMG_2656.jpg
Pinside_forum_8144646_0 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240423-151724-238 (resized).png
IMG_2656.jpg
Screenshot_20240423-151724-238 (resized).png
01_datasheet_lm337.jpg
00_wav095_schematic_high_voltage_regulator.jpg
There are 1,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 27.
#1301 60 days ago
Quoted from Nintegageo:

Any advice on lowering the magnet near the hoop? It's raised enough that I'd like to make it more level with the playfield. Thanks

I never paid much attention to the magnet, if there is no adjustment, place a washer on the base of the support to level it.

#1302 57 days ago

Does anyone know if a replacement can be purchased for the red pop bumper "ring and rod" piece? This would be the one that has a portion of it trimmed off to fit in the space next to the metal guide piece. I trimmed my own plastic skirts when I replaced them, but now need the metal ring and rod as mine just broke.

Or do you just have to trim it yourself from a regular ring and rod part? Any advice on how to do that? Dremel?

#1303 57 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

I never paid much attention to the magnet, if there is no adjustment, place a washer on the base of the support to level it.

Thanks, the issue was due to a playfield protector. Decided to just cut around the magnet and voilà. Solution!

#1304 57 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Does anyone know if a replacement can be purchased for the red pop bumper "ring and rod" piece? This would be the one that has a portion of it trimmed off to fit in the space next to the metal guide piece. I trimmed my own plastic skirts when I replaced them, but now need the metal ring and rod as mine just broke.
Or do you just have to trim it yourself from a regular ring and rod part? Any advice on how to do that? Dremel?

It's a standard pop bumper part. The only "modified" piece is is the skirt/wafer and that is available but since you made your own you don't need it I guess.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9809

#1305 57 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It's a standard pop bumper part. The only "modified" piece is is the skirt/wafer and that is available but since you made your own you don't need it I guess.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9809

My ring and rod part for just that red pop bumper is also modified. Isn't yours too?

#1306 57 days ago

Here's a picture of mine from an earlier post. Would be great if that little slice removed isn't actually stock or necessary.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/23#post-7920459

#1307 57 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

My ring and rod part for just that red pop bumper is also modified. Isn't yours too?

Mine is not. I rebuilt all three pops last fall. There is some adjustment that can be made to the ball guide if you loosen it and then reposition before tightening. I adjusted mine when I rebuilt the pops to "steer" the ball away from STDM's
IMG_2249 (1) (resized).jpegIMG_2249 (1) (resized).jpeg

#1308 56 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Mine is not. I rebuilt all three pops last fall. There is some adjustment that can be made to the ball guide if you loosen it and then reposition before tightening. I adjusted mine when I rebuilt the pops to "steer" the ball away from STDM's
[quoted image]

Thanks for that! Makes the repair pretty straight forward now. Just gotta get some parts ordered...

1 week later
#1309 48 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

put a new rubber grommet on the coil that passes to player 1, when this rubber is worn out the plunger becomes magnetized and loses power

Happy to announce that I changed out the grommet and surprisingly everything works really well. 20 in a row passing left from shooter 2 to Shooter 1. I will update this post if things go south.

Mike V.

#1310 47 days ago

hey guys, just picked up a project . shooter 1 and 2 will pass but not shoot, anybody tell me which fuses and transistors control those two ? i don't have a book to look at.

#1312 47 days ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

hey guys, just picked up a project . shooter 1 and 2 will pass but not shoot, anybody tell me which fuses and transistors control those two ? i don't have a book to look at.

the transistor that controls shooter 1 is Q84, the transistor that controls shooter 2 is Q86, all shooters are part of the flipper circuit so check fuses F115, F116, F117 and F118 located at the bottom right on the driver board above J119

Screenshot_20240605-111032 (1) (resized).pngScreenshot_20240605-111032 (1) (resized).pngScreenshot_20240605-110912 (1) (resized).pngScreenshot_20240605-110912 (1) (resized).png
3 weeks later
#1313 26 days ago

Anyone get a lot of airballs off the "3" target? This is the round purple one to the left of the centre ramp. I replaced mine with a new one (the one in the game was blue when I got it). Target works well, foam backing is intact, mounting bracket underneath looks to be correct. And I don't aim for it on purpose, but if you miss your ramp shot and hit it dead on, holy cow does the ball ever fly. I've had it hit the glass and also jump right over the flippers into the trough. My flippers were rebuilt recently and everything is crisp and snappy. Maybe that's the problem, lol.

I have put clear plastics overtop certain targets on other games (centre drop targets on LW3 and drop target on Spook house in Cyclone). Wasn't sure if that was feasible on NBAFB?

#1314 26 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:Anyone get a lot of airballs off the "3" target? This is the round purple one to the left of the centre ramp. I replaced mine with a new one (the one in the game was blue when I got it). Target works well, foam backing is intact, mounting bracket underneath looks to be correct. And I don't aim for it on purpose, but if you miss your ramp shot and hit it dead on, holy cow does the ball ever fly. I've had it hit the glass and also jump right over the flippers into the trough. My flippers were rebuilt recently and everything is crisp and snappy. Maybe that's the problem, lol.
I have put clear plastics overtop certain targets on other games (centre drop targets on LW3 and drop target on Spook house in Cyclone). Wasn't sure if that was feasible on NBAFB?

which coils are you using on the flippers? the flipper on the left uses the FL-11753 coil (low power) and the one on the right uses FL-11630 (medium power)

#1315 26 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

which coils are you using on the flippers? the flipper on the left uses the FL-11753 coil (low power) and the one on the right uses FL-11630 (medium power)

Thank you! I hadn't thought to double check that before... or maybe I did. Can I get some confirmation on these coils please? The manual shows FL-11630 (red) on both left and right flippers and the FL-11753 (yellow) coil only in the backbox.

I could try and go lower on the main flippers though anyway and see how it plays. Anyone else have different coil strengths in their flippers?

#1316 26 days ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Thank you! I hadn't thought to double check that before... or maybe I did. Can I get some confirmation on these coils please? The manual shows FL-11630 (red) on both left and right flippers and the FL-11753 (yellow) coil only in the backbox.
I could try and go lower on the main flippers though anyway and see how it plays. Anyone else have different coil strengths in their flippers?

you're right, FL-11630 goes on both flippers, mine has been mounted with FL-11753 since when I bought the machine, maybe the previous owner mounted it that way to protect the right ramp from breaking

#1317 22 days ago

Does anyone know where I can get the roller for the defender or is there a3d print file available

IMG_2978 (resized).pngIMG_2978 (resized).png
#1318 20 days ago
Quoted from roboclan:

Does anyone know where I

Hi. I dont know. But that whell look pretty much alike like the sliding door wheels at Homedepot or Loves. Good luck

#1319 20 days ago
Quoted from Santis:Hi. I dont know. But that whell look pretty much alike like the sliding door wheels at Homedepot or Loves. Good luck

Vastly different size but I agree. You should be able to find and equivalent part out in the hardware world somewhere.

#1320 20 days ago

I bet you could measure it and just use a real roller bearing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mars, PA
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Algonquin, IL
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,175 (OBO)
$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,320 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.