IMG_5207 (resized).png
Fastbreak LED pop (resized).png
IMG_2249 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).JPG
nba5 (resized).jpg
IMG_9189 (resized).png
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.
#51 6 years ago

Anyone interested in purchasing a linked set of NBAFB? Shoot me a PM

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Just picked one up for a steal!
No pics yet b/c it needs a cleaning something fierce.
Also, add me to the list of ppl looking for a left hook ramp!
Just placed my Marco order to get it back in shape.

I talked to starship at TPF and they said they would have the left and center ramps available in 3 weeks or so.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from murdock:

I talked to starship at TPF and they said they would have the left and center ramps available in 3 weeks or so.

I have 3 blown out right ramps!

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from murdock:

Very cool! Thanks for letting us know.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from RoadRunner:

NBAFB was my first pin and it got me hooked on this hobby for life.

Nice looking game!

Robert

#56 6 years ago

I just found this thread...I've been posting in this one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nbafb-owners-club#post-1034175

Robert

#57 6 years ago

I just discovered that this has a midnight madness. What a surprise very cool.

2 months later
#58 6 years ago
Quoted from nunnchucker:

I'm having an issue with getting the alley oop shot. I shoot the left orbit to light it up the middle ramp but by the time the ball comes back down to the flippers I have barely a second to shoot the middle ramp. Is this normal?? I can't find anything in the menu to change the timer on it either. It's the only thing keeping me from getting a championship ring

My brother and I were playing today and have the same issue as you do. The ball slows down quite a bit before it reaches the top of the orbit. A lot of times it's too slow that it can't complete the orbit, which means you're out of luck with nailing the alley oop combo shot. We did some testing and think it's hitting a rivet along the metal curved wall (which is located in the upper left hand corner, right after the "Left Loop Made" sensor (page 64 in the manual)).

Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm not sure if my right flipper is lacking the necessary power to make this shot, but as the previous poster said, you can't collect a ring if you can't make this shot. I'm open to ideas on how to resolve this. Thanks!

#59 6 years ago

My machine is missing the blue rubber and fastener that goes into Crazy Bob's. Does anyone know where I can get one or how to fashion one from another rubber?

2 weeks later
#60 6 years ago

DMD is suddenly dead. Anyone have an idea how to properly diagnose this?

Here's what happened....

I hadn't played Fastbreak in about a month, so I fired it up and immediately achieved both multiballs on my first ball. Then, suddenly the flippers dies, all but the lower playfield LEDs go black, AND the DMD went blank.

I opened up the head, rebooted the pin, and noticed that the LEDs on the CPU board, never got out of the boot up LED sequence (At power-on, LED201 and LED202 should be ON. LED203 should be OFF). It was just stuck there.

I started reading up diagnosing steps on my iPad for the next 10 minutes.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, all of the LEDs on my playfield powered up, I heard the boot up chime, and the LEDs on the CPU board, finally switched to showing a regular play status (LED201 should be OFF. LED202 should be ON. LED203 should be FLASHING.) I hit the start button, and sure enough suddenly I'm able to start a game.

Only problem, even though everything else seems to be working fine, the DMD never came back on.

And so here I am, with a DMD that has gone blank.

Any ideas or tips you guys can give me would be totally appreciated.

Thanks all!

-J

1 month later
#61 6 years ago

Does any know where this plastics goes?

20170801_071251 (resized).jpg20170801_071251 (resized).jpg

#62 6 years ago

Does anyone know where you can get a NOS Translite for these or has one in great shape for sale. With the ball constantly hitting it you would have thought someone would have made a bunch of these by now. Great game just the same!

#63 6 years ago

I'm also looking for a Translite

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Went to have a look on may NBA but can't see it for the life of me! On the plus side I had a "quick" game and ended up playing a 168 point game and got trophy multiball also becoming MVP champion (whatever that is!), never happened before so thanks

20170801_181520 (resized).jpg20170801_181520 (resized).jpg

#65 6 years ago

113223 (resized).jpg113223 (resized).jpg working on inserts. let me know if somebody need it too

#66 6 years ago

Thanks for checking Matt. I've looked at a ton of images on the net with zooming in and I can't for the life of me find it. I do notice though that Marco sells the plastic though, weird. Great game!

#67 6 years ago

I've got 2 games and I don't see that plastic anywhere on either machine.

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I will take a look at mine tonight and see if I can help you out. That is if you haven't found the plastic location yet.

#69 6 years ago

I agree with the other posters, I do not see it on my game. Also of note is that while I see it in the Marco plastic set, the Russian guy who offers the plastic kit on ebay does not show that piece. My guess is that he copied the plastics on hand from the game, while the kit from marco is based on official drawings and parts list. Why the difference? No clue.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

I agree with the other posters, I do not see it on my game. Also of note is that while I see it in the Marco plastic set, the Russian guy who offers the plastic kit on ebay does not show that piece. My guess is that he copied the plastics on hand from the game, while the kit from marco is based on official drawings and parts list. Why the difference? No clue.

i don't make copy of this because nobody knows where this parts used.

#71 6 years ago

After I stripped down mine I had that piece left over as well. And now it's sitting in a box cause I never figured it out.

3 weeks later
#72 6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I have seen these instruction/game cards floating around on some NBAFBs. Anyone know where I can purchase these? If they don't exist for purchase any longer, is anyone able to get me a high resolution color scan of it? Much appreciated!

NBAFB_Instructions (resized).jpgNBAFB_Instructions (resized).jpg

#74 6 years ago

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately they didn't have the instruction cards I was looking for.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately they didn't have the instruction cards I was looking for.

Yes it is there that's why I sent the link. Go down to nba fastbreak like the 3rd one on the list.

#77 6 years ago

Thanks Brtlkat and @oldpinguy! Another Pinsider PM me the same link. I don't know how I missed it. I think I clicked somewhere else for NBAFB and saw something different.

You guys rock!

#78 6 years ago

Looking to get into the club. What would be a fair price for a decent NBAFB these days?

#80 6 years ago

Quick question: Is it common for the blocker that moves across the upper playfield to scrape the main middle center ramp? Is there a fix for that? Thanks!

#81 6 years ago

Just played this machine last night for the first time. It's pretty funky.....soooo 90's with cheesey sounds/callouts & all. I was pleasantly surprised playing it.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Quick question: Is it common for the blocker that moves across the upper playfield to scrape the main middle center ramp?

No.

Robert

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just played this machine last night for the first time. It's pretty funky.....soooo 90's with cheesey sounds/callouts & all. I was pleasantly surprised playing it.

I am an 80s and 90s kid so I love that 90s vibe. Takes me back in time in a way.

3 months later
#84 6 years ago

If anybody is interested in a nice NBA playfield, I got one for sale. The inserts are perfect with no ghosting or damage. It has the original mylar that has kept the playfield in great condition. The saucers are also in excellent condition with no wear on any of them. I also have the following items for sale:

Shot clock in excellent condition.
Full original plastic set in perfect condition.
Plastic ramps for sale. One is in great condition with no cracks, the others have some cracks and damage.
If you are missing the Bob's entrance blue rubber pad assembly, I have the entire rail with the blue bumper pad attached to it for sale.
Translite
2 Reed switches
Defender and parts
More stuff, just ask

Also selling my super nice NBA FB with original topper. I had my fun with it, time for something different.

#85 6 years ago

I also have the 4 shooter assemblies with wires and shooter plastics

#86 6 years ago

I can send pics upon request

#87 6 years ago

Anyone know what I can use to replace the switch in the backbox that scores baskets?

Manual says A-21710 but I’m not finding that.

2 weeks later
#88 6 years ago

Anyone have a list of all NBA players listed with each team? Most teams have two players listed on the DAMN right?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone know what I can use to replace the switch in the backbox that scores baskets?
Manual says A-21710 but I’m not finding that.

+1

Can get on the wishlist here:

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/playfield-parts/switches/rollover-wires/a-21710.html

1 week later
#90 6 years ago

This pin is fun. I want one at some point.

IMG_20180108_2052196.jpgIMG_20180108_2052196.jpg

1 week later
#91 6 years ago

Anybody know the part number for the ramp metal flap securing rivets? I assume the rivets are 1/2" long or so...

2 weeks later
#92 6 years ago

Anybody interested? Rail with blue bumper assembly attached. Rail has been re-grained and polished

15682081-57A1-4270-A2AE-76405DD7F18E (resized).jpeg15682081-57A1-4270-A2AE-76405DD7F18E (resized).jpeg

9CE6F7A8-7D39-464E-AC7B-042B27873AD3 (resized).jpeg9CE6F7A8-7D39-464E-AC7B-042B27873AD3 (resized).jpeg

5 months later
#93 5 years ago

NBA Fastbreak has 2 members clubs, and unlike the game they can not be linked together. I take my spot amongst the greats today. Bring this club back from the dead, lets make a Michael Jordan rom already!

20180727_082109 (resized).jpg20180727_082109 (resized).jpg20180801_222103 (resized).jpg20180801_222103 (resized).jpg20180802_193428 (resized).jpg20180802_193428 (resized).jpg
#94 5 years ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

NBA Fastbreak has 2 members clubs, and unlike the game they can not be linked together. I take my spot amongst the greats today. Bring this club back from the dead, lets make a Michael Jordan rom already!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great choice! Love my NBAFB!

#95 5 years ago

What are you using for that NBA logo light?
Car door light?

#96 5 years ago

I love this game. Used to be one at a bar near me.

#97 5 years ago

I always wanted to add this game. Enjoy playing it. Now prices are trending up beyond my comfort zone. Hope to find one near $2k, wishful thinking on my part.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

I always wanted to add this game. Enjoy playing it. Now prices are trending up beyond my comfort zone. Hope to find one near $2k, wishful thinking on my part.

Prices are still dirt cheap on it compared to other games though of the same era. If you knew nothing about pinball, and played it along with a bunch of other games of the same era, you'd never guess that it's like 1/4 of the price. Every time my kid's friends come over, they play that one and skip all the rest of my games.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

What are you using for that NBA logo light?
Car door light?

Yes its just one of those car door leds wired do one of my GI lighting. They come in 2sets so I have one mounted on bottom and the other is going on a rotating flagpole holder so it can point at the ceiling or the wall behind the machine. I may just leave the one since I dont wanna go overkill, if anyone wants the other 1 Ill send it for just the price of shipping.

#100 5 years ago

My machine was 2350 and is pretty great looking, I am sure you can find one reasonably priced . Only problem on the machine is Million dollar shot not registering but I have the replacement switch ready to install. Hoping to do some new mods to the machine that haven't been introduced yet.
I would like a plastic orange rim with leds under it on the center hoop, preferably only wired to light up when a basket is made.
The Modfather is currently sending me a custom pincup designed after a basketball hoop.
Id like some real cheerleaders or players on the slingshot plastics.
I may go with stadium lighting and turn it into a 90s Bulls machine instead of generic NBA but would need help programming a Michael Jordan Rom to make it worth it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 29.95
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
There are 1,189 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.