IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20240329_093011352_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_2629 (resized).JPG
IMG_2613 (resized).JPG
IMG_2623 (resized).JPG
IMG_2610 (resized).JPG
IMG_9131 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9112 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 25.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Had someone come out and rebuild the flippers. Everything feels way way better now. Center shot’s easier to make. But! Shooter is airballing every shot— it’s going EVERYWHERE. It actually makes the ball launch kinda fun because you never know what that sucker’s gonna do. Could go down in the paint, could drop where it’s supposed to, could go back down into the shooter lane. Ya never know! LOL But it seems like it probably shouldn’t be like this. Anyone ever experience this and have a recommendation?

Did the shooter lane get waxed at any point? I ran into this when I was going over mine. The ball would fly from just a little excess wax.
I’d make sure the lane is clean and not too slick, same with the entry ramp.

1 week later
#902 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkstar1234:

I made an NBA Fastbreak Pinsound mix, if anyone ever wants it, give a shout.

Hi @Darkstar1234, recently i bought a pinsound kit for my NBA Fastbreak. Can you share your pinsound mix please?

IMG_20220408_115050 (resized).jpgIMG_20220408_115050 (resized).jpgIMG_20220616_141323 (resized).jpgIMG_20220616_141323 (resized).jpg
#903 1 year ago

Just wondering where people generally have their outlane posts set. I haven't touched my since I got my game but they are all the way at the top. I'd like to move them to the "factory" location whatever that is. Does anyone have any idea where the factory set those posts originally? I've been putting some time into getting my first ring and I don't want it to be harder than intended.

Thanks.

2 weeks later
#904 1 year ago

Hey guys, picked up a pretty decent NBA fastbreak light project.
Needs a basic shop and a little of this and that, but regardless, i'm happy.
I had one years ago, but i had to let it go when the opportunity to trade it for a taito icb came up (i just had to have it).
For the record, NBA is much much more fun.
So i'm happy to be back.
My kids are a little older and they are in love already.

So on to my question.
It's missing the backbox ball.
I do not see it available anywhere
Part number- 31-2816.1
Marcos says 1.38 inches.
That's a little smaller than a ping pong ball i think.
Also on my first one i never handled the ball, so i don't know what it feels like or the weight.
Solutions?

Thanks,
Joe

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Part number- 31-2816.1
Marcos says 1.38 inches.
Also on my first one i never handled the ball, so i don't know what it feels like or the weight.
Solutions?
Thanks,
Joe

I think I got mine from Planetary Pinball. There seems to be 2 different ones a brighter orange one and more brownish one. I have both. The Planetary one I thought was the right one.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-2816-1

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I think I got mine from Planetary Pinball. There seems to be 2 different ones a brighter orange one and more brownish one. I have both. The Planetary one I thought was the right one.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-2816-1

Thanks, I saw the planatary one, but unfortunately it's out of stock. For now I'll take anything I can get.

#907 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Hey guys, picked up a pretty decent NBA fastbreak light project.
Needs a basic shop and a little of this and that, but regardless, i'm happy.
I had one years ago, but i had to let it go when the opportunity to trade it for a taito icb came up (i just had to have it).
For the record, NBA is much much more fun.
So i'm happy to be back.
My kids are a little older and they are in love already.
So on to my question.
Part number- 31-2816.1
Marcos says 1.38 inches.
Solutions?
Thanks,
Joe

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/nba-fastbreak-orange-ball.html
https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/ball-nba-fastbreakcv-backbox-ball-orange-no-stripes/

#908 1 year ago

Thanks,
I guess i'm going to have to give a thorough look at what parts i need and where they will come from.
I'm not opposed to overseas, but if i do have to, i'd like to make sure what i need goes on one order.

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Thanks,
I guess i'm going to have to give a thorough look at what parts i need and where they will come from.
I'm not opposed to overseas, but if i do have to, i'd like to make sure what i need goes on one order.

Ministry of Pinball shipping is very reasonable, I have ordered large bulky parts for New Zealand and the shipping costs have been very good

#910 1 year ago

Ok, i have the ball problem solved, a nice member of pinside met up with me and gave me a couple old balls he had.
Which is great, because ministry of pinball cancelled my order stating the ball would not fit in an envelope.

Which leads me to my next problem.
I also ordered a defender plastic from them.
I had an opportunity to get one on ebay before i took possession of the machine, but i waited until the deal was done, which was too late.
So i ordered one from ministy, which is now obviously cancelled.
At this point, i guess i will reorder this time without the ball.

Unless someone else has a better domestic idea for purchase.

#911 1 year ago

Reordered the defender without the ball, this time it shipped.
I know there used to be a defender protector, i think from pinbits maybe?
Does one still exist?

#912 1 year ago

Just picked up a Minty Fresh NBA Fast Break. Loving it so far, but I think we can make it better!

D36DEBA5-5A2C-4D23-BEC9-B51EBA58707F (resized).jpegD36DEBA5-5A2C-4D23-BEC9-B51EBA58707F (resized).jpegIMG_2370 (resized).jpegIMG_2370 (resized).jpegIMG_2344 (resized).jpegIMG_2344 (resized).jpegIMG_2353 (resized).jpegIMG_2353 (resized).jpegIMG_2346 (resized).jpegIMG_2346 (resized).jpeg2991D56E-8439-4EFC-A621-4E895F67CBEC (resized).jpg2991D56E-8439-4EFC-A621-4E895F67CBEC (resized).jpg
#913 1 year ago

I joined the club a couple of weeks ago. Really enjoying this game.

58B5184A-1403-4B29-8AD5-B7CEAA077ACD (resized).jpeg58B5184A-1403-4B29-8AD5-B7CEAA077ACD (resized).jpeg
#914 1 year ago
Quoted from EvillePinball:

Just picked up a Minty Fresh NBA Fast Break. Loving it so far, but I think we can make it better! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap! Where did you find this one?
Someone seriously let it leave the factory with those inner cabinet stickers like that?!?!

#915 1 year ago

Such a fun game!

It’s got a great 90s retro vibe to it!

#916 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Holy crap! Where did you find this one?
Someone seriously let it leave the factory with those inner cabinet stickers like that?!?!

About 2 miles from my house, in my buddies basement
No those 2 stickers have lost their “stick”. they were laying in the bottom of the cab. They’re preserved in coin box now. More pics on instagram or fb if anybody wants to follow along. Just search for Eville Pinball.
Thanks!

#917 1 year ago

Did the fastbreak sticker come originally on the coin door?

#918 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I was thinking the same thing. Haven’t seen one of those before but wish someone would reproduce it

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Quoted from allsportdvd:

I was thinking the same thing. Haven’t seen one of those before but wish someone would reproduce it

I cant confirm this is how it came, but the machine still had stock rubbers and absolutely zero mods or molesting. The goodie bag still stapled inside and oe location lockdown bar inside untouched. SO i cant imagine original owner added a sticker. It is an interesting question because i don't see this sticker in any of the promotional flyers. Glad its on there though!

#920 1 year ago

So I found that coin door decal in an obscure ebay ad.
Says it's a repro, available in the Russian federation. Anyone want to swing by and pick it up?

#921 1 year ago

Received an order from pinballspareparts Australia.
For some reason the backbox plastics there are $22 for one set or in bulk at $11 each if you buy two sets.
The good news in that i installed a new set for my broken ones and to brighten them all up.
The bad news is both sets have the same one missing. I didn't need that one (second one up on the right curving towards the top), so it wasn't the end of the world, i just polished that one up.
Second time i ordered from them. Took like two weeks, but holy crap did i save alot of money compared to US prices.

#922 1 year ago

Any leads on the left ramp divertor (#04-10725)? I've welded mine back, but on route it breaks every few months. Would love to see these re-run.

-JR

#923 1 year ago
Quoted from JMWRainwater:

Any leads on the left ramp divertor (#04-10725)? I've welded mine back, but on route it breaks every few months. Would love to see these re-run.
-JR

Found one in Germany.

https://shop.multiball.de/produkt/diverter-blade-nba-fastbreak/

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Received an order from pinballspareparts Australia.
For some reason the backbox plastics there are $22 for one set or in bulk at $11 each if you buy two sets.
The good news in that i installed a new set for my broken ones and to brighten them all up.
The bad news is both sets have the same one missing. I didn't need that one (second one up on the right curving towards the top), so it wasn't the end of the world, i just polished that one up.
Second time i ordered from them. Took like two weeks, but holy crap did i save alot of money compared to US prices.

EDIT: Found them.

#925 1 year ago

Hoping to join this club soon.

I went to a pinball comp a month or two back and out of the 40 odd machines i hadn't played before, this was the one i brought back ambitions for. Even tried to buy the trashed one off the owner.

I put an ad up and had a restorer contact me telling me the next one in their queue was one of these.

After the talks ended we came up with a handshake deal for him to go ahead with the resto and a spread of numbers that should see me be able to justify a beautiful resto of a really fun and different machine. i can see this being a lot of fun in a two player game, can really go head to head!

Can't wait.

AndThescoresAreEasyToRememberPunkin

#926 1 year ago

Anyone know what size machine screws hold the defender on? Mine are totally missing.
Also I bought this blue rubber piece
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6795
But not sure how or where it goes. Screw holes don't align well with the defender screws, so my guess was it didn't go there.

#927 1 year ago

Turns out detailed parts diagrams and lists are in the manual.
Even the screw size.
The reason I couldn't see the bumper is because it's under the playfield. Original looks fine.
The screws are 4-40 by 1/4 long.
I went on Amazon and just ordered a #4-40 assortment with nuts for $14. I've needed that size before and they are a pain to get locally and last time I ended up paying like $6 for 4 screws and nuts.

#928 1 year ago

Skimmed through the thread and didn't spot this being discussed, but most people i spoke to here about NBA have said that there aren't many around because people bought them cheap and turned them into Medieval Madness machines.

This doesn't make sense to me, there were a stack of MM made and then remade and the costs of getting all new mechs, cab art, backglass etc doesn't add up to just buying a used MM. Seems like an urban myth.

Can anyone shed some actual factual light on this rumour?

#929 1 year ago

Somewhere on pinside there is a thread about making a mm from scratch using a nbafb. This was before the remake when mm was going for (at the time, early 2010s) 10-12k. At the same time an nbafb was about 1.6k. I doubt that they are rare because of being "converted" but that there were just fewer made ti begin with.

#930 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Skimmed through the thread and didn't spot this being discussed, but most people i spoke to here about NBA have said that there aren't many around because people bought them cheap and turned them into Medieval Madness machines.
This doesn't make sense to me, there were a stack of MM made and then remade and the costs of getting all new mechs, cab art, backglass etc doesn't add up to just buying a used MM. Seems like an urban myth.

I know of at least three cases of Congo‘s and fast breaks being converted to medieval madnesses around 2012-13 just here in Florida

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Quite a number of NBAFB's were converted to MM. There was a period of time after WMS closed their Pinball Division and Stern turning out very ordinary playing games, saw the used game market dry up, especially for the top end machines. If they were available, they commanded a very high price. This drove some to convert NBAFB's to MM just due to the price difference alone. Back then it was hard to sell an NBAFB, quite a number got scrapped just for the boardset alone, as they were also very hard to find at a reasonable prices.

Here in Australia, Mark.C had a number of NBAFB's converted due to his availability of WMS parts.

Parts availability has come along way since those dark days. That and the remakes have driven prices down considerably.

#932 1 year ago

So is there historical info on this stuff, besides a retheme thread?

It's an ace story, adds to the mystique and the rarity.

#933 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

So is there historical info on this stuff, besides a retheme thread?
It's an ace story, adds to the mystique and the rarity.

You could try searching through old threads, but that time in question may pre-date Pinside. There maybe some evidence found on RGP.

Most resellers that did this, weren't exactly forth coming that those games were converted. Remember, they were attempting to sell these games to unsuspecting buyers or those just desperate to own the game and price tag was >$10k, which was a huge amount back then for any pinball machine.

That was a time when some MM's were fetching 3x that of a NIB game from Stern. If it was a HEP restored game, sometimes even more! The game was in massive demand and supply had almost dried up, and what was for sale fetched huge money.

The few conversions I saw at Mark.C's back in the day weren't high on quality workmanship, like a HEP restore. They all sold though, for crazy amounts.

Prior to the conversions, which all relied on reproduction playfields being available, resellers would buy NBAFB's cheap, sub $1k, sometimes for as little as $600 - $800 AUD. As they were a very cheap source of WPC-95 boardsets.

#934 1 year ago

I have coin door stickers like on previous pics, who need it?

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

I have coin door stickers like on previous pics, who need it?

I do.
Send me a PM with how much you want and how to pay.
Thanks,
Joe

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I do.
Send me a PM with how much you want and how to pay.
Thanks,
Joe

Same here. Thanks

#937 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

Same here. Thanks

Same! Thanks

#938 1 year ago

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
I have 4 pcs left, who interested in this decals dm me. Also I have cab decals and plastic for back box and playfield. Sometimes I am making repro toppers for Fastbreak but they are heavy and shipping is very expensive
30DF736D-EB40-42CE-8A8F-DE9F5E78DE3E (resized).jpeg30DF736D-EB40-42CE-8A8F-DE9F5E78DE3E (resized).jpeg

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

[quoted image]
I have 4 pcs left, who interested in this decals dm me. Also I have cab decals and plastic for back box and playfield. Sometimes I am making repro toppers for Fastbreak but they are heavy and shipping is very expensive
[quoted image]

I have the set of 3 of your (i believe) repro topper that came with the fastbreak I picked up. They are just the 3 boards no frame/hardware. Was planning on making a frame out bar stock. But figured id ask how the oe toppers were originally attached.

Thanks!

#940 1 year ago
Quoted from EvillePinball:

I have the set of 3 of your (i believe) repro topper that came with the fastbreak I picked up. They are just the 3 boards no frame/hardware. Was planning on making a frame out bar stock. But figured id ask how the oe toppers were originally attached.
Thanks!

I am used metal edges to place it on back box.

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

I am used metal edges to place it on back box.

Do you sell just the decals for the toppers? Do you have the link kit topper artwork?

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Do you sell just the decals for the toppers? Do you have the link kit topper artwork?

No I don’t have it

#943 1 year ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

No I don’t have it

I will take 2 please.

#944 1 year ago

I'll take a coin door decal please! I'm confused to who actually has them lol

#945 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I'll take a coin door decal please! I'm confused to who actually has them lol

If you are getting one sent could you grab me one too mate please?

#946 1 year ago

Whay type of screw holds the little tunnel and ball guide on the rebound section of the left ramp?
My original was destroyed and it had what appears to be a counter sunk 8-32 machine screw. The size isn't the issue, it fits fine, but Larry's ramp doesn't have a taper and I'm a bit hesitant to give it one considering the fitment is pretty tight and I would have to draw it downwards with the screw.
The ball would absolutely hit that screw they way it currently sits.

#947 1 year ago

Also forgot, i have inside blades for Fastbreak, let me know who interested.
s-l1600-5 (resized).jpgs-l1600-5 (resized).jpg

#948 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

If you are getting one sent could you grab me one too mate please?

Will do mate

#949 1 year ago

What’s your fix for the cheap SDTM drains given from the pops?

B35EF630-B0E6-4706-8DED-53F7A1C8176A (resized).jpegB35EF630-B0E6-4706-8DED-53F7A1C8176A (resized).jpeg

I’m at a solid 20% drain rate
Game is balanced perfect at 7 degree pitch

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

B35EF630-B0E6-4706-8DED-53F7A1C8176A (resized).jpeg

I’m at a solid 20% drain rate
Game is balanced perfect at 7 degree pitch

For me. Shake it right before drain so ball hit a post and change direction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Robbinsville, NJ
$ 24.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 1,242 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nba-fastbreak-fanatics-club/page/19?hl=vbobrusev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.