20220428_002048112_iOS (resized).jpg
20220428_002039663_iOS (resized).jpg
DB711074-81AF-413C-8AB0-EFE8FD5051AE (resized).jpeg
4EE146F4-3E96-4FE0-B22E-49D18E584184 (resized).jpeg
AE3DDCDD-736A-4D7B-914E-40C6E2E0CAD5 (resized).jpeg
22A57E66-1C0E-440D-8DB4-E5577627B675 (resized).jpeg
66656234692__B33F816D-6283-4A8C-860D-149C7060560E (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

There are 903 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.
#851 4 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Thanks for the help Santis.

anytime

#852 4 months ago

What is the best angle for this game? I currently have it at 6.5 degrees.

#853 4 months ago

I believe someone a little while back was selling a mod cover for the scoreboard- are any of those still available?

#854 4 months ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I believe someone a little while back was selling a mod cover for the scoreboard- are any of those still available?

You mean this one?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1226-game-room-info-shop/04277-nba-fastbreak-backboard-mod

1 month later
#855 75 days ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I ended replacing the batteries, which reset the high scores and cleared out other items such as the time/date. I was able to get a high score with the Pistons with one ring after that.
I was surprised that did the trick, since it was holding other high scores, and recording new ones, just not for the Pistons.
Thanks for the help Santis.

If you replace the batteries with the game on i don't think you lose high scores. I know i would be nervous doing that but i think that is the recommended way to do it.

#856 71 days ago

Joined the club today pumped

22A57E66-1C0E-440D-8DB4-E5577627B675 (resized).jpeg
#857 71 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Joined the club today pumped[quoted image]

Welcome!

#858 71 days ago
Quoted from DK:

I made a "cheat sheet" for me and others lol
[quoted image]

I'm missing at LEAST one question. I had one come up today about "what team scored the least points in the season". How many other questions have been seen that I don't already have?

#859 70 days ago

This is a great game wow
Very well done

#860 70 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

This is a great game wow
Very well done

Yours looks to be in very good shape. I haven't seen that clean of a back box since the 90's! Enjoy.

#861 70 days ago

For those that are NBA link savvy..

I’ve got all new chips as designated/identified in the manual, as well I have built a cable that has pins 1 on both end going to ground, and then the Tx and Rx flipped (pin 2 goes to pin 3, and vice versa). At this point after installing the link setup in u9.29/30 on each game respectively, we still see ‘waiting for link’. I did make the cabling quite long, and the only thought I have at this point is to try shortening it.

Any other thoughts on what I should review?

#862 70 days ago

Did you set up each pin #1 and #2 respectively?

#863 70 days ago

Still looking for a linked header for my two NBAFB's. Hoping someone can help. Had a lead on the artwork file, unfortunately the owner has gone silent and no longer returns messages.

#864 70 days ago

I did the install the player 1 and 2 respectively on each game via the Utilities menu.

#865 70 days ago
Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

I did the install the player 1 and 2 respectively on each game via the Utilities menu.

Have you tried reversing which pin is 1 and which pin is 2?

Its been a while since I set up mine, and I vaguely remember it was important how the cable that connects them is run (which end goes to which pin)

#866 70 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Still looking for a linked header for my two NBAFB's. Hoping someone can help. Had a lead on the artwork file, unfortunately the owner has gone silent and no longer returns messages.

I got given a rough linked header. I don’t have the ability to scan this size of an item, and I’m not sure that the condition is a good starting place. I’ll post photos as soon as I receive them from my partner.

#867 70 days ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Have you tried reversing which pin is 1 and which pin is 2?
Its been a while since I set up mine, and I vaguely remember it was important how the cable that connects them is run (which end goes to which pin)

Good thought! I haven’t tried that. I’ll see about what happens when we try this.

#868 70 days ago

I got given a rough linked header. I don’t have the ability to scan this size of an item, and I’m not sure that the condition is a good starting place. I’ll post photos as soon as I receive them from my partner.

Great, thank you.

#869 70 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I have one I bought from a Pinsider here that I am not going to use now. I can probably get a shipping estimate overseas if you are interested.

#870 70 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have one I bought from a Pinsider here that I am not going to use now. I can probably get a shipping estimate overseas if you are interested.

That would be great, thank you. Is it a decal that can be rolled up, or is it adhered to a board of some sort?

#871 70 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

That would be great, thank you. Is it a decal that can be rolled up, or is it adhered to a board of some sort?

Rolled decal. You would have to create a mount for it. I am fighting the flu right now, but when I am feeling a bit better I will grab some pics for you.

#872 70 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Rolled decal. You would have to create a mount for it. I am fighting the flu right now, but when I am feeling a bit better I will grab some pics for you.

Thank you. How would you describe the quality of the print/artwork? Hope you feel better soon.

#873 70 days ago

It seems you may have found one, 73. I just got these photos from my partner of the header that adorns our NBAFBs at the arcade.

The linked header was a Wonderful gift from a good friend of ours that had routed 2 linked NBAFBs. Of historical note, the game on the right was one of the games that sat under this very linked header when they were originally on route. Naturally I had gotten games on them when they were at that location. Pretty neat full circle NBA action.

4EE146F4-3E96-4FE0-B22E-49D18E584184 (resized).jpegAE3DDCDD-736A-4D7B-914E-40C6E2E0CAD5 (resized).jpegDB711074-81AF-413C-8AB0-EFE8FD5051AE (resized).jpeg
#874 70 days ago

It seems you may have found one, 73. I just got these photos from my partner of the header that adorns our NBAFBs at the arcade.
The linked header was a Wonderful gift from a good friend of ours that had routed 2 linked NBAFBs. Of historical note, the game on the right was one of the games that sat under this very linked header when they were originally on route. Naturally I had gotten games on them when they were at that location. Pretty neat full circle NBA action.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting the photos! How is you header constructed, is is stiff cardboard, thin ply or sheet metal?

#875 70 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thanks for posting the photos! How is you header constructed, is is stiff cardboard, thin ply or sheet metal?

Stiff cardboard.. and lots and lots of tape.

#876 70 days ago

CaryCarmichael Do you have a link to the chips you purchased?

#877 70 days ago
Quoted from Pinash:

CaryCarmichael Do you have a link to the chips you purchased?

I bought the 3.1 G11 and the 3.0 S2 from a reputable source for both.

I really should suspect the cable, and just want to be sure that there aren’t any notable pitfalls. Or if perhaps I have the wrong chips. Both also got:

U22
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/analog-devices-inc-maxim-integrated/MAX239CNG/11522031

U24
https://www.jameco.com/z/TL16C550CN-Major-Brands-IC-TL16C550CN-UART-FIFO-40-pin-DIP_288809.html

(Chips all pointing the correct direction)

1 week later
#878 61 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Thank you. How would you describe the quality of the print/artwork? Hope you feel better soon.

Okay, was able to get back to where I have the header decal stored. Here are some pics of it unrolled on my ping pong table. It is very nice quality, and is a decal. If I were still doing my head to head project, I would be mounting this on lexan and then backlighting it for maximum effect. Plenty of ways to mount it though.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM.

20220428_002039663_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002048112_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002052395_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002056779_iOS (resized).jpg20220428_002100062_iOS (resized).jpg
#879 61 days ago

Does anyone know where I can get a center ramp flap?

#880 61 days ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Okay, was able to get back to where I have the header decal stored. Here are some pics of it unrolled on my ping pong table. It is very nice quality, and is a decal. If I were still doing my head to head project, I would be mounting this on lexan and then backlighting it for maximum effect. Plenty of ways to mount it though.
If you are interested, shoot me a PM.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. PM incoming.

#881 60 days ago

ralphwiggum did you receive my PM?

#882 60 days ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

ralphwiggum did you receive my PM?

Yessir… pm responded to…

#883 54 days ago

Just joined the club. I'm changing bulbs out and have a question about the bulbs behind the backboard.

There are two identical connectors on the wire harness, one has 12v on it and the other doesn't appear to have power on it.

Could someone post a pic of the their backboard light connector?

#884 48 days ago

What does this post do ?
Under the metal ramp where the ball plunges
Cause all it does is energize when the pops are hit and make a buzz sound

685A7A14-5A48-4D63-BB0B-0FF77F79BD6B (resized).jpeg
#885 48 days ago

Obviously I’m missing something

#887 48 days ago

That diverter when down sends the ball into the pop bumpers. When up (buzzing sound) it lets the ball enter the orbit.

#888 48 days ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

That diverter when down sends the ball into the pop bumpers. When up (buzzing sound) it lets the ball enter the orbit.

Ordered thanks

#889 46 days ago

I'm having an issue with the strength and/or consistency of the shoot 1 and shoot 2 units. The passes in shoot 2 don't ever make it left or right but it makes the basket every time. Shoot 1 can pass (gravity assist) but it rarely makes the shot. This is a new problem since I repaired my game by replacing both the Power driver board (original is going out for repair) and the CPU board (original was majorly corroded and flakey).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#890 20 days ago

Just joined the Fastbreak club last Monday. Spent my memorial day hauling it from Eau Claire, WI to the Chicago suburbs! So stoked. Love it so much, such unique gameplay that really feels different from other machines. Pics below— hadn’t assembled the full topper yet in the first one. Everything’s in great shape. First thing I want to do is replace some of the bulbs and brighten that playfield up.

Quick easy question: is the center ramp shot SUPPOSED to be a little hard to make? Seems like that makes sense with the gameplay but I just wanna make sure. I have to really hit it dead on at a good rate of speed for it to make it up that hill. I’d say half the time I hit it it drops right back down that ramp the way it came. I wanna make sure that’s “the point” and not some issue I should address.

7C5EEBB3-5196-43D7-A6B1-6EF1E3DD4DB5 (resized).jpegE087E543-2E5C-45AB-A873-5FAD197BDC55 (resized).jpeg
#891 20 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Just joined the Fastbreak club last Monday. Spent my memorial day hauling it from Eau Claire, WI to the Chicago suburbs! So stoked. Love it so much, such unique gameplay that really feels different from other machines. Pics below— hadn’t assembled the full topper yet in the first one. Everything’s in great shape. First thing I want to do is replace some of the bulbs and brighten that playfield up.
Quick easy question: is the center ramp shot SUPPOSED to be a little hard to make? Seems like that makes sense with the gameplay but I just wanna make sure. I have to really hit it dead on at a good rate of speed for it to make it up that hill. I’d say half the time I hit it it drops right back down that ramp the way it came. I wanna make sure that’s “the point” and not some issue I should address.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That looks pretty sweet sitting next to Godzilla! Great lineup!

#892 20 days ago
Quoted from roar:

That looks pretty sweet sitting next to Godzilla! Great lineup!

Thanks! Got a Data East Rocky & Bullwinkle arriving next week too

#893 20 days ago

Center ramp shot shouldn't be too hard to make. At least strength of shot wise. You do have to make a clean shot though.

#894 20 days ago
Quoted from SimpleSkin:

Center ramp shot shouldn't be too hard to make. At least strength of shot wise. You do have to make a clean shot though.

Thanks. I have been thinking my flippers feel just a tad weak. Is there a setting to adjust flipper power like there is on some machines? I haven’t found any on Fastbreak.

#895 20 days ago
Quoted from kttully0428:

Thanks. I have been thinking my flippers feel just a tad weak. Is there a setting to adjust flipper power like there is on some machines? I haven’t found any on Fastbreak.

No setting for that but definitely consider rebuilding the flippers. Makes a world of difference!

#896 20 days ago
Quoted from ThatGuyBo:

No setting for that but definitely consider rebuilding the flippers. Makes a world of difference!

Absolutely a world of difference. I second this suggestion. I did this recently on my NGG that was starting to feel weak. Major improvement. Here's the kit that I used from Marcos.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WFLTRON

#897 20 days ago

I had that problem. After replacing coil sleeves and adjusting the EOS switch a tad tighter I had no more problems.

#898 19 days ago

I think I'll do a flipper rebuild. They're in slightly rough shape anyway. I think it's worth it.

By the way, anybody have any recommendations for lighting kits/configurations they've used for this machine?

#899 19 days ago

On the NBAFB I had, you should be able to hit the basket from a trap. Now that wasn't an easy shot due to the geometry. If I hit either side of the ramp it was very likely not to go in the hoop.

#900 17 days ago

Had someone come out and rebuild the flippers. Everything feels way way better now. Center shot’s easier to make. But! Shooter is airballing every shot— it’s going EVERYWHERE. It actually makes the ball launch kinda fun because you never know what that sucker’s gonna do. Could go down in the paint, could drop where it’s supposed to, could go back down into the shooter lane. Ya never know! LOL But it seems like it probably shouldn’t be like this. Anyone ever experience this and have a recommendation?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
$ 11.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Raymond, WA
$ 29.95
Electronics
PinSound
There are 903 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!